What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (2 Viewers)

169g protein

6g fiber <- not good at all

3042mg sodium

4 oz wine 

4.1 mile run

Stayed under my calorie goal for the day.  Did not have any of the high fiber foods I was planning to eat but should have some back in the house tomorrow.  Today was difficult because I had not really committed to it being the first day "back on the diet" and had to convince myself that it was not ok to just push it off another day. Even now I wouldn't mind a little more wine.  Also difficult because I have been enjoying alcohol and carbs and junk and I felt huge carb cravings all day long just wanting to eat. 

It's amazing how quickly that happens after months of eating perfectly and then a day or two of cheating and I wanted a week, then a week and I wanted another day which would easily have turned into another week.  It is always going to be a little difficult to get started again but when I'm committed I can do it.

This is why I believe that the best maintenance plan for me will be the canary in the coal mine plan where I see my weight hit a certain number and think oh #### I need to fix that. 

I think I am also learning that my goal weight needs to be a bit lower than my healthy weight target because I added about 6 lbs the first day I went off my diet and have kept most of it.  This is consistent with other times I've gotten off the diet and then gone back on and burned off the water weight quickly.  I think the alcohol and carbs just soak up yuck into my system and when I'm on maintenance I need to account for that. 

Been visiting the inlaws the last few days. I've been running in the mornings, but not enough to offset all that I'm eating. Not looking forward to seeing the scale when I get back. 
I'm in the same boat. No better time to get back to it though. Just peel the band aid and get after it. 

It's amazing how quickly that happens after months of eating perfectly and then a day or two of cheating and I wanted a week, then a week and I wanted another day which would easily have turned into another week.  It is always going to be a little difficult to get started again but when I'm committed I can do it.

This is why I believe that the best maintenance plan for me will be the canary in the coal mine plan where I see my weight hit a certain number and think oh #### I need to fix that. 
This has been exactly my experience the past 4-6 weeks.   One day of cheating makes it so much tougher for me to behave well the next day.   I have a number that, if I hit it 3 days in a row (or on average over 3 days), that I basically go back to draconian caloric weight loss plan mode immediately.  It's the only way I can do this.

I had a bike accident last week and smashed my face a bit - brushed/swollen jaw, chipped teeth, etc.  I've been slowly recovering but it's tough eating properly when you're feeling like crap and can really only drink and slurp your calories - too much soup and smoothies. Can already feel myself getting puffy from the sugar and sodium.  I'm grateful that I did the work over the years and been in maintenance mode for a while now (210 to 160 since 2017 @ 5'11) so I can rest a little easier. 

I'll get better but you folks that are healthy and can still move without being inhibited, get off your a** and keep it moving.  I know it's easier said than done when you're in a comfort zone and'busy' but really the only thing holding you back is yourself.  Soon we'll be too old to do much of anything.  Good luck everyone!
I'm sorry man, I had my first (and only to date) bad wreck a few years ago and thankfully I made out better.  Was coming down a hill at 30mph and the rider in front of me didn't signal where our turn was (wasn't his fault I was just used to people doing it). I decided that I could make that turn and as I leaned in to it I felt the bike give.  Usually people break their collarbones as they instinctively throw out their hands to catch themselves.  I on the other hand was in mortal fear because I knew what was going to happen and just had a death grip on the brakes.  My friend said I stayed perfectly on the bike until impact so my left side was pretty messed up.  Happened at the exact turnaround point on the 40 mile ride so had to ride back like that.  Hope you get better soon.

210 to 160 is amazing, and even more inspiration that you have been able to keep it off for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday's are an easy day to post - Seems like a good starting point.  First Target is 190 - Long term target 175.  45, 6'0.

• April 12 -- 203.4
We're pretty similar, except I got way fatter and you are 2 years younger.  So overall I'm jealous. Don't let any daily fluctuation get you down or discourage you from posting. I find the more data points you have the better off you are.  The weekly totals are what I'm more geared towards but even those are arbitrary as long as you are overall trending in the right direction.

