What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver Broncos playing tomorrow without any of their main qbs (1 Viewer)

“All the QBs on the Broncos' roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts, sources tell ESPN. None were wearing masks at the time of exposure, per source”

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Royce Freeman is the emergency QB, could be a deal like Hill last week at TE for those looking for a RB

“Third-string RB Royce Freeman is Broncos emergency QB. Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay in Wildcat may be another option if Lock/Rypien/Bortles ruled out for Saints game tomorrow. Calabrese? Whole QB deal is currently under review by NFL.”

Link

All three Broncos QBs have been ruled out. One possible QB: Kendall Hinton. He's on Broncos practice squad as WR but he was a three-year starting QB at Wake Forest. (Won't be coach Rob Calabrese. League won't allow, I'm told)

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1332826051542704129?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1332826051542704129|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fftodayforums.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMikeKlis%2Fstatus%2F1332826051542704129

“Per team source: Looking more and more like former Wake QB and current Broncos PS WRKendall Hinton will be Broncos QB tomorrow and NOT Royce Freeman per league source.”

Link

Elway should fire the entire coaching staff for such an institutional failure. The Bills have been keeping their #3 QB away from the other QBs for exactly this reason. Having all 3 QBs near each other without wearing masks is unbelievably stupid.

Goodness, I wasn’t even paying close enough attention to realize that even Bortles, who is on the practice squad, was a close contact. So incredibly dumb. What an absolutely institutional failure. I didn’t think that players were even supposed to be around each other during the week without wearing masks.

Denver has a former QB who is now a WR on their practice squad I believe. Maybe he gets a shot. What a mess lol. 

All three Broncos QBs have been ruled out. One possible QB: Kendall Hinton. He's on Broncos practice squad as WR but he was a three-year starting QB at Wake Forest. (Won't be coach Rob Calabrese. League won't allow, I'm told)

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1332826051542704129?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1332826051542704129|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fftodayforums.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMikeKlis%2Fstatus%2F1332826051542704129
Yeah this guy. Thanks 👍

Isn't Lindsay a must play here?  He's the most versatile of the RB's in a game they won't be passing.  No?

what offense will they even run? it's going to be a bunch of 3 and outs and botched snaps
I don't expect many botched snaps. But there will be a lot of simplified running plays. Off tackle left, off tackle right, quarterback keeper.

Over/under on passes thrown by Freeman: 9.

I’ve decided that I will tryout in Denver for the 7 day contract at Qb. I’m just going to run around and call random audibles. Maybe yell at Gordon for missing his blocking assignment but I’m sure I could do it for one game

“Per team source: Looking more and more like former Wake QB and current Broncos PS WRKendall Hinton will be Broncos QB tomorrow and NOT Royce Freeman per league source.”

NFL.com just posted this on Hinton's page:

Hinton is expected to play at quarterback for the Broncos in Sunday's game against the Saints, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Hilton currently resides on the Broncos' practice squad and is officially listed as a wide receiver. However, he played quarterback for Wake Forest for three seasons before transitioning to wideout in 2018. The Broncos are expected to be creative, meaning the rookie likely won't get all of the work at quarterback. Nevertheless, he's an intriguing fantasy option since he's listed as a WR but carries the floor of a QB. He'll need to be activated from the practice squad before Sunday's game.

Kid can run a little bit. Hinton highlight video from Wake Forest:

https://youtu.be/rciwJWJm8V0

what offense will they even run? it's going to be a bunch of 3 and outs and botched snaps
I would think some sort of Wildcat offense would make the most sense. I mean, it’s not just that they’re starting a practice squad WR that hasn’t played QB since college, he got zero snaps at QB in practice. Gonna be an ugly game.

Josh Hermsmeyer @friscojosh

Kendall Hinton, the new Denver QB, is 23 and was suspended his redshirt junior season for violating team rules. When he returned from suspension he backed up someone named Sam Hatman and transitioned to playing slot WR as a senior at Wake Forest.

Per @RapSheet the Broncos will play practice squad WR Kendall Hinton at QB vs. the #Saints on Sunday.

Last time Hinton played QB full time, his freshman season at Wake Forest. He played 9 games: 929 yards passing, four touchdowns, 390 rushing yards, seven touchdowns.

Is this mismanagement by the Broncos? 

You know that if one guy gets Covid and is in direct contact with others, you're hooped. 

That's why some teams talked about (I don't know if they did it) keeping one emergency QB isolated.

You know that if one guy gets Covid and is in direct contact with others, you're hooped. 

That's why some teams talked about (I don't know if they did it) keeping one emergency QB isolated.
Tampa Bay does this

BB would have half his team “test positive” before running this crap show out there. 

Saw this from another thread

Interesting article from Septemberhttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/03/no-quarantine-quarterback-for-broncos/

Coach Vic Fangio told reporters on Thursday that Denver won’t have a so-called quarantine quarterback.

“I don’t think it’s necessary to be honest with you,” Fangio said. 

Here’s the thing. It’s not an issue until it is. And then it’s a huge issue, if the team has no quarterbacks.

But that’s a calculated risk the Broncos will be taking. And it’s one of the reasons why teams shouldn’t get a dispensation from the Commissioner and his outside advisory committee if, for whatever reason, they don’t have 46 players to dress and/or if the virus and/or injuries wipe out one position group entirely. Football if the ultimate next man up sport, and if a team makes the tactical decision to not keep a quarterback away from the rest of the quarterbacks in the event all of the quarterbacks get the virus, the team should be expected to deal with that development if all of the quarterbacks end up being unable to play, notwithstanding any and all knocking on wood.

Does this downgrade all Saints skill players.  Seems like Denver would try to slow the game down as much as possible and NO won’t need to score much.  Play it safe by running the ball a lot also seems logical.    

Does this make the Saints DST a great play? Or terrible play? I'd imagine they'll be running most of the game so less opportunity for picks and sacks.
My league has points for Tackles for a Loss (0.25), Three and Outs (0.50), 4th Down Stops (1.0), and Total Yardage (similar to standard PA.)

The Saints D projection on Yahoo just spiked from 11.74 to 18.73. Their actual season average is 12.00.

For context, the next highest projection for a D ALL SEASON was Pit v Dal WK 9 14.51, and the only other projection all year above 13 for any team was Pit v Jax last week.

John Elway was just seen throwing routes with some of the WRs, might be signed and activated later today.
Would it be legally possible for them to sign him and start him on Sunday?

Just do 30 running plays and a few 5-10 yard pass plays out of the shotgun?

Would be a pretty fun gimmick 

The Saints become a no brainer elimination pool pick right?
Probably. I thought I heard the whole left side of the Saints OL is out and that the Broncos D Line has been good lately. If you mix that with a little overconfidence there could be a recipe for a trap game. But the Saints are the better team when the Denver QBs aren't inactive for COVID. So yeah probably a lock. 

Does this downgrade all Saints skill players.  Seems like Denver would try to slow the game down as much as possible and NO won’t need to score much.  Play it safe by running the ball a lot also seems logical.    
Possibly but I'm not sure I have the luxury of sitting any of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread