What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (5 Viewers)

There's actually a pretty funny meme out there that I won't link to where some woman took a picture of the scale to show people how well she was doing.  She had a glass scale which reflected her cooch out to the world   :lmao:

To finally answer @urbanhack's question - it obviously doesn't matter, just do it the same way each time.  Personally I do it in underwear and t-shirt most days.  Trend is more important than the actual number for me so if I have 1-2 pounds of clothes on I don't care.

To finally answer @urbanhack's question - it obviously doesn't matter, just do it the same way each time.  Personally I do it in underwear and t-shirt most days.  Trend is more important than the actual number for me so if I have 1-2 pounds of clothes on I don't care.
Same but underwear only.  Also always first thing in the morning, because I read somewhere that's your lowest weight of the day.  I do make sure to piss and #### first, so I get the lowest possible number.  

Nov 30: 234.4

------

Jan 1: 224.0

Jan 4: 221.6

Jan 8: 219.8

Jan 11: 219.0

Jan 15: 218.2

Jan 19: 220.4

Jan 22: 218.0

Jan 25: 218.4

Still haven't walked for past 4 days, pizza and beer this weekend. Hit a low of 216.4 and a high of 220.4 in the past three days. Also going in for a covid test this afternoon. Fun.

Jumping into the game here.  I was on a really good track about a year ago. I had dropped from 205 almost down to 195 and then covid hit. Was going to gym and hot yoga. I managed the year overall pretty good, but definitely side-tracked during the holidays and then when I was quarantined with covid.  I'm back to 205 and I have a goal to get to 190 by the end June.  

My primary eating and dietary plan is as follows and that has worked for me in the past.

AM:

• Partial fasting
  • coffee
  • Smoothie between 10am and noon (banana, blueberries, almond milk, peanut butter, hemp protein, green powder, chia seeds and flax seed powder)
PM:

• lite healthy snack
  • Early dinner with clean protein and veggies
  • late lite snack

Exercise:

• hiking
  • biking
  • disc golf twice a week (3 to 5 mile hike with 15 lb backpack)

One can each of black beans and corn. Two avocados. 2 8 oz chicken breasts. One pint cherry tomatoes. Juice from one lime. Only thing you cook is the chicken.

Rinse cherry tomatoes and cut in half. Toss with corn and black beans (drained). Cut avocados in half, remove pit and dice inside the skin before squeezing the cubes onto a plate. Cut chicken breast and dump the corn, beans and tomatoes on top, garnish with avocado and lime juice. 

Serves 4. 440 calories, 35g protein, 14g fiber. 542mg sodium, and lots of healthy fat from the avocado but very little fat otherwise. 

Holy crap this tastes amazing. 

I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I know I was eating a lot of processed foods and was including white rice in many meals. I am 5-7 and weighted in at 191 on January 12th. I knew I was heavier, but didn't realize I was that high. Over the last year, with being at home more due to Covid-19, I definitely became in-active.

Anyways, this was more than a wake up call.

I used to lift weights, and am back at. Starting from scratch and rebuilding myself with workouts for shoulders, triceps, biceps and chest. I also am doing daily walks (a few short walks a day currently will shed about 150 calories a day).

I was going to do sit-ups and had started doing 4 sets of 10 about 4 days a week, but am now reading that they don't provide much (or any value). Is this true?

Food habits have changed. Eating lots of vegetables, and fruits now and keeping an eye on portions. Doing Chicken breast, etc.

Always looking for more ideas.

Since January 12th, and I realize this is the easy part, I'm down to about 179.6 as of this message. My goal is to get to at least 165. Some of these sites suggest 155 for my size, but this will get difficult quicky.

Anyone else with diabetes and how you deal with this both mentally and physically?

Jan 1   274.4

Jan 18  260.0    - 14.4 lbs, 1385 cal, lift, 60 min cardio

Jan 19  258.2    - 16.2 lbs, 1196 cal, lift, 20 min cardio

Jan 20  260.2   -  14.2 lbs,  592 cal, lift, 25 min cardio 

Jan 21  260.2   -  14.2 lbs, 1495 cal, don't remember

Jan 22  260.4   -  14.0 lb,  1592 cal, off

Jan 23  -  didn't weigh, lifted, no cal count because my phone is a "6" and occasionally MFP ####s the bed and I have to uninstall and re-install.  