Good luck!

Been visiting the inlaws the last few days. I've been running in the mornings, but not enough to offset all that I'm eating. Not looking forward to seeing the scale when I get back. 
I do think there is some value in resetting your metabolism to take your body out of starvation mode.  When it is a special occasion there's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, especially like you are doing by trying to offset some of it. 

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 26        191.3                -34.8                  -0.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1671
  • Apr 2           189.3                -36.8                 -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1507
  • Apr 9           188.4                -37.7                 -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1607
  • Apr 10         190.2                -35.9                                        1470
  • Apr 11         187.8                -38.3                                        1650
  • Apr 12         188.7                -37.4                                        1670

I do think there is some value in resetting your metabolism to take your body out of starvation mode.  When it is a special occasion there's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, especially like you are doing by trying to offset some of it. 
Cosign with this.  I liken it to switching up workouts etc as you never want your body to get too comfortable.   Enjoy those cheat meals/days, just keep them at that.  

Still going strong.  Down to 206.2 after starting at 225.4 day after the Super Bowl.  Belts have tightened up a notch.  Clothes are fitting significantly better.  Solid checkup at the doc with BP, cholesterol, and triglycerides all now at normal healthy levels.  Big reason why I committed to this is his warning that I was a "heart attack waiting to happen" (at 38) if I didn't make any changes. Sleeping better.  Feeling better. 

Expect to crack 200 in a couple weeks.

Thinking about having a drink

Clicked on thread

Going for a run

Then I can have a drink 
15 minutes walking warm up/cool down

5k fartlek run (mixed speeds from 5.3mph to 8 mph).  5k used to be my long run... now it's my rest day after doing 8 and 4.1 miles the last two days.  Planning to do a longish run in the 5 to 7 mile range tomorrow because Thursday I'm going in for my first vaccine shot (either Pfizer or j and j, won't find out til I get there).  

Finished the day under calories and with an ok but not great 109g protein 20g fiber.  Both on the low end of ok.  

Major said:
I forget who recommended the brush your teeth/mouthwash thing when you get those late night food cravings but that trick is magic.  All praise due!
lol same here. i got a 3 year old daughter, and she loves brushing her teeth with her dad. so we both brush teeth like 7:30 or 8, and it does def help to not impulsively grab a snack and start eating

Major said:
I forget who recommended the brush your teeth/mouthwash thing when you get those late night food cravings but that trick is magic.  All praise due!
I think this was me but I did not use that trick tonight. Got my first vaccine shot and decided to make sure I was well fed and had plenty of vitamin c and protein. Will see how I feel tomorrow and whether I'm up for running or waiting for the weekend but I'm already over 22 miles for the week so I don't think a day or two off will hurt. 

That sounds awful.  ;)
Nah, you enjoy the splurges more when you're not splurging all the time. I still get cravings, but they're much more sporadic. And I always make bad decisions when I don't exercise.

Yesterday was a rest day and whatever I do today will be easy, so I found myself instinctively hauling the bin full of easter candy down with me to the basement. I did this quite often in January when I wasn't exercising much, but it was a habit I got away from as I increased activity since the worst of winter was in the rear view mirror. I had a couple pieces of dark chocolate and a mini bag of skittles then I realized I wasn't enjoying it (something I would not have noticed 3 months ago) so I walked upstairs, put the bin away, grabbed an apple, and went back to my spot on the couch.

I'm saving my splurging for fried chicken and beers tomorrow night. That is something I am looking forward to.

Nah, you enjoy the splurges more when you're not splurging all the time. I still get cravings, but they're much more sporadic. And I always make bad decisions when I don't exercise.

Yesterday was a rest day and whatever I do today will be easy, so I found myself instinctively hauling the bin full of easter candy down with me to the basement. I did this quite often in January when I wasn't exercising much, but it was a habit I got away from as I increased activity since the worst of winter was in the rear view mirror. I had a couple pieces of dark chocolate and a mini bag of skittles then I realized I wasn't enjoying it (something I would not have noticed 3 months ago) so I walked upstairs, put the bin away, grabbed an apple, and went back to my spot on the couch.

