Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**Atlanta at New Orleans -3.5 (49)**


Recommended Posts

Just now, rick6668 said:

Did they actually give them a play?  Was watching on redzone and they didn't show it.

The offense can decline the free play, I believe.  Similar to running off the field with a few seconds remaining in the 4th quarter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Not sure about that.  If Thomas didn’t drop that one right through his hands or that last third down were better, things would be different. 

I actually missed this Thomas drop, but the Saintsreport crew is posting about it. It would’ve been a TD?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Not sure about that.  If Thomas didn’t drop that one right through his hands or that last third down were better, things would be different.  I don’t think his passing looks too bad.  Not understanding some of the playcalling

This.

That was a bad drop by Thomas and killed the drive and took points away. Hill's numbers would look pretty good with that play added in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Hill's numbers would look pretty good with that play added in.

Starting to come around, anyway.

I like Sean Payton’s call to go for the TD on fourth down there. He would’ve been roasted if it didn’t work ... but it did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, conlilnew said:

I haven't seen anything on the injury thread about Hurst today. For those of you watching is he just getting blanketed or has he been out of game due to injury? 

Falcons can’t get anything going in the passing game. Saints entire DL is winning their one-on-one battles and pressuring Ryan. 5 sacks and numerous knockdowns so far for the Saints D.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Falcons can’t get anything going in the passing game. Saints entire DL is winning their one-on-one battles and pressuring Ryan. 5 sacks and numerous knockdowns so far for the Saints D.

Yeah. A kick in the nuts having Hurst and playing against the Saints D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yeah. A kick in the nuts having Hurst and playing against the Saints D.

Saints have a rep for bad defense, but they came into the game ranked 4th in the NFL In total defense. Their D line rotates three dangerous pass rushers, and DT David Onyemata is playing at an All Pro level.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doug B said:

Saints have a rep for bad defense, but they came into the game ranked 4th in the NFL In total defense. Their D line rotates three dangerous pass rushers, and DT David Onyemata is playing at an All Pro level.

Oh no doubt they have been solid.  Still hurts when trying to gain FF position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, skillz said:

Taysom Hill is kryptonite for Kamara.  Two TD runs in the red zone and no receptions for Kamara today.  

I think Payton can scheme to rectify that. But for today, when Kamara draws or clears out defenders ... Hill’s legs can make the defense pay.

Edited by Doug B
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Party's over for Kamara owners who were living off him, made it to 7 wins so far myself but this is sobering.

Just one game. Defenses will get tape and adjust. That will help open up things for Kamara.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, skillz said:

Taysom Hill is kryptonite for Kamara.  Two TD runs in the red zone and no receptions for Kamara today.  

I have a problem. I have a huge and irrational hate for Taysom Hill.

I admit it. I admit it makes no sense and the guy has done nothing to me or my team.

I just hate gadgetry for gadgetry sake, which I thins Taysom's game revolves around. I think this kind of player is just fluff in the NFL. I think Payton is using him to look clever and progressive and forward leaning. I even hate his name (Taysom?).

So I love to see him try to run and lose the ball on a fumble.

It's petty, it doesn't make sense, it's unfair to Hill, but had to vent. I feel better now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Julio with a big catch. Looks like he isn't running with usual speed so not confident he'll get anything else.

But good to see him in and targeted in this drive.

Until Ryan gives the drive up with a poor INT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I just hate gadgetry for gadgetry sake, which I thins Taysom's game revolves around. I think this kind of player is just fluff in the NFL.

I’ll say this much — now that he’s the starting QB, the gadgetry you’re talking about has to get dialed way back. If for nothing else, to keep him healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doug B said:

The Saints won't run away and hide on the scoreboard like they did at Tampa, but I see this as a comfortable two-score game with the Saints up late in the fourth quarter. The Falcons might score very late to draw within a score, but that's as close as I can see them coming today

I usually blow my pregame predictions—nice to hit on one for once :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Houston turmOiler said:

I know it's a tough spot and not all his fault, but I will never own Matt Ryan again. He's so jittery back there and he can't run a lick. He's awful without Julio.

He's garbage this year. Gonna get worse as Julio continues to have more and more injuries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints left points on the field, too, but we’ll take it.

Keep in mind, that was Taysom Hill’s very first NFL start. Today should not represent Taysom’s ceiling ... though I’ll be interested to see how Sean Payton adjusts the offense to counter what defenses do once they start breaking down Hill’s film.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Doug B said:

Saints left points on the field, too, but we’ll take it.

Keep in mind, that was Taysom Hill’s very first NFL start. Today should not represent Taysom’s ceiling ... though I’ll be interested to see how Sean Payton adjusts the offense to counter what defenses do once they start breaking down Hill’s film.

Sean Payton trolling with the Roddy White retweet ..... :lmao:

Edited by gianmarco
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...