Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Jaret Patterson - RB - University at Buffalo

“Buffalo junior RB Jaret Patterson had 36 carries for 409 yards and eight touchdowns in a 70-41 win on Saturday over Kent State.

In the postgame media Zoom scrum, Patterson was actually asked by a reporter: “Were you aware the Kent State players have families?” Patterson (5'9/195) ran for 156 yards and three TD in the first quarter -- and he was only getting warmed up. His eight touchdowns tie an FBS record for rushing scores in a single-game. Patterson likely would have broken the record, but Buffalo HC Lance Leipold pulled him from the game in the fourth quarter with the game secured (RB2 Kevin Marks scored the final TD of the game, on a 15-yard run, with 1:16 left). To put this performance in perspective, top 2021 NFL Draft prospect RB Chuba Hubbard, through seven games (133 carries) this season, has 625 yards and five TD. In standard scoring, Patterson's 88.9 points -- which he did without a single reception -- goes down as an all-time college fantasy football showing.”

5’9” 200 lb Jr RB from University at Buffalo having a great season.  Starting to get some draft buzz.  
Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the pros.  

• Laughing 1
14 minutes ago, Mr. Peterson said:

“Buffalo junior RB Jaret Patterson had 36 carries for 409 yards and eight touchdowns in a 70-41 win on Saturday over Kent State.

In the postgame media Zoom scrum, Patterson was actually asked by a reporter: “Were you aware the Kent State players have families?” Patterson (5'9/195) ran for 156 yards and three TD in the first quarter -- and he was only getting warmed up. His eight touchdowns tie an FBS record for rushing scores in a single-game. Patterson likely would have broken the record, but Buffalo HC Lance Leipold pulled him from the game in the fourth quarter with the game secured (RB2 Kevin Marks scored the final TD of the game, on a 15-yard run, with 1:16 left). To put this performance in perspective, top 2021 NFL Draft prospect RB Chuba Hubbard, through seven games (133 carries) this season, has 625 yards and five TD. In standard scoring, Patterson's 88.9 points -- which he did without a single reception -- goes down as an all-time college fantasy football showing.”

5’9” 200 lb Jr RB from University at Buffalo having a great season.  Starting to get some draft buzz.  
Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the pros.  

Astonishing.

He's had a little bit of draft buzz since late last year, ran for 1,799 yards as a sophomore.  Barring a catastrophe or Covid, he'll top 1000 yards again this year, for the 3rd straight year.  If he comes out, he could be a solid mid-round pick.  He's a prototypical RB.  Very good vision and patience, quick feet, good power for his size.  Not a terrible receiver but they rarely throw the ball to RBs.  Selfishly I kinda hope he stays in school, but if he gets a 2nd-3rd grade, he should probably go pro.

Definitely an under the radar prospect. Lots of questions surrounding his talent because of competition and this performance will definitely put some hype behind his name. Some guys just have amazing days. Everyone has them, is this Patterson's "amazing day" or is it a glimpse into what he can do regularly? And obviously I don't mean he'll rush for 8TD's regularly.

I doubt he's anything more than a 4th round NFL prospect. 

23 hours ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

It was a hell of a performance, but let’s not get too excited. The Kent defense is terrible. It looked like half the defenders on the field had no arms.

About the opponent...I used to say the same thing when Khalil Mack was here at UB....he sure proved me wrong.  I'll give this kid Patterson some credit here.  Back to back weeks of amazing stats and a solid career.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:50 AM, Cold Dead Hands said:

It was a hell of a performance, but let’s not get too excited. The Kent defense is terrible. It looked like half the defenders on the field had no arms.

At the risk of something, he sort of reminds me of our cat that got caught in one of those old, non-sensor garage door closers. Closed right up on him and he tried to duck under it, managing to get caught in the door halfway down his spine. He then freed himself as we promptly rushed to open it, but not before he dragged his legs for the next hour like a tadpole. It was a sad sight. Sort of like Jaret's running against that no-armed defense.

But mad respect to someone pursuing their dreams. 

• Thinking 1