I'm saving my splurging for fried chicken and beers tomorrow night. That is something I am looking forward to.
Man.  I need to try this out so I can discover this sensation you’ve described! ;)

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 26        191.3                -34.8                  -0.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1671
  • Apr 2           189.3                -36.8                 -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1507
  • Apr 9           188.4                -37.7                 -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1607
  • Apr 10         190.2                -35.9                                        1470
  • Apr 11         187.8                -38.3                                        1650
  • Apr 12         188.7                -37.4                                        1670
  • Apr 13         188.2                -37.9                                        1470
  • Apr 14         187.8                -38.3                                        1470
  • Apr 15         187.8                -38.3                                        1470
  • Apr 16         187.1                -39.0                -1.3
I'm really hoping next week I lose one more pound, that will be an even 40 since Thanksgiving. Beyond that I think 183.9 would put me in the "normal" BMI range, but I don't put a lot of stock in that.  I really wouldn't have thought I could have even gotten to this point.  As you see from the numbers, it is a slow and steady race.  I know I've been discouraged in the past when it didn't drop off quickly.

A friend told me "You need to transition into eating like you are going to when you hit your goal." I understand what he is saying but I think I've already done that. When I look back on how much I was eating to get to 226.1 it was just ridiculous.  Even when I eat different things now, I'm looking to estimate how many calories they have and to really just keep it reasonable.  Previously I just ate until I felt overly full, and I'm a fast eater.  Had I waited 20 minutes I would have realized I was already stuffed. Someone else mentioned they ate as entertainment instead of fuel, that's a great concept.  I will schedule more "cheat days" but I need to make sure they are few and far between.

Thanks to all for the encouragement that still goes on here!

Monday's are an easy day to post - Seems like a good starting point.  First Target is 190 - Long term target 175.  45, 6'0.

• April 12 -- 203.4
  • April 19 -- 201.7
Weighed in between 205 and 200.1 this week.   Walked 9 holes of golf Thursday and had my first soccer game yesterday in 18 months.  Couple days in hotels coming up will be a challenge on both the diet and exercise.

Made it through a quick trip to Wisconsin for a funeral without killing the weight loss.  Was good in the airports...taking the time to stroll during my layovers rather than eat crap.  And kept hydrated well. 

Looking back, I see I was 207.8 on March 31. It's now been a few days of being home since visiting the in-laws and not eating very well. This morning I was at 208.4. Probably lost a little before the trip and gained some of that back (and then some) during the trip, but I'm more or less flat since April 1. All things considered, I can live with that.

• April 12 -- 203.4
  • April 19 -- 201.7
Weighed in between 205 and 200.1 this week.   Walked 9 holes of golf Thursday and had my first soccer game yesterday in 18 months.  Couple days in hotels coming up will be a challenge on both the diet and exercise.
Great start!

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Apr 16         187.1                -39.0                 -1.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1540
  • Apr 17         188.0                -38.1                                        1470    
  • Apr 18         188.0                -38.1                                        1520
  • Apr 19         187.6                -38.5                                        1340
  • Apr 20         185.4                -40.7
Another goal hit!  I can now say I lost 40 pounds, which another way to think about it is "I ate so much, I needed to lose 40 pounds." It's just a number but round numbers always sound better.  I don't really think it is necessary, but the last goal I can really think of is 183.9 so BMI says I'm normal instead of overweight.  I really don't put stock in BMI as it doesn't do a good job of differentiating body types and muscle mass.

For now I'll just keep eating the same way and if I lose weight, great but if not, I'm pretty happy where I am.  Now going to start really focusing on improving cardio as the nice weather starts hitting (hoping the pollen leaves soon). 

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Apr 16         187.1                -39.0                 -1.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1540
  • Apr 17         188.0                -38.1                                        1470    
  • Apr 18         188.0                -38.1                                        1520
  • Apr 19         187.6                -38.5                                        1340
Another goal hit!  I can now say I lost 40 pounds, which another way to think about it is "I ate so much, I needed to lose 40 pounds." It's just a number but round numbers always sound better.  I don't really think it is necessary, but the last goal I can really think of is 183.9 so BMI says I'm normal instead of overweight.  I really don't put stock in BMI as it doesn't do a good job of differentiating body types and muscle mass.

For now I'll just keep eating the same way and if I lose weight, great but if not, I'm pretty happy where I am.  Now going to start really focusing on improving cardio as the nice weather starts hitting (hoping the pollen leaves soon). 
Dude this was amazing to watch I am so proud of you 

• Nov 27         226.1                                           

So much awesomeness in here.   Congrats, that is an accomplishment!!

Per the bolded, let's be honest, nobody in here is normal.....

1/31: 328

2/11: 317

4/16: 304

I slowed down a lot. Mostly because I am an idiot and didn't realize something I was drinking a lot of (basically Aldi version of Cystal Light) to help keep kidney stones away actually had 12 carbs a bottle (3 packets) and I was often drinking 2-3 a day. So, I am pretty sure I knocked myself out of ketosis. By the way, I think the Slimfast Keto test sticks suck. I don't think they work at all. I have never registered anything on it even when I was sure I was in ketosis. 

24 lbs lost in 2 1/2 months isn't bad. Not great either (not like the last time I lost weight) but progress is progress. 

I slowed down a lot. Mostly because I am an idiot and didn't realize something I was drinking a lot of (basically Aldi version of Cystal Light) to help keep kidney stones away actually had 12 carbs a bottle (3 packets) and I was often drinking 2-3 a day. So, I am pretty sure I knocked myself out of ketosis. By the way, I think the Slimfast Keto test sticks suck. I don't think they work at all. I have never registered anything on it even when I was sure I was in ketosis. 

24 lbs lost in 2 1/2 months isn't bad. Not great either (not like the last time I lost weight) but progress is progress. 
Dude.   24 lbs in 2.5 months is really good progress.  It means you are 24 lbs closer to your goal than you were 2.5 months ago.   Marathon, not a sprint.

I'm super proud of you for jumping into this thread.   It's awesome to see you in here, and good to reconnect more generally.  Lots of guys in here have made a ton of progress AND a bunch have taken (fingers crossed) life-changing steps toward better overall health in addition to weight loss.

Keep it up man.   If you have a bad day or a bad week, don't dwell on it.   When that happens to me, I try to wake up the next day and stick to the basics....just do what has been working for me.

Dude.   24 lbs in 2.5 months is really good progress.  It means you are 24 lbs closer to your goal than you were 2.5 months ago.   Marathon, not a sprint.

I'm super proud of you for jumping into this thread.   It's awesome to see you in here, and good to reconnect more generally.  Lots of guys in here have made a ton of progress AND a bunch have taken (fingers crossed) life-changing steps toward better overall health in addition to weight loss.

Keep it up man.   If you have a bad day or a bad week, don't dwell on it.   When that happens to me, I try to wake up the next day and stick to the basics....just do what has been working for me.
Yea, there has been at least 3 occasions of "Screw it... I am eating those eggrolls" or "..... sandwhich" or ".....pizza" not to be specific or anything. 

Thanks bud. I just wrote a post in another thread talking about how much value there is in these groups because of the community of people in here. You are one of those guys for sure that make this group something extraordinary. 

recently did a 36 hour fast. Was pretty hungry 2 hours into it, but surprisingly after the 24-hour mark it was pretty easy, my hunger was almost all psychological (walking through kitchen triggering hunger, etc.). think i will try one again in a week or 2, but hoping it helps me to get over this bump i hit where i have not been able to get over a hump.

