What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (2 Viewers)

Nov 30: 234.4

Dec 3: 232.0

Dec 7: 230.0

Dec 11: 227.2

Had my first bad day yesterday since mid-November. Worked a long day at the office (which I've been to 4 times since March) and didn't bring enough food. What is right around the corner? Jack in the Box.

Nov 30: 234.4

Dec 3: 232.0

Dec 7: 230.0

Dec 11: 227.2

Had my first bad day yesterday since mid-November. Worked a long day at the office (which I've been to 4 times since March) and didn't bring enough food. What is right around the corner? Jack in the Box.
Step 1:  cut a hole in a box.....

Mid November - 205 - measured mid  day, which is probably +2 pounds over waking weight.  Exercise program w/ serious reduction in alcohol started around this time.  Unfortunately failed to get baseline measurement of resting pulse rate.
This morning - waking weight = 195, HR = 50bpm

Long term goal = 185, at which point I’ll reassess, with the possibility of going for 175-180.  6’ tall, fwiw.

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           1210
  • Nov 28         223.3                 -2.8                   1400
  • Nov 29         221.7                 -4.4                   1450
  • Nov 30         221.5                 -4.6                   1450
  • Dec 1           221.5                 -4.6                    1410
  • Dec 2           220.4                 -5.7                    1470
  • Dec 3           220.9                 -5.2                    1470
  • Dec 4           221.7                 -4.4                    1450
  • Dec 5           220.0                 -6.1                    1430
  • Dec 6           219.1                 -7.0                    1500
  • Dec 7           219.1                 -7.0                    1420
  • Dec 8           218.4                 -7.7                    1470
  • Dec 9           217.8                 -8.3                    2120
  • Dec 10         217.1                 -9.0                    1470
  • Dec 11         216.2                 -9.9              

• Dec 11         216.2                 -9.9              
Nice work!

holding strong through the weekend - rainy here today - may have to take the day off of running

I would LOVE to go to the gym but Covid has kept me out of there since March :( ;

It just does not seem worth the risk. 

• Dec 11         216.2                 -9.9                    1520
  • Dec 12         216.7                 -9.4
This was the bounce I was expecting from the pizza night.  Will probably bounce again tomorrow and then I have a birthday party to go to.  Hoping not to fall back beyond the 9 pound mark.

Keep it up all!

Coffee and a homemade egg sandwich 556 calories

Wendy's son of baconator 700

Large fries (80 percent of the container) 400

Bacon and cheese baked potato 540

Skyr 140

Raspberries 90

Protein granola 105

Running, 30 minutes 5k 514 calories burned

Rowing, 32 minutes 384 calories burned

Yoga 25 minutes 107 calories burned

Walking 5 minutes 25 calories burned 

Total 1498 net calories, 115g protein, 39g fiber 

In case it's not clear, don't follow this diet. My sodium and cholesterol and saturated fats were not good, obviously. But for a day of eating so badly, i could have done much worse.  And my kid was so excited about eating Wendy's with dad. 

Last update on Tuesday was 930 Minutes since Turkey Day...

Thursday Night-Tennis 90 Minutes 

Saturday-Cycle 90 Minutes 

Sunday Morning,  in about an hour I am going to be playing Sunday Morn Singles, this is a new one for me but I have quickly taken to Singles again, lot more movement than my typical Doubles, really feel it in your muscles the next day and even later tonight or this afternoon when I watch my Phins get crushed. 

Going to be at about 1,200 Minutes going into this week. My plan is to get a steady diet of cycle/run/walk fast on top of Tennis. 

90-120 Minutes a day on the lead up into Christmas is the plan. 

Turkey Day 185...managed to get to 180 in a few days after but this morning we are 183-184, I've been eating terrible and the proof is in the pudding. I have been DRINKING at an astonishing clip of late, I just gotta be honest when I was tallying all the beers and liquor, I didn't want to really add it up in my head what I was doing.  2-3 with lunch, doesn't make you drunk, another 2-3 drinks in the afternoon, I bet I have been averaging 3-4 a day since Thanksgiving, that's too much for me. 

