What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (2 Viewers)

Things I have learned from frequent weigh ins

Sodium matters. If I stay under calories but have salty dominos I will see my weight fluctuate up.

Trust the process. If I stay under calories each day it eventually works itself out. 

Pooping matters. Drink water, eat fiber. I had 38g fiber today and that's nowhere near my record. I love pooping.  Poop like me. Not like @Corporation. 

I weigh more at 6am than 7am if I don't eat or drink anything 

Booze bloats

Booze is still fun

Something bad about booze

Damn it i drank wine tonight 

Last edited by a moderator:
Also finding myself a bit hungry at night and want too snack on something low carb. Maybe something I can eat more of then other things. Looking for possible things with granola in them, crackers with dips/cheeses, certain trail mix type foods I could eat. I have issues sleeping so anything that can help me get to sleep is a plus too. I've read a few ideas but interested what people here do as well as maybe suggestions for more fulfilling food during the day so I'm not as hungry night 

Question: Should I being weighing myself everyday or once a week? 
The general guideline I would suggest is:

• Wake up
  • Take a leak
-Weigh yourself only if the following conditions are true

• You had a reasonable size poop in the prior day
  • You did not have a restaurant meal that is abnormal for you in the prior day.  (sodium)
  • Nothing abnormal about your alcohol consumption
Weighing after a poop is problematic because poop is variable in it's hydroscopic properties and will lead to instability in the weight measured.  

Hi I'm fat. Motivate me to eat better and get my ### on the treadmill please. 😐
This group has a wealth of experience to share what steps they took to lose weight, but nobody else can make you have the desire to actually take the actions.  That has to come from you.

Using MyFitnessPal app to set a weekly weight loss goal, track every morsel of food I eat, and then monitor my daily success has been 100% necessary for me.  Ditto for reporting into and checking into this thread to keep myself accountable.  Doing a daily weigh in has also helped.  Others are much more sophisticated; I’m just a simple guy from Wisconsin.  If it gets over complicated, it just gives me more ways to cheat the rules.

Hi I'm fat. Motivate me to eat better and get my ### on the treadmill please. 😐
You'll make much better process eating a healthy diet than getting on the treadmill.  I switched to a whole food plant-based diet last summer in conjunction with riding my bike 75 miles per week.  The pounds flew off despite drinking like an #######.  At the request of the kids (and to some extent the wife) we gave up on the diet, but I continue to ride the bike.  My weight has plateaued, but my diet hasn't been great either.  I'm okay with it, but will probably go back to being a lot more plant-based now that summer is coming along and all the fresh produce is in season.

For exercise you need to find something that is fun.  A treadmill sounds miserable, but I'm sure some people really enjoy them.  I personally cannot stand the gym, but have found that I really love cycling.  Find the activity that you enjoy that has an exercise component to it.  I lost a lot of weight about 15 years ago from playing disc golf of all things.... just from walking around the courses.  My willpower is pretty low, so if there is an activity that I dread doing, I'll try to find an excuse not to do it.... which is why I'm posting here instead of working.

The general guideline I would suggest is:

• Wake up
  • Take a leak
-Weigh yourself only if the following conditions are true

• You had a reasonable size poop in the prior day
  • You did not have a restaurant meal that is abnormal for you in the prior day.  (sodium)
  • Nothing abnormal about your alcohol consumption
Weighing after a poop is problematic because poop is variable in it's hydroscopic properties and will lead to instability in the weight measured.  
Yeah weighed myself this morning down to 170.4 from like 175.8 or something. Weighed myself tonight and was 173 do to eating and such today. Gonna just weigh myself when I get up now 

This group has a wealth of experience to share what steps they took to lose weight, but nobody else can make you have the desire to actually take the actions.  That has to come from you.

Using MyFitnessPal app to set a weekly weight loss goal, track every morsel of food I eat, and then monitor my daily success has been 100% necessary for me.  Ditto for reporting into and checking into this thread to keep myself accountable.  Doing a daily weigh in has also helped.  Others are much more sophisticated; I’m just a simple guy from Wisconsin.  If it gets over complicated, it just gives me more ways to cheat the rules.
The bolded is true about me as well. 