but again, weighing ourselves is just a lost cause. Got off this 36-hour fast (actually went 37.5) and i was maybe down 1.5 pounds. weighed myself throughout the day because i am a dope and just keep at it. had Chik-Filet for dinner (sucked, but i had half of one of their milkshakes and man do they taste good), and i was down 1.5 pounds after that meal. So yeah, weighing is just a guessing game

do need to buy new shorts this year because they all fall off my ### now. That is good and fun, and will be fun when i have to show up in person for work again and none of my clothes fit right. 

but trying to randomly post in here more and offer any help i can muster. All i can say is Intermittent Fasting really has worked for me, and it is something i can see myself stick with for awhile. Countoing calories just always felt defeating to me thinking of the stuff i couldn't eat. Now i don't sweat that at all, and have some bad meals from time to time, but have definitely cut down overall on bad meals naturally due to the IF

Was 259 around mid-January, and weighed in at 226 after my Chik-Filet early evening. it has been 6.5 hours since then, and i worked on building stairs to a deck i built, ran after my kid for a bit, and drank about 20 ounces of water over that time. And i now weigh 226.8, with less clothes on  :lmao:  

Luckly, weighing is just for amusement now. don't sweat the too high or too lows, and just keep at the intermittent fasting and make sure my trend is still in the right direction. 

18 hours ago, Corporation said:
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           

Expand  
Dude this was amazing to watch I am so proud of you 
I can't tell you enough how much you and this whole thread was a major part of it.  The accountability and encouragement has to be one of the top success factors.  Added in you get to see so many different things that work for other people it  can help you craft your own thing.  Without this thread I would have had no idea what protein and fiber numbers I should have been looking for.

Thanks to all for the support!  I'll still be posting my numbers and hopefully encouraging others along the way!

24 pounds in 2.5 months is amazing.  The doctors say realistically you should target a max of 2 lbs per week so you are ahead of schedule according to that.  Keep it up!

recently did a 36 hour fast. Was pretty hungry 2 hours into it, but surprisingly after the 24-hour mark it was pretty easy, my hunger was almost all psychological (walking through kitchen triggering hunger, etc.). think i will try one again in a week or 2, but hoping it helps me to get over this bump i hit where i have not been able to get over a hump.

but again, weighing ourselves is just a lost cause. Got off this 36-hour fast (actually went 37.5) and i was maybe down 1.5 pounds. weighed myself throughout the day because i am a dope and just keep at it. had Chik-Filet for dinner (sucked, but i had half of one of their milkshakes and man do they taste good), and i was down 1.5 pounds after that meal. So yeah, weighing is just a guessing game

do need to buy new shorts this year because they all fall off my ### now. That is good and fun, and will be fun when i have to show up in person for work again and none of my clothes fit right. 

but trying to randomly post in here more and offer any help i can muster. All i can say is Intermittent Fasting really has worked for me, and it is something i can see myself stick with for awhile. Countoing calories just always felt defeating to me thinking of the stuff i couldn't eat. Now i don't sweat that at all, and have some bad meals from time to time, but have definitely cut down overall on bad meals naturally due to the IF

Was 259 around mid-January, and weighed in at 226 after my Chik-Filet early evening. it has been 6.5 hours since then, and i worked on building stairs to a deck i built, ran after my kid for a bit, and drank about 20 ounces of water over that time. And i now weigh 226.8, with less clothes on  :lmao:  

Luckly, weighing is just for amusement now. don't sweat the too high or too lows, and just keep at the intermittent fasting and make sure my trend is still in the right direction. 
Yeah, many people have weighed (no pun intended) the pros and cons of daily/weekly/monthly weighings.  I agree it is the long term trend you want to focus on and not pay as much attention to the daily fluctuations.  33 pounds in 3 months is amazing!  Have you set a target weight?

Normal is boring ;)  

Thanks APK for all of your encouragement as well!  You hit your goal early but have consistently posted here to help uplift others and it was/is greatly appreciated!
Ha!   I tell my family that all the time.....

Hey, right back at you.  The folks in this thread helped me get my act together at a low point.  It's awesome to see others do similarly and accomplish things they never thought possible.   It also helps me stay accountable.

