Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in?


bostonfred

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Rowing more than running after a stretch of doing the opposite.  I have been focusing on driving with my legs before beginning to pull, keeping a straight back, and doing scapular retraction (bringing my shoulders back so the blades come together) at the end of my pull.  It's definitely more work for my back and shoulders this way but I'm going to bed early as a result. 

87 days to Easter. Zero days over calories, zero alcohol. 

Edited by bostonfred
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Actual Calories

Dec 31        152.9        (new base wt)          1635

Jan 1           153.1                +0.2                   1820

Jan 2           153.3                +0.4                   2350 

Jan 3           153.0                +0.1                   1950

Jan 4           152.8                -0.1                    1550

Jan 5           153.0                +0.1                   1550

Jan 6           152.0                -0.9                    1525

Jan 7           151.2                -1.7                    1650

 

One pattern I've started to notice is that I eat a lot healthier during the week than on the weekend.   Gotta figure that out --- or just accept the reality and build it into my plan.   And the reality is that my kids love to order burgers/malts on Saturday night, and we always do pizza night on Sunday.   

No reason you can't eat perfect before and though, right? If you know night time won't be pretty then over compensate before and after. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

No reason you can't eat perfect before and though, right? If you know night time won't be pretty then over compensate before and after. 

Yep.   That’s what I do.  It still ends with me eating too many calories.  Gotta have a better plan this weekend.  Pretty sure it involves the Mrs and i sharing meals, which lets me still eat some crappy food but only a 1/2 portion.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Actual Calories

Dec 31        152.9        (new base wt)          1635

Jan 1           153.1                +0.2                   1820

Jan 2           153.3                +0.4                   2350 

Jan 3           153.0                +0.1                   1950

Jan 4           152.8                -0.1                    1550

Jan 5           153.0                +0.1                   1550

Jan 6           152.0                -0.9                    1525

Jan 7           151.2                -1.7                    1650

 

One pattern I've started to notice is that I eat a lot healthier during the week than on the weekend.   Gotta figure that out --- or just accept the reality and build it into my plan.   And the reality is that my kids love to order burgers/malts on Saturday night, and we always do pizza night on 

Try skipping all food till noon on weekends.  Just force a change.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok, i’m in. started today after getting back from my vacation to the coast.

Tipped the scales at a massive 249.5- i had just gotten down to like 235 before Christmas. i guess, go big or go home. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doing a 3-day water fast, followed by a 3-week juice cleanse, followed by a vegan diet, trying to stay around 80% raw. Not going for a particular weight loss goal, just want to change my lifestyle, and vegan seems like the healthiest diet for long-term health and longevity, imho.

Also starting the lowest level of Convict Conditioning tomorrow and the Couch to 5k app on Monday. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Corporation said:

Awesome progress!  Keep it up!  I'm hoping to be sub 200 as well but am 10 pounds behind you.  Ultimately would like to get to 190 but not sure that is in the cards.

Watching your progress is both jaw dropping and inspiring, good luck on 190 Corp!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Well done!!   And congrats on your TD the other week!   Would be interested to hear how the Achilles rehab went.  ;)

Hey now I scored TDs in two consecutive weeks. They were resting me up last week, just wait for the show I'm about to put on in the playoffs :)

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

One pattern I've started to notice is that I eat a lot healthier during the week than on the weekend.   Gotta figure that out --- or just accept the reality and build it into my plan.   And the reality is that my kids love to order burgers/malts on Saturday night, and we always do pizza night on Sunday. 

My wife cooks all week, likes take out/fast food on Saturday and I usually cook Sundays. I've learned not to eat what the wife and kids eat on Saturday I usually hit the leftovers. Build it in the plan if it stays your routine.

Edited by Dezbelief
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

One pattern I've started to notice is that I eat a lot healthier during the week than on the weekend.   Gotta figure that out --- or just accept the reality and build it into my plan.   And the reality is that my kids love to order burgers/malts on Saturday night, and we always do pizza night on Sunday.   

You are not the only one.  I have the same issues on the weekend.  We tend to eat out more and just have less time to plan meals.  Add in football snacking and beer and everything goes off the rails

This seems like a common issue in this thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Week 1 weigh in:

Jan 1 - 244.2

Jan 8 - 239.2

Below calories every day and above exercise goals 6 out of 7. 

The cravings for sweets are beginning to subside.  I find that cutting out the sugar entirely is much easier than trying to limit it.  Once I have 1 or 2 bites of chocolate I just want more.  Eating fruit quenches the sugar craving for me.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Flying Turtle said:

The cravings for sweets are beginning to subside.  I find that cutting out the sugar entirely is much easier than trying to limit it.  Once I have 1 or 2 bites of chocolate I just want more.  Eating fruit quenches the sugar craving for me.

