What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (1 Viewer)

bostonfred said:
This can be the right thread. Everyone is struggling with energy and motivation right now. But this is a rare opportunity to embrace the suck and do the sucky things that we know we need to do so we can enjoy ourselves when or if things get back to normal. 
hah, i was thinking the same kind of thing. The first month or so is easy to keep it all going, and thought once February hit the push slows a bit. Nice to hop in this thread and seeing people feel similar and just having to put our head down and bust through it. 

Always odd how things fluctuate.

So was already happy with where I weighed in yesterday...then today...holy crap, down 2.4 from yesterday?  So many things could affect that of course.

Had been feeling a little more backed up than usual this week.  But got a bit more cleared out yesterday, and then had the urge this morning upon waking up and before weigh in as well.  And again after my 2nd cup of coffee.  So my progress could be even better than I thought yesterday.  We will see how the coming days go as far as weigh ins...but it certainly was nice to have the surprise vs. those surprises when you see the scale and its up over the previous days.

Back again for my periodic check-in. Glad to see that so many of you are making gains and sticking to it. Even when there is a slip, you're back at it and dedicated. Well done. 

Still doing the lazy Keto thing. Been watching carbs pretty tightly but will have some fruit (apple or orange usually) a couple of times per week. Been avoiding starches and simple carbs (bread, pasta, potatoes) pretty consistently. Last night was pork tenderloin on the grill with oven roasted broccoli & cauliflower. Pretty easy to do the Keto diet now that my wife and I have been doing it for 1+ years. Avoiding the high carb stuff is pretty easy now, even with a 16-year old in the house whose go-to meals are Orange Chicken and rice from Trader Joes or some sort of pasta. I made a great Bolognese sauce last weekend and just substituted plant-based  Miracle Noodles for regular pasta. Not quite the same experience but those noodles are a decent substitute. 

I don't weigh myself everyday and when I do, it's usually on the weekend after I go for a run as it's when I feel like I'm at my "lightest". Hey, as long as I'm consistent with when I weigh myself, that works for me. 

Since I really started on 1/1, I'm down 12 lbs after 7 weeks. A little less than 2 lbs/week. I think I'm building a little muscle so I'll accept that in exchange for the slower than normal weight loss in February.

1/1 - 234 lbs
1/5 - 232 lbs
1/13 - 230 lbs
1/19 - 228 lbs
1/31 - 224 lbs
2/11 - 224 lbs
2/21 - 222 lbs

I have been at 10k+ steps every day since January 1 except for two days that I fell asleep prior to midnight without realizing I hadn't hit 10k for the day. I'm still averaging about 11.5k steps since 1/1. Some days are harder than others, especially when I realize I am sitting at my desk all day and only have 2500-3000 steps at 6p. I can expect 1000 steps/10 minutes walking so if I'm 6k-7k steps down, I know that's going to be at least an hour walk. I'll also throw a run in there if I want to churn some more steps quicker. It hasn't been a huge struggle to hit 10k every day but there have been plenty of nights where I would prefer to sit on the couch and watch some TV or be on my computer in the evening but nope, it's time to get my ### up and outside to get to get to  that magic number of 10k. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2/9:  217.4, 29.7% body fat

2/10: 214.1, 29.1%

(I know the body fat percentage aren't totally accurate, but they are good for measuring trends.)
2/15:  211.8, 28.9% body fat

Good start, always nice to see the lbs come off on the scale even when I know a lot of it is water.  I already feel less puffy, that's for sure.  
Stalled out this week, not sure why.  My mouth tastes bad so pretty sure I'm in ketosis!  But body fat did tick down a little, which I suppose is the real point.  My first weigh in the scale said 64.6 lbs of fat, down to 60.2 now.  

2/22:  212.3, 28.4%

If I stay stalled out it may be time to mix in some IF.

168g protein

63g fiber

2663mg sodium (2300 goal)

360 calories under goal

Ran a MAF 5k. 100 pushups. Hour of really hard yoga. No sugar in my coffee.   Got a blood pressure monitor and used it probably 6 times today, it was better than I had thought. Going lower sodium recently, exercising a ton and losing weight probably doesn't hurt. Who knew?
What is a MAF 5k?