Also.....I'm not done accomplishing my ultimate goals, which include A) a healthier lifestyle, B) better eating habits, C) adding healthy/lean muscle to my body.   Thanks to folks in here, I start doing pushups and am up to about 200 per day, 3x per week.   Never thought that was possible.   Have also added in yoga 2-3x per week, while continuing to run 20-25 miles per week.    Before this group, I might have kept running....but none of the other things would have happened.

Keep up the great work everyone!   And thanks to @bostonfredfor getting this all started!

Yeah that's great and all but do you guys have fad diets in here?  Nope.
This group needs a TON of help on crafting creative stories about why the weekend didn't go as planned but about how next weekend will be different.   Do you know anyone who can help with that?  It's a bit sanitized in here.   We need some extra spice to the conversations.

edit because I'm dumb and used "sanitary" instead of "sanitized" which annoyed my OCD brain too much

Yeah, many people have weighed (no pun intended) the pros and cons of daily/weekly/monthly weighings.  I agree it is the long term trend you want to focus on and not pay as much attention to the daily fluctuations.  33 pounds in 3 months is amazing!  Have you set a target weight?
yeah. when i was in college i was around 5.8% body fat when i was 185. i am aiming for 190, and will hope to overshoot by a pound or 2 so i can devour some food the day when i hit it. I cruised down to about 234-235, but have been a real slow grind to get under that 230 and stay there. 

I thought about putting this in the "funny things your kid said thread" but thought it was also appropriate here. 

My 3 year old runs up to the bathroom last night and when she's done she yells "DAD COME HERE". So I run upstairs and she points to the toilet and says "Thats a lot of poop". She was right. I don't know where the kid stores it all, I was amazed how someone so little could do that.

Anyway, the point is, @Corporationwould be proud.   

FBG26 said:
I thought about putting this in the "funny things your kid said thread" but thought it was also appropriate here. 

My 3 year old runs up to the bathroom last night and when she's done she yells "DAD COME HERE". So I run upstairs and she points to the toilet and says "Thats a lot of poop". She was right. I don't know where the kid stores it all, I was amazed how someone so little could do that.

Anyway, the point is, @Corporationwould be proud.   
I'm so jealous :lmao:  

In the oversharing department, I've gone twice in 4 days so that's a win :)

Okay need some help/advice: I need to lose about 20LBs by May 23. I need to fit in my suit that I've only wore a few times since I got it 4 yrs ago. My Dads best friend son (who is barely a week younger then me is the groom) and I'm part of the grooms men. 

Anyway I walk a lot at work and will be mostly helping my dad clean up a property to get ready for a seller as some know about. I have a soda for lunch every day and trying to cut out the crap ( working in a grocery doesn't help a diet at all) by trying to eat more yogurts (we got some really good clementines Ive been eating too), and pre made salads. I've started drinking some orange Mango type juice and BAI Water. My Morning consists of Eggs with peppers and seasoning with coffee with half and half and creamer. My Dinners are right now whatever my mom makes which is healthy as she's trying to eat better herself. 

I consume maybe 2 beers a night IPAs.Porters, Corona's that sort of thing. I don't get much exercise outside of my work walking too and from and being at work (helping my dad should help in the coming weeks) and I've been trying to drink more water. A friend of mine managed to loose wait by cutting sugar out of his diet and caffeine outside of his morning coffee. 

Anyone have any suggestions on weight loss? I'd like to be able to lose this weight and keep it off. I'm not a person who's gonna go to the gym everyday either. I would do some working out with weights at home outside when the weather is nice but outside of that not much. I'm looking for maybe a program I can keep track of on my phone as an app too. Coworker of mine is doing a workout program with some friends that she follows through an app. So Id like something to that. Any suggestions on foods and stuff to cut out or eat would be great too. 

Oof. 211 this morning. Totally expected given the fact that I've not exercised much and have eaten like I was 20 the last few weeks. Just pissed at myself for giving back 4 pounds. No time like the present to get back on track. 

Users who are viewing this thread