It's funny that you typed this.  I just said to Mrs APK yesterday "wow, this apple tastes really sweet."   Mrs APK:  "that's just how apples taste."   Me:  😵

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

It's funny that you typed this.  I just said to Mrs APK yesterday "wow, this apple tastes really sweet."   Mrs APK:  "that's just how apples taste."   Me:  😵

I used to make fun of my wife for being an "apple snob", but now I get it.  Pink Ladies and Honeycrisp are the way to go!  Red delicious are the Detroit Lions of apples.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ProstheticRGK said:

ok, i’m in. started today after getting back from my vacation to the coast.

Tipped the scales at a massive 249.5- i had just gotten down to like 235 before Christmas. i guess, go big or go home. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doing a 3-day water fast, followed by a 3-week juice cleanse, followed by a vegan diet, trying to stay around 80% raw. Not going for a particular weight loss goal, just want to change my lifestyle, and vegan seems like the healthiest diet for long-term health and longevity, imho.

Also starting the lowest level of Convict Conditioning tomorrow and the Couch to 5k app on Monday. 

 

Wow thats a lot of things with names. Do you find that you need the structure?  Have you tried just CICO?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1/1: 213.8
1/2: 214.0
1/3: 213.2
1/4: 213.4
1/5: 212.4
1/6: 212.0
1/7: 211.4
1/8: 211.4

We had Paco's Tacos for dinner last night and overindulged just a little but been a good start both with eating better and regular exercise. I've committed to running about 25 to 30 miles a week, doing 100 push ups and 100 sit ups per day. Tracking those things closely, but also doing some other stuff - a little weights, some air squats, plank, etc. This month is about making sure the running habit is locked in and developing better core strength - along with a much healthier diet than over the holidays. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jan 1           274.4                  0                       Too many

Jan 2           xxx.x                    0                      Jog/walk 30 min

Jan 3           xxx.x                    0                      

Jan 4           272.2                -2.2                    1414 cal  Jog/walk 30 min, lift

Jan 5           267.6                -6.8                    922 cal  Jog 20 min, bike 10 min, lift, stretch

Jan 6           267.4                -7.0                    875 cal  Jog 20 min, bike 20 min, stretc

Jan 7           264.4                -10.0                  1359 cal  Jog 20 min, lift

Jan 8           264.6                -9.8

 

Plan is to bump the calories from 1400 to 2200 once I hit 259.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Jan 1           274.4                  0                       Too many

Jan 2           xxx.x                    0                      Jog/walk 30 min

Jan 3           xxx.x                    0                      

Jan 4           272.2                -2.2                    1414 cal  Jog/walk 30 min, lift

Jan 5           267.6                -6.8                    922 cal  Jog 20 min, bike 10 min, lift, stretch

Jan 6           267.4                -7.0                    875 cal  Jog 20 min, bike 20 min, stretc

Jan 7           264.4                -10.0                  1359 cal  Jog 20 min, lift

Jan 8           264.6                -9.8

 

Plan is to bump the calories from 1400 to 2200 once I hit 259.

Are those calories eaten or net after exercise?  If you're eating 900 and burning 500 that seems really dangerous 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bostonfred said:

Are those calories eaten or net after exercise?  If you're eating 900 and burning 500 that seems really dangerous 

Yeah and his plan cost me money last time! 

(BassNBrew doesn't mess around)

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it's Friday and I've stuck with it. Have a plan for today (breakfast and lunch planned already that are healthy - going to allow myself to eat a cauliflower pizza tonight for a treat). May even be able to get out of work at a reasonable hour and hit the gym. House is devoid of my favorite snacky foods so may even be able to have a glass of wine or moderately enjoy the passing of Prop 207 without the risk of lowered will-power. 

 

Stepped on the scale this morning and somehow put back on a pound and a half. I was good yesterday (barely eclipsed my caloric goal) so not sure what happened there but just going to ignore. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Are those calories eaten or net after exercise?  If you're eating 900 and burning 500 that seems really dangerous 

Eaten.

I have a pretty good idea based on history my base burn rate is 1800 cal.  Setting a goal of 1400 cal without exercise won't even get me to a pound a week loss.  Exercise will be the difference maker.  My exercise intensity is low enough that I'm mainly using fat as fuel. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BassNBrew said:

Eaten.

