What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player(s) that ruined your season (Dynasty Version) (1 Viewer)

spacepimp

Footballguy
Can be due to injury, regression or shoddy play.   

Nominees to start:

Lamar Jackson — Productivity has fallen off a cliff

CMC — irreplaceable and holds distinction of killing season twice in 1 year

In dynasty... 

Lamar has killed me. 

Ekeler too. 

And Golladay. 

Cooper and Zeke haven't been much help either. 

Godwin and Elliott and Mostert, two to injury, one to ineffectiveness, though my team was dead before it got running.

How about the plus side? James Robinson

Too many injuries to count for many teams, so underperformance seems to be a better measuring stick this year.

I expect to see a lot of Lamar mentions here. I think we all knew that last year could not be replicated, but this dropoff has to surprise even the most ardent experts. I think one lesson is to beware of QBs that get a lot of production from running - I'm looking at you in 2021, Kyler Murray.  

Can probably say Burrow now. Don’t have a lot of confidence he’ll be back by week 1 next year or even if he’ll be the same guy. May not choose to run as much and that’s an important part of his game.

Too many injuries to count for many teams, so underperformance seems to be a better measuring stick this year.

I expect to see a lot of Lamar mentions here. I think we all knew that last year could not be replicated, but this dropoff has to surprise even the most ardent experts. I think one lesson is to beware of QBs that get a lot of production from running - I'm looking at you in 2021, Kyler Murray.  
Kyler has way better arm talent than Lamar. He could still regress but they are only similar in the fact they both run. They are very different otherwise. 

Kyler has way better arm talent than Lamar. He could still regress but they are only similar in the fact they both run. They are very different otherwise. 
I can agree with that. Kyler can pare back his rushing attempts, which I imagine he will over time, but his passing volume and ability will keep him in contention among the best of his peers. 

Redraft I have a list if you’ve got the time. Miles Sanders, Mostert, Parker, Elliott, Ridley, Crowder, Fant/Engram, several IDP options. Injury, wild inconsistency combined with my brutal schedule sent me from 5-0 to 5-5, and without an historic effort by Succup tonight, 5-6. In my decades of FF I can’t remember a season where I lost even 4 straight, so I guess I should be thankful for the other years where this didn’t happen. Still a shot at the playoffs with the upcoming 3 games against my division, but it just got much harder.

Dynasty, I can’t complain. Only one bad beat when I was 2nd highest scorer in a week I lost by 4 points with 3 on the BYE, but at 7-4 I’ll be in a 3-way tie for 1st place, likely playoff bound. (Knock on wood, I’ve had good luck with injuries outside of Carson, and getting him back only helps the stretch run) 

it’s been a tough tough year in IDP though. :(  

Last edited by a moderator:
My entire RB position. I had the deepest group in the league and it got entirely wiped out by injury. I came into the year with Saquon, Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, Penny (already hurt, but still), grabbed Gaskin in week 1 waivers, traded for DFreeman to cover injuries (he got hurt the next game). Despite all that I was starting Tyler Ervin and Jordan Howard together a couple of weeks ago.

Now I have Chubb back and traded for Gio, but it's probably too little too late. 

12 team PPR Dynasty, 25 man rosters.  At the start of the year I was the somewhat heavy favorite to make a title run after coming up 4 points short in last year's championship.  Every single starter missed extended time or is out for the season.  Only one of them never got an IR designation.  Oh what could have been...

Dak
CMC/Chubb
MT/Sutton/Godwin
Goedert

I play in a 4-8 player keeper league, which isn't a dynasty league, but kind of plays like one, since most keep 7-8 guys.

My 8 keepers were

QB - Prescott, Stafford, Lock (we have 2 superflexes so QBs are worth a lot)

RB - CMC, Cook

WR - Julio, Godwin, Sutton

I was all in on this season, but as you can see, injuries killed my season here.  Every player on this list except Stafford have missed at least 1 game this year, with Dak and Sutton out for the year, and CMC has missed most of this year.  And Stafford hasn't had a good year, a lot to do with Golladay missing a big chunk of this year.  Too bad, since this is a salary cap keeper league and I will have to throw back Julio and probably CMC, as they are too expensive to keep for 2021.

I am currently 5-6 and do have a shot at the playoffs, but I am pretty much a wounded duck.

Nominees to start:

Having CMC, LJax, MT and Godwin sunk my team to 8-3.

What's ruined my season is that I can't get anyone in my dynasty league to pay within 85% of what Saquon should be worth.  Instead, I've got offers from people asking me to add to my side to get Henry or somesuch. 

I would have thought that the bottom feeder teams would be all over the opportunity to get Saquon at a reasonable price, but so far he's being treated like chopped liver.

Chark has been basically garbage this year. So bad in fact he doesn't seem to even have his own thread in this forum anymore. 

Having CMC, LJax, MT and Godwin sunk my team to 8-3.
Yep. My CMC, Lamar, and Golladay team is 8-3. My CMC, Chubb, and Golladay team is 10-1. And my Julio + Michael Thomas team is 5-6. It isn't because of them, it's because of what I had behind them. Stars matter, but this is why I prioritize depth. My team without it lost and the teams with it have byes.

Nominees to start:

Basically the two guys that won leagues last year. You can add Michael Thomas to make it a trio. 

Well I did a new startup auction this year and blew 75% of my budget on Barkley/CMC/Kittle so yea, that league isn't going great. 

Went into the year feeling so good and haven't been able to field a healthy team once.

Mixon, Godwin, deebo, shenault all out 3+ games.

McKinnon's mysterious "tired legs" game after bidding big to pick him up.

Engram has been ineffective despite tons of opportunity.

Jalen Hurd and Kelvin Harmon wasting away on the ir and my ts.

Russell Wilson going through a two game 7 turnover patch after cooking to start the season.

In redraft I blew my auction wad on dak, Barkley, ekler, and juju

A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to take over a dynasty team, so I told him to send me the team to look at:
QB - Brees/Winston & Darnold/Flacco
RB - Bell, Bernard, Edwards, Gordon, Gurley, Ingram, Lindsay, Peterson
WR - Arcega-Whiteside, Brown (Antonio), Edelman, Fitzgerald, Hilton, Watkins, Williams (Mike), Williams (Preston)
TE - Burton, Cook, Jarwin

We ain't friends anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread