What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (2 Viewers)

I feel you brother, the same here in Alabama.  Waves of pollen just falling from the trees.  But I'll take that tradeoff since we get the warmer weather and I can get outside and get active. I saw on Facebook the 12 seasons of Alabama:

1. Winter
  2. Fool's Spring
  3. Second Winter
  4. Spring of Deception
  5. Third Winter
  6. The Pollening (We are here)
  7. Actual Spring
  8. Summer
  9. Hell's Front Porch
  10. False Fall
  11. Second Summer
  12. Actual Fall
:lmao:

Love it.  And yes, it's brutal - I've been like a walking zombie the last 2 days.  And I don't even think my allergies are nearly as bad as some.  I wanted to die last night - couldn't breathe, nostrils are on fire and slept horribly.  Hot showers (steam) and diffuser with oils seems to help.  Having said all that, I'm with you - I'll gladly go through this to get rid of the cold weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
bostonfred said:
Came back from my rest day and did a 40 minute MAF shuffle with 15 min more of walking. Ate some junk again but stayed under calories and did decent on fiber and sodium. Protein should have been better but I didn't lift.  Weight is still up from the weekend but has been gradually coming back down.  24 days to Easter and it can't come soon enough. I'm definitely burning out.
One thing I would recommend is either allow yourself some down time from exercise to unload the fatigue or relax things just a little.  Getting to the point of burnout is a good way to slip in to some bad habits or have a setback.

ETA - or even worse, an injury that sidelines you for a long period of time

The past two days I have gone hard on the bike and loved the Sweet Steady ride I did for the first time. Great workouts paired with a core workout yesterday and pushups the day before. It paid off as I broke the 180.0 mark landing at 179.6 for the first time probably since a month after meeting my wife almost a decade ago. My upper body is definitely getting stronger and it feels great. 

Down 24.8 pounds since starting this.

Keep up the great work everyone! 🤙
Amazing!

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 6          195.9                -30.2                                         1450
  • Mar 7          196.2                -29.9                                         1650
  • Mar 8          195.1                -31.0                                         1480
  • Mar 9          195.5                -30.6                                         1670
  • Mar 10        195.1                -31.0                                         1720
  • Mar 11        195.1                -31.0
This week of being off Chickpotle has been relatively flat on the loss scale.  I've had some good meals and able to keep it flat or slightly down.  2 more lunches to go and a birthday party this weekend, will return to my regular diet next week.  I haven't had any weeks with multiple days over 1600 so I'm glad I'm still at least stable.

One thing I would recommend is either allow yourself some down time from exercise to unload the fatigue or relax things just a little.  Getting to the point of burnout is a good way to slip in to some bad habits or have a setback.

ETA - or even worse, an injury that sidelines you for a long period of time
Yeah for sure - and I just took a rest day Tuesday so I'm definitely aware. I eat back my exercise calories so the days I'm exercising I get to eat more and the days I'm resting I don't eat as much, which incentivizes exercise with extra food and rewards better diet with rest.  So I'm usually pretty good with that part. And I'm definitely not sore or overly fatigued.  Physically at least. 

Mentally though it's exhausting to stick with a 2lbs per week calorie restriction, still get enough protein and fiber, keep my sodium down, celebrate two birthdays this week, lift weights and find time to do all the yoga, rowing and running I've been doing. I can stick with it for a month no problem, two months pretty easily, but right around the two month mark is when I seem to get tired of doing so much. If it weren't lent I'd just take a cheat day and have some wine tonight, maybe have a glass or two whenever I want as long as I have the calories to spare, but I gave up booze.  Som I'm sticking with that until Easter, and if I'm not drinking, I might as well keep dieting, especially when I'm close to my next goal weight. 

So it's more general grousing that I can't wait for Easter, than some actual physical exhaustion or injury risk.  But it's good advice and something I'm definitely going to keep an eye on for the next few weeks especially.  

One good thing is that maintenance calories are going to feel like feasting after 1500 net calories for 97 straight days. The idea of going for a long run and having a 3000 calorie day without going over calories sounds absurd right now. 