I have a pretty good idea based on history my base burn rate is 1800 cal.  Setting a goal of 1400 cal without exercise won't even get me to a pound a week loss.  Exercise will be the difference maker.  My exercise intensity is low enough that I'm mainly using fat as fuel. 

Ok good that makes more sense.  Your TDEE is probably higher than 1800 and your exercise calories are probably a bit higher too if your weight is up, so those 900 calorie days still seem borderline to me but if you're not doing that every day it's probably moot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

Are those calories eaten or net after exercise?  If you're eating 900 and burning 500 that seems really dangerous 

This dude is an expert.  But yes, be careful Bass.  I'm not joining you in the crazy this time.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Random thought:

Do we do our kids a disservice by making them eat everything on their plate?

I'm all in favor of making them eat some veggies but I think most of us grew up in an era where we were taught to eat it all.  That mindset is so ingrained in me - I still HATE to leave even one bit of a meal uneaten*.  And it's dumb.

*talking on my plate - not leftovers

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Random thought:

Do we do our kids a disservice by making them eat everything on their plate?

I'm all in favor of making them eat some veggies but I think most of us grew up in an era where we were taught to eat it all.  That mindset is so ingrained in me - I still HATE to leave even one bit of a meal uneaten*.  And it's dumb.

*talking on my plate - not leftovers

It is dumb.  But it’s even dumber to pair that with giving kids too big of portions on their plate in the first place.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Random thought:

Do we do our kids a disservice by making them eat everything on their plate?

I'm all in favor of making them eat some veggies but I think most of us grew up in an era where we were taught to eat it all.  That mindset is so ingrained in me - I still HATE to leave even one bit of a meal uneaten*.  And it's dumb.

*talking on my plate - not leftovers

It's better to understand what an adequate portion size first, and not exceed that.  The issue with forcing the finishing of food is that it can serve to defeat hunger cues later in life (Note, this is controversial and not proven out but makes some sense).

Always focus on providing kids fiber containing carbs/veg and complete proteins at meals under the assumption they get enough sugar elsewhere in abundance.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Eaten.

I have a pretty good idea based on history my base burn rate is 1800 cal.  Setting a goal of 1400 cal without exercise won't even get me to a pound a week loss.  Exercise will be the difference maker.  My exercise intensity is low enough that I'm mainly using fat as fuel. 

This is controversial.  Plenty of research that would indicate that body will preferentially go after muscle in a starvation situation first, as it's cost inefficient to convert fat to amino.   

If doing a very low calorie diet, the research does seem to support what are Protein Sparing Modified Fasts (PSMF), but even that is not without extreme detractors.  The concept being that if you give your body 1200 cals of which 60% are protein then it will not attack muscle for fuel (ideally, again controversial).  PSMF is also generally ketogenic, but that is not a requirement, you can get away with 100g carbs in a PSMF diet, easily.  

This is to say in general, if I was to select a very low calorie diet PSMF would be my choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Random thought:

Do we do our kids a disservice by making them eat everything on their plate?

I'm all in favor of making them eat some veggies but I think most of us grew up in an era where we were taught to eat it all.  That mindset is so ingrained in me - I still HATE to leave even one bit of a meal uneaten*.  And it's dumb.

*talking on my plate - not leftovers

The concept of trying different things isn't a bad thing but, yeah the "have to be part of the clean plate club" attitude is a bit of a disservice. I feel compelled to clean a plate even if I'm full so that is why one of my big keys in trying to be healthier is to just be careful about what/how much I put on my plate in the first place. The one area I really struggle with this is when going out to eat. Food/drink are the lowest expense in running a restaurant so most of them give you far more food than you want/need. I have a hard time not eating it all out of some kind of compulsion that runs deep!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eating everything on the plate "should be" about not wasting food and some about eating things you may not like but are good for you or something like that. But that isn't really the reality that is driven home with forcing a clean plate, especially without considering portion size and the like. 

Edited by The Iguana
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nov 30: 234.4

------

Jan 1: 224.0

Jan 4: 221.6

Jan 8: 219.8

This is a big milestone for me, hit my first goal. Next goal is to get to 214 which means I will officially fall under the OBESE BMI level. I do know that I will bounce back over 220 tomorrow - didn't have a great eating day yesterday. Unlike Corporation, I tend to bounce a few pounds each day, but have been trending down, which is all I care about.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, culdeus said:

This is controversial.  Plenty of research that would indicate that body will preferentially go after muscle in a starvation situation first, as it's cost inefficient to convert fat to amino.   

