What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Game Thread***Tampa Bay vs. LA Rams +4.5 (48 O/U) (1 Viewer)

If you put the ball in Fournette's gut he'll usually catch it. It's the balls he has to reach for/fastballs off target he's not going to pull in. That being said this is the first game I remember where he's dropped a few balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rams didn’t even recover that in bounds 😂 (in reference to the official who originally called that punt rams ball)

No, and I've gotten to watch many Tampa guys this year. No he hasn't. He had another drop tonight at the beginning of the game.
Yes, RoJo has not been great catching passes. And when he's dropped one, he is benched for pretty much the rest of the game and it's a pure time share until he busts out a 100 yard game again.

When Fournette drops easy passes -- three times in one game -- he's still being trotted out there.

Makes zero sense outside of Arians hating Rojo's guts.

Yes, RoJo has not been great catching passes. And when he's dropped one, he is benched for pretty much the rest of the game and it's a pure time share until he busts out a 100 yard game again.

When Fournette drops easy passes -- three times in one game -- he's still being trotted out there.

Makes zero sense outside of Arians hating Rojo's guts.
Keep in mind Jones isn't good at pass pro and one of those drops Fournette came in as the 3rd down back; it's not like the Bucs have a better pass protecting back active. That's the main reason Vaughn is a weekly inactive.

EDIT: I mean I'd think Vaughn is the guy you want as the pass catching back.

Keep in mind Jones isn't good at pass pro and one of those drops he came in as the 3rd down back; it's not like you have a better pass protecting back active. That's the main reason Vaughn is a weekly inactive.
I'll keep that in mind, but we're not just seeing Fournette take 3rd down duties after dropping super-soft catchable balls -- not things he has to unduly reach for or outside of his catch radius -- passes that are simply bouncing off of his hands.

Keep in mind Jones isn't good at pass pro and one of those drops Fournette came in as the 3rd down back; it's not like the Bucs have a better pass protecting back active. That's the main reason Vaughn is a weekly inactive.

EDIT: I mean I'd think Vaughn is the guy you want as the pass catching back.
Wasn’t this brought up early in the year when Fournette came in and we collectively learned that Fournette was bottom 10 in the NFL at pass protection? 

so....there’s that. 

I'll keep that in mind, but we're not just seeing Fournette take 3rd down duties after dropping super-soft catchable balls -- not things he has to unduly reach for or outside of his catch radius -- passes that are simply bouncing off of his hands.
This is Game 12. It's one game.

Wasn’t this brought up early in the year when Fournette came in and we collectively learned that Fournette was bottom 10 in the NFL at pass protection? 

so....there’s that. 
He's looked decent this year. With Tom Brady if Fournette was bad at it he wouldn't be playing, PERIOD.

These inexplicable shots to a completely covered AB reeks of a coach desperate to prove how smart he was for bringing him in.  

Damn, the rhythm of those canons had me ready to mess around and bust a move, you can make of that what you wish

2:51 left...second and long, Bucs with 2 TOs....and Tom Brady

Brian Griese says Rams have the opportunity to milk the clock for a game winning FG

Huh?

Users who are viewing this thread