I feel you brother, the same here in Alabama.  Waves of pollen just falling from the trees.  But I'll take that tradeoff since we get the warmer weather and I can get outside and get active. I saw on Facebook the 12 seasons of Alabama:

1. Winter
  2. Fool's Spring
  3. Second Winter
  4. Spring of Deception
  5. Third Winter
  6. The Pollening (We are here)
  7. Actual Spring
  8. Summer
  9. Hell's Front Porch
  10. False Fall
  11. Second Summer
  12. Actual Fall
LOL. We typically say MN has two seasons: winter and road construction. But the extended forecast shows upper 40s, lower 50s for a while so we may actually get Spring this year :knock on wood: 

68 degrees outside so I did a 43 minute MAF shuffle. My stupid lying fitbit said I only did like 2.6 miles.  I thought I was going pretty fast.  I did a lot of exploring down side streets and around parking lots so I suspect it was a little low and I was still really slow but I'm good either way it was amazing to be outside again.

101g protein 

38g fiber

1250mg sodium vs 2300mg goal- getting back on track after some ugly days

Finished with 210 calories left.  I'm good.  

Ran outside, felt great, came home and weighed myself and had a new record low. Yeah I know it's cheating to weigh in after a run but I needed the emotional boost and it helped.  Celebrated with some pasta, ground turkey and no salt diced tomatoes cooked In chicken broth with a ton of garlic onion basil and oregano.  It was not enough.  Note to self, cooking turkey in beef broth makes the big fat turkey act like a big fat cow  Cooking it in chicken broth just makes both birds angry.  

I'm hopeful for a good morning weigh in tomorrow. I was feeling good at 216.x last week but floated as high as 219 after a high calorie high spdium weekend that bled into Monday leftovers. I've been catching up on water and cutting sodium, and went from 2200 plus calories a day to about 3200 the last two days combined which definitely makes me feel less full. With 23 days left to easter and a goal of 208.7 I'd really like to be around 215.  

68 degrees outside so I did a 43 minute MAF shuffle. My stupid lying fitbit said I only did like 2.6 miles.  I thought I was going pretty fast.  I did a lot of exploring down side streets and around parking lots so I suspect it was a little low and I was still really slow but I'm good either way it was amazing to be outside again.
Does your fitbit have gps? and if not, do you link it to your phone when tracking? If not, it is terrible at measuring distances if doing anything more than a walk. The first half marathon I did I just had a fitbit without gps. It told me I ran like 8 or 10 miles instead of 13.1. Without gps, it's just using step counts and a stride length estimate, which tends to be horribly wrong. Shortly after I started running with an app on my phone to get gps and then shortly after got a garmin with gps built in. 

Does your fitbit have gps? and if not, do you link it to your phone when tracking? If not, it is terrible at measuring distances if doing anything more than a walk. The first half marathon I did I just had a fitbit without gps. It told me I ran like 8 or 10 miles instead of 13.1. Without gps, it's just using step counts and a stride length estimate, which tends to be horribly wrong. Shortly after I started running with an app on my phone to get gps and then shortly after got a garmin with gps built in. 
Wife and I went for a walk together the other day.  Her iPhone said 3.6 miles;  mine said 3.1 miles.  We walked the exact same route, and it was first thing in the morning.  Good times.

Yada yada yada.  "You can't yadda yadda sex, you left out the best part."   "No, I mentioned the bisque."
It was sooooo good lol.  Today's eating adventure takes me to a place that is one of the finalists for "Best Burger in Birmingham" and I've never been there.  So I'll get the burger, not eat the top bun, and not eat any sides.  I'm pleasantly surprised with the results of not being on my standard food plan, gives hope for the future that I can make good decisions and not be a slave to the calories.  I'm having to estimate all these days this week because none of the places have nutrition info (I'm guessing you have to have a certain number of locations before it is a requirement).

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 6          195.9                -30.2                                         1450
  • Mar 7          196.2                -29.9                                         1650
  • Mar 8          195.1                -31.0                                         1480
  • Mar 9          195.5                -30.6                                         1670
  • Mar 10        195.1                -31.0                                         1720
  • Mar 11        195.1                -31.0                                         1750
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7

163g protein good especially for a lifting day

17g fiber low but ok

2655mg sodium a little high but not bad 

60 degrees out today so I ran outside again. Picked an out and back route i know that's hilly, averaged about 6mph for 2.7 miles. Heart rate was 135 to 140 for most of it then I said f it and opened it up for the downhills on the way home and felt awesome.  Finished up with some treadmill running and lifting.  Stayed under calories. 

Weighed in at 216.0 this morning which is still higher than I was hoping for. Really should be 215 by Sunday to stay on track but obviously it doesn't always work like that.  Still would be nice to see the positive reinforcement. 