If doing a very low calorie diet, the research does seem to support what are Protein Sparing Modified Fasts (PSMF), but even that is not without extreme detractors.  The concept being that if you give your body 1200 cals of which 60% are protein then it will not attack muscle for fuel (ideally, again controversial).  PSMF is also generally ketogenic, but that is not a requirement, you can get away with 100g carbs in a PSMF diet, easily.  

This is to say in general, if I was to select a very low calorie diet PSMF would be my choice.

Keeping bringing it...I love reading your posts and thoughts.  The days my calories slip low it's because I'm being lazy about preparing/bringing protein.  I think I found my secret sauce again early last year when I was making huge gains in the weight room and increased my bench press by about 100 pounds in 8 weeks.  Obviously some of that is start up gain, but I had struggled for years getting great results despite doing a similar lifting routine to what I did in my 20s.  I'd hit plateaus I couldn't break through and was attributing it to not doing enough work.  Last year I went back to 25-30 grams of protein 5 times a day spread 3 hours apart with one protein shake including beet powder and creatine.  In the younger days when I benching 425 at 195 lbs, I was super diligent about protein.  Last year I wasn't doing much cardio when lifting so I really don't know what the impact will be doing both and trying to fuel appropriately while losing weight.  Covid cut off my gym access and I just recently started back.  Event cancellations killed my will to run.  Kind of rolling the dice there but being overweight is more of a risk than Covid IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted to kickstart my weight loss my first week with as few calories as possible. I only ate a very healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day this week with no snacking. It works out to about 1000 calories a day. I haven't been starving because I am supplementing with plenty of water and black coffee so I am happy. However, I know that eating that few calories is not healthy long term. So next week I want to start adding healthy snacks. I want to end in the 1500 calorie/day range.

What healthy snacks are you guys eating?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clown Car said:

I have completed my first week of no sweet tea. Water only. Got back to yoga class. I’m annoyed at all you guys losing between 3-10 pounds in the first week. 
Jan 1 208

Jan 8 206

Shedding glycogen will do that.  You can easily carry 8 pounds of glycogen, which is exceptionally hydroscopic.  If you deny it a renewal source you just pee it out.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Shedding glycogen will do that.  You can easily carry 8 pounds of glycogen, which is exceptionally hydroscopic.  If you deny it a renewal source you just pee it out.  

I don’t even know what that is. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Clown Car said:
42 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Shedding glycogen will do that.  You can easily carry 8 pounds of glycogen, which is exceptionally hydroscopic.  If you deny it a renewal source you just pee it out.  

I don’t even know what that is. 

I'll do my best culdeus to English translation. I'll let him or somebody else correct me, but I think it means something like:

If you get rid of glucose (eg carbs, sugar) in your system, you can lose a lot of weight fast. Your body can have lots of glucose in it, which causes your body to hold lots of extra water. If you burn glucose and don't refill it (by cutting out certain foods), the water doesn't have glucose to stick to and so you pee out that water (hence losing water weight fast). 

Hopefully that's close-ish. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Clown Car said:

I have completed my first week of no sweet tea. Water only. Got back to yoga class. I’m annoyed at all you guys losing between 3-10 pounds in the first week. 
Jan 1 208

Jan 8 206

Keep it up!  Doing great!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BassNBrew said:
4 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Are those calories eaten or net after exercise?  If you're eating 900 and burning 500 that seems really dangerous 

Eaten.

I have a pretty good idea based on history my base burn rate is 1800 cal.  Setting a goal of 1400 cal without exercise won't even get me to a pound a week loss.  Exercise will be the difference maker.  My exercise intensity is low enough that I'm mainly using fat as fuel. 

I know you've done this successfully in the past.  I've cut my calories for awhile now, and if I exercise too hard I get light headed.  As BF always says "I'm not a doctor" but just be careful with the extremely low calories.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                 Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY
  • Dec 26         213.1                -                         1420
  • Dec 27         212.7                -0.4                    1510
  • Dec 28         212.9                -0.2                    2070
  • Dec 29         212.3                -0.8                    1470
  • Dec 30         212.9                -0.2                    1420
  • Dec 31         211.6                -1.5                    4010
  • Jan 1           211.2                -1.9                    1510
  • Jan 2           213.4                +0.3                   1240
  • Jan 3           210.9                -2.2                    1600
  • Jan 4           209.8                -3.3                    1490
  • Jan 5           209.6                -3.5                    1820
  • Jan 6           210.2                -2.9                    1620
  • Jan 7           210.3                -2.8                    1540
  • Jan 8           210.3                -2.8

Another flat day. I think this new chicken place I've been going to (SuperChix) must have larger portions and I'm not accounting for calories properly (they don't offer nutritional guides).  It is really good though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jobarules said:

I wanted to kickstart my weight loss my first week with as few calories as possible. I only ate a very healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day this week with no snacking. It works out to about 1000 calories a day. I haven't been starving because I am supplementing with plenty of water and black coffee so I am happy. However, I know that eating that few calories is not healthy long term. So next week I want to start adding healthy snacks. I want to end in the 1500 calorie/day range.

