What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ravens/Steelers Debacle - POLL INSIDE (1 Viewer)

If game can not be played should the game be rescheduled for a week 18?

• Yes

Votes: 108 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 92 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
“With multiple contacts”

What a disgrace

The irresponsibility from the Steelers should require a forfeit, right? 

I mean let’s at least criticize fairly 

🦗🦗

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't the exact details or if NFL has worked them out past the discussions that took place on what they might need to do if they have to have makeup games but the main idea I've heard floated around was if they need to play week 18 they would increase the playoff field from 14 to 16 and reduce the time from end of conference championships to Super Bowl from 2 weeks to one week.

Not to get off subject but throughout all of this I've not been able to understand why the NFL seems to resolute on holding the date of the Super Bowl, that seems to be inflexible. I get fans and a lot of interaction that takes places at the SB but most of that won't be going on this year anyway but I never hear anyone credible report the NFL would consider pushing back the date of the SB. I'm not sure why or if their TV partners are against it but to me this seems like what they should do but don't seem to want to discuss.
You may be right, the NFL might be crazy. Going from 14 to 16 teams shouldn't affect the championship games and it seems really dumb to make the Steelers and Ravens play their regular season game during the playoffs. Maybe I'm just not grasping this (I'm probably not as this seems dumb).

Now, week 18 and not having playoffs that week would push everything back a week. 

Agreed on the 2nd part. As far as I know there's no really good reason they couldn't push things back if they did so now. Is the Raymond James Stadium already booked for Valentine's day?

Apparently there's supercross on the 15th :shrug:

You may be right, the NFL might be crazy. Going from 14 to 16 teams shouldn't affect the championship games and it seems really dumb to make the Steelers and Ravens play their regular season game during the playoffs. Maybe I'm just not grasping this (I'm probably not as this seems dumb).

Now, week 18 and not having playoffs that week would push everything back a week. 
The bolded would not happen. If NFL played a week 18 there would not be playoffs that week and chances if/when the week 18 option is taken it's going to be filled up by a lot more then just these two teams.

But we are probably getting ahead of ourselves with even assuming this game would be made up in week 18 if it does not happen. Reality is COVID is starting to spring up all over the league and after this thankgsiving travel commences we are poised to absolutely explode across the country and the NFL's not in a bubble. What I'm trying to say is we might have a whole lot more issues ahead of us then simply looking at need to make up just one game per team, more issues then a simple week 18 tweak can make.

The bolded would not happen. If NFL played a week 18 there would not be playoffs that week and chances if/when the week 18 option is taken it's going to be filled up by a lot more then just these two teams.

But we are probably getting ahead of ourselves with even assuming this game would be made up in week 18 if it does not happen. Reality is COVID is starting to spring up all over the league and after this thankgsiving travel commences we are poised to absolutely explode across the country and the NFL's not in a bubble. What I'm trying to say is we might have a whole lot more issues ahead of us then simply looking at need to make up just one game per team, more issues then a simple week 18 tweak can make.
This is a good posting.  We could see a league wide shutdown for multiple weeks if things keep trending this way

Agreed, just didn't want to get into that scenario here.

But there's a risk for sure.

Is this what @Joe Bryant means when he says be excellent? 

Ease up there tiger. If you’re going to start a biased poll don’t be surprised when the shoe is on the other foot. 
You're kind of in the minority with your defense of the Ravens.

Also, you can start your own poll instead of telling somebody else to do it.

On a personal note ( and yes in fact the world does revolve around me 😀) I have a decision to make regarding the Steelers team defense.  I have a replacement already for Conner but would love to see the PIT D/ST play against that decimated Ravens offense.  But not sure I can risk waiting til Tuesday to find out.  And I would have to grab the Broncos or Jets off waivers in the AM dropping - I guess Dobbins.  Or Mixon.  Or Jonnu Smith or who knows.

So... is anyone rolling the dice and starting Steelers or Ravens this week? 

So far I'm benching almost all in every league. Keeping one IDP in (Chuck clark) with a fall back on Monday, and diontae in one league as flex over Hinton (yeah he's listed as a wr), j cook, hyde and Gage. So not exactly great options. Likewise could throw in Hyde tomorrow (with Carson probably back). 

I had no problem starting titans in the first Tuesday game but this is with playoff implications.

Baltimore has 18 players placed on the COVID list.  

I highly doubt they have any shot to win if they play the game and it doesn't look good next week against Dallas on a short week.

Basically I have to ask Baltimore fans if they feel this team has a shot to make the playoffs and if they do then what?

So... is anyone rolling the dice and starting Steelers or Ravens this week? 