75 days down. 22 days til Easter 

Corporation said:
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Mar 11        195.1                -31.0                                         1750
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7
Impressive. How are you not getting any up days? I thought it was just normal. Water variation etc. I’m down, down, up, down, up, down etc 

Impressive. How are you not getting any up days? I thought it was just normal. Water variation etc. I’m down, down, up, down, up, down etc 
Oh I have lots of up days, I had 2 in the last week's worth of data.  Because I was tracking everyday, my posts were getting long so I moved to tracking weeks, with the latest 7 days as data points.  I've been fortunate not to have any up weeks, but have had less than a pound lost a few times. I thought this past week may be an up week because I was off my standard the entire week but it turned out ok.  As well chronicled, my up days are generally due to poo :)  and not being able to go as often.

Other than that, I would say it is just consistency.  Before this week, 5 or 6 of my days every week looked the same.  Drink a protein shake, eat a Chipotle bowl for lunch, eat 8 chicken nuggets for dinner.  I drink the same amount of water each day (or try to).  Eating the same thing every day would drive a lot (most) people crazy, but I have to simplify things.  If it's not one of those things, I don't eat it. I don't try to justify it by saying I'll add more activity, I just don't eat it.  I know the foods I choose to eat are not the best for you, but I'd rather execute a good plan close to perfection than a perfect plan that I can only do partially.

This week has shown me I'm getting better at estimating foods off of my normal plan, so that will be handy for maintenance mode in the future.

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 13        194.2                -31.9

I know this is going to sound kind of silly (it’s sorta the ‘it goes to 11’ of weight loss)... but last year just as this covid business started I pulled out a scale I bought a while ago but which I never used. Being at home a lot and basically rummaging through everything I unpacked it and got rid of my old scale - well the main feature is it measures in stone. Yes Stone, as in the medieval measure of weight, and it measures in multiple decimals (two to be exact). So for instance it might say 17.10.6 Stone, etc. (not my weight, just an example) - well anyhow tracking this way has helped me oddly enough. The goal is to lose ‘a stone’, which I’ve done and then some, and that last decimal allows for incremental losses to show, which is strangely rewarding. - Ridiculous I know but it’s helped. So has cooking every damn thing we’ve had stored in our freezers.

136g protein 

27g fiber

4000mg sodium yuck. I didn’t even put salt on my food, I just didn't eat low sodium foods. How much sodium was I eating before?

Stayed under calories and did an hour of yoga and another outdoor run.  Another good evening weigh in, hoping it leads to a good number in the morning.  3 weeks left to Easter and I'm still shooting for 208.7 so I'm getting a bit nervous with these 216 weigh ins. 

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 13        194.2                -31.9                                         1450
  • Mar 14        194.8                -31.3
Thanks to @Judge Smails for jinxing me :)

Weight is stubbornly stuck around 211. But the running thing is going great. My shuffle is getting close to an actual jog. 4+ miles today at 13:19 pace and 143 BPM. I could've kept going and going, the run itself is easy when I can keep the heat rate down. 

Thanks @bostonfred, @MAC_32, and everybody else who helped with the encouragement. Fred, it's okay to say I told you so, you were right. 

Weight is stubbornly stuck around 211. But the running thing is going great. My shuffle is getting close to an actual jog. 4+ miles today at 13:19 pace and 143 BPM. I could've kept going and going, the run itself is easy when I can keep the heat rate down. 

Thanks @bostonfred, @MAC_32, and everybody else who helped with the encouragement. Fred, it's okay to say I told you so, you were right. 
That is so nice of you to say but you didn't have to say all that. I was definitely going to say I told you so anyways.  I totally admit I gave up on the slow runs for a while even after starting it and seeing the benefits, it's totally normal to hate running slow but it feels so good when you see how far you can run without getting exhausted or feeling pain in your weakest muscles. My knees feel much better after shuffling 6 times a week than they did after running 3 times. 

I've also been enjoying the outdoor running more while we had some nice weather.  One thing that helps is that I've dropped a couple shirt sizes. I'm hardly thin at 214 but I'm much more comfortable with people seeing me struggling up a hill in a sweaty t shirt and shorts than I was before. Someday,  many pounds from now, I might even try a run with my shirt off.  Would feel awesome to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to do that.  