On another note...in the past I typically gain something like 15-20 lbs over the holidays, there is no debate about this if you look at pictures from years past. If @bostonfred can help some of us just not have to go out and buy bigger pants or dig deep into the closet to pull out old frumpy clothes again, mission accomplished. So yeah I would love to go from 185 down to 175 but if I fail and just keep the odometer at about 180 compared to most folks I have seen who already had packed on 20-50+ lbs over the pandemic which is keeping folks inside, now winter is setting in, good time to invest in some home gym equipment you've been putting off.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Coffee and a homemade egg sandwich 556 calories

Wendy's son of baconator 700

Large fries (80 percent of the container) 400

Bacon and cheese baked potato 540

Skyr 140

Raspberries 90

Protein granola 105

Running, 30 minutes 5k 514 calories burned

Rowing, 32 minutes 384 calories burned

Yoga 25 minutes 107 calories burned

Walking 5 minutes 25 calories burned 

Total 1498 net calories, 115g protein, 39g fiber 

In case it's not clear, don't follow this diet. My sodium and cholesterol and saturated fats were not good, obviously. But for a day of eating so badly, i could have done much worse.  And my kid was so excited about eating Wendy's with dad. 
😆   

How about you have the coffee and egg sammich at like Chik Fil A and then make a couple sliders at home and cut down on some of these calories. French Fries? 

Is there not a decent place to go that's like a bar n grill but they have real baked potatoes starting at like 11 in the morning? This would be the place that also has a fresh fish delivered daily, their food isn't all frozen from Cheney Bros or whoever their supplier is. 

Those gut bombs at Wendy's have got to be 86'd from your menu options. 

holding strong through the weekend - rainy here today - may have to take the day off of running

I would LOVE to go to the gym but Covid has kept me out of there since March :( ;

It just does not seem worth the risk. 
I saw a Church do a mini gym set up with one of their "Bingo halls" or every Church has a Rec Area type thing. They had free weights and other gym equipment set up on a Sat Morn for a few hours and obviously a few guys spearheaded it and wanted to set it all up. I've seen similar at home garages around the neighborhood where they just open the garage door and there is gym equipment and 3-4 guys just moaning and grimacing between each curl as I glide by on my bike. It doesn't look like anything I would personally enjoy but the men look happy to be lifting and working out. 

😆   

How about you have the coffee and egg sammich at like Chik Fil A and then make a couple sliders at home and cut down on some of these calories. French Fries? 

Is there not a decent place to go that's like a bar n grill but they have real baked potatoes starting at like 11 in the morning? This would be the place that also has a fresh fish delivered daily, their food isn't all frozen from Cheney Bros or whoever their supplier is. 

Those gut bombs at Wendy's have got to be 86'd from your menu options. 
I don't eat at Wendy's. My son is on the autism spectrum and we're doing a thing where if he earns a certain number of checks each week for good behavior then he can choose a reward.  The thing he misses most during 2020 is that I used to take him somewhere almost every day - for a walk around the mall, or on a bike path, or to the grocery store, whatever. With the pandemic I'm not doing that with him anymore and we weren't even getting takeout or pizza or anything until a couple months ago. So this was the compromise - if he earns all of his little check marks, he gets a chance to earn something each week.  And out of all the places nearby that he would like to go to, he picked Wendy's.  Ok if he wants Wendy's with dad then Wendy's with dad it shall be. And if he's in the back seat yelling and a baked potato while I order, then sure, kid, let's do it.  I could have not eaten it, or just had half the burger, or told him no, but the whole point is to let him drive things and he has really responded to this, so I ham it up a little and have fun with it. His teachers are in on it and they all have commented on his progress recently and how he'll do anything if they tell him he can earn a check.  Totally worth it. 

I was mostly just posting this because it was obviously a crap day of eating and I still salvaged it. 

I had a pretty good week weight-wise. Down around 7 pounds from when this thread started. My wife made a tray of vegetable lasagna last Sunday, and I ate leftovers for lunch just about every day this week. The noodles and the cheese not the healthiest, but a small amount is pretty filling and the other stuff in it is healthy (spinach, zucchini, carrots, etc). My wife puts some pepperjack cheese on it to give it a good spicy flavor too, which makes the veggies more palatable. 

I should rename my FBG handle as Tub-o-lard. Law school was not kind to my waistline and it got even worse after kids. Starting weight: 229 lbs. Baby steps. 
227 this morning. Not much working out, but using myfitnesspal to track calories is huge. It helps me be conscious of how much I'm shoveling in. Otherwise it's too easy to walk by the kitchen and grab a granola bar or other munchy, multiplied by several times a day and it's easy to get fat. I also try to remind myself that the feeling I have is being thirsty, not hungry.
224. Feeling good. Targeting 1500 calories a day but generally ending up around 1700-1800. 

@Angry Beavers if you're looking to replace the gym, some things that might help that are free and a good workout. 

-  bodyweight exercises, little or no equipment needed https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness and https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/ if you are looking to build strength there are some great workouts here.  I have never done a pull up in my adult life, and I'm working on it now.

https://hundredpushups.com/ - training program that i used to go from barely being able to do a few pushups to doing sets of 50 or 60 regularly. 

