Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**OFFICIAL** Houston Texans - Detroit Lions Gamethread

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That post-game deli sammich order ticket isn't going to fill out itself.

Off to a socially distanced late TG lunch with my dear mother. Have a very happy thanksgiving everyone!  

let's see. Hockenson has 4 catches on 4 targets for 80 yards. And the Lions choose to ignore him all 2nd half. Great call.

1 minute ago, Capella said:

Do Lions fans hate thanksgiving? I’d hate to watch my team get their teeth kicked in on my favorite holiday every year. 

Not a Lions fan, but back in the day i’d always look forward to Madden & Barry Sanders every year

• Like 1
Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not a Lions fan, but back in the day i’d always look forward to Madden & Barry Sanders every year

Same. But there have to be a lot of Lions fans who have no recollection of Barry playing at all. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Do Lions fans hate thanksgiving? I’d hate to watch my team get their teeth kicked in on my favorite holiday every year. 

Eh. Good times, bad times. Some years there's been hope, but more years there's been a ton of questions about why Lions deserve Thanksgiving day games from other fans. Some memorial games (Schwartz throwing a flag on a TD somehow voiding any chance of review, the Steelers' coin toss, etc) but not a lot of home field advantage. Football-wise, it's better when the team is better. More often we're here to come together as a virtual family and celebrate the thought of having positive changes in the offseason.

Fuller:

Targets 7 / Receptions 6 / Yards 171 / TD 2

And don't forget:

1st & 10 DET 0(10:32 - 2nd) D.Watson pass deep left to W.Fuller for 23 yards TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on HOU-N.Martin Offensive Holding 10 yards enforced at DET 23 - No Play.

Could of been a MONSTER game.

Edited by djjosee
5 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

Fuller, enjoy the day. Next three weeks could be disappointing.

Honestly, I think the Texans passing offense might be matchup proof right now. Not that this won't be Fuller's best game, it'd be almost any WRs best game,  but the Colts and Bears aren't bad enough matchups at all to even consider sitting any of Watson/Fuller/Cooks. If anything they'll likely just attempt more passes. 

1 minute ago, travdogg said:

Honestly, I think the Texans passing offense might be matchup proof right now. Not that this won't be Fuller's best game, it'd be almost any WRs best game,  but the Colts and Bears aren't bad enough matchups at all to even consider sitting any of Watson/Fuller/Cooks. If anything they'll likely just attempt more passes. 

Fuller is more likely to pull a hamstring than have an outstanding run over the next three weeks. Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by tricky92

One last comment before I go: the description of the WFT “deciding to drop the offensive name” is....colorfully revisionist. If by that they meant “fought tooth and nail and opted to lazily keep a placeholder name after being forced to drop it because Snyder never GAF about racial sensitivity” then yes, they “decided to drop the offensive name”. 
:rolleyes: 

never change fox sports. Never change. 

1 hour ago, IHEARTFF said:

Hopefully that won’t be the difference. Watson has been great most of the year. The rest of that team must be pathetic. 

This is our second meeting this year.  First was week 6 - she was 0-5 and had never scored more than 101.  That week she scored 148 - 2 TD's for Kenyan Drake (who stinks) and 2 TD's for Christian Kirk (who stinks).  Now she also has Nick Chubb back, who is facing the terrible Jags defense (missing several defensive coaches due to Covid, so will probably screw up their substitutions left and right).  After this game ESPN projects me to win by 2, so there's still hope, but man this is a rough year.

1 hour ago, modogg said:

let's see. Hockenson has 4 catches on 4 targets for 80 yards. And the Lions choose to ignore him all 2nd half. Great call.

All year

He never has an issue getting separation. They’ll go 2-3-4 possessions with just forgetting about him. He’s had 50 yards or a TD every week except the WFT game (when he missed a couple practices bc of a big toe injury.) He was on the injury list again this week with a shoulder. Dude is a hoss.

45-530-5 through 10 on only 6.8 targets per game. Imagine if got 9 or 10 targets a game like Waller/Kelce. Leading the NFC TEs in Pro Bowl voting rn. Seems like everyone recognizes his talent except Bevel.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, travdogg said:
1 hour ago, tricky92 said:

Fuller, enjoy the day. Next three weeks could be disappointing.

Watson owner here. Been hearing all year I should be making other plans for Weeks 13-15. Had Stafford earlier, started him WKs 4 & 8. Dropped him for Taysom, but ended up dropping Hill for the Chiefs D (dropped for their bye.) Saints/Rams is an excellent stretch combo but needed an upgrade for WK 13.

Last 7 games, Watson has 5 games over 300 yards, 16 TDs, 2 Int (no turnovers last 5.) Plus he runs a little. He’s been consistently great even against tough matchups. They’ve been playing at a high level on both sides ever since they dumped BOB (4-2 after starting 0-5.)

Ride or die for me.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, BoerumHill said:

Watson owner here. Been hearing all year I should be making other plans for Weeks 13-15. Had Stafford earlier, started him WKs 4 & 8. Dropped him for Taysom, but ended up dropping Hill for the Chiefs D (dropped for their bye.) Saints/Rams is an excellent stretch combo but needed an upgrade for WK 13.

Last 7 games, Watson has 5 games over 300 yards, 16 TDs, 2 Int (no turnovers last 5.) Plus he runs a little. He’s been consistently great even against tough matchups. They’ve been playing at a high level on both sides ever since they dumped BOB (4-2 after starting 0-5.)

Ride or die for me.

I don't see the Colts as a bad matchup at all. They have given up 300+ yards and 3 TD's to QBs in 2 of their last 4 games. Really the only QB they've really shut down on the last 6 weeks is Ryan Tannehill on that Thursday Night game.

Chicago is tougher, because a)they are better, and b)they don't keep up, possibly not even against Houston's d. That said 280 and 2 TD's allowed in 2 of the last 3, against Brees(plus 30 plus rushing to Hill) and Cousins. 

Watson probably won't be QB1 overall those weeks, but no reason he can't be top-5, and no reason Fuller/Cooks can't both be WR2s.

4 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I don't see the Colts as a bad matchup at all. They have given up 300+ yards and 3 TD's to QBs in 2 of their last 4 games. Really the only QB they've really shut down on the last 6 weeks is Ryan Tannehill on that Thursday Night game.

Chicago is tougher, because a)they are better, and b)they don't keep up, possibly not even against Houston's d. That said 280 and 2 TD's allowed in 2 of the last 3, against Brees(plus 30 plus rushing to Hill) and Cousins. 

Watson probably won't be QB1 overall those weeks, but no reason he can't be top-5, and no reason Fuller/Cooks can't both be WR2s.

Agree 100%.

The only thing that’s stopped him in the last two months was a 27 mph wind in Cleveland. His floor is pretty high, lower ceiling for the next 3 weeks but most people probably drafted him after filling out their WR/RB/TE starters (or most of them.) This “carrying my team rn” stuff is gravy.

8th rounder, 8th QB in my league. My goodness - Giants homer took Wentz in the 7th. No wonder he’s next to last. lol

• Like 1