That is so nice of you to say but you didn't have to say all that. I was definitely going to say I told you so anyways.  I totally admit I gave up on the slow runs for a while even after starting it and seeing the benefits, it's totally normal to hate running slow but it feels so good when you see how far you can run without getting exhausted or feeling pain in your weakest muscles. My knees feel much better after shuffling 6 times a week than they did after running 3 times. 

I've also been enjoying the outdoor running more while we had some nice weather.  One thing that helps is that I've dropped a couple shirt sizes. I'm hardly thin at 214 but I'm much more comfortable with people seeing me struggling up a hill in a sweaty t shirt and shorts than I was before. Someday,  many pounds from now, I might even try a run with my shirt off.  Would feel awesome to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to do that.  
I ran without a shirt the other day.  Came home and walked in the door.  Daughter saw me and said "what the hell dad, what are you doing??!?!!?"    Last time I'm doing that for awhile.

I ran without a shirt the other day.  Came home and walked in the door.  Daughter saw me and said "what the hell dad, what are you doing??!?!!?"    Last time I'm doing that for awhile.
For me she would have a buffet table of options of what to be embarrassed about:  my belly, my paleness, or my hairiness :)

158g protein

29g fiber

1168mg sodium

Nice slow 35 minute indoor 5k shuffle on the treadmill. 

Stayed under calories.  Lots of fruits and vegetables today plus some shrimp and chicken. Ate some shrimp and finally tried old bay seasoning, turns out I've had it before and didn't know it.  Not a fan unfortunately. Probably an acquired taste. If i try again it will be with beer. 

20 days to Easter.  75 of the last 77 days have been under calories and no booze.  I can do 20 more. 

bostonfred said:
158g protein

29g fiber

1168mg sodium

Nice slow 35 minute indoor 5k shuffle on the treadmill. 

Stayed under calories.  Lots of fruits and vegetables today plus some shrimp and chicken. Ate some shrimp and finally tried old bay seasoning, turns out I've had it before and didn't know it.  Not a fan unfortunately. Probably an acquired taste. If i try again it will be with beer. 

20 days to Easter.  75 of the last 77 days have been under calories and no booze.  I can do 20 more. 
I know you've shared different suggestions throughout, but do you have a top-5 list of favorite chicken recipes?   Context:   I grew up hating chicken.  My parents made disgusting chicken meals my entire childhood, and it scarred me for life.  Plus, the texture of chicken sucks.  But.....I need more sources of healthy-ish protein.

Open to any and all ideas.  TIA.

p.s. great job on 75 of 77 days no booze.  not an easy feat.

Thanksgiving to Christmas: 229.2 to 220.4.

New Years to Valentine's Day: 220.0 to 212.0

Original goal was 210 by end of February and 200 by Easter. Recalibrating goals since I did not take care of myself the last two weeks. Roughly 215 now, but will officially weigh-in on Monday. I'm going to do a one month plan: March 1 - March 31. Goal will be 205 by end of March. 

This will require some discipline I haven't really had the last few weeks. Some people have alcohol as a weakness. Mine is chocolate. I've removed all of the chocolate from the house. My wife is always on board, but has agreed to really help me focus and get back on track. 31 days. I can do this. 

210 this morning. Yes! 
You're exactly back on track minus those two weeks and it looks like 205 by the end of the month is still in play.  Nice work. 

p.s. great job on 75 of 77 days no booze.  not an easy feat.
Thanks man the only time I cheated on booze was when we got almost two feet of snow and my snowblower leaked an entire tank of gas ontonmy garage floor overnight leaving me to shovel by hand and smell gas in my house for a week.  I don't usually cheat but that was enough. 

I know you've shared different suggestions throughout, but do you have a top-5 list of favorite chicken recipes?   Context:   I grew up hating chicken.  My parents made disgusting chicken meals my entire childhood, and it scarred me for life.  Plus, the texture of chicken sucks.  But.....I need more sources of healthy-ish protein.

Open to any and all ideas.  TIA.
If you don't love chicken, you'll probably prefer recipes where it's not the main event, or if it is, you're cooking it better. I mostly cook with boneless skinkess chicken breast but some people swear by chicken thights because the fat gives the dark meat a little flavor.  

I dont know which textures you find disgusting so it's hard to tell you how to cook it but grilled chicken breast will usually get some "bark" but baked or fried usually won't.  Cooking it too long dries it out.  