So far I'm benching almost all in every league. Keeping one IDP in (Chuck clark) with a fall back on Monday, and diontae in one league as flex over Hinton (yeah he's listed as a wr), j cook, hyde and Gage. So not exactly great options. Likewise could throw in Hyde tomorrow (with Carson probably back). 

I had no problem starting titans in the first Tuesday game but this is with playoff implications.
I have Claypool in for now. I picked up Reagor as insurance so I can wait to decide tomorrow night. 

I highly doubt they have any shot to win if they play the game and it doesn't look good next week against Dallas on a short week.

Basically I have to ask Baltimore fans if they feel this team has a shot to make the playoffs and if they do then what?
Dallas is very beatable even with a deleted squad. The Ravens have the weakest schedule after this week. 

I'm no Ravens fan but their chances to make the playoffs as the 3rd WC is pretty decent.

Dallas is very beatable even with a deleted squad. The Ravens have the weakest schedule after this week. 

I'm no Ravens fan but their chances to make the playoffs as the 3rd WC is pretty decent.
Yeah there’s a decent enough chance Lamar and several other key players will be back by Monday night for the Dallas game. Ingram, Dobbins, Lamar, Williams, Campbell will be 10-14 days past testing positive.

I'm thin in one FBG semifinal with Ward going on MNF but I can still pivot to Diontae if I'm confident at that point they're playing Tuesday. That's an easy decision.

I'm basically benching all of them everywhere else, though. I have really good alternative options in most cases. In a couple I am going with guys that I wouldn't choose if I knew for certain the Tuesday game were happening. Like I'm starting Slayton over Juju. Or Gabriel Davis and/or Corey Davis over Claypool. I do think Gabriel Davis has a coming out party today, but I'm not eager to risk it in my semifinal. 

Even if they do play it could easily be a curbstomping with little Pittsburgh passing in the 2nd half. They have shown a tendency to keep passing during blowouts, though, so who knows. In the end I think I like most of my other options much better than the risk of a 0. I think this game is more at danger of being cancelled (from week 12) as any we have dealt with all season.

In one FFPC SF dynasty where I'm competing for a bye, I am starting Evans/Pittman/Gabriel Davis with Juju and Claypool benched. Could go Henderson over Davis but #### McVay.

Yeah there’s a decent enough chance Lamar and several other key players will be back by Monday night for the Dallas game. Ingram, Dobbins, Lamar, Williams, Campbell will be 10-14 days past testing positive.
I dunno.  They've lost 3 of the last 4 games BEFORE the COVID debacle.

It is highly doubtful they beat Pittsburgh.  Right now they are 6-4 and would be outside looking in at the post season.  I don't see them winning Tuesday if the game is played which would make them 6-5 heading into the Cowboy game which was 'supposed' to be on Thursday Night so that game will be bumped back at the earliest to Sunday and possibly later because the Ravens following game is on Monday Night in Cleveland which would give them an extra day to play around with so it is possible the Dallas game gets moved to Monday to give the Ravens a shot to get some of the 18 players who are out with Covid back.

The players they are missing are their best.  I don't see them making a game of it against Pittsburgh and AT THIS TIME I don't think they stand much chance at home against Dallas.  

It is highly doubtful they beat Pittsburgh.  Right now they are 6-4 and would be outside looking in at the post season.  I don't see them winning Tuesday if the game is played which would make them 6-5 heading into the Cowboy game which was 'supposed' to be on Thursday Night so that game will be bumped back at the earliest to Sunday and possibly later because the Ravens following game is on Monday Night in Cleveland which would give them an extra day to play around with so it is possible the Dallas game gets moved to Monday to give the Ravens a shot to get some of the 18 players who are out with Covid back.

The players they are missing are their best.  I don't see them making a game of it against Pittsburgh and AT THIS TIME I don't think they stand much chance at home against Dallas.  
The game has already been moved to Monday at 5. They were equal to the Steelers and Titans and outclassed the Colts during that stretch. Played one terrible game against the Patriots. If the interior DL is healthy and secondary remains intact (obviously with Lamar back) the Ravens will be td+ favorites. Dallas’s OL took on 2 more injuries including to Martin and their defense is abysmal. 

Ok anybody starting any of these guys with confidence? I mean everyone for the Ravens is out so the only relevant names are Juju, Claypool and Diontae. Ebron and Ben. Gus Edwards I suppose. Anyone?