What healthy snacks are you guys eating?

skyr 130 calories 15g protein 0g fat relatively low sugar

raspberries one serving is about 45 calories, 10g fiber

Broccoli 4 cups (one steamable bag of florets) is 100 calories, can make a huge bowl. I sometimes use sweet chili, sesame shoyu, general tso or kikkoman sweet soy sauce for rice or some grated cheese. 

Broccoli/cauliflower/carrots - same thing, same size bag is about 105 calories and more nutrients. 

Leftover pizza - run a pizza wheel through a slice and cut it into many smaller slices- like 8 slices that are half inch thick. Run the wheel across it to cut those into one quarter their length or so. You end up with a bowl full of pieces you can pick at like popcorn for the cost of one slice of pizza and it shows you down while eating which keeps you from eating that third slice.

Boom chicka pop popcorn- good fiber, quality microwave popcorn, tastes good and almost no unpopped kernels 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Random thought:

Do we do our kids a disservice by making them eat everything on their plate?

I'm all in favor of making them eat some veggies but I think most of us grew up in an era where we were taught to eat it all.  That mindset is so ingrained in me - I still HATE to leave even one bit of a meal uneaten*.  And it's dumb.

*talking on my plate - not leftovers

Yes/no if your dinner is some chicken and green beans then "making them finish" I think is fine.   But of you are doing some chicken fries rolls veggies I agree.   I actually thought about this before and I never made my daughter finish her meal. However, she also knew that means she is full and therefore could not have a snack or anything right after dinner.   I have also said she doesn't have to finish and saved her plate and if she said she was hungry I would reheat her plate.

Now I didn't always do this but you see where I'm going. Now she is a teenager and I have the reverse problem.  She will say she is not hungry and my wife is she needs to eat dinner!!!! I'm like she just ate 2 hours ago.   My wife has no concept of skipping a meal or not being hungry.

And just recently if I feel full I won't finish my dinner 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Random thought:

Do we do our kids a disservice by making them eat everything on their plate?

I'm all in favor of making them eat some veggies but I think most of us grew up in an era where we were taught to eat it all.  That mindset is so ingrained in me - I still HATE to leave even one bit of a meal uneaten*.  And it's dumb.

*talking on my plate - not leftovers

When our kids try this I'll eye up their plate and make sure the meat and veggies are gone. If they are then they are free to go. If they are not then they have an option - finish them or they're done eating for the night.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jobarules said:

I wanted to kickstart my weight loss my first week with as few calories as possible. I only ate a very healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day this week with no snacking. It works out to about 1000 calories a day. I haven't been starving because I am supplementing with plenty of water and black coffee so I am happy. However, I know that eating that few calories is not healthy long term. So next week I want to start adding healthy snacks. I want to end in the 1500 calorie/day range.

What healthy snacks are you guys eating?

Cottage cheese or greek yogurt w/berries

Raw avocado

Sliced peppers (green/red/yellow/range) w/olive tapenade hummus

Lentils & beans

Hard boiled egg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Wow thats a lot of things with names. Do you find that you need the structure?  Have you tried just CICO?

I don't do real well with moderation, apparently.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another good soda alternative that has helped me is Kombucha.  So many great flavors and satisfies that craving for me.  It can get to be an expensive daily habit but I never regret drinking it.  Normally a 16 oz bottle has 50 calories and 12 grams of sugar.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ProstheticRGK said:

I don't do real well with moderation, apparently.

Me neither.  That’s the beauty of using an app to track calories and having a goal.   The app won’t lie to me — reality is on the screen in front of me.

Otherwise I will justify eating an entire tub of ice cream and chase it down with a half bag of doritos.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far so good.  Trying to be consistent every day.  Moving every day one way or another.  3 long walks with the dog, walking while golfing, Peleton.  Being very disciplined with food intake.  Cut way back on salt (blood pressure + water retention) and eating clean.  No red meat.  Nothing processed.  No added sugar.  No bread or grain carbs.  No red wine at all.  No drinking on weekdays.  Had 2 vodka sodas tonight and that's it.  214 to 206.  Will get into the 190's and then see where I'm at.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • bostonfred changed the title to Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...