1 chicken avocado wrap. Dice up a chicken breast into half or 3/4 inch cubes, add some lettuce, bacon bits and croutons to your wrap. Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit, run a knife through the avocado all the way down to the skin but not through it, and cut it into cubes then squeeze them into your wrap. Add a pinch or two of shredded cheese, bacon bits, croutons and maybe add a drizzle of ranch.

2 chicken quesadillas cook a chicken breast or get rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it with two forks. Put a dot of oil on a tortilla and fold it in half, then rub the tortilla around to spread the oil.  Put it oiled side down in a frying pan on medium heat and spread some Mexican cheese over the full surface.  Add you chicken and maybe some grilled peppers and onions to one half and when the cheese is melted fold the tortilla over and serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole. 

3 chicken dice your chicken breast into small pieces and cook it in a frying pan or use shredded rotisserie chicken like above.  Rinse and cut some grape tomatoes in half and put them in a bowl with a can each of black beans and corn, the cooked chicken and cilantro then squeeze a lime over it. This is one of my favorites recently. 

4 vaguely Chinese chicken- I suck at making Chinese food and don't have the patience to buy all the right spices but I like to cut up a cooked chicken breast with cooked carrots broccoli and cauliflower and toss it in a store bought sauce like general tso, sweet chili, teriyaki or sesame ginger.  Then in a frying pan fry an egg with a cracked yolk, add cauliflower rice (or regular if you're not worried about calories), and some sauce (i love kikkoman sweet soy sauce for rice but any of the sauces above will do).  You can have a huge plate with tons of protein and not many calories, sodium might be high depending on which sauces you choose. 

5 chicken pasta and vegetables. Cook some pasta (ziti, rotini, penne, cavetappi are about the right size) al dente in one pot with a little oil, basil and oregano in the water. In a large frying pan, put a small amount of olive oil and spread to the bottom of the pan. Add some garlic and chicken breast diced into bite sized pieces and cook on medium high until chicken is thoroughly cooked. It should go from kind of translucent to solid on the outside and start to develop some texture and if you cut a piece you won't see any pink but the proper way is to use a meat thermometer.  Drain your pasta and add it to the frying pan with a cup of chicken stock (you can use reserved pasta water if you prefer).  Reduce the heat to medium.  Add a generous amount of grated cheese to the mix and add your vegetables - i like steamed broccoli here but it's up to you.  You can add some white wine too if you like, anything you'd drink will probably go well. Let it simmer until the stock starts to boil off, add another cup and let it boil down again if it seems dry.  This is a nice versatile dish if you prefer red sauce or diced tomatoes you can do that instead of the chicken stock/pasta water/wine, add some peppers and onions and make it more of a Primavera, or some artichokes or capers,, you can bake it with some melted cheese on top... the main thing is letting the chicken absorb the sauce and letting the pasta and sauce do the work. 

If you don't love chicken, you'll probably prefer recipes where it's not the main event, or if it is, you're cooking it better. I mostly cook with boneless skinkess chicken breast but some people swear by chicken thights because the fat gives the dark meat a little flavor.  

I dont know which textures you find disgusting so it's hard to tell you how to cook it but grilled chicken breast will usually get some "bark" but baked or fried usually won't.  Cooking it too long dries it out.  

1 chicken avocado wrap. Dice up a chicken breast into half or 3/4 inch cubes, add some lettuce, bacon bits and croutons to your wrap. Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit, run a knife through the avocado all the way down to the skin but not through it, and cut it into cubes then squeeze them into your wrap. Add a pinch or two of shredded cheese, bacon bits, croutons and maybe add a drizzle of ranch.

2 chicken quesadillas cook a chicken breast or get rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it with two forks. Put a dot of oil on a tortilla and fold it in half, then rub the tortilla around to spread the oil.  Put it oiled side down in a frying pan on medium heat and spread some Mexican cheese over the full surface.  Add you chicken and maybe some grilled peppers and onions to one half and when the cheese is melted fold the tortilla over and serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole. 

3 chicken dice your chicken breast into small pieces and cook it in a frying pan or use shredded rotisserie chicken like above.  Rinse and cut some grape tomatoes in half and put them in a bowl with a can each of black beans and corn, the cooked chicken and cilantro then squeeze a lime over it. This is one of my favorites recently. 