Ok anybody starting any of these guys with confidence? I mean everyone for the Ravens is out so the only relevant names are Juju, Claypool and Diontae. Ebron and Ben. Gus Edwards I suppose. Anyone?
I’m not. I’ve pivoted off Tucker, Diontae, JuJu, Claypool, Ben, Edwards across several leagues. One league has contingencies in place so I can start Diontae and declare a backup. Some leagues I have decent Eagle options so can wait for a bit more info 

I’ve already cut Tucker and replaced him with Gano. I’ve benched Steelers D, Ebron, and Roth. I don’t have better options, but I still have a winnable matchup with the replacements. I just don’t have a good feeling that the game will be played, and I don’t have a pivot options for MNF.

As a calculated risk, I might play Steelers D. The Boom potential is big, and getting a zero there wouldn’t be devastating.

In a must win week for me I’m benching Big Ben for rivers. And snell for gio 
I'm actually kinda stuck between ben and Brandon Allen in a must win. I'll probably go Ben as I'm not sure Allen scores much anyway. (My usual starter is lamar)

Benched Ravens D for Giants D

Allowed contingency player, so I have Darius Slayton as my backup for Chase.

If no contingency, I'd hate to do it, but I'd go with Slayton.

Bracie Smathers said:

Cobbler1 said:
. They were equal to the Steelers and Titans and outclassed the Colts during that stretch. Played one terrible game against the Patriots. 
Yep. Losing by 4 to Pittsburgh and in OT to Tennessee is better than we'd expect from the teams left on their schedule.

It could be tight between Indy/TN, Cleveland, LV and even Miami but I think they're likely to be the 3rd behind the south team and Cleveland.

Dope said:
Benched Ravens D for Giants D

Allowed contingency player, so I have Darius Slayton as my backup for Chase.

If no contingency, I'd hate to do it, but I'd go with Slayton.
I think Giants D is a better play even if Ravens were healthy and playing. And I actually think Slayton has a really good game today. But if I knew they were playing, Claypool would be the no hesitation call.

barackdhouse said:
In my 16 team IDP league very few Steelers or Ravens are starting across the board, I personally have L-Jax, Conner, Andrews and Queen and before they all got COVID I was seriously considering not playing any or them except maybe Andrews as I had a few better bench stream matchups elsewhere. 

One owner had Big Ben, Minshew and Fitzmagic....he NEEDS to win badly this week and lucked into that decision. 

Drunken Cowboy said:
I still have Claypool in at flex for FFPC playoffs. I will probably pull him though. I have Watkins and Gesicki as possible options.
Just pulled the trigger. Can't take a 0. Watkins is in.

Jamesinaz said:
On a personal note ( and yes in fact the world does revolve around me 😀) I have a decision to make regarding the Steelers team defense.  I have a replacement already for Conner but would love to see the PIT D/ST play against that decimated Ravens offense.  But not sure I can risk waiting til Tuesday to find out.  And I would have to grab the Broncos or Jets off waivers in the AM dropping - I guess Dobbins.  Or Mixon.  Or Jonnu Smith or who knows.
Same situation. I am rolling with Steelers D because the reward is so high and a replacement D may not yield many points anyway.  Plus I don't want to cut a player to pick up a trash defense.  Finally, the NFL is all about the money so my guess is they play even if half the players are off the street.

barackdhouse said:
Starting Johnson in leagues where I can designate a contingency starter

I think if Denver is forced to play today then Ravens will be forced to play.  
Unless something crazy happens in the next 48 hours it will he played

it has been reported that NFL knows when last contact with Ravens source was and is confident game can be played

I think any new positives could cancel it
Possible, but I think it would take more than 1-2 new. NFL has mot cancelled a game yet.

Wonder if the NFL would move to Weds- Thurs if any more positives? Would them have to move some other  games.

barackdhouse said:
I'm starting Edwards in one league where I don't have many great options, but I picked up Boston Scott as a Monday might plan B in case the game is cancelled. I wouldn't want to start anyone from Tuesday if I couldn't back them up.

My two QBs are Jackson and Big Ben. Fortunately I was able to pick up Trubisky, so I can see the results of the day games before I have to roll the dice on whether the Tuesday game happens. 

Willie Snead tested positive today per Jamison Hensley 
@jamisonhensley: Ravens WR Willie Snead tested positive today, per source.

He is the 7th projected starter on Baltimore's offense to test positive.

This is the 8th straight day of at least one positive test for Baltimore.

Same situation. I am rolling with Steelers D because the reward is so high and a replacement D may not yield many points anyway.  Plus I don't want to cut a player to pick up a trash defense.  Finally, the NFL is all about the money so my guess is they play even if half the players are off the street.
We are riding the same hand.  I figure with the decimated Ravens O the Steelers D should have a field day.  And there wasn't much good to pick up anyway.  Well ATL did well but who predicted that.  LOL

Users who are viewing this thread