- 30 days of yoga with adriene- https://youtu.be/oBu-pQG6sTY  - my whole body looks and feels better than ever and this is a big reason why. There are days where you are mostly stretching, but there's a lot of core work, or where you get a good sweat, or where you feel like your arms or legs are going to turn to jelly because it's real strength training mixed in. 

If you want to spend money and build a hone gym

rowing machine - this is the one my wife bought me for my birthday, under 300 bucks and it's very quiet. Folds up if space is an issue. Quality is not great, and it doesn't have a lot of the features that the concept2 has, but for the price it's been a good machine for me

- treadmill- I don't have any recommendations here, I have a nordictrack that I use all the time but really if you're good enough to need a good treadmill then you probably know what you need from a good treadmill. Mine only goes up to 12mph, but ive never pushed it past 10 and i saw a light from above telling me it was not my time yet. If you need to go faster than 12 mph - 5 minute mile pace - then you are probably not shopping for your first treadmill 

- resistance bands, pull up bar, dip bar, and a bench and two adjustable dumbbells could also be good depending what you do but the yoga and bodyweight stuff is plenty for me.

Obviously you can spend money on lots more things, but the gym being closed doesn't have to mean you can't work out 

I had a pretty good week weight-wise. Down around 7 pounds from when this thread started. My wife made a tray of vegetable lasagna last Sunday, and I ate leftovers for lunch just about every day this week. The noodles and the cheese not the healthiest, but a small amount is pretty filling and the other stuff in it is healthy (spinach, zucchini, carrots, etc). My wife puts some pepperjack cheese on it to give it a good spicy flavor too, which makes the veggies more palatable. 
Love lasagna and it doesn't have to be unhealthy if you keep the portion sizes low. 

If she's interested in meat lasagna I use ground turkey and add some beef stock to it to get the meat flavor. 

https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/ronzoni/healthy-harvest-whole-wheat-lasagna-noodles

These things aren't bad for you, 9g protein in 180 calories of noodles gets you a good size square

If you like the edge pieces better than the middle pieces and want to control portion sizes, the baker's edge makes a lasagna pan (a little bigger than the brownie pan but the same idea)

If you guys are looking for frozen carb free options, Real Good makes great pizzas and other dishes.  I'm a big fan of their chicken crust pizza where they use grilled chicken as the base/crust.  It's a really tasty pizza and great to have on hand when temptation strikes.  Most of my grocery stores carry it for cheaper than listed here online.  For those worried about sodium/preservatives, seems easy to make something similar from scratch: 

https://realgoodfoods.com/collections/pizzas/products/7-large-pepperoni-chicken-crust?variant=28832154583117

My son is on the autism spectrum and we're doing a thing where if he earns a certain number of checks each week for good behavior then he can choose a reward.   

Totally worth it. 

I was mostly just posting this because it was obviously a crap day of eating and I still salvaged it. 
👍

You rock!

I don't eat at Wendy's. My son is on the autism spectrum and we're doing a thing where if he earns a certain number of checks each week for good behavior then he can choose a reward.  The thing he misses most during 2020 is that I used to take him somewhere almost every day - for a walk around the mall, or on a bike path, or to the grocery store, whatever. With the pandemic I'm not doing that with him anymore and we weren't even getting takeout or pizza or anything until a couple months ago. So this was the compromise - if he earns all of his little check marks, he gets a chance to earn something each week.  And out of all the places nearby that he would like to go to, he picked Wendy's.  Ok if he wants Wendy's with dad then Wendy's with dad it shall be. And if he's in the back seat yelling and a baked potato while I order, then sure, kid, let's do it.  I could have not eaten it, or just had half the burger, or told him no, but the whole point is to let him drive things and he has really responded to this, so I ham it up a little and have fun with it. His teachers are in on it and they all have commented on his progress recently and how he'll do anything if they tell him he can earn a check.  Totally worth it. 

My son is on the spectrum as well. Not sure how old he is but I think I'm a good bit older than you (47) so I think my son is likely older as well.  Just want you to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.  After a lot of years struggling early on in elementary school, the specialized attention he got in middle school really set him up well.  He did well in high school and is now a sophomore in college. I would gladly eat Wendy's if it meant a glint of happiness in his eyes.

Keep it up!

• Dec 12         216.7                 -9.4                    1450
  • Dec 13         216.0                -10.1
Surprisingly didn't have a "double up" day after the pizza.  Went to my brother's birthday today and passed on cake and ice cream.  SIL did serve a delicious lasagna for lunch but I only had one rather small helping with no bread.  Wouldn't be shocked to bounce up a little, but the next goal will be back to 200.  Missing out on all the Christmas parties is making it easier to stick to the Chickpotle diet.

