What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players You're Targeting Or Avoiding For The Playoff Run (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
What's your strategy heading into the playoffs?

Hang on?

Make Moves?

Players you're loving?

Players you're worried about?

Let's hear it all with the focus of how we can help each other win. 

Getting more optimistic about:

Elliott - Dalton seemed like he settled down, and DAL is running more. I don’t love the inexplicable rotation with Pollard, but it’s what McCarthy wants to do. Still - this was his best week since Dak went down, and gives me hope for a good stretch run. 

Gallman - this dude has been low key MVP for me for a couple weeks while Mostert has been out & others have had BYEs. Don’t see how the Giants move away from him even when others return to health. 

Evan Engram - feels like he’s gonna go on a late season run. Bengals are a good matchup to start that.

Fuller - Cobb going down should make him a pass funnel again. Looking forward to some 8-12 reception games. Watson has been sharp lately. 

Concerned about: Crowder (Flacco), Parker (Tua), Miles Sanders (Wentz) and Mostert (schedule this week, whoever is behind center) but if you have those dudes you kinda have to run em out and hope for the best. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops - Cobb. Sorry, still on my 1st cup of coffee. 
You about gave me a heart attack...with Burrow's injury killing Higgins numbers...Wentz sucking and other people back killing Fulgham's numbers...who knows who is going to play QB hurting Chark's numbers...I am very much relying on Cooks.

To the main question...trade deadline gone in our league...so its been waiver moves and staying put.  Have been targeting building as much depth as possible for a while now.

Relying on Miami and the Rams at D based on matchups.

My WR depth above was a strength that has turned a bit more thin (Mainly relying Ridely, Cooks, Chark, Pittman now)

RB depth is solid at the top with a few question marks and a home run hand cuff (Chubb, Jacobs, Gurley, D. Harris, Rojo, Latavius Murray).  Grabbed Chubb in a trade several weeks ago involving Michael Thomas.  Also got Rodgers out of that deal and moved on from Mostert.

QB I am set other than worrying which one will have the huge game between Rodgers and Herbert.

TE is a revolving door...back to Goedert for now and hoping Wentz just keeps going to him.

TB WRs. Schedule 14-16 is sweet.

D. Henry as well.

W. Fuller mentioned above, but HOU schedule doesn't look too kind. However, Watson could be rolling and maybe it doesn't matter.

A bit cautious on Ekeler because we haven’t seen him too much with Herbert. The way the rook has  been slinging it, not sure how inclined he’ll be to check down like Rivers did ad nauseum.

A bit cautious on Ekeler because we haven’t seen him too much with Herbert. The way the rook has  been slinging it, not sure how inclined he’ll be to check down like Rivers did ad nauseum.
I like his chances more than with Tyrod, who was more likely to run than dump off. He did have 15 catches on 15 targets in his two full games with Herbert. 

Passed our trade deadlines so hopefully roster depth will pay off.  Dobbins is one guy I was hoping could provide a late season push but let's deal with this COVID wrinkle.  I have a handful of WRs that need a QB for Christmas, so I'm not optimistic on that front.  I did grab Antonio Brown, who seems to have a fantasy friendly play-off schedule.  We'll see how that shakes out.

With the recent COVID bloom, I'm expecting this to become a war of attrition and, perhaps, we'll see plug and play acquisitions from the waiver becoming a big factor.  Tough to target specific players in that regard. Although, I have shed some depth for handcuffs in key situations.

I'm probably looking too far ahead (week 2 of my playoffs), but I'm deathly afraid of starting Dalvin Cook against Tampa Bay in Week 14.  No single RB has even reached 60 yards against them and the most they've given up to an entire team is 89.

Seriously considering trying to trade him to someone else for the playoff run.

Brady - yes it’s been a roller coaster but 14-16:  MIN, @ATL, @DET, all probably 1PM starts.  You can’t ask for much more
Yeah but week 13 bye. 

I'm sure it's been discussed, but for leagues with 4 weeks of playoffs (12 teams, large 32 team league), what's fairer? Week 13-16 or 14-17? 

D. Henry as well.

W. Fuller mentioned above, but HOU schedule doesn't look too kind. However, Watson could be rolling and maybe it doesn't matter.
Yeah, it's nice to target the best running back in the league ;)

Agree with tampa but a couple of my leagues start playoffs during their bye 😿

I know. Scaring me. So do you stick with Indy and their tough matchups? Am I overthinking this?
Colts D has been extremely lucky with some of these TDs and special teams gifts. They haven’t necessarily looked like a top unit on the field (fantasy wise). 

They went for over $50 tonight in our league. Lot of faith as they’ve put up -4 to -7 several times this year. Can kill ya
I’m thinking of dropping Tee for them. Is that stupid? I’d lock in my defenses up to championship week and Tee was fighting for a spot with Diontae, Claypool, Cooks and AB above him now. Someone in my league grabbed CLE already so I’d rather not miss out. Mixing them in with LAR and NYJ just for SEA’s week 14 vs NYJ.

Yeah, it's nice to target the best running back in the league ;)

Agree with tampa but a couple of my leagues start playoffs during their bye 😿
Well, in one  of my league the trade deadline was today. Ship has most likely sailed for owners to acquire Henry.

D. Henry as well.

Traded for Godwin because of the schedule, and traded away Fuller because of the schedule (although Cobb being out should really help).

Users who are viewing this thread