Jan 24  - see above sans lifting.

Jan 25  260.2   - 14.2 lbs, 

Unfortunately it looks like I may have to drop from 1400 cal / day to 1200 to meet my goals or really ramp up the cardio.  I'll give it one more week because the creatine loading may have offset my gains.  The good news is that the lifting is progressing extremely well.  225 went up easy today on the bench.  I'd really like to get back to 225 x 10 sets.  Also shaved my treadmill mile time to 9:22.  Really looking forward to seeing this number progress down.  Currently sitting at 634 cal and 84 g protein today and should end up under 1000.  Although I'm still big as a house, my energy levels feel great.

I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I know I was eating a lot of processed foods and was including white rice in many meals. I am 5-7 and weighted in at 191 on January 12th. I knew I was heavier, but didn't realize I was that high. Over the last year, with being at home more due to Covid-19, I definitely became in-active.

I used to lift weights, and am back at. Starting from scratch and rebuilding myself with workouts for shoulders, triceps, biceps and chest. I also am doing daily walks (a few short walks a day currently will shed about 150 calories a day).

I was going to do sit-ups and had started doing 4 sets of 10 about 4 days a week, but am now reading that they don't provide much (or any value). Is this true?

Food habits have changed. Eating lots of vegetables, and fruits now and keeping an eye on portions. Doing Chicken breast, etc.

Always looking for more ideas.

Since January 12th, and I realize this is the easy part, I'm down to about 179.6 as of this message. My goal is to get to at least 165. Some of these sites suggest 155 for my size, but this will get difficult quicky.

Anyone else with diabetes and how you deal with this both mentally and physically?
The most effective muscle groups to focus on when beginning strength work are back, ###, and thighs. Gotta build the foundation before your can decorate the house (bi's, tri's, shoulders, chest). Re sit ups, I would put core work a close 4 behind the 3 I mentioned, but sit ups are one of the less effective core exercises. If you're really starting from scratch then they may be necessary, but plan to progress beyond them.

Good luck and don't be a stranger around here!

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                  Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                  Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 23         206.1                -20.0                                          1520
  • Jan 24         204.8                -21.3                                          1700
  • Jan 25         203.7                -22.4                                          1210
Finally had decent poops 2 days in a row :)  

Good day so far. Ate clean. Long walk with the dog even though it’s freezing in So Cal.  Finished 45 min Peleton ride. Good sweat. Doubling down these next 2 weeks and powering through to the 190’s. At 204 now and what I’m realizing is that though I thought I could carry 210-215 on my frame at 6’1” I really should never be that high.  Still no wine and no more than 2-3 vodka drinks a week

Last edited by a moderator:
29 days no alcohol, no going over calories. 68 days until Easter. 

I tried renegade rows for the first time today. What the #### was i thinking. I'm new. I should be doing new people exercises, not some ridiculous roll a weight from hand to hand while you stay in a plank then switch back and forth thing. I think i started to read my own press clippings, like wow this stuff is easy i can totally do this, and then got smacked firmly in the ego like fyi you've literally never been in shape let's get there first then try the video made by a dude that calls himself Zeus. I'm going back to that nice Adriene lady and some regular biceps and back stuff like a mid 40s dad. 

One can each of black beans and corn. Two avocados. 2 8 oz chicken breasts. One pint cherry tomatoes. Juice from one lime. Only thing you cook is the chicken.

Rinse cherry tomatoes and cut in half. Toss with corn and black beans (drained). Cut avocados in half, remove pit and dice inside the skin before squeezing the cubes onto a plate. Cut chicken breast and dump the corn, beans and tomatoes on top, garnish with avocado and lime juice. 

Serves 4. 440 calories, 35g protein, 14g fiber. 542mg sodium, and lots of healthy fat from the avocado but very little fat otherwise. 

I enjoy cooking and I also enjoy your ideas for healthy meals.  I'll give this one a try.  Sounds yummy.