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                  Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                  Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                  Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                   -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                   -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                   -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 20        199.2                -26.9                                          1540
  • Feb 21        199.2                -26.9                                          1360
  • Feb 22        198.1                -28.0
This is a long haul journey and I'm a little fatigued.  Had to get an MRI last week and then had a potential exposure to covid, so had to get tested (rapid and pcr negative).  The doctor did say "Hey, you want something for that sinus infection?"  Was feeling run down and wanted comfort food, but stuck with the plan.  

Good luck all and keep it up!

Stalled out this week, not sure why.  My mouth tastes bad so pretty sure I'm in ketosis!  But body fat did tick down a little, which I suppose is the real point.  My first weigh in the scale said 64.6 lbs of fat, down to 60.2 now.  

2/22:  212.3, 28.4%

If I stay stalled out it may be time to mix in some IF.
Everyone is different and as fred likes to say "I'm no doctor" but when I feel like my body is in ketosis, it may be time for a cheat day.  Probably not a Super Bowl type cheat day, but more food than you have been eating to let your body know "There's food around, so you can go back to your regular metabolic processing."  Too many days of low calories I think causes the body to stall out. 

What is a MAF 5k?
3.1 miles or 5k running, at MAF pace, which is the pace for maximum aerobic fitness or something like that.

Basically try to keep your heart rate at 180 minus your age plus 5 if you've been running a while but minus 10 if you've been injured recently etc.  I try to stay around 140 but it usually creeps up a bit by the end.  I'm literally running 5.5 or 5.6 mph on the treadmill and that's up from the 5.2 or 5.3 I used to do. It feels painfully slow at first but it helps. 

The goal is to run at a conversational pace instead of race pace. If you run 80 percent of your runs slow then the fast ones improve more which seems totally counter intuitive.

Google MAF phil mafatone running if you want more info 

3 calories below limit today,...

By the way, this Wyze scale is awesome.  I think it was like 40 bucks, and it spits out all kinds of awesome data.

A few updates:

Weighed in this morning at 228.2.  That’s down from over 240 on January 1.  I’ll take it.

My BMI today is 27.8.  That’s right in the middle of the overweight scale, and I’m just a couple points to “Normal” (25).  Will be there shortly. 

My protein level is only 14.4%.  Suggesting I should be closer to 18%.  I need to work on that part of my diet.

My visceral fat — fat that’s stored within the abdominal cavity — is actually surprisingly OK at 11, when it projects me at being at more like 12.

BMR at 1928.  That’s good, it makes my 1610 MFP daily target make a lot more sense.  

Muscle Mass at 149.2lb.  I’m on the high end here, above the threshold of 130.9 that gets me into the top range.  Proves what I’ve been saying all along I’M NOT FAT I’M ATHLETIC.  Seriously though, that’s not a bad sign.  All the working out I did at the local gym bench pressing 90lb dumbbells and doing deadlifts at 5am at least weren’t a total waste of my life.  Maybe this is where I cash in on that effort. 

...But then again body fat percentage at 30.3% is on the high end, above the 28% that puts you into the red range at the top.  Yuck..... (don’t know how this jibes with the muscle mass thing above, but whatevs).

Metabolic age at exactly the average for my actual age.  I guess that’s not terrible — but I’d like to be above average damnit.  Work to do there....

I barely ate today.  Had some chicken breasts and white wine before bed and a little sweets, otherwise didn’t eat much all day.  Staying the course...

CHEAT ALERT: a buddy of mine is making a long road trip with me on Monday and is bringing special Italian subs from Dom’s.  This stuff is the real deal.  I’m going to overeat during that drive down.  I’ll skip breakfast and have a light or no dinner to make up for it, but I’m eating that sub.  I’m planning for it days in advance.  but it’s happening.  
Just got one of these and used it for the first time. 

