What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys I WOULD NOT draft-but should have! (1 Viewer)

shadrap

Footballguy
A. Rogers:  last few years run first team, same WRs & he has not looked good.  This year I did not see coming.

S. Diggs:  new team with a scattered arm QB.   Diggs is just flat good & Josh Allen improved by leaps & bounds.

K. Allen:  T. Taylor at QB-no way I'm drafting Keenan.   Didn't see Herbert being this good & a great fit with K. Allen.

To think I chuckled a little when others drafted these guys.  {slump}

Refused to draft D. Adams with GB. I have a "good" reason though. In week 16 last year, he dropped an easy TD pass that would have won me the Championship against my archrival in my favorite league. My opponent was done, but I had Adams left against the Vikes on Monday night. Flat-out dropped it. 

As a matter of fact, I shall never draft him again.

Refused to draft D. Adams with GB. I have a "good" reason though. In week 16 last year, he dropped an easy TD pass that would have won me the Championship against my archrival in my favorite league. My opponent was done, but I had Adams left against the Vikes on Monday night. Flat-out dropped it. 

As a matter of fact, I shall never draft him again.
Let it go! Give the man a chance to make his amends!

Robby Anderson is another one for me. A big part was already owning Moore, but also thought Robby would be just an occasional big play guy and second fiddle at best to DJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was also worried about Diggs and Allen...and was very wrong.

Keenan Allen...think I just remembered so many previous years where he would start hot...then have some nagging injury the rest of the time.  Missed on him big.

James Robinson...I knew to grab a Jax RB...but grabbed the wrong one late on draft night.

Davante/Jones/Rodgers...really any of them.  I erred valuing Michael Thomas as high as I did thus avoiding Davante (and being wrong on Tyreek as well).  My RB situation is fine...but had I just not valued WR so much...Jones should have been my easy 2nd round pick to pair with Jacobs rather than going Thomas in the 1st (because I wanted my pick of TE and knew the guy at the end of the snake would take a WR).  My plan B was to take Jacobs and then one of the WRs he didn't take.   Rodgers just whiffed...I waited on QB too...had a choice between he and Brady and with all of those weapons...I wrongfully chose Brady (and then later traded Brady for Rodgers...well, a larger package giving up Michael Thomas and getting Chubb as well as Rodgers).

A. Rogers:  last few years run first team, same WRs & he has not looked good.  This year I did not see coming.

S. Diggs:  new team with a scattered arm QB.   Diggs is just flat good & Josh Allen improved by leaps & bounds.

K. Allen:  T. Taylor at QB-no way I'm drafting Keenan.   Didn't see Herbert being this good & a great fit with K. Allen.

I think the Rodgers bounce-back was foreseeable.

On the WRs, you're going to be right more often than you're wrong if you follow the same logic every year.

For some reason I refuse to draft Robert Woods.

I also refuse to eat beets.

If I'm going to get over one of those, it's probably drafting Woods.

I will not draft whoever is the consensus #1 WR in redraft.  Did it last year with Adams, he spent half the year hurt, it killed me.  Took Thomas at 1.08 this year, spent half the year hurt, killed me.  No more WR's in the first for me. 

I may or may not have gone for these guys at their ADP but they definitely blew my expectations away and I had them in my don't draft list. I've been blasting opponents with GB stacks for years and am not in the least bit surprised by Rodgers rebounding and for Adams to crush. Got as many of those guys as I could. Jones too.

I'll add Lockett and Thielen to the list for me. That's largely because I targeted Metcalf and Jefferson almost everywhere and didn't want to double dip. And although I didn't have Kyler Murray on my do not draft list, he is probably the single biggest mistake I made this year, in that I reached in several leagues for Jackson and Mahomes when I could have waited for Kyler. I believe in the possibility of a (significant) positional advantage at QB, and my Mahomes squads are living up to that (though I would still prefer to have a build with a later Kyler pick). Lamar has obviously been a disaster. 

Tyreek and Nuk are two guys that I did not avoid by any means, but for whatever reason I only got one or two shares of and wish I had more.

Robert Woods is definitely on the list here.
Him, too. It's not logical either. He has been consistently crushing it. I think it is a psychological thing that for whatever reason, for many of us, we talk ourselves into a "sexier" pick at his ADP each year. Even though his chalk is worth it.

Diggs
Keenan Allen
Chubb
Aaron Jones

All guys I didn't like at their ADP and thought there would be a drop off coming with.  Wish I had them all.

To be fair, the concern about Keenan was very well-founded. Tyrod-led, garbage offense (remember Herbert only got a shot because of Tyrod's injury) and even beyond that, just about nobody thought Herbert would be this great even when he did get in. Keenan is suddenly in this golden situation, but it would have been very difficult to predict we'd be here and he should have been drafted higher. Contrast with Diggs where I think a lazy narrative about Buffalo/Allen took hold (I also recall certain analysts saying there weren't enough targets to go around because of John Brown and Cole Beasley, which is ridiculous now and was back then).

wlwiles said:
I will not draft whoever is the consensus #1 WR in redraft.  Did it last year with Adams, he spent half the year hurt, it killed me.  Took Thomas at 1.08 this year, spent half the year hurt, killed me.  No more WR's in the first for me. 
That’s just bad luck. 

I was sure someone was going to have said Fuller.
Yeah good call. I didn't have on my don't draft list, but he never seemed to be on the top of my board when it was that neighborhood of the draft. I had him among a small number of players that I make a list of each year. Not *my guys* and not *avoids*, but rather *who would I kick myself in the ### for later if I don't get them and they blow up*. I had Nuk, Fuller, Gibson and a few others on that list. I failed on Fuller, barely snagged a couple Nuks. Kicking myself a little for not getting Fuller, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread