What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver Broncos playing tomorrow without any of their main qbs (2 Viewers)

Cardale Jones has a message for Elway

“While the Broncos can’t just sign a quarterback for Sunday’s game – the league has strict COVID-19 rules preventing something like that from happening – plenty of people are throwing their hat in the ring.

Former Ohio State Buckeyes star Cardale Jones had a message for Broncos GM John Elway on Saturday night.

“Just saying. I’m free this weekend if anyone’s asking…..” he tweeted.”

Link

Does this downgrade all Saints skill players.  Seems like Denver would try to slow the game down as much as possible and NO won’t need to score much.  Play it safe by running the ball a lot also seems logical.    
No, I’m not expecting Sean Payton to start thinking like Mike Zimmer. If anything he views it as license to open it up more. The man impervious to logic.

Saints W/R/T already have a reduction in production baked in bc a 30 year old TE-RB is running the show. I don’t have any depth with John Brown on IR and Fulgham/Slayton as my only other WRs. Can’tGuardMike is my lone stud with Julio gimpy & Godwin fighting for market share. I do have Lactavious as my RB7/8 though.

When was the last time that a non-quarterback led his team in snaps at quarterback?
RB Tom Matte (Colts) in 1965 started 3 games - 2 in the playoffs. First guy to have plays written on a wristband. His wife’s handwriting was neater so she made it for him. It’s in the Hall of Fame.

Tony Dungy (Steelers, late ‘70s) and Brian Mitchell (Redskins, IDKW) both played the 4th quarter at QB after a bunch of injuries.

Saw this from another thread

Interesting article from Septemberhttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/03/no-quarantine-quarterback-for-broncos/

Coach Vic Fangio told reporters on Thursday that Denver won’t have a so-called quarantine quarterback.

“I don’t think it’s necessary to be honest with you,” Fangio said. 

Here’s the thing. It’s not an issue until it is. And then it’s a huge issue, if the team has no quarterbacks.

But that’s a calculated risk the Broncos will be taking. And it’s one of the reasons why teams shouldn’t get a dispensation from the Commissioner and his outside advisory committee if, for whatever reason, they don’t have 46 players to dress and/or if the virus and/or injuries wipe out one position group entirely. Football if the ultimate next man up sport, and if a team makes the tactical decision to not keep a quarterback away from the rest of the quarterbacks in the event all of the quarterbacks get the virus, the team should be expected to deal with that development if all of the quarterbacks end up being unable to play, notwithstanding any and all knocking on wood.
Same coach that likes to take timeouts home with him, right?

Well if there's a team that has experience winning without a quarterback under center ironically it's the Broncos.

They did it with Tim Tebow.

When was the last time that a non-quarterback led his team in snaps at quarterback?
RB Tom Matte (Colts) in 1965 started 3 games - 2 in the playoffs. First guy to have plays written on a wristband. His wife’s handwriting was neater so she made it for him. It’s in the Hall of Fame.

Tony Dungy (Steelers, late ‘70s) and Brian Mitchell (Redskins, IDKW) both played the 4th quarter at QB after a bunch of injuries.
Mitchell played QB in the infamous Body Bag Game (where 9 Redskins players left the game due to injury, including all of their quarterbacks).

Dungy played QB in one game in 1977. The Steelers carried 3 QBs that season (Bradshaw, Mike Kruczek, and Cliff Stoudt), but Stoudt was not active for that game, so Dungy had to play the 4th quarter after Bradshaw and Kruczek were injured.

Cardale Jones has a message for Elway

“While the Broncos can’t just sign a quarterback for Sunday’s game – the league has strict COVID-19 rules preventing something like that from happening – plenty of people are throwing their hat in the ring.

Former Ohio State Buckeyes star Cardale Jones had a message for Broncos GM John Elway on Saturday night.

“Just saying. I’m free this weekend if anyone’s asking…..” he tweeted.”

Link
I'd rather see elway sign himself and take the field. 

