What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Pittsburgh at Jacksonville +10.5 (46)* (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Steelers Defense should save the day today. As teams march thru undefeated, they go thru many weeks like what the Steelers experienced a couple weeks ago vs Dallas and they rise up and just win by a little bit but they win and they march on...sooner or later they usually trip up, it's inevitable except for 1 team. 

There is nothing to bet Jax with but it's going to be a week when they least expect it that Pittsburgh ends up a little short. Probably not this week though. Probably...

Pittsburgh 31...Jacksonville 14

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies to Steelers fans in advance for Big Ben's injury.  

My local auction team had three QB's - Josh Allen, Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill.  Allen is on a bye, Brees is hurt, and a struggling Tannehill is playing Baltimore, so I picked up Ben, who was dropped last week cause another owner needed to cause of byes and injuries (and probably hoped to pick him back up this week, but I had a lot of WW dollars left), and will start him, which means he is destined to get hurt in the 1st Q after throwing for 43 yards and a pick. :lol:  

Count me among those who has watched Jacksonville all year and think it's going to be a curb stomp.

I can't help but see Robinson finding nothing but yellow and black all day. Luton is dazed and confused by the pass rush the Steelers put on the Jags.

I'll let MoP handle the final score. Sounds right to me. 

eta* I'll be hoping otherwise. Have Robinson and Chark going in some leagues.

Count me among those who has watched Jacksonville all year and think it's going to be a curb stomp.

I can't help but see Robinson finding nothing but yellow and black all day. Luton is dazed and confused by the pass rush the Steelers put on the Jags.

I'll let MoP handle the final score. Sounds right to me. 

eta* I'll be hoping otherwise. Have Robinson and Chark going in some leagues.
A blowout also affects how much the Steeler's vaunted trio of WRs will be targeted. The running game for the Steelers should get going. I'm starting Claypool with limited expectations.

For reference, see the Mia-Jax game earlier in the year. Except the Pitt D is better.

I saw that the Steelers have allowed the 3rd most TDs to WRs this season. That was enough to sway me to start Chark over Woods as my #4 WR in a league. 

I saw that the Steelers have allowed the 3rd most TDs to WRs this season. That was enough to sway me to start Chark over Woods as my #4 WR in a league. 
In my main dynasty, I went Chark and benched Robinson. The experts donna like it. I donna care. Watching Saquon Barkley slam into a Pittsburgh wall repeatedly that Monday night has given me pause. I think Spillane and Williamson will fill in admirably for Bush, I think, and they'll stop the running game of JAX in their tracks. 

In my main dynasty, I went Chark and benched Robinson. The experts donna like it. I donna care. Watching Saquon Barkley slam into a Pittsburgh wall repeatedly that Monday night has given me pause. I think Spillane and Williamson will fill in admirably for Bush, I think, and they'll stop the running game of JAX in their tracks. 
I just think Robinson has has entered "can't bench" territory this season. Tough matchup as it may be, he's the #3/#4 RB in PPR leagues! 

A blowout also affects how much the Steeler's vaunted trio of WRs will be targeted. The running game for the Steelers should get going. I'm starting Claypool with limited expectations.

For reference, see the Mia-Jax game earlier in the year. Except the Pitt D is better.
If so, I'm selfishly hoping for a bunch of Diontae to build the lead, and then heavy doses of Conner to salt things away.

I just think Robinson has has entered "can't bench" territory this season. Tough matchup as it may be, he's the #3/#4 RB in PPR leagues! 
That's what most people are thinking. They're thinking three-down back? You don't bench him. I know he's RB3. I don't think he's entered that non-bench territory. I play half PPR for RBs. You might convince me otherwise, though. I have until 9:55 or so to set a lineup, so...

I don't think I'll be doing it. I don't want to be left holding the bag. Rather wear the bag on my face in shame if he goes off righteously. Don't get me wrong. I've come to really like big James. Just not sure his athleticism or his offensive line allows him to dominate the Steelers. People are projecting eighty yards and a touchdown. I think that's awfully generous. Who knows, though? That's why they play the game.

eta* This is who I'm staring over him right now: Ezekiel Elliott, Damien Harris, D.J. Chark, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, and Jakobi Meyers. If anyone sees anything glaring about that, feel free to let me know. For real. Always like input.

That's what most people are thinking. They're thinking three-down back? You don't bench him. I know he's RB3. I don't think he's entered that territory. You might convince me otherwise, though. I have until 9:55 or so to set a lineup, so...

I don't think I'll be doing it. I don't want to be left holding the bag. Rather wear the bag on my face in shame if he goes off righteously. Don't get me wrong. I've come to really like big James. Just not sure his athleticism or his offensive line allows him to dominate the Steelers. People are projecting eighty yards and a touchdown. I think that's awfully generous. Who knows, though? That's why they play the game.

eta* This is who I'm staring over him right now. Ezekiel Elliott, Damien Harris, D.J. Chark, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, and Jakobi Meyers. If anyone sees anything glaring about that, feel free to let me know. For real. Always like input.
Jakobi Meyers has had one big game. I'd start Robinson over him in a NY minute.

That's what most people are thinking. They're thinking three-down back? You don't bench him. I know he's RB3. I don't think he's entered that territory. You might convince me otherwise, though. I have until 9:55 or so to set a lineup, so...

eta* This is who I'm staring over him right now. Ezekiel Elliott, Damien Harris, D.J. Chark, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, and Jakobi Meyers. If anyone sees anything glaring about that, feel free to let me know. For real. Always like input.
I'd bench Harris. I know he's their "starting RB" now, but Burkhead and White get a ton of touches. Harris's value takes even more of a hit if you're in a PPR league. I know HOU is a tasty matchup for Harris, but he only has 1 TD in the 6 games he's played. 

Argh. This is full PPR for receivers. Meyers' floor since starting is about thirteen-fourteen points.

Harris does only have one touchdown, but his floor is enticing.

I'm going Robinson over Harris, I think. Thanks guys, for pointing stuff out. Harris has taken a seat in the red zone too many times for my liking. Robinson it is. 

Went back to Robinson.
In full PPR this is a good choice.  If the game is close you would expect JAX to give him carries to eat the clock.  If the game goes according to script he will probably get a bunch of check-down receptions.

It's early. And Robinson has been good so far.
Yeah, I know...just having fun with updating a derailed thread (derailed by me).

Game: Looking like just a matter of time before the inexorable wearing down of JAX by PITT. Johnson is open all day every day and they can't really contain Claypool.

Luton fires it downfield for what would have been a twenty-five yard gain and it clangs off of Conley's hands.

Terrible.

Washington seems to make an impressive catch every week
Yeah, it's crazy that he's their fourth.

eta* Either Smith-Schuster or he have to leave, really. Kind of a shame. Usually injuries take care of stuff like that, but these guys are too good to be standing on the sidelines. Great drafting by Pittsburgh.

####

I can handle 1-15 but nit the good draft picks getting housed.

@APMarkLong: Jaguars trainers looking at DE Josh Allen's left knee

Users who are viewing this thread