4 vaguely Chinese chicken- I suck at making Chinese food and don't have the patience to buy all the right spices but I like to cut up a cooked chicken breast with cooked carrots broccoli and cauliflower and toss it in a store bought sauce like general tso, sweet chili, teriyaki or sesame ginger.  Then in a frying pan fry an egg with a cracked yolk, add cauliflower rice (or regular if you're not worried about calories), and some sauce (i love kikkoman sweet soy sauce for rice but any of the sauces above will do).  You can have a huge plate with tons of protein and not many calories, sodium might be high depending on which sauces you choose. 

5 chicken pasta and vegetables. Cook some pasta (ziti, rotini, penne, cavetappi are about the right size) al dente in one pot with a little oil, basil and oregano in the water. In a large frying pan, put a small amount of olive oil and spread to the bottom of the pan. Add some garlic and chicken breast diced into bite sized pieces and cook on medium high until chicken is thoroughly cooked. It should go from kind of translucent to solid on the outside and start to develop some texture and if you cut a piece you won't see any pink but the proper way is to use a meat thermometer.  Drain your pasta and add it to the frying pan with a cup of chicken stock (you can use reserved pasta water if you prefer).  Reduce the heat to medium.  Add a generous amount of grated cheese to the mix and add your vegetables - i like steamed broccoli here but it's up to you.  You can add some white wine too if you like, anything you'd drink will probably go well. Let it simmer until the stock starts to boil off, add another cup and let it boil down again if it seems dry.  This is a nice versatile dish if you prefer red sauce or diced tomatoes you can do that instead of the chicken stock/pasta water/wine, add some peppers and onions and make it more of a Primavera, or some artichokes or capers,, you can bake it with some melted cheese on top... the main thing is letting the chicken absorb the sauce and letting the pasta and sauce do the work. 
Thanks BF!    This is exactly what I was hoping for -- a short and simple list.  Awesome and much appreciated!

BTW - the two words that disgust me (and my daughter) the most:   "juicy chicken."   I love eating dried out chicken.  That means it was cooked.  ;)

Thanks BF!    This is exactly what I was hoping for -- a short and simple list.  Awesome and much appreciated!

BTW - the two words that disgust me (and my daughter) the most:   "juicy chicken."   I love eating dried out chicken.  That means it was cooked.  ;)
Thats kind of what I figured.  The best chicken is thoroughly cooked but not dried out, so you'll probably want things with sauces or marinades to counter the dryness.  Let it soak up some of that flavor and not get hard and rubbery.  All of these recipes assume you're doing something like that. 

I'd also suggest shrimp and scallops for protein in any of those dishes.  You don't want to overdo it with mercury, etc, but I try to eat one or the other or both a couple times a week.  I

Would you prefer...moist

96g protein

49g fiber

2934mg sodium 

Ended the day over 300 calories below my goal which is unusual for me  but in truth I'm not hungry.  Could do with more protein but I was pretty good overall today and I'm ready to crash.  I thought about taking a rest day from the treadmill today because I've still got some minor soreness from running outside several times but I tested it out and felt fine and wanted to watch the next episode of better call Saul.  Watching it for the first time and only watching when I'm on the treadmill has been more motivating than earning the extra calories.  What a good show. 

19 days left to Easter 

Last few days have sucked.  Had a family friend pass away suddenly.  His daughter is my daughters longest and best friend. I knew him well as a good friend.  

He was a Wisconsin guy raised on bread cheese and beer and looked the part when we met.   He got a scare, then a full on heart attack about four years ago.  He was already cutting weight but damage was done I fear.  I felt like he had made great progress. 

Never woke up Friday.  A couple days shy of 49.  We were making plans to ice fish when covid started.  I've been lucky. I've never really known anyone to die of anything but suicide in my circle of peers up to this point, which were both awful but this seems different.  

Don't wait for a scare to get your #### together.  

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Mar 13        194.2                -31.9                                         1450
  • Mar 14        194.8                -31.3                                         1470
  • Mar 15        194.4                -31.7                                         1490
  • Mar 16        195.1                -31.0  
Well the larger eating week last week may have caught up to me.  Already had 2 good size up days this week, but on the positive I just had a good poo.  This may be my first week I'm up since Thanksgiving, but regardless it's a long journey and incremental bumps are to be expected.

Well the larger eating week last week may have caught up to me.  Already had 2 good size up days this week, but on the positive I just had a good poo.  This may be my first week I'm up since Thanksgiving, but regardless it's a long journey and incremental bumps are to be expected.
You've been killing it Corp and have the right mindset.  Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread