What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (2 Viewers)

I will say...riced cauliflower is actually pretty good and a nice sub for rice in some things.

That along with using a vegetable peeler to make zucchini into strips to sub for pasta have been great for me.  Boxed pasta is pretty blah anyway...so zucchini works as a great sub when done right.  Now fresh pasta it can’t touch.

Next i am trying zucchini sliced on n the mandolin as a sub for lasagna noodles.

Last edited by a moderator:
129g protein 

35g fiber 

1373mg sodium

257 calories to spare

Pushups and lifting with a half hour each of walking and jogging.

Feel really good but tired, need to catch up on rest this weekend.
This is a good way to summarize (some of) what I need to start shifting toward tracking.....

sho nuff said:
That is my trouble spot...that 9:30-10pm hunger.   
When I’m dieting, I have a bowl of grapes + a sugar-free chocolate pudding every night before bed. Very satisfying and something to look forward to after dinner / before bed. Think it helps with regularity too.  :thumbup:

I didn’t realize how healthy frozen corn is.  I love corn.  It’s a great feeling when you discover a food that’s healthy that you actually really like.  
We get like 10 dozen ears of the good stuff over the summer and process it into freezer bags. Use it for soups, salads, etc all winter long. So much better than the regular grocery store stuff. 

When I’m dieting, I have a bowl of grapes + a sugar-free chocolate pudding every night before bed. Very satisfying and something to look forward to after dinner / before bed. Think it helps with regularity too.  :thumbup:
Grapes suck though.  Seriously...I have tried to like both grapes and apples over the years.  Simple little healthy snacks.  Just do not like the flavor or textures at all and can't do it.

My go to for a little sweet is a sugar free pudding if we have them.  But we always have the Kroger Carbmaster yogurt which I like...that with a serving of wild blueberries (keep a frozen bag for smoothies..I try and think ahead and keep a handful in a ziplock in the fridge to thaw for later in the nights).

Salty snack is typically a mini 100 cal bag of microwave popcorn.  But we are about to get an air popper to keep it even healthier and just add our own "better for us" seasonings.

Hit 225 at one point

Start 223 somewhere for this...

• 12/28 221.6
  • 12/29 220.4
  • 12/30 219.8
  • 1/1 218.6
  • 1/4 220.2
  • 1/5 219.6
  • 1/6 218.4
  • 1/7 218.0
  • 1/9 218.0
  • 1/15 216.8
  • 1/21 215.4
  • 1/29 214.8
  • 2/4  213.6
I'll feel a lot better when i get that 209 intermediate goal :)
2/5 213.

I would love to get to 200 by 3/2 have a fitting. I know that's not realistic but hopeful
2/13 213.6

sho nuff said:
That is my trouble spot...that 9:30-10pm hunger.  
Given the ailments you're battling this may not work, but my greatest tool against this behemoth is a harder workout. Certainly not every day,, but 2-3 timea per week when healthy. When I do I am more tired and go to bed before that 10 pm tempest can do her work. I then sleep more and reap those benefits too.

Given the ailments you're battling this may not work, but my greatest tool against this behemoth is a harder workout. Certainly not every day,, but 2-3 timea per week when healthy. When I do I am more tired and go to bed before that 10 pm tempest can do her work. I then sleep more and reap those benefits too.
Well my own schedule may be changing where my workouts and runs move to the evening rather than morning which would help accomplish this some as well.

Well my own schedule may be changing where my workouts and runs move to the evening rather than morning which would help accomplish this some as well.
Not knowing what you mean by evening, but my 5 pm workout days help curb this too. I eat my post workout cottage cheese/greek yogurt and fruit around 6, dinner closer to 8 rather than 6something, then am generally in bed before I think about eating again. 

Not knowing what you mean by evening, but my 5 pm workout days help curb this too. I eat my post workout cottage cheese/greek yogurt and fruit around 6, dinner closer to 8 rather than 6something, then am generally in bed before I think about eating again. 
I mean working out closer to 8ish.  Family and activities make eating much later than 6 pretty hard.  Though, a couple days of week when my daughter has dance...I can do that.  But typically we eat by 6...give enough time for food to settle in...I can get in an hour or two around 7:30-8.  Then an easier post workout snack which I can get ready before the workout if something needs to be prepared.  Its what I used to do several years ago when i was actually training for half marathons and the one marathon I did.

I didn’t realize how healthy frozen corn is.  I love corn.  It’s a great feeling when you discover a food that’s healthy that you actually really like.  
Go easy with the corn especially if you're looking to drop weight.  Starchy carbs like corn are packed with sugar.  

An entire cup of canned corn is about 120 calories.  That isn’t a giant amount at all.  A cob of sweet corn is about 100 calories.
Yeah, relatively speaking the macros aren't crazy.  I love a good grilled ear of corn.  I'm just comparing to healthier veggie options with a fraction of the calories and none of the sugar.  I have friends that will think they're eating healthy because they're having 'veggies' i.e. corn with every meal.  It's a good veggie treat but shouldn't be an everyday vegetable imo.  

Yeah, relatively speaking the macros aren't crazy.  I love a good grilled ear of corn.  I'm just comparing to healthier veggie options with a fraction of the calories and none of the sugar.  I have friends that will think they're eating healthy because they're having 'veggies' i.e. corn with every meal.  It's a good veggie treat but shouldn't be an everyday vegetable imo.  
Got it.  Makes perfect sense.  I think of it almost as a grain rather than a veggie for the reasons you mention.

130 protein

28 fiber

1955 sodium 

About 200 calories left over

Yoga, MAF run, long walk and push ups

Drank a ton of water and took a nap, muscles feel a lot better. Have been doing daily pushups and lifting every other day, but might take an extra day of rest here or there so I can catch up.  

We’re on the road today and tomorrow, and per advice a couple of weeks ago I had great plans to eat healthy.  Which I managed this morning and at lunch — but......I caved and decided to get Nashville hot chicken takeout tonight.  I love hot chicken so much.  

All that said, I just wrapped up two weeks of decently healthy eating paired with on average 14.5 miles per day of running/walking combo.   Won’t get to weigh myself until tomorrow evening, but I’m pretty confident I lost a tiny bit of weight the past two weeks.  My goal remains to do strength building and healthier eating, tonight notwithstanding.

Oh, average calories per day the past two weeks:  2100-2200 per day.  

Beginning on Monday, I’m going to start tracking more stuff, in line with BF.  I need that level of discipline and accountability.

Well, wine streak was broken. Put a spatchcocked turkey on the smoker with phenomenal sides, including green beans, mushrooms and shallots and a corn, Anaheim Chile pudding. Screamed for a good wine so me and the Mrs split a bottle of Joseph Phelps Pinot. Made it our Valentine’s Day dinner. Good news is I walked about 7 miles playing golf today plus did a 45 minute jaunt with my dog. One time. Don’t want the calories that comes with every day red wine. 

Much like last week, if you're indulging tonight then make up for it both today and during the week that follows. Make a plan to get you to tonight and also the days after. Steak, wine, and chocolate covered strawberries are cool, so consider skipping lunch and munching on some raw veggies and a hard boiled egg. Before the storm rolls in go get food for the next couple days. And remember grocery store sushi isn't a bad thing.

Much like last week, if you're indulging tonight then make up for it both today and during the week that follows. Make a plan to get you to tonight and also the days after. Steak, wine, and chocolate covered strawberries are cool, so consider skipping lunch and munching on some raw veggies and a hard boiled egg. Before the storm rolls in go get food for the next couple days. And remember grocery store sushi isn't a bad thing.
Yeah...I know my plan going into tonight.  But not much of an indulgence other than a really good steak and one glass of wine.  And even the steak is a sensible portion and a filet.  Not a giant bone in ribeye.  With roasted red potatoes (again, watching portion size), and a baked spinach that I have gotten good about controlling the cheese and salt content (lots of garlic and spices help...as well as fresh spinach over the frozen I use during the week often because of time).  Also, only getting enough bread for the kids to have some rather than making it for everyone.