Went 34 Cals over what I should've done today!!  :wall:  

Not gonna kick myself over this as this was a weird day. I had an 8 hr shift and was gonna leave at 7. Ate at work that dinner was leftovers from last night (so easy calculation in dinner there) but they asked me to stay 2 etc hours. Ended up with a Krispy Kreme Jelly Donut (Had one already today just plan glazed and shouldn't have had the 2nd) so when I ate dinner I was over. Also ate Ice Cream late last night that was almost 400 Cals right there so it ruins my whole day. 

Also Accidentally burnt my eggs this morning so I'm Sure that a few more cals not calculated. Need to learn what to do for snacking when at work but hard when you work in a grocery store. 

I'm eating better and already feel better though. Watching what I put in my body and trying to get more healthy. My lunch is consisting of some sort of yogurt, banana and clementines. Snack at work is consisting of Crackers. The Naked Juices are killing my Cals though as theres like over 200 in the mighty Mango I drink. Bai Water I drink is usually 10 cals so I'm getting my water intake too. With Plan water I'm getting close to 56FLOZ of Water a day which is great for me. 

Finally my stomach issues I would have every morning have seemed to go away and My pooping is becoming more normal. Also feeling more active too 

Not gonna kick myself over this as this was a weird day. I had an 8 hr shift and was gonna leave at 7. Ate at work that dinner was leftovers from last night (so easy calculation in dinner there) but they asked me to stay 2 etc hours. Ended up with a Krispy Kreme Jelly Donut (Had one already today just plan glazed and shouldn't have had the 2nd) so when I ate dinner I was over. Also ate Ice Cream late last night that was almost 400 Cals right there so it ruins my whole day. 

Also Accidentally burnt my eggs this morning so I'm Sure that a few more cals not calculated. Need to learn what to do for snacking when at work but hard when you work in a grocery store. 

I'm eating better and already feel better though. Watching what I put in my body and trying to get more healthy. My lunch is consisting of some sort of yogurt, banana and clementines. Snack at work is consisting of Crackers. The Naked Juices are killing my Cals though as theres like over 200 in the mighty Mango I drink. Bai Water I drink is usually 10 cals so I'm getting my water intake too. With Plan water I'm getting close to 56FLOZ of Water a day which is great for me. 

Finally my stomach issues I would have every morning have seemed to go away and My pooping is becoming more normal. Also feeling more active too 
Try you best to win every day but don’t freak if you have a bad day.   It happens.  Life happens.   If you miss the goal for the day, get back on track immediately.   Don’t fall back into the bad habits.  Make sure you win every week.  

Alright, I’ve got buckle down and go back to basics for a couple weeks.  Had a couple rough days back to back and am up 3-4 lbs from my low point (3 days in a row of weigh ins is my cutoff).   

Setting my goal to lose 2 lbs per week and will see where it ends up.  Frustrating to slip, but I knew it was happening.

Monday's are an easy day to post - Seems like a good starting point.  First Target is 190 - Long term target 175.  45, 6'0.

• April 12 -- 203.4
  • April 19 -- 201.7
Weighed in between 205 and 200.1 this week.   Walked 9 holes of golf Thursday and had my first soccer game yesterday in 18 months.  Couple days in hotels coming up will be a challenge on both the diet and exercise.
Went backwards - need a strategy for work travel that doesn't involve fast food.

May 1 - 205.4

I think I can turn it around and make some progress in May - more water, less processed carbs.

Went backwards - need a strategy for work travel that doesn't involve fast food.

May 1 - 205.4

I think I can turn it around and make some progress in May - more water, less processed carbs.
Is it travel by car, or by plane?  What meal(s) do you typically struggle the most with while traveling?

Is it travel by car, or by plane?  What meal(s) do you typically struggle the most with while traveling?
All car.  Sales rep visiting dealers, 2-3 per day. Cover KC metro and Springfield, MO area. 4-5 hours of car time 6 days a month, another 2-4 hours 6–8 days a month.  

I need to take the time to go inside and get a salad rather than double cheeseburgers in the car. 

All car.  Sales rep visiting dealers, 2-3 per day. Cover KC metro and Springfield, MO area. 4-5 hours of car time 6 days a month, another 2-4 hours 6–8 days a month.  