Weight 221.2 (at lunchtime)

BMI 32... my goal is to hit 208.6lbs by Easter which would put me at 29.9 and go from obese to overweight 

Protein is 14.5% 

Visceral fat 13%

BMR 1889 calories myfitnesspal has me at 1500 daily to lose 2lbs/week

Muscle mass 145.5

Body fat 29.9% - I can only imagine what it was when I started... getting under 30 would have been a nice milestone

Metabolic age 43 (I'm 45, suck it average 45 year olds)

Will be interested to see if I can get that muscle mass up, I know it's not super accurate but it would be nice to see a trend upwards. I'm hoping that 208.6 lbs will get my BMI down to 29.9 but also get my body fat below 28 percent, even though both are arbitrary goals it would be cool to see that kind of validation. 

153g protein

34g fiber

2948mg sodium

48 calories to spare 

Lifted, did my daily 100 pushups and ran a MAF 5k again. Sodium was good all day but ended up high because I used up some jarred sauce in my cabinet to make a ground turkey meat sauce.  I'm ok with that, because my blood pressure monitor has been floating around 120/80 after checking it several times today.  F yeah. I'll still try to stay under 2300mg, but I'm not going to panic that I've gone over a couple times this week.

1/31: 328

2/11: 317
2/17: 314

2/22: 312

Checked my ketone levels and much lower than I expected. I think the culprit is the Crystal Light type drinks I drink which I do to help guard against kidney stones. So, I am going to knock most of that out and replace with water. If I drink enough water, I think I should be ok. Drinking it is just adding too many carbs in volume I currently drink it. 

Checked my ketone levels and much lower than I expected. I think the culprit is the Crystal Light type drinks I drink which I do to help guard against kidney stones. So, I am going to knock most of that out and replace with water. If I drink enough water, I think I should be ok. Drinking it is just adding too many carbs in volume I currently drink it. 
16 pounds already that is amazing. Think how great it will feel to see a 2 on that scale. 

Keep up the good work man.  Glad to see you around the board.  It's been a long time since we traded messages.

3.1 miles or 5k running, at MAF pace, which is the pace for maximum aerobic fitness or something like that.

Basically try to keep your heart rate at 180 minus your age plus 5 if you've been running a while but minus 10 if you've been injured recently etc.  I try to stay around 140 but it usually creeps up a bit by the end.  I'm literally running 5.5 or 5.6 mph on the treadmill and that's up from the 5.2 or 5.3 I used to do. It feels painfully slow at first but it helps. 

The goal is to run at a conversational pace instead of race pace. If you run 80 percent of your runs slow then the fast ones improve more which seems totally counter intuitive.

Google MAF phil mafatone running if you want more info 
I like MAF and I think it helped me quite a bit. I’m on a gym treadmill now for an hour max, so it doesn’t really work for now. When I can get a longer run in, I’ll use it for half my runs.

I found it helped my breathing a great deal, but the slow speeds can be embarrassing.

Back again for my periodic check-in. Glad to see that so many of you are making gains and sticking to it. Even when there is a slip, you're back at it and dedicated. Well done. 

Still doing the lazy Keto thing. Been watching carbs pretty tightly but will have some fruit (apple or orange usually) a couple of times per week. Been avoiding starches and simple carbs (bread, pasta, potatoes) pretty consistently. Last night was pork tenderloin on the grill with oven roasted broccoli & cauliflower. Pretty easy to do the Keto diet now that my wife and I have been doing it for 1+ years. Avoiding the high carb stuff is pretty easy now, even with a 16-year old in the house whose go-to meals are Orange Chicken and rice from Trader Joes or some sort of pasta. I made a great Bolognese sauce last weekend and just substituted plant-based  Miracle Noodles for regular pasta. Not quite the same experience but those noodles are a decent substitute. 

I don't weigh myself everyday and when I do, it's usually on the weekend after I go for a run as it's when I feel like I'm at my "lightest". Hey, as long as I'm consistent with when I weigh myself, that works for me. 

Since I really started on 1/1, I'm down 12 lbs after 7 weeks. A little less than 2 lbs/week. I think I'm building a little muscle so I'll accept that in exchange for the slower than normal weight loss in February.

