Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in?


bostonfred

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Tried the same route and decided to change it up by doing a loop instead of an out and back.  Turns out I have never run this route, only driven it.  Instead of 4.5 miles I ended up doing a little over 7.  Finished in a very good 72 minutes. Knees feel fine, heart rate never went above 147 that i saw.  I guess I need to start increasing my long runs a little because I was apparently getting complacent with daily 5ks. 

Very nice Fred.  Soon you'll be running 100 with me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not much positive to report here.  Two weeks ago I went on a 3 day hike with my son.  About 40 miles over 3 days.  Ended up gaining 4 pounds.  Not sure how that is even possible supposedly during 5k cal and consuming 3k.  Took a week off lifting and my reps fell off by 50%.

Grinding it out.  Today was my 7th consecutive day of lifting.  "Shuffled" 6.2 miles tonite at a 13 min pace.  Utterly disappointing.  Followed that up with 60 minutes lifting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Instead of 4.5 miles I ended up doing a little over 7.  Finished in a very good 72 minutes. Knees feel fine, heart rate never went above 147 that i saw.  I guess I need to start increasing my long runs a little because I was apparently getting complacent with daily 5ks. 

 

20 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

####### recruiters.  All of you. Runners are the worst.

Marathon is squarely in your sights.  Once you get that done we'll discuss 100.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hit 225 at one point

Start 223 somewhere for this...

  • 12/28 221.6
  • 12/29 220.4
  • 12/30 219.8
  • 1/1 218.6
  • 1/4 220.2
  • 1/5 219.6
  • 1/6 218.4
  • 1/7 218.0
  • 1/9 218.0
  • 1/15 216.8
  • 1/21 215.4
  • 1/29 214.8
  • 2/4  213.6
  • 2/13 213.6
  • 3/1 209.6
  • 3/23 207.6

Definitely took a few detours to get here "behind schedule" but still looking forward to hitting the 20#

11 pounds in 2.5 months is still something :).  

Refocused until 5/1   - 199 will happen before 5/1

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Corporation said:

I need to show this to a friend of mine.  He just topped 270 for the first time (of course he's 6'6 so it doesn't show as much) but he's been pretty discouraged with his loss.  This is a great model, he'd like to get to probably 235.  Anything in particular with your diet plan?

Great work!

I am actually on a paid diet plan. It is through SOTA (State of the Art) weight loss. It is not cheap, but for me, it has been worth it so far. I will write a full review of SOTA after I get to my weight loss goal and am in maintenance for a couple months. All these paid programs generally work well with losing the weight, the problem is you are not necessarily conditioned to maintain that weight when you reach your goal and go off the program. This is what Bostonfred, rightfully so, harps on. I am definitely going to relay on this site to help me when I go into maintenance.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also harp on the point that I hqve always thought that that kind of weight loss is unsafe without medical supervision.  If it's medically supervised and you're having success with it and no adverse effects then that's awesome. 

And one more thing on a personal note is that I'm down over 70 on good old fashioned diet and exercise and while I have done it fairly quickly - I started in June 2019 so I'll be down about 75 lbs in 91 weeks come Easter- I have taken breaks between these hard pushes and letting my skin resize to my new shape.  When you're losing larger amounts of weight that's an issue.  I know you want to be done fast, and I'd like to be done too, but I'm taking a long view on this and will be slowing down again in the hopes that when I'm done I won't look like someone who used to be a hundred pounds heavier.  If you lose all that weight at once it's hard to avoid that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I also harp on the point that I hqve always thought that that kind of weight loss is unsafe without medical supervision.  If it's medically supervised and you're having success with it and no adverse effects then that's awesome. 

And one more thing on a personal note is that I'm down over 70 on good old fashioned diet and exercise and while I have done it fairly quickly - I started in June 2019 so I'll be down about 75 lbs in 91 weeks come Easter- I have taken breaks between these hard pushes and letting my skin resize to my new shape.  When you're losing larger amounts of weight that's an issue.  I know you want to be done fast, and I'd like to be done too, but I'm taking a long view on this and will be slowing down again in the hopes that when I'm done I won't look like someone who used to be a hundred pounds heavier.  If you lose all that weight at once it's hard to avoid that. 