I need to take the time to go inside and get a salad rather than double cheeseburgers in the car. 
Or pack a cooler with food and set yourself a rule that you only eat what you pack in the morning for yourself.  I did that for awhile and it worked really well.  I simply didn’t allow myself to buy food.

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 26        191.3                -34.8                  -0.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1671
  • Apr 2           189.3                -36.8                 -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1507
  • Apr 9           188.4                -37.7                 -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1607
  • Apr 16         187.1                -39.0                 -1.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1540
  • Apr 23         186.0                -40.1                 -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1572
  • Apr 30         184.7                -41.4                 -1.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
So the streak lives another week.  Secondly, appropriately number 2 here, I pooped 5 out of 7 days.  That is my best output in quite some time :)

Nugget said:

I know it sounds crazy but I've been able to do my stuff via fast food, it all boils down to portion control.  A chipotle bowl (without things like sour cream and guac) can be about 720 calories.  An 8 pack of Chickfila nuggets are about 250 calories, throw in a fruit cup for another 50 or so. You just have to resist the urge to get those fries, sodas, or milkshakes.

Good luck!

DJackson10 said:

Don't kick yourself for being over by such a small amount.  It's hard to estimate your activity level and the amount you truly ate, so if you are that close you are probably doing way better than you were before.

Keep up the good work!

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 26        191.3                -34.8                  -0.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1671
  • Apr 2           189.3                -36.8                 -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1507
  • Apr 9           188.4                -37.7                 -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1607
  • Apr 16         187.1                -39.0                 -1.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1540
  • Apr 23         186.0                -40.1                 -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1572
  • Apr 30         184.7                -41.4                 -1.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
So the streak lives another week.  Secondly, appropriately number 2 here, I pooped 5 out of 7 days.  That is my best output in quite some time :)
Back eating or still doing the 8 nuggets for dinner thing?

Back eating or still doing the 8 nuggets for dinner thing?
I'm pretty much still doing the same thing.  Just trying portion control.  Amazingly I'm really not hungry at dinner so the 8 nuggets really seem like enough.  Today was a pseudo cheat day as I was visiting my Dad and he wanted Whataburger.  My lunch was 940 calories and dinner was 630, plus my 130 shake in the morning  so a total of 1700.  That's probably still beneath my TMEE thing Fred talks about it.  

For now, I don't plan on going back to eating how I was.  I just can't imagine how many calories I was eating every day to get up to that amount.  I would like to be able to eat a piece of birthday cake at a party or the occasional cup of ice cream, but overall I'm not missing it that much.

How are you doing on your journey? Pretty well the last I remember.

Alright, I’ve got buckle down and go back to basics for a couple weeks.  Had a couple rough days back to back and am up 3-4 lbs from my low point (3 days in a row of weigh ins is my cutoff).   

Setting my goal to lose 2 lbs per week and will see where it ends up.  Frustrating to slip, but I knew it was happening.
2 days in a row of lots of exercise paired with moderate eating.  Ended both days with about 300 calories to spare.   Going to keep this going for two weeks and see where I land.  Then need to make a few tweaks so that this is sustainable (eg don’t buy M&Ms, only buy a single donut instead of a half dozen “to share with the family”).

I'm pretty much still doing the same thing.  Just trying portion control.  Amazingly I'm really not hungry at dinner so the 8 nuggets really seem like enough.  Today was a pseudo cheat day as I was visiting my Dad and he wanted Whataburger.  My lunch was 940 calories and dinner was 630, plus my 130 shake in the morning  so a total of 1700.  That's probably still beneath my TMEE thing Fred talks about it.  

For now, I don't plan on going back to eating how I was.  I just can't imagine how many calories I was eating every day to get up to that amount.  I would like to be able to eat a piece of birthday cake at a party or the occasional cup of ice cream, but overall I'm not missing it that much.

How are you doing on your journey? Pretty well the last I remember.
Cool. Stay on it man. I’m doing well. Had to buy all new golf clothes to fit me. I could lose more. More maintaining than losing now. 

Poor planning led to a detour, but should be ready for some May flowers.

