What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

XBone Game Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Psychopav

Help us, Joebi-Wan Brynobi, you're our only ho
Hello fellow fbg's. I am shooting the lock off the ol' wallet and getting my striplings (and ok myself) an XBox One X for Christmas. We're going to set it up on the big 4K tv we picked up last Black Friday.

I need game suggestions and was hoping you could help me out. I'm looking for good family games that we can play together, good game's for 12 and 16 y.o. female progeny, and a good game for me that isn't a at this for 100 hours type game. I will probably have random time to play arcade type but probably not time to get into story time games. I have also like football and hockey games in the past but we're talking OG playstation era here. 

Taking advantage of the 4k would be a plus as well. 

Any suggestions footballgamers?

eta: I've got Minecraft covered. Anything I need to know about subscription gaming? Isn't there a network with a monthly subscription or something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Gampess Ultimate and you’ll have a large, instant library of games. Also as of a few weeks ago, EA Access games all were added to GPU so you’ll get the yearly Madden, FIFA, Battlefield games on there as well as a ton of others.  I prefer Plants vs Zombies 1 & 2 (which kids and women and girls would appreciate).

Right now several retailers have GPU for $20 for 3 months. Buy a year’s worth for $80 and get your absolute fill of games.

Xbox GamePass Untimate Info

FYI 3-month GamePass Umtimate is $19.99 at Target right now. Normally is about $40.

Buy Gampess Ultimate and you’ll have a large, instant library of games. Also as of a few weeks ago, EA Access games all were added to GPU so you’ll get the yearly Madden, FIFA, Battlefield games on there as well as a ton of others.  I prefer Plants vs Zombies 1 & 2 (which kids and women and girls would appreciate).

Right now several retailers have GPU for $20 for 3 months. Buy a year’s worth for $80 and get your absolute fill of games.

Xbox GamePass Untimate Info

FYI 3-month GamePass Umtimate is $19.99 at Target right now. Normally is about $40.
That's great, thanks. 

Is it tied to the console or does each profile have to buy a pass? I'm thinking of multiplayer in home. Also I've got one wireless controller coming. Does it take 4 or limited to 2?

Its tied to a profile and you can, if you ever want, log in with your profile (aka Gamertag) on another console somewhere else in the world and download and play games you outright own or are available via gamepass.

So on day 1, set up your Gamertag and while logged in as it on your xbox, redeem the GamePass Ultimate code(s) you buy from Target, Amazon or wherever. Then you’re all set. And your wife and kids can create their own Gamertags as well and all play the games that you had downloaded/installed to that xbox. 

PSA: for minors when creating their gamertags, lie on their birth year and make them 18. Otherwise for some games you will have to authorize them. It’s just a bunch of nonsense to avoid.

Oh and on the controller question, you can have a ton of controllers if you want. But not all games support split screen gaming. I know the Halo games (free on gamepass) for sure do for I think both co-op campaign as well as multiplayer online gaming. 

Greedo said:
Great suggestion on Plants vs Zombies. Gamepass is very attractive as well. I don't have it because I usually guest play a couple of games. Still several hours a week on Halo 5

Game pass purchased, 18 mos worth. 

Plants v Zombies, check!  Will check it out after Christmas, thanks!

Hello fellow fbg's. I am shooting the lock off the ol' wallet and getting my striplings (and ok myself) an XBox One X for Christmas. We're going to set it up on the big 4K tv we picked up last Black Friday.

I need game suggestions and was hoping you could help me out. I'm looking for good family games that we can play together, good game's for 12 and 16 y.o. female progeny, and a good game for me that isn't a at this for 100 hours type game. I will probably have random time to play arcade type but probably not time to get into story time games. I have also like football and hockey games in the past but we're talking OG playstation era here. 

Taking advantage of the 4k would be a plus as well. 

Any suggestions footballgamers?

eta: I've got Minecraft covered. Anything I need to know about subscription gaming? Isn't there a network with a monthly subscription or something like that?
Games for split screen(can play on one console with multiple people):

Borderlands 1 & 2  (Older games- #3 is not as good. Great story, female characters, shooter looter, friendly to newish gamers)

Rayman Legends - Think OG mario style platformer 

Overcooked 1 & 2 - fantastic cooking co-op game. You will have trust issues and learn to work together. Crazy fun.

Rocket League - RC cars playing soccer. Top five casual game for me. Amazing amounts of fun and super easy to pick up but tough to master.

Minecraft - Amazing as always. The wife and I still drop 50 hours a year in this beauty. You can play for the fights, or for the home design, atmosphere, music, and mining like we do. 

Portal 2 - Older game but amazing. Best puzzle game ever made. Fantastic experience. Combine with Portal 1 (no coop) and it is a experience every person should have, not just gamers.

Single Player short story games:

Life Is Strange - Fantastic coming of age high school girl story. It gets dark but is an amazing story and has great mechanics. The sequel and follow ups aren't as good.

Gone Home - Not as popular of a game and is really quick (like 1-2.5 hrs). But my wife absolutely loved this game and it resonated with her.

Lastly with the new consoles, family friendly games that are new, bright, and shiny, don't really exist yet. It's mostly shooters and action so far as it just dropped.  Hope this helps. Also, gamepass is amazing. 

Users who are viewing this thread