That sounds fantastic with some hot sauce and/or red pepper flake.

I've always watched what I ate.  Exercised, worked out,on top of it. Still couldn't drop any weight as getting old is the worst.

Back in July I started drinking coffee after most every meal.  I've also been skipping dinner on Monday's and Tuesday's.  I always have one cheat day, usually on Saturday, where I eat whatever sounds good. I've lost 2" off my waist and don't look or feel fat. It's kind of nice.

FWIW, Good luck all

That sounds fantastic with some hot sauce and/or red pepper flake.
A little heat might have helped and I do enjoy hot foods but the tomatoes and fresh squeezed lime juice are really strong, bright acidic flavors and the black beans corn chicken and avocado all are cooler but with their own unique flavors so I'm not sure i would add anything to it until you've tried it. Maybe some diced red onion or a splash of rice wine vinegar and EVOO.

If you're going to add heat maybe try a little onion and chili powder then pulsing this in the blender and using it for chicken tacos. That could be good too. 

Ok.   It’s time.  I can’t let all of you make progress while I’m headed in the wrong direction.  For the first time in many years, I didn’t gain weight over the Holidays.  Yeah for me!   Instead, I have been gaining weight since the Holidays.  Damn it!   Can’t believe how quickly that happened    You let your guard down for a few weeks and the weight just sneaks back on.   As a previous poster said, getting older sucks.  

I am going to continue with the cardio/weight trying workouts but turn them up a notch.   Putting back on some muscle is necessary for my vanity and to prevent injury, but burning calories must be the focus since I love to eat.  To control the food intake, I am back to using MFP.   MFP is a little annoying but it works.  

I weighed 201.4 yesterday and plan to weigh in every week.  Hope to lose a pound/week for a month and then 0.5 pounds/week for a month or two.   My goals are easy compared to the goals of many others.   Watching the great results being accomplished by many others is impressive and motivating.  

Also, I started running again in January. 2 miles was a nice slow slog a few short weeks ago. The other day I did 4 miles and was surprised by how light my legs felt. 4 miles in 41 minutes. I did another 4.5 yesterday and my pace was slower because my legs were tired, but still was under 11/min miles. 

And those times are running on snow covered paths, so the footing is terrible. I'm excited to see those times come down even more as the weather gets better, my steps are more confident, and of course I lose weight. My goal is to do a 10k in under 50 minutes this summer, which would be close to the time I did back in 2012.  

i finished yesterday out with another 80 minutes of walking and ate two turkey burgers for dinner so solid ending this morning i have had an apple and rode my exercise bike for 63 minutes so im off to a good start take that to the bank brohans 

all right and as promised i weighed myself last night before dinner i am in at 199.7 pounds and that made me use punctuation so you know this means business anyhow i am between 6 2 and 6 3 so that puts me right at the bmi index ok versus overweight border so now its go time i am going to lose 3 to 5 lbs in the next 6 days this is not im going to try my hardest and then crap out or gee whiz here comes a lie i am telling you this is happening so just sit back put on brandy by looking glass eat a rice cake and watch the numbers come off swc style take that to the bank bromigos 

I’m down another 2 to 3 pounds to 201! I could be in the 100s by Valentine’s! My pants are too big but I don’t want to buy new ones just yet. Still off sweet tea and no candy after feb 17. Been mostly under the 1200 calories a day, but definitely under 1500 per day. 

Good work everyone! Keep going!

hey bromigos i have lost about 50 to 55 pounds now in the last year and i owe a lot of it to being scared as hell about my health but second to myfitnesspal and strava both are the first two things i open up every morning and start filling in my numbers and they keep me honest as hell basically weight loss is golf you can cheat but you only cheat yourself and making yourself honestly fill in what you ate and how you worked out really helps keep you on the path of the brohan if you know what im saying also it feels good to see the numbers pile up for your workouts and realize how active you have been and how its helping you basically connect the work with the good results of pants getting too big and your lady saying va va voom and all that good stuff so hey my advise is get those apps or something similar and get to it take that to the bank bromigos 