I have talked to my doctor about the program and he is okay with it. So far I have had no adverse effects and I feel really good. In fact, I saw my doctor this week and he is cutting my blood pressure medicine in half because he is worried that my pressure was too low. It is possible that when I get to my goal weight I may not need any blood pressure medicine at all. I hear what you are saying and agree with it. I just know if I had to be on a weight loss journey for 91 weeks (even with breaks) I would never make it. While there is nothing wrong with me having to do it in a quicker, more concentrated way, I do acknowledge that there is a good chance I will have some difficulty maintaining my weight. I am almost certain with your approach Fred that maintaining will be fairly easy for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, dhockster said:

I have talked to my doctor about the program and he is okay with it. So far I have had no adverse effects and I feel really good. In fact, I saw my doctor this week and he is cutting my blood pressure medicine in half because he is worried that my pressure was too low. It is possible that when I get to my goal weight I may not need any blood pressure medicine at all. I hear what you are saying and agree with it. I just know if I had to be on a weight loss journey for 91 weeks (even with breaks) I would never make it. While there is nothing wrong with me having to do it in a quicker, more concentrated way, I do acknowledge that there is a good chance I will have some difficulty maintaining my weight. I am almost certain with your approach Fred that maintaining will be fairly easy for you.

I didn't go all out for 90 weeks, I went hard for a few months, took a break, a couple more months, took a break, etc.

During those breaks I ate tons of junk and drank tons of booze so I'm not remotely perfect at maintenance, I just knew I needed it for my sanity if I was going to stick with this and it really did help not only to get it out of my system but to see how frustrating it is to lose weight and then blow back 15 or 20 lbs and have to lose it again. That experience will help me later as I see the scale creep up and I know I have to decide when enough is enough.  Lots of people wait until they've blown back 50 plus and I want to put processes in place to avoid that.  

My blood pressure is now 116 over 71 without medication.  That's a combination of the weight loss and running but not a lifetime of good eating decisions or any kind of genetics - my dad had a quadruple bypass in his early 50s and my brother was getting congestive heart before the cancer got him. I'm proud of you for getting ahead of that and hopefully someday getting off the medication altogether. It sounds like you are keeping your doctor in the loop on all of this and that's huge. 

Maintenance is awesome at first you get to have so much more than dieting. Then it starts to suck because you have so much less than when you were just eating everything in sight.  It's important to find what works for you and figure out what to do when it stops working.  When you get to that point we can definitely talk more. 

Keep up the good work 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 20        192.0                -34.1                                         1480
  • Mar 21        192.2                -33.9                                         1970
  • Mar 22        192.6                -33.5                                         1530
  • Mar 23        193.1                -33.0 

All good things come to an end.  I'm now up 4 straight days and 1.3 pounds since Friday.  This of course correlates to my most frequent issue of no poops now for 4 days, but with 3 days to go this looks to be the first week since Thanksgiving with a gain instead of a loss.  Sticking with it however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Corporation said:

All good things come to an end.  I'm now up 4 straight days and 1.3 pounds since Friday.  This of course correlates to my most frequent issue of no poops now for 4 days, but with 3 days to go this looks to be the first week since Thanksgiving with a gain instead of a loss.  Sticking with it however.

 Come on gb you can poo it 

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Corporation said:

All good things come to an end.  I'm now up 4 straight days and 1.3 pounds since Friday.  This of course correlates to my most frequent issue of no poops now for 4 days, but with 3 days to go this looks to be the first week since Thanksgiving with a gain instead of a loss.  Sticking with it however.

This is why I don't step on a scale when I'm in a good routine. You've been doing such a good job GB, trust the process. The results will come.

ETA: I think I misread your initial 'all good things come to an end' since your last statement was that you are sticking to it. :thumbup:

Edited by BigJim®
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

This is why I don't step on a scale when I'm in a good routine. You've been doing such a good job GB, trust the process. The results will come.

ETA: I think I misread your initial 'all good things come to an end' since your last statement was that you are sticking to it. :thumbup:

He's been eating all good things they just haven't reached the right end

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bostonfred said:
4 hours ago, BigJim® said:

This is why I don't step on a scale when I'm in a good routine. You've been doing such a good job GB, trust the process. The results will come.