Agree on food planning...did that friday.  Plenty of chicken and pork loin in the freezer, frozen and fresh veggies.  Plenty of propane and charcoal for the grills.

I stepped on a scale for the first time in about a year last night. Oh my. I'm in. Count me in here. I was stunned, though I shouldn't have been. I'm not fitting into newer clothes. I've outgrown them.

Whoops.

:blackdot:
Welcome to the thread. I don't know how much you weigh or how much you've gained but if you're having to fitting into your clothes, try buying some good quality boxer briefs one size bigger from a Duluth or Tommy John type of place. Unsqueezing things will change your perspective. 

Welcome to the thread. I don't know how much you weigh or how much you've gained but if you're having to fitting into your clothes, try buying some good quality boxer briefs one size bigger from a Duluth or Tommy John type of place. Unsqueezing things will change your perspective. 
I fluctuate in weight so rapidly and have been up and way beyond my current weight, so I've got some undies that fit, bfred. Thanks, though. 🤣

That said, I don't think that right now diet is the main problem (though I could be wrong upon further inspection, and that's aside from six-seven hundred calories a day in protein bars) it's my completely sedentary existence. Sometime in the next few days I'm going to have to get on the elliptical downstairs and go at it. And deal with a little hunger instead of jamming another protein bar in my gullet.

Made huge four egg omelettes for the wife and myself with sides of a light multi grain english muffin, black beans, diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, and guacamole. 800 calories each and worth every minute of the treadmill later.

Cutting up a chicken breast and some of the leftover tomatoes from breakfast in a tortilla for lunch, 430.

Will make some butternut squash ravioli at 280 calories and light shrimp scampi with a small serving of angel hair cooked in olive oil and garlic for 489 to put me at 1999 for the day. So I just need to burn about 500 calories plus any lindt balls I accidentally eat and I should be good. 

Trying to meal prep to get ahead of it thus week.  Ditching the salad to break my fast and replacing with overnight oats. Was missing out on top many nutrients with the salads, specifically magnesium, iron, and vitamin D, as well as fiber. Going with 1/2 c oats, 2 T each of flax, chia, and PB2, and protein powder and a cup of oat milk

Thanksgiving to Christmas: 229.2 to 220.4.

New Years to Valentine's Day: 220.0 to 212.0

I mentioned that I fell off the wagon a bit when helping my folks move Superbowl weekend, but I'm back on and got down to 212. When helping with the move, several family members said "Wow, you've lost weight!" which was a huge mental boost. The new goal is 210 by end of the month and then 200 my Easter. I think that's doable. Mpls will be coming out of the deep freeze in a day or three and I can start running outside again, which will be a big mental and physical boost. 

We're getting healthy and making good lifestyle changes. Keep it up everybody!

Lowest calorie, satisfying, chocolate fix under 100 cals?? I need it, man. I need it bad.

4 hershey kisses the best we have at 88 cals? I hate having a bag sit around cause 1 more is only 22, and so on, and so on.

4 weeks: 202.5 to 194 lbs. 1450 cals/day. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                  Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                  Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                  Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                   -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                   -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 13        199.5                -26.6                                          1580
  • Feb 14        199.9                -26.2
Sub 200!  It was touch and go but made it under 200 by Valentine's (and stayed under barely, daily fluctuation).  This thread has been instrumental in my success and I hope others are getting the same benefit.  I guess I'll look at 190 from here.  It has just been too cold for me to be very active, but I hope to increase that when spring arrives.  Also hoping to avoid shoulder surgery as that would delay my activities, having an MRI on Tuesday after I've done PT the last 3 weeks.