So back in December, I got invited to go on a 5 day hiking trip in Colorado in July. This is something I always wanted to do, but never made it happen. I said yes, knowing that I was giving myself proper motivation to lose weight and get in shape. I was very athletic in high school, less so in college, and graduated college at about 185 (i am 6 feet tall). In mid December, my weight hit an all time high of 270. I joined a weight loss program on 12/29 and weight 268.6 at that time. As of today, I am done 4 weeks and am at 246.4 (down 22.2 lbs). The goal is to lose 80 lbs in 20 weeks. I am fairly certain I can loss the weight but am not so certain I can keep it off, as I have lost 50 lbs several times before but always gained the weight back. I am hoping that following this thread and following what some of you guys are doing will help me do that. As for exercise, I was doing a lot of walking during the first 3 weeks. This past week, I re-joined my gym, and will be doing lots of work on the cardio machines to build up my endurance, get my legs in shape, and hopefully help me sweat off some pounds. Once I get down another 20 pounds, I will probably look to get a trainer to really help me do the right things for weight loss/prepare for my trip. Any comments or tips are welcome, and encouragement is much appreciated.

So back in December, I got invited to go on a 5 day hiking trip in Colorado in July. This is something I always wanted to do, but never made it happen. I said yes, knowing that I was giving myself proper motivation to lose weight and get in shape. I was very athletic in high school, less so in college, and graduated college at about 185 (i am 6 feet tall). In mid December, my weight hit an all time high of 270. I joined a weight loss program on 12/29 and weight 268.6 at that time. As of today, I am done 4 weeks and am at 246.4 (down 22.2 lbs). The goal is to lose 80 lbs in 20 weeks. I am fairly certain I can loss the weight but am not so certain I can keep it off, as I have lost 50 lbs several times before but always gained the weight back. I am hoping that following this thread and following what some of you guys are doing will help me do that. As for exercise, I was doing a lot of walking during the first 3 weeks. This past week, I re-joined my gym, and will be doing lots of work on the cardio machines to build up my endurance, get my legs in shape, and hopefully help me sweat off some pounds. Once I get down another 20 pounds, I will probably look to get a trainer to really help me do the right things for weight loss/prepare for my trip. Any comments or tips are welcome, and encouragement is much appreciated.
Good on ya for getting back to it.

When you lost the weight was it fad diets or lifestyle changes? 50 pounds is a lot to gain and lose several times. Do you completely go back to your old ways and overeat bad stuff? Meaning no long term lifestyle changes that become habits? 

Ok sounds nice

I used to lift weights, and am back at. Starting from scratch and rebuilding myself with workouts for shoulders, triceps, biceps and chest
Uh....

Good on ya for getting back to it.

When you lost the weight was it fad diets or lifestyle changes? 50 pounds is a lot to gain and lose several times. Do you completely go back to your old ways and overeat bad stuff? Meaning no long term lifestyle changes that become habits? 
Because I had been on the diets so long, I was just desperate to eat what I wanted when I got done the diet, and then just went right back to eating the way I was before. I think this diet will be a little bit different as I am finding some healthy stuff I really enjoy, which I really didn't do on my previous diets. I also realize that at age 56, if I don't take care of myself, my body will break down and I will either be unhealthy and miserable, or dead. 

Do you guys weigh yourself nude or clothed?
I usually get close to nude when i know i have lost some weight, and when i am not sure if i lost much i will wear some clothes. that way i have the built in excuse i case i see a number i don't like. 

But i am done weighing in daily, and a few times a day. It is fun weighing in when you are on a diet and eating less to see nice results. But man those numbers can go all over the place. I weighed myself earlier today and was 243.2. ate a fiber bar, and took my dogs my dogs for a walk. Weighed myself again after the walk and now i weigh 245.0.

So if walking my dogs causes me to gain 1.8 pounds, i am ready to throw the towel in with the scale

Because I had been on the diets so long, I was just desperate to eat what I wanted when I got done the diet, and then just went right back to eating the way I was before. I think this diet will be a little bit different as I am finding some healthy stuff I really enjoy, which I really didn't do on my previous diets. I also realize that at age 56, if I don't take care of myself, my body will break down and I will either be unhealthy and miserable, or dead. 
Maintenance mode is hard, but you can't lose weight and keep it off without having some kind of plan for maintenance that involves changing your habits in some way from what you were doing because the simple fact is you wouldn't have gotten fat if you didn't eat more than maintenance calories for your old weight.  But once you lose that weight you're even further behind because you're a little older and you weigh less than when you started.