ETA: I think I misread your initial 'all good things come to an end' since your last statement was that you are sticking to it. :thumbup:

He's been eating all good things they just haven't reached the right end

All joking aside I'm a little concerned about it.  I was an everyday pooper (and twice a lot of days).  I understand I'm not making as much poop due to the decline in junk, but 4 days is bothersome.  It doesn't hurt, today I've started feeling a little bloated, but I don't feel uncomfortable.  I'm taking daily pro-biotics.  I need to eat more ruffage, but other than that I'm not sure what to do to doo doo 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Corporation said:

All joking aside I'm a little concerned about it.  I was an everyday pooper (and twice a lot of days).  I understand I'm not making as much poop due to the decline in junk, but 4 days is bothersome.  It doesn't hurt, today I've started feeling a little bloated, but I don't feel uncomfortable.  I'm taking daily pro-biotics.  I need to eat more ruffage, but other than that I'm not sure what to do to doo doo 🙂 

If I didn’t poop for four days I would be questioning if what the hell is going on too.  I poop basically every day and sometimes multiples times.  I would make sure you are getting enough fiber and not too much protein.  And up your water intake and maybe take a stool softener.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Corporation said:

All joking aside I'm a little concerned about it.  I was an everyday pooper (and twice a lot of days).  I understand I'm not making as much poop due to the decline in junk, but 4 days is bothersome.  It doesn't hurt, today I've started feeling a little bloated, but I don't feel uncomfortable.  I'm taking daily pro-biotics.  I need to eat more ruffage, but other than that I'm not sure what to do to doo doo 🙂 

I crap my pants more often than you crap

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

115g protein

52g fiber

2642mg sodium a little high but not too bad

Took it easier today after my unexpectedly long run, walked on the treadmill and caught up on some Netflix. My dad is starting to get serious about losing some weight and asked me for help with myfitnesspal so apparently that's my thing now. Much better than the last technical help he asked me for 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Corporation said:

All joking aside I'm a little concerned about it.  I was an everyday pooper (and twice a lot of days).  I understand I'm not making as much poop due to the decline in junk, but 4 days is bothersome.  It doesn't hurt, today I've started feeling a little bloated, but I don't feel uncomfortable.  I'm taking daily pro-biotics.  I need to eat more ruffage, but other than that I'm not sure what to do to doo doo 🙂 

Fiber and water. 

There's a reason i track my protein and fiber every day, even with 51g fiber today and 30 plus grams most days I'm not totally regular between the weight loss and high protein diet. Its not unusual for me to skip days of pooping either.  I burn almost everything that goes in me.  You're eating nothing but protein and simple carbs with those nuggets and burrito bowls. Prebiotics will help make sure you've got the right gut flora for the process but they don't solve the problem alone. 

Imagine a bunch of pipes in your body running from your mouth to your stomach and out the exhaust pipe.  Every day you pour coffee and chewed up chicken mush and mashed burrito bowl into the pipes and it all turns into sludge that sticks to the sides.  Eventually it builds up, there's a little backlog and you feel some pressure and open the valve to let it out while it's all mushy and yucky. Then you wait until the pressure builds up again. You're training yourself to be irregular. 

Now imagine that you pour a bunch or gravel down the pipes followed by a bunch of water. The gravel scrapes the insides of the pipes clean and the water pushes it along so it doesn't get stuck. Instead of mushy food mixed with coffee you've got that undigestable fiber acting like gravel clinging to the yuck on the way out and helping you to get it out before the pressure backs up. It's gross but it's important to take it seriously as we age because that's where a lot of older man problems can happen. 

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Consult your doctor before beginning this or any diet or exercise program. My main experience in this area is that my brother died of colon cancer when he was my age. Take your #### seriously. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Corporation said:

All joking aside I'm a little concerned about it.  I was an everyday pooper (and twice a lot of days).  I understand I'm not making as much poop due to the decline in junk, but 4 days is bothersome.  It doesn't hurt, today I've started feeling a little bloated, but I don't feel uncomfortable.  I'm taking daily pro-biotics.  I need to eat more ruffage, but other than that I'm not sure what to do to doo doo 🙂 

Up the coffee intake poomingo

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, belljr said:

Up the coffee intake poomingo

Coffee might force the issue when you're eating normally but when I've been dieting for an extended period especially with high protein/low fiber it screws up my schedule. Fiber, water, exercise, and 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/constipation-6-hints-to-help-you-return-to-regular-bowel-movements/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Coffee might force the issue when you're eating normally but when I've been dieting for an extended period especially with high protein/low fiber it screws up my schedule. Fiber, water, exercise, and 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/constipation-6-hints-to-help-you-return-to-regular-bowel-movements/