Josh Hermsmeyer @friscojosh

Kendall Hinton, the new Denver QB, is 23 and was suspended his redshirt junior season for violating team rules. When he returned from suspension he backed up someone named Sam Hatman and transitioned to playing slot WR as a senior at Wake Forest.
That someone named Sam Hatman is gonna be an NFL starting QB by the end of the year sir

-QG

My league has points for Tackles for a Loss (0.25), Three and Outs (0.50), 4th Down Stops (1.0), and Total Yardage (similar to standard PA.)

The Saints D projection on Yahoo just spiked from 11.74 to 18.73. Their actual season average is 12.00.

For context, the next highest projection for a D ALL SEASON was Pit v Dal WK 9 14.51, and the only other projection all year above 13 for any team was Pit v Jax last week.
After a few hours of mulling it over, Yahoo (Rotowire) has upped the Saints D projection to 21.80.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  

NCAYFT

My win probability has gone from 79% to 85% with 16/20 players yet to have played. Pandemic FF is some weird stuff man.

If you're not careful it could be you.

New idea for a gameshow. For an average game check would you play a series as the QB? 
They should bring a fan out of the stands like in hockey.  Although I'm not sure we're allowing fans in the stadium at the moment.  Maybe one of the sanitation engineers or grass keepers?

This is such pathetic BS. If I owned the Broncos, I wouldn't even have the team show up. If I were a Bronco player, every time I see a camera, I'm flipping it off, or screaming something obscene as loudly and as clearly as possible. I hope one of the audibles is F Roger. 

I'd be as petty and unfriendly as possible. I'd make the game a mockery on purpose. First snap, just throw the ball into your own end zone. Anything at all.

This is the one game that should actually be postponed, none of the others had the case this one does. 

My entire adult life I've been subjected to CBS airing the lameass Broncos games in the 4:00 slot every Sunday.  Now I finally want to watch them and that stupid network will probably air a different game this week.

My entire adult life I've been subjected to CBS airing the lameass Broncos games in the 4:00 slot every Sunday.  Now I finally want to watch them and that stupid network will probably air a different game this week.
you watched the Elway and Manning eras? not too shabby

This is such pathetic BS. If I owned the Broncos, I wouldn't even have the team show up. If I were a Bronco player, every time I see a camera, I'm flipping it off, or screaming something obscene as loudly and as clearly as possible. I hope one of the audibles is F Roger. 

I'd be as petty and unfriendly as possible. I'd make the game a mockery on purpose. First snap, just throw the ball into your own end zone. Anything at all.

This is the one game that should actually be postponed, none of the others had the case this one does. 
The team would get fined if they screamed obscenities and flipped off the camera.

If they really want to make a statement, then playing a short, sloppy game with historically low ratings, featuring zero passes, where every down uses up the entire play clock, ought to just about take care of it.

Pitt, Bal, NE, they get postponed.  Den gets the ol' tough chit from the NFL.

Come on if you can’t see the difference you’re being deliberately obtuse.

So when’s Hinton getting added to MFL database?
I guess their policy is to wait until a player gets signed to the active roster? But even that seems inconsistent, as I see several players in MFL's free agent pool who were never signed to an active roster. Just laziness, then.

Yeah if only some one had talked to the coach about the possibility of this happening and how he could prevent it.

Oh never mind. Freeman or bust then!

what's the difference?
Ravens and Titans are/were having several players pop up with positive tests across multiple days. Their games were moved to prevent actively infected players from taking the field. That doesn’t appear to be a concern for the Broncos and wasn’t for the Niners or several teams earlier. The NFL is clear they won’t move games to prevent teams from taking the field at a competitive disadvantage but they will move them to prevent teams from blatantly spreading the virus on the field.

I guess their policy is to wait until a player gets signed to the active roster? But even that seems inconsistent, as I see several players in MFL's free agent pool who were never signed to an active roster. Just laziness, then.
Looks like they listed him as a qb, which ruins all the fun 

Users who are viewing this thread