There are three main ways to maintain your weight after losing a bunch.

You can eat like you used to, but burn more calories, increasing your calories out with a LOT more exercise. That works for some people- they start running and get really into it, or they start playing tennis like @Ministry of Pain, or they lift a bunch of weights and start burning more every day and do more activity like taking the stairs and getting 10k steps per day. That's difficult because your motivation varies and sometimes you don't want to run because your knee hurts or it's raining but you don't want to eat less.  

You can change your diet permanently, and just get used to eating less. Maybe with a little of the exercise above. The good news is you get more calories than while you were dieting, the bad news is you want to get back to the way you used to eat.  But maybe you keep the good habits you learned, like no drinking during the week or no soda or whatever was getting you before. 

Option three is the one I prefer which is lose some weight by eating 1k calories under maintenance daily, then when you go back, eat around maintenance calories each day but some days you go way over and then you go back on the diet tomorrow to make up for it. You weigh in daily or weekly and when you see your weight approaching the high end of what you are willing to go back to, you get back to the diet for a little while until you're back to a comfortable weight. 

You just did option three.  The problem is you set your upper limit way too high and didn't stop until you reached your December weight.  In fact you probably didn't intentionally set your upper limit there at all - it just so happens that that's when you said oh no.

Next time maybe set a formal number that you're not willing to go past.  Like ten pounds higher than your goal weight, instead of 50. Then if you go past it, make yourself burn all ten pounds before you go back to maintenance mode. That will train you not to go over as easily the next time, and you'll start to notice when you're up five pounds, because going up ten means a long diet ahead. Or whatever numbers you choose.  It doesn't have to be ten. 

hey bromigos i have lost about 50 to 55 pounds now in the last year and i owe a lot of it to being scared as hell about my health but second to myfitnesspal and strava both are the first two things i open up every morning and start filling in my numbers and they keep me honest as hell basically weight loss is golf you can cheat but you only cheat yourself and making yourself honestly fill in what you ate and how you worked out really helps keep you on the path of the brohan if you know what im saying also it feels good to see the numbers pile up for your workouts and realize how active you have been and how its helping you basically connect the work with the good results of pants getting too big and your lady saying va va voom and all that good stuff so hey my advise is get those apps or something similar and get to it take that to the bank bromigos 
Amazing work!

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                  Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                  Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 23         206.1                -20.0                                          1520
  • Jan 24         204.8                -21.3                                          1700
  • Jan 25         203.7                -22.4                                          1210
  • Jan 26         203.2                -22.9
Inching closer to the 1s!  Feel fine energy wise, although I still haven't ramped up my activity like I'm going to need to if I want to approach 190 flat.

30 days no alcohol, no going over calories. 67 days until Easter. 

Made some simple sweet and sour chicken - boneless skinless chicken breast with sweet and sour sauce, diced red peppers,  broccoli carrots cauliflower and a little rice. 

Just pausing here because I know there are people joining this thread now and they see all kinds of conflicting approaches and advice. 

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any diet or exercise program. That said, I have been dieting seriously for about a year and a half as part of a phased approach. In "phase one" my only focus was on cutting calories and losing weight.  It took time to get used to eating 1500 net calories a day. Just staying under calories each day was an accomplishment at first. Then it became a streak. Then I realized that i could be tempted at any time but i could decide not to break the streak today. Dieting for 97 straight days without alcohol once seemed like a challenge, but then i realized that I can easily make it through one day. I just need to do that. And then do it again 96 more times. 

Now that I'm fully committed, I'm adding in all the other good habits one by one.  I've been rowing for a year, doing yoga since spring, added pushups in the late summer, then doing more with weights as I go.  Getting more fruits and vegetables in my diet than ever in my life and it's not that bad. Lots of lean protein like salmon, shrimp, chicken breast or the occasional protein shake. And I'm keeping my sodium around 2300 mg per day but aiming to lower it more over time. 