It’s weird how different things affect different folks - drinking coffee always always triggers and bathroom visit for me.  I drink plenty of water so that definitely helps and most days my fiber is good.  My wife is like some in here where she may go days without going- sounds horrible not to mention all that time that you are missing out on making your employer pay you to poop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Coffee might force the issue when you're eating normally but when I've been dieting for an extended period especially with high protein/low fiber it screws up my schedule. Fiber, water, exercise, and 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/constipation-6-hints-to-help-you-return-to-regular-bowel-movements/

I know I am officially old when I read the linked article with intense interest

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't checked in/updated lately... scale somehow lost my profile and wasn't uploading to my phone for a bit. Also had a major cheat long weekend last week. But still working my way down, slowly but surely:

  • Jan 1 - 214.0
  • Jan 8 - 211.4
  • Jan 15 - 207.2
  • Jan 22 - 207.6
  • Jan 29 - 207.2
  • Feb 5 - 205.6
  • Feb 12 - 204.4
  • Feb 19 - 203.8
  • Feb 26 - 202.0
  • Mar 5 - 201.2
  • Mar 12 - ? not sure exactly since it didn't record but just under 201ish
  • March 18 - 200.4 - before all the cheating started

Official weigh in Friday should still be right around the 200 mark. So close to getting back to a 1xx number but not quite there yet. 

Edited by The Iguana
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, The Iguana said:

Haven't checked in/updated lately... scale somehow lost my profile and wasn't uploading to my phone for a bit. Also had a major cheat long weekend last week. But still working my way down, slowly but surely:

  • Jan 1 - 214.0
  • Jan 8 - 211.4
  • Jan 15 - 207.2
  • Jan 22 - 207.6
  • Jan 29 - 207.2
  • Feb 5 - 205.6
  • Feb 12 - 204.4
  • Feb 19 - 203.8
  • Feb 26 - 202.0
  • Mar 5 - 201.2
  • Mar 12 - ? not sure exactly since it didn't record but just under 201ish
  • March 18 - 200.4 - before all the cheating started

Official weigh in Friday should still be right around the 200 mark. So close to getting back to a 1xx number but not quite there yet. 

14 pounds in 3 months is solid progress.  Good luck with the Friday weigh in

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

14 pounds in 3 months is solid progress.  Good luck with the Friday weigh in

Thanks. Someone had asked in the 10k thread and I had posted this there, which is also what prompted me to update here. Anyway, here's been my weight journey the last few years:

  • July 2018 - 235
  • Sept 2018 - 230 (when I joined this thread (10k))
  • Nov 2018 - 225 (when I ran my first HM)
  • Oct 2019 - 193 (my lowest point just before my first marathon)
  • Sept 2020 - 198 (Stayed 195-199 until about this point)
  • Dec 31, 2020 - 214 (finished gaining my covid 19+)
  • Currently - 200.x (have been flirting with getting back under 200 for a couple weeks but have been eating too much)

Really would like to get down to about 185ish at some point but we'll see. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Corporation said:

I know this is heresy for many, but in addition to no alcohol I've only had maybe a half cup of coffee before I decided I hate it.

I'm with you. I love the smell of coffee brewing, can't stand the taste of it. I never touch the stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Corporation said:

So I just calculated my daily fiber intake, looks like it is at 14g usually.  Men should be between 30 and 38 so I'll definitely need to bump this number up.

Black beans, berries and greens have worked well for me.  Things like hemp, chia and flax seeds are also good options. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Corporation said:

So I just calculated my daily fiber intake, looks like it is at 14g usually.  Men should be between 30 and 38 so I'll definitely need to bump this number up.

Yup and then you eat something you think is high in fiber like oatmeal and you're likd holy crap that's only 4g?

And then you realize how badly you've been eating in general. At least that's what happened for me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

Yup and then you eat something you think is high in fiber like oatmeal and you're likd holy crap that's only 4g?

And then you realize how badly you've been eating in general. At least that's what happened for me. 

Yep.  That's what happened for me also.   I can't imagine how poorly I was eating 5-10 years ago, or even pre-COVID with work travel, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:
2 hours ago, Corporation said:

I know this is heresy for many, but in addition to no alcohol I've only had maybe a half cup of coffee before I decided I hate it.