Lowest calorie, satisfying, chocolate fix under 100 cals?? I need it, man. I need it bad.

4 hershey kisses the best we have at 88 cals? I hate having a bag sit around cause 1 more is only 22, and so on, and so on.

Melt some chocolate chips and make chocolate covered berries

Freeze a banana and throw it in a blender with some cocoa powder, the vegans call it nice cream and swear it tastes exactly the same

Get chocolate protein powder and make a shake instead of empty calories 

Buy a big bag and measure out 21 m&ms into one of those sunday Monday Tuesday things old people use to keep track of their prescriptions. 21 is almost exactly calories (serving size 32 pieces, 140 cals per serving). 

Have a lindt ball those are about 80 calories each. 

Thanksgiving to Christmas: 229.2 to 220.4.

New Years to Valentine's Day: 220.0 to 212.0

4 weeks: 202.5 to 194 lbs. 

• Nov 27         226.1      
  • Feb 14        199.9                -26.2
Sub 200!  

Jan 1 208

Valentine’s Day 197

12/28 221.6

2/13 213.6
Love this. Love all of this. 

I'm envious to see three of you reaching Onederland, and a couple of you within striking distance.  It still hasn't fully clicked that I'm down as many pounds as I am... seeing people start around my current weight and get to my goal weight and talk about what next... it makes it real and that's so motivating. 

Went to Whole Foods yesterday and got an order from Thrive Market to load up on keto-friendly foods and snacks. I’m afraid of getting bored with the same old foods, so wanted to have some variety around.  I have noticed that weird keto-taste/breath and my lips are chapped, both things that have happened in the past in the early days of keto.  No keto flu though.  Have been drinking a no-calorie electrolyte drink a few times a day, I think that really helps. 

Tried some shirataki noodles with grass-fed beef meatballs, olive oil, and a little marinara with Parmesan for lunch today.  Man those things stink, it’s like a fishy smell. Rinsed the hell out of them, still smelled a bit, but once I mixed them in with the sauce they were fine. 

I’ll do “official” weigh ins on Monday mornings, hope to be down 3-5 lbs in this first week, and targeting 2-3 lbs per week for the next couple of weeks before slowing to a more sustainable pound or two a week. 

Healthy Choice Fudge Bars are money.  Can also get 2 pieces of sugar free candy from Russell Stover at about 100 calories.  Made with Stevia.  Or if you don't care about sugar have 1 square of dark chocolate

Healthy Choice Fudge Bars are money.  Can also get 2 pieces of sugar free candy from Russell Stover at about 100 calories.  Made with Stevia.  Or if you don't care about sugar have 1 square of dark chocolate
The square of dark chocolate has long been my go-to for that craving. 

154g protein

32g fiber

2480 mg sodium ☹ 

217 calories left over

50 minutes of challenging yoga, lifted and did my 100 daily pushups, walked 30 minutes and did a MAF 5k. Noticed my heart rate stayed lower at the same speed (5.5) I've been doing the last few days. I think I will keep doing this for a little while and then bump up the speed to 5.6 or 5.7 one day, bump up the distance to 3.5 another day, do a fast 5k another day and do intervals another day. Rowing will probably be my recovery day workout or complement the other stuff on non lifting days. 

Trying to meal prep to get ahead of it thus week.  Ditching the salad to break my fast and replacing with overnight oats. Was missing out on top many nutrients with the salads, specifically magnesium, iron, and vitamin D, as well as fiber. Going with 1/2 c oats, 2 T each of flax, chia, and PB2, and protein powder and a cup of oat milk
Cronometer stats overnight oats...

Crono Oats

After ice last night and snow today...looking like a few days on the treadmill and at odd times around my wife's work schedule (treadmill in the same room as her home office).  Guess I will be firing up and binging True Detective to get through that boredom.

Users who are viewing this thread