What worked for me is building the process starting with calorie counting, rewarding myself for exercise by allowing myself to eat whatever calories I earned, really solidifying the process where I'm totally consistent and don't need cheat days, and then adding challenges as I go.  It's not something I started overnight. I peaked at 284.6 lbs and am working my way down gradually with sprints of 10-12 percent of my body weight, then focusing on adding muscle, maintaining my weight and getting any cheating and drinking out of my system while my skin adjusts to my new shape before I start the next sprint.

That's what's working for me, but it might not be for everyone. You might not need to watch sodium or have any interest in building muscle or counting calories and you might have more success with low carb keto stuff or running marathons and just cutting out desserts. One person might tell you no sugar, another no carbs, and then you see me not drinking. You don't have to do any of those things to lose weight, you just need a caloric deficit of about 3500 calories to eventually lose one pound. All the other stuff is healthy but there's no one way to do this. 

If you're following along and not posting that's totally cool. A bunch of people have been lingering and reading and might not have decided yet or want to post publicly or feel comfortable sharing your weight on a message board. You don't have to do any of that. 

If you want to shoot me a pm or add me as a friend on myfitnesspal or ask anyone here for ideas let's go. If you want an accountability buddy but don't want it to be public, I'll try to give you virtual high fives when you do good and chase you for updates if you disappear for a while and you do the same for me. It helps, believe me. 

There is no better time to start the sucky process of losing weight than when you were going to be stuck inside with a stupid pandemic anyways. Let's get healthy together, 

Otis said:
My first day in a hotel was bad. But I got it out of my system. My 2nd day was great. Under calories, got in a 3 mile walk, no alcohol. Day 3 here we come. 
I'll be honest I was a little nervous when you said you had this trip and then went radio silent for a few days. Good to know you contained the cheat day and are back on track. That's been your downfall in the past- one cheat day becomes two and then two becomes a week. You can keep this going if you want to. 220 by 2/20 is still within reach. 

I'll be honest I was a little nervous when you said you had this trip and then went radio silent for a few days. Good to know you contained the cheat day and are back on track. That's been your downfall in the past- one cheat day becomes two and then two becomes a week. You can keep this going if you want to. 220 by 2/20 is still within reach. 
Exactly what I'm thinking.  

What I find hardest about calorie counting in situations like this is it's a bit of guesswork.  My routine is to grab a turkey bacon egg white sandwich from Starbucks (230 calories) for breakfast, but then lunch and dinner are a bit of a crapshoot.  Lunch I had them order me up a plate of sliced chicken breast, avocado, bacon, lettuce and tomato.  So hard to know how many calories are in that thing, so I jsut go on MFP and find something like it.  Same for dinner -- I ordered a piece of salmon and asparagus from the restaurant, with a chicken caesar salad starter.  I find those on MFP, but who knows if MY chicken caesar salad has the same calories as the entry in MFP.  I always try to pick the higher calorie ones off MFP to be conservative, but it's a whole lot less precise.  

Anyway, continuing on.....

Exactly what I'm thinking.  

What I find hardest about calorie counting in situations like this is it's a bit of guesswork.  My routine is to grab a turkey bacon egg white sandwich from Starbucks (230 calories) for breakfast, but then lunch and dinner are a bit of a crapshoot.  Lunch I had them order me up a plate of sliced chicken breast, avocado, bacon, lettuce and tomato.  So hard to know how many calories are in that thing, so I jsut go on MFP and find something like it.  Same for dinner -- I ordered a piece of salmon and asparagus from the restaurant, with a chicken caesar salad starter.  I find those on MFP, but who knows if MY chicken caesar salad has the same calories as the entry in MFP.  I always try to pick the higher calorie ones off MFP to be conservative, but it's a whole lot less precise.  

Anyway, continuing on.....
Exactly right. Err on the side of caution and hope it averages out and you can't go too far astray.

The issue isn't being off by 200 calories a couple times, it's having a couple 2000 calorie benders. 

Users who are viewing this thread