How’d you get fat?? ;) 

French fries and chocolate :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Major said:

Black beans, berries and greens have worked well for me.  Things like hemp, chia and flax seeds are also good options. 

Yeah I just saw a cup of black beans has 15 g of protein, so maybe I make that my side dish with the nightly chicken nuggets.  Baked beans have 10g but a lot more calories

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Corporation said:

Yeah I just saw a cup of black beans has 15 g of protein, so maybe I make that my side dish with the nightly chicken nuggets.  Baked beans have 10g but a lot more calories

Yeah, a lot of baked beans have extra sugar cooked in so I generally stay away.  It surprised me after reading some of the labels.  You're basically eating a high fiber/protein dessert.   Black beans can be bland on their own so I generally opt for the spicy variety or go no sodium adding in salsa, peppers and avocado for flavor.  

Edited by Major
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

137g protein 

42g fiber

1742,g sodium 

Ran 4.2 miles outside in 42 minutes.  Apparently I run exactly ten minute miles when I run outside.  Weird.  Tomorrow's going to be the nicest day yet, in the 70s. I miss the before times when you could guarantee there would be young women doing their young womeniest things in their youngest, womeniest outfits on the first nice days of the year.  

10 days to Easter. The count down is on.

Edited by bostonfred
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Corporation said:

So I just calculated my daily fiber intake, looks like it is at 14g usually.  Men should be between 30 and 38 so I'll definitely need to bump this number up.

I used to use citrucel powder in my coffee

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 20        192.0                -34.1                                         1480
  • Mar 21        192.2                -33.9                                         1970
  • Mar 22        192.6                -33.5                                         1530
  • Mar 23        193.1                -33.0                                         1950
  • Mar 24        194.8                -31.3                                         1490
  • Mar 25        193.3                -32.8                                         1470

Tomorrow the streak of weight loss weeks end but a new one can begin next week.  I did finally poop although it wasn't a great one. I've decided to mix in a combination of an apple, a cup of black or pinto beans, and a 5g fiber gummy to my diet to help with this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bostonfred said:

211.8 this morning. 10 days to drop 3.1 lbs by Easter.  Will do my poopingest to hit this meaningful but admittedly arbitrary goal.

This is really tremendous progress!  If we had control of the thread title, we would be singing your praises for the weight loss and for motivating a lot of people in here to get healthier.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corporation said:

This is really tremendous progress!  If we had control of the thread title, we would be singing your praises for the weight loss and for motivating a lot of people in here to get healthier.

Thanks man. Still a ways to go but I'm excited about getting close to my milestone and I'm excited for Easter so I can drink Irish coffee and not run for a day.  But I also get genuinely excited to see all of the people in here making progress of their own.  It's so cool to see you not only losing a bunch of weight but figuring out your own unique diet then adding fiber and making long term tweaks. Or to see judge Smails use a completely different approach. And I'm learning from everyone. Following along with fred_1_15301 helped me figure out my sodium issues and got us both working out more and culdeus and bass helped me do it better. Your logging and lack of...um... logs... probably helped someone else who is having the same issue.  Really a hugely valuable resource these last few months and longer in the otis thread. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

127g protein

38g fiber

1138mg sodium

Light exercise after a good outdoor run yesterday. Kind of wanted to run but decided to be careful until my legs fully adjust.  Did a little treadmill time instead and had a light dinner. 

9 days until Easter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, belljr said:

Sleep dr visit today - I was down 15 pounds since my visit end of december  so 5 pounds a month.

Not great but good.

5 pounds a month is a pretty good pace. 1 to 2 pounds a week is kind of the recommended pace, I believe. That's more "lifestyle change" that is sustainable rather than a crash and burn pace that you won't be able to maintain. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

198.4. Eating well. Limited booze. Getting in a lot of steps but think I need some higher intensity workout to up the deficit and drop more pounds. Would love to get to 195 then stare at 190. Tougher sledding now. Solidifying under 200 though and happy with that. I have no timeframe nor specific goal. Maybe I need one. Just been mindful since 12/26

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

193.8 - had dinner out for the first time in a while.  Somewhat limited myself to boneless wings and a salad but still was a sodium bomb.  Offset that with a long IF day (20 hours) and then just ate a few healthy snacks. I’ll jump back up a little today but I’m firmly under 200 and closing in on 190.  Feels good. Wife is killing it too which is nice.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • bostonfred changed the title to Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...