1/1 - 234 lbs
1/5 - 232 lbs
1/13 - 230 lbs
1/19 - 228 lbs
1/31 - 224 lbs
2/11 - 224 lbs
2/21 - 222 lbs

I have been at 10k+ steps every day since January 1 except for two days that I fell asleep prior to midnight without realizing I hadn't hit 10k for the day. I'm still averaging about 11.5k steps since 1/1. Some days are harder than others, especially when I realize I am sitting at my desk all day and only have 2500-3000 steps at 6p. I can expect 1000 steps/10 minutes walking so if I'm 6k-7k steps down, I know that's going to be at least an hour walk. I'll also throw a run in there if I want to churn some more steps quicker. It hasn't been a huge struggle to hit 10k every day but there have been plenty of nights where I would prefer to sit on the couch and watch some TV or be on my computer in the evening but nope, it's time to get my ### up and outside to get to get to  that magic number of 10k. 
Inspiring.  I've done late walks for 45 minutes to an hour when my step counts have been low but haven't been overly religious about it.  I need to be.  Going tonight.  Today was one of those long desk Mondays. 

12/29: 268.6

2/9: 239.6

Down 3.4 pounds this week, and 29 pounds total after 6 weeks. Started some intermittent running this week. Was able to do a little over a quarter mile at a time. Hoping to get that up to a half mile this week. Baby steps. Still feeling good and like that my fat pants are getting pretty loose, and will soon be able to jump down to a smaller size.
2/16: 235.4

2/23: 235.4

I live in Houston and was without power and water for 4 days. As a result, I was off my diet for 4 days. Weighed myself on Saturday morning and was up 6 pounds (mostly water weight I am sure). After 3 days back on the diet, the 6 pounds was gone. So 33.2 pounds in 8 weeks. Looking forward to getting in the 220's. 

Yeah...yesterday's severe drop was an illusion it seems.  Back to where I thought Id be from the previous days of slow weight loss.  Was nice for that day though and happy I didn't let it affect me thinking I could eat a little more.

Actually finding myself not nearly as hungry throughout the day as i changed up some of the foods I have been eating.  And portioning my more tempting treats way better.  As well as my own meal portions.

I pulled an Otis, gained some weight over the last week. I've been bored eating and stressed eating. Weighed in this morning at 213.8, up from 212 a week ago. The number isn't so important as I just need to stop the bad habits and get back to normal eating. 

On an exercise front, it's crazy how much 7-10 days of reduced activity can set you back. I did some biking while we were in the deep freeze, but little running. I went for a run yesterday (it was 40 degrees!) and my legs felt like lead weights. But today is a new day so hopefully the legs respond better when I go out today. 

I pulled an Otis, gained some weight over the last week. I've been bored eating and stressed eating. Weighed in this morning at 213.8, up from 212 a week ago. The number isn't so important as I just need to stop the bad habits and get back to normal eating. 

On an exercise front, it's crazy how much 7-10 days of reduced activity can set you back. I did some biking while we were in the deep freeze, but little running. I went for a run yesterday (it was 40 degrees!) and my legs felt like lead weights. But today is a new day so hopefully the legs respond better when I go out today. 
I had to reduce when I started working out again yesterday I could feel how sore my muscles were

Just haven't had the motivation to do MFP and haven't been weighing as often.

Jan 1   274.4

Feb 1   256.4  - 18.0 lbs

Feb 7  xxx.x  -  xx.x lbs, 7000 cal

Feb 8  260.4 - 14.0 lbs, 450 cal

Feb 9  258.2 - 16.2 lbs, 950 cal, lift, run...no jog...no waddled 5 miles.

Feb 23 252.2 - 22.2 lbs

Goals for the month

Weight - 249.4 or lower on two different days.  Not looking promising.

Treadmill mile - 9:00.  Check 8:40 yesterday.

Bench press - 225 x 6 reps.  I think I'm ready to attempt this.

Just haven't had the motivation to do MFP and haven't been weighing as often.

Jan 1   274.4

Feb 1   256.4  - 18.0 lbs

Feb 7  xxx.x  -  xx.x lbs, 7000 cal

Feb 8  260.4 - 14.0 lbs, 450 cal

Feb 9  258.2 - 16.2 lbs, 950 cal, lift, run...no jog...no waddled 5 miles.