• April 12 -- 203.4
  • April 19 -- 201.7
  • April 26 -- 204.8
  • May 3 -- 202.6

Frank' Red Hot 

ZERO CALORIES!!!

I use this stuff all the time when I am grilling chicken breast or eating a rather dull skinless boneless piece of chix breast. 

Think Buffalo chicken without the breading and calories. Feel free to use a little blue cheese dressing or gorgonzola cheese to add some more flavor to an otherwise boring piece of chicken. 

Things I have learned from frequent weigh ins

Sodium matters. If I stay under calories but have salty dominos I will see my weight fluctuate up.

Trust the process. If I stay under calories each day it eventually works itself out. 

Pooping matters. Drink water, eat fiber. I had 38g fiber today and that's nowhere near my record. I love pooping.  Poop like me. Not like @Corporation. 

I weigh more at 6am than 7am if I don't eat or drink anything 

Booze bloats

Booze is still fun

Something bad about booze

Damn it i drank wine tonight 
Oatmeal, Berries, Nuts and Avocados help me get most of the way to around 20-25 a day if I'm lucky but the alternative is a couple days pass and MOP turns into an angry bitter old man. 

My wife this morning had me drop her off at work and the car ride was not pleasant. We didn't argue but i just sat there nodding and listening to crazyville, wife texts me an hour later to apologize and blamed it on being backed up let's say. Now think about how many bad decisions in this country have been made and continue to be made because someone can't #### right or on time when they wake up in the morning? Occasionally I don't have my first movement until the afternoon or evening and that is the absolute worst. All day you feel so sluggish, can't get anything done. 

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
Congrads Big Dog!!! I followed a very similar path last year and it's not easy to do. 

Maintenance or are we still losing? Waistline? Jacket size? You should enjoy walking into a clothing or suit store right now. 

Amazing and inspiring 👍

I know it sounds crazy but I've been able to do my stuff via fast food, it all boils down to portion control.  A chipotle bowl (without things like sour cream and guac) can be about 720 calories.  An 8 pack of Chickfila nuggets are about 250 calories, throw in a fruit cup for another 50 or so. You just have to resist the urge to get those fries, sodas, or milkshakes.

Good luck!
This is interesting so let's discuss. I think Chickfila is one of the better options for those watching or counting calories BUT there's a lot of bad stuff there too. And I can say this about eating out in general, it's not just fast food. I have been eating out a lot of late, more than I care to share and many of the meals are salad with fresh fish, but it's the steak fries and dark porter I order on the side that gets me in trouble. 

Many of us like to consume alcohol and in order to maintain or lose weight, first of all I usually do a ton of exercise and that burns a lot of the garbage off the top. But when I am not doing that I have to watch what i am eating more and I find it is harder when I am eating out and not cooking at home. 

Chipotle would be very similar to the beans n rice bowl I put together at the cantina down the street. I take the "puerco" soft tacos and simply dump them into the bowl and toss the tortilla shells away(100-150 cal?). But you have to be smart about it and I do think there is a sodium factor to a lot of the fast food chains. Where I go for my rice bowl, it's not a huge chain and I have had to actually ask for salt a couple times so I am pretty sure they don't over salt the food but again when you eat out it's much harder to control what you are eating. 

The flip side though is how can anyone who is super busy through their profession, who has the time to cook a good quality meal every day? Let alone 2-3 for breakfast lunch and dinner? It's naive to think you can pull it off so you are likely to eat out is what i am getting at. 

Good stuff sharing what you are doing. 

The flip side though is how can anyone who is super busy through their profession, who has the time to cook a good quality meal every day? Let alone 2-3 for breakfast lunch and dinner? It's naive to think you can pull it off so you are likely to eat out is what i am getting at. 
I don't cook breakfast but I do rinse my berries and put them in a bowl before I put in my yogurt so I guess that takes a c1ouple minutes. I microwave some vegetables and dump some sauce on them fairly often too. 

A couple times a week I'll cook something fun like baked potatoes or roasted veggies, or grill some burgers or chicken, maybe some steak tips or salmon or grilled pineapple or fruit salad. But a lot of my meals are prepared foods, I shop once a week at wegmans which is a whole foods, trader Joe's type of organic foods grocery store and I spend a premium over regular groceries but nowhere near the time or money it costs to go to restaurants. 