• Dec 12         216.7                 -9.4                    1450
  • Dec 13         216.0                -10.1
Surprisingly didn't have a "double up" day after the pizza.  Went to my brother's birthday today and passed on cake and ice cream.  SIL did serve a delicious lasagna for lunch but I only had one rather small helping with no bread.  Wouldn't be shocked to bounce up a little, but the next goal will be back to 200.  Missing out on all the Christmas parties is making it easier to stick to the Chickpotle diet.
Keep up the great work!!

My official weigh-in is tomorrow.  Hoping to be down 6.5-7 lbs but time will tell.

Im not feeling positive about the weigh in tomorrow. I didn't do bad, but my body doesnt lose consistently anymore. Ill lose a bunch, stay static for a few weeks and then lose a bunch again. I guess we will see tomorrow. 

AcerFC said:
Im not feeling positive about the weigh in tomorrow. I didn't do bad, but my body doesnt lose consistently anymore. Ill lose a bunch, stay static for a few weeks and then lose a bunch again. I guess we will see tomorrow. 
Are you drinking enough water, eating enough fiber, doing enough exercise and keeping your sodium under control?

Are you drinking enough water, eating enough fiber, doing enough exercise and keeping your sodium under control?
Probably not, probably not, yes (Ive done 60 minute peloton rides 3 out of the last 5 days with a 20 minute and 45 minute on the other days), no idea

bostonfred said:
@Angry Beavers if you're looking to replace the gym, some things that might help that are free and a good workout. 

-  bodyweight exercises, little or no equipment needed https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness and https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/ if you are looking to build strength there are some great workouts here.  I have never done a pull up in my adult life, and I'm working on it now.

https://hundredpushups.com/ - training program that i used to go from barely being able to do a few pushups to doing sets of 50 or 60 regularly. 

- 30 days of yoga with adriene- https://youtu.be/oBu-pQG6sTY  - my whole body looks and feels better than ever and this is a big reason why. There are days where you are mostly stretching, but there's a lot of core work, or where you get a good sweat, or where you feel like your arms or legs are going to turn to jelly because it's real strength training mixed in. 

If you want to spend money and build a hone gym

rowing machine - this is the one my wife bought me for my birthday, under 300 bucks and it's very quiet. Folds up if space is an issue. Quality is not great, and it doesn't have a lot of the features that the concept2 has, but for the price it's been a good machine for me

- treadmill- I don't have any recommendations here, I have a nordictrack that I use all the time but really if you're good enough to need a good treadmill then you probably know what you need from a good treadmill. Mine only goes up to 12mph, but ive never pushed it past 10 and i saw a light from above telling me it was not my time yet. If you need to go faster than 12 mph - 5 minute mile pace - then you are probably not shopping for your first treadmill 

- resistance bands, pull up bar, dip bar, and a bench and two adjustable dumbbells could also be good depending what you do but the yoga and bodyweight stuff is plenty for me.

Obviously you can spend money on lots more things, but the gym being closed doesn't have to mean you can't work out 
Alright.  You’ve mentioned the 100 push-ups a few times.  I finally took the plunge to get started.   Did the test and was able to do 17.  This week will be week 1 for me.  I’m 100% committed to doing this.  Now that I’m consistently entering food into the app and meeting my daily calorie goals, it’s time to add another good habit.  I’d love to do yoga with Adrienne (which for me, let’s be honest, is really a euphemism), but can’t add more than one change to routine at a time.  A couple weeks of adding pushups, and then yoga will be next.

Thanks for the suggestion BF.

Alright.  You’ve mentioned the 100 push-ups a few times.  I finally took the plunge to get started.   Did the test and was able to do 17.  This week will be week 1 for me.  I’m 100% committed to doing this.  Now that I’m consistently entering food into the app and meeting my daily calorie goals, it’s time to add another good habit.  I’d love to do yoga with Adrienne (which for me, let’s be honest, is really a euphemism), but can’t add more than one change to routine at a time.  A couple weeks of adding pushups, and then yoga will be next.

I'm rooting for you GB.  BTW - I don't believe anyone on this site has successfully hit 100.  Use this as motivation!

Last edited by a moderator:

Love it. 

Hundredpushups.com didn't actually get me to 100 but all of us were impressed with our results. Biggest recommendation is to redo days or weeks if you aren't quite there - there's no shame in trying a week again if you were struggling to finish your final set.

Re yoga, it's a big ask to add 20 or 30 minutes a day but they are worthwhile minutes.  Ask anyone you know who does yoga whether it's worth doing.  Google Joe Rogan yoga or Diamond Dallas page. 

Still at 240.  No movement in a week.

I continued my trend of eating perfectly Monday - Friday and then going off the rails on the weekend.  I ran both days, but the diet was less than perfect (to put it mildly).

Losing 9 before Christmas is looking less likely by the day, but I am not giving up!

Users who are viewing this thread