Feb 23 252.2 - 22.2 lbs

Goals for the month

Weight - 249.4 or lower on two different days.  Not looking promising.

Treadmill mile - 9:00.  Check 8:40 yesterday.

Bench press - 225 x 6 reps.  I think I'm ready to attempt this.
Was trying to hit some benchmarks before I turn 50 in a few weeks.  One of them was getting two plates up again.  Was up to 205, took a week off over xmas, went to do a warm up set with 135 and felt like my shoulder was going to explode.  Got back into 5x5 yesterday, will be benching tomorrow. Hopefully

I went for a run yesterday (it was 40 degrees!) and my legs felt like lead weights. But today is a new day so hopefully the legs respond better when I go out today. 
Just got back from a 5k. My legs felt better. Not great, but definitely not so heavy. I was more mentally in it today too, which is probably the bigger thing. I wasn't quite running down the street singing "eye of the tiger", but it was definitely better than yesterday. 

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                  Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                  Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                  Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                  Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                   -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                   -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                   -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 20        199.2                -26.9                                          1540
  • Feb 21        199.2                -26.9                                          1360
  • Feb 22        198.1                -28.0                                          1410
  • Feb 23        197.5                -28.6
Closing in on 30 pound loss.  Got my MRI results back, partial tear of the rotator cuff, but very small.  He said maybe 15%.  Recommended another 6 weeks of PT and then decide on surgery from there.  Hoping to avoid it obviously.

2/16: 235.4

2/23: 235.4

I live in Houston and was without power and water for 4 days. As a result, I was off my diet for 4 days. Weighed myself on Saturday morning and was up 6 pounds (mostly water weight I am sure). After 3 days back on the diet, the 6 pounds was gone. So 33.2 pounds in 8 weeks. Looking forward to getting in the 220's. 
Yep.  During and after that madness, I definitely treated myself.  Got back on the grind Monday and been eating clean since.  It's a beautiful day to enjoy if you can get out there for a walk/run.  Take care dhock!

Yep.  During and after that madness, I definitely treated myself.  Got back on the grind Monday and been eating clean since.  It's a beautiful day to enjoy if you can get out there for a walk/run.  Take care dhock!
Thanks Major. Best of luck on your weight loss

Yesterday was weird. By the end of work I felt terrible. My body was fading and instead of working out I took a nice nap. Got up, jonesing for chocolate walnut cookies so I made that in a mug cake. I ended up going over MFP count by 130ish because of no workout but it is alright. Today it will continue with a Tabata ride and pushups. 😨

139g protein

41g fiber

Sodium... eh

81 calories left over

Ran a MAF 5k and walked 15 minutes, did my 100 pushups plus a few extra, otherwise taking it easy.  Relentless schedule of meetings tomorrow starts at 6am and goes into the night, so I'm going to indulge in my sugar coffee in the morning. Seems like a reasonable splurge. 

Stepped on the scale this morning and saw 219.6.  That's probably just a nice fluctuation and I'll be back to 220.4 tomorrow morning but it was exciting. The last two months I've been losing weight i already lost back in October when I got the scale to briefly show 219.8, then celebrated by eating and drinking everything I could for a couple months. 

Which means this is officially the least I've weighed in the last 15 years, maybe longer. Every pound I lose from here on out is a new record. And since I have clearly added muscle, this is the best shape I've been in in my adult life. Feels good. 

Stepped on the scale this morning and saw 219.6.  That's probably just a nice fluctuation and I'll be back to 220.4 tomorrow morning but it was exciting. The last two months I've been losing weight i already lost back in October when I got the scale to briefly show 219.8, then celebrated by eating and drinking everything I could for a couple months. 

Which means this is officially the least I've weighed in the last 15 years, maybe longer. Every pound I lose from here on out is a new record. And since I have clearly added muscle, this is the best shape I've been in in my adult life. Feels good. 
Congrats!  Lots of hard work paying off here!