My groceries usually look something like

20 bucks for a huge container of cooked organic shrimp, split between two meals

30 to 40 bucks for other prepared foods (e.g. chicken quesadilla, sesame chicken, salads that aren't too bad for me)

1 lb ground turkey

One package boneless skinless chicken breasts

5 skyr

One package each strawberries raspberries and blueberries

Four microwavable bags of carrots broccoli and cauliflower 

Sauces for the chicken and vegetables 

Potatoes

Cauliflower rice, black beans, corn, eggs, english muffins, cheese, and milk and creamer for my coffee

Something interesting so I don't get bored with the same foods 

I know exactly what I'm putting in my body including the fiber and protein and sodium, I spend less, I don't have to worry about parking and waiting for a check... it's just much easier for me altogether.  If I go to a restaurant it's because my kid is excited about it or I want to be social, it's not the convenience, and in truth a lot of restaurant food now tastes like garbage to me because so much of it is salt sugar fat acid with the emphasis on the first 3

Congrads Big Dog!!! I followed a very similar path last year and it's not easy to do. 

Maintenance or are we still losing? Waistline? Jacket size? You should enjoy walking into a clothing or suit store right now. 

Amazing and inspiring 👍
I guess maintenance but I'm still losing some.  Just gonna keep these habits going and if I lose, I lose.  My real target was below 190 so as long as I'm floating under that I think I'm good.

Waist went from a tight 38 to a good fitting if still a little tight 34.  Haven't tried on a jacket due to the pandemic but I'd guess a 42 right now.

Thanks for the support!

After a week of almost no sugar, a bunch of salads, and more walking again, I’m holding steady at 197. But I pulled a 3xCorp and I’m hoping that will pay off tomorrow morning at weigh in time. Also had my annual exam today and they were very impressed with my loss since last year. 

Clown Car said:
After a week of almost no sugar, a bunch of salads, and more walking again, I’m holding steady at 197. But I pulled a 3xCorp and I’m hoping that will pay off tomorrow morning at weigh in time. Also had my annual exam today and they were very impressed with my loss since last year. 
196 this morning!!!

12/29: 268.6

4/27: 217.8

5/4: 213.8

So 18 weeks in and down 54.8 pounds. After going 3 weeks and gaining 3.4 pounds (making little cheats almost everyday and then going completely off plan for 3 days), I have stuck to plan the last two weeks and lost 7.4 pounds. I have 4 more weeks on the program and we will see how close I get to the 75-80 pounds which was my goal at the start. It is definitely a marathon and not a sprint. I had my first workout with a personal trainer last Friday, which let me know just how out of shape I am. Just getting your body to do an exercise the right way is difficult. I was sore all weekend. But I have scheduled once a week sessions for ten weeks and she is going to give me exercises to do during the week. A lot of movement excercises, stretching, and light free weights. It's nice getting the positive reinforcement from people who see you and comment about your weight loss and it is nice to drop sizes in clothes. Physically, I feel really good right now.

Clown Car said:
3X Corp 😂

12/29: 268.6

4/27: 217.8

5/4: 213.8

So 18 weeks in and down 54.8 pounds. After going 3 weeks and gaining 3.4 pounds (making little cheats almost everyday and then going completely off plan for 3 days), I have stuck to plan the last two weeks and lost 7.4 pounds. I have 4 more weeks on the program and we will see how close I get to the 75-80 pounds which was my goal at the start. It is definitely a marathon and not a sprint. I had my first workout with a personal trainer last Friday, which let me know just how out of shape I am. Just getting your body to do an exercise the right way is difficult. I was sore all weekend. But I have scheduled once a week sessions for ten weeks and she is going to give me exercises to do during the week. A lot of movement excercises, stretching, and light free weights. It's nice getting the positive reinforcement from people who see you and comment about your weight loss and it is nice to drop sizes in clothes. Physically, I feel really good right now.
This is just incredible!