Things going well so far.  I think it's mostly diet for me as I'm already seeing results.  100 calorie Optavia bars in the morning.  Water all day.  Salads for lunch.  "Bowls" for dinner earlier than normal to avoid snacking.  Taco/fajita night?  Ditch the tortilla and put it in a bowl.  Burgers?  Ditch the bun and put it in a bowl.  Cauliflower rice is your friend for a stir fry.  Spaghetti?  Spaghetti/butternut squash or zucchini.  Weekends are typically lean protein, sauteed/roasted vegetable, salad.  Low carbs all day.  Laying off the chips and other salty snacks.  Cut the drinking to two nights per week and limiting when I do.   

Picked up the exercise as well getting in an additional 3 rides on the Peloton weekday mornings plus weights/runs Friday through Sunday. 

Reading this thread helps.  Well done, gentlemen. 

Things going well so far.  I think it's mostly diet for me as I'm already seeing results.  100 calorie Optavia bars in the morning.  Water all day.  Salads for lunch.  "Bowls" for dinner earlier than normal to avoid snacking.  Taco/fajita night?  Ditch the tortilla and put it in a bowl.  Burgers?  Ditch the bun and put it in a bowl.  Cauliflower rice is your friend for a stir fry.  Spaghetti?  Spaghetti/butternut squash or zucchini.  Weekends are typically lean protein, sauteed/roasted vegetable, salad.  Low carbs all day.  Laying off the chips and other salty snacks.  Cut the drinking to two nights per week and limiting when I do.   

Picked up the exercise as well getting in an additional 3 rides on the Peloton weekday mornings plus weights/runs Friday through Sunday. 

Reading this thread helps.  Well done, gentlemen. 
The bowls really do help.  I didn't go "no carb" or anything like that, but I tried to get rid of unnecessary stuff like buns and tortillas.

The bowls really do help.  I didn't go "no carb" or anything like that, but I tried to get rid of unnecessary stuff like buns and tortillas.
Definitely makes things easier when we're cooking as a family during the weekdays.  Burger bowls tonight with 93/7 lean beef, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, cheese, mustard. 

For the most part they don't really add any flavorful value anyway. They're just a vehicle. If anything I think removing them adds to most dishes. Tortillas and buns have a purpose if you're in a setting in which a knife and fork isn't ideal, but that isn't the case at home.

This is my general approach.  I mean buns/tortillas/rice etc. where you can find ways to add more fiber or protein should be swapped.  If nothing else that buns and tortillas add very little micro nutrients, so you are getting calories without the benefit of micros, which if on an overall cut is going to pose issues.

I was exhausted today. Tons of exercise the last few weeks, didn't get a good sleep, and non stop meetings today. Taking an extra day off from lifting, no daily pushups, no cardio, got decent protein and fiber and kept my calories about 500 below maintenance but about 500 over my goal. So not really a cheat day, just felt like I need to listen to my body instead of powering through.  Back at it tomorrow.  

I was having a decent day and then my MIL called and asked me and my boys to help her move a treadmill from the neighbors house to their house.  90 minutes later my back is killing me and she insists on me eating dinner she made.  It was pretty fantatic, my MIL is an incredible cook but it was not healthy and was more than I wanted to eat.  Oh well.  I had drop another whole tenth of a pound and was at 199.8 but I'll be teetering above 200 again tomorrow.  Onwards and downwards!

bostonfred said:

So awesome GB.  What a success story.  Congrats, and keep up the great work.  

Day 4 in the books.  Still got this.  52 more to go.

Like Fred, I’ve been overworked and way over stressed here this week with work and family stuff.  But none of that is deterring me.  Weighed in this morning at 226.1, which is the lowest I’ve been in a while, and I feel like it’s starting to show.  It’s not the 220 or so I wanted to be at this point, but it’s not far off either (the weeks of damage I did actually didn’t end up doing as much damage as I’d feared).  I’m close to that point Fred is at now, where you start shattering 10 and 20 year records for lowest weight.

Only thing I haven’t done as much as I’d like is exercise.  No rowing, no push ups, and just one walk with the dog so far this week.  I’ll get out tomorrow for a walk at a minimum.  

But that’s four days where I’ve stayed 500 calories under even the MFP allotment, and I’m not dying of hunger.  

Users who are viewing this thread