I'm where you are now, I've lost weight but need to get fitter.  I'm getting cardio in but can't do anything because of my shoulder.  Even if I'm not using my left arm, if I move it the wrong way it pretty much stops what I'm doing.  Getting news from the orthopedic tomorrow so we will see what happens.  I'm ready to get in better shape.

Clown Car said:
196 this morning!!!
This is wonderful news!  Keep the trend going the right way and don't let small increases get you down if they happen.  Keep doing the right thing and you will continue to see the results!

Tuna salad is my staple.  I make it (3 cans worth) on Sundays and pack a cooler every day to take to the office.  It's good for 3-4 days easy.  I love tuna and I make a great tuna salad so it's very effective although it does get boring.  Apples provide the sweet/sugar rush needed to avoid sweets - omg pink lady are the best.

7/20/2020 = 207.4 in 36/38 jeans
Today = 161.4 in 31 jeans

I've been holding steady at 160ish since January.  I have another 10 I can lose for sure but it's being super stubborn.

Tuna salad is my staple.  I make it (3 cans worth) on Sundays and pack a cooler every day to take to the office.  It's good for 3-4 days easy.  I love tuna and I make a great tuna salad so it's very effective although it does get boring.  Apples provide the sweet/sugar rush needed to avoid sweets - omg pink lady are the best.

7/20/2020 = 207.4 in 36/38 jeans
Today = 161.4 in 31 jeans

I've been holding steady at 160ish since January.  I have another 10 I can lose for sure but it's being super stubborn.
Wow!  Awesome job!  

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • May 7          183.2                -42.9                 -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1580
So the streak lives another week.  Really can't believe it.  I'm going to the beach tomorrow so won't be able to weigh at all next week, and then I'm having the long awaited shoulder surgery on May 18th, so I imagine this is the end of the line for the consecutive weeks of losing weight.

I hope everyone is doing well on their plan!

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • May 7          183.2                -42.9                 -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1580
So the streak lives another week.  Really can't believe it.  I'm going to the beach tomorrow so won't be able to weigh at all next week, and then I'm having the long awaited shoulder surgery on May 18th, so I imagine this is the end of the line for the consecutive weeks of losing weight.

I hope everyone is doing well on their plan!
Great job!!!

Anybody else still doing this?   Has everyone packed it in already?  C’mon you all, if you are still doing this, get in here and update us.  It will provide motivation for others and accountability for you.

I’ve been back at it seriously for about a week now.  Had a “cheat day” last Friday while visiting my parents.  Ate homemade brownies with my dad.  It was awesome.   Despite that, I’m down almost 1 lb in the past week, and closing in on my target weight again. (2.5 lbs away)  Have been sticking with the push-up plan and am doing 200-225 3-4x per week.  When I saw my parents (for the first time since starting the push-up plan) they both said “you look stronger somehow, or have you put on a bunch of weight?”  Lol.  I took it as a compliment anyway.

Hope you all are finding ways to keep getting healthier!

Great job!!!

Anybody else still doing this?   Has everyone packed it in already?  C’mon you all, if you are still doing this, get in here and update us.  It will provide motivation for others and accountability for you.

I’ve been back at it seriously for about a week now.  Had a “cheat day” last Friday while visiting my parents.  Ate homemade brownies with my dad.  It was awesome.   Despite that, I’m down almost 1 lb in the past week, and closing in on my target weight again. (2.5 lbs away)  Have been sticking with the push-up plan and am doing 200-225 3-4x per week.  When I saw my parents (for the first time since starting the push-up plan) they both said “you look stronger somehow, or have you put on a bunch of weight?”  Lol.  I took it as a compliment anyway.

Hope you all are finding ways to keep getting healthier!
This is usually the time of year the otis diet thread (and others) grind to a halt. Would love it if that doesn't happen this year though.

This is usually the time of year the otis diet thread (and others) grind to a halt. Would love it if that doesn't happen this year though.
This time of year......is like how I feel about running uphill in a race.  When others are feeling deflated, that's when I make my move!  ;)    

Seriously, it's time for anyone who wants to make this happen.....to step it up.   This is all about building good habits and consistently doing the simple things that add up to success.

I'm going to stick around here even if nobody else does.

Users who are viewing this thread