What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homestretch Waviers... Who to add before Week 13 (1 Viewer)

DeAndre Washington had a lot of touches and looked capable of doing a lot more than he flashed. At one point I think he was 7/35 when it counted, a lot of his carries were just run out the clock up the middle stuff towards the end fo the game when Miami was just trying to get off the field. 

Miami running game has no rhythm and nobody seems to be able to fill the hole left by Gaskin and Ahmed right now. 

I think Will Dissly may be an option at TE with Olsen out.  He had a strong season going last year until he got hurt.  

Booker if he isn’t already owned.  

I think Will Dissly may be an option at TE with Olsen out.  He had a strong season going last year until he got hurt.  

Booker if he isn’t already owned.  

2018-Rookie Season: Played in only 4 games and was on I/R for the season. 105/TD, 42/TD...he made his presence felt and was on the radar quickly. 

2019-Lot of hype going into his 2nd season and he started off like a rocket again...Weeks 2-3-4-5 saw 5/50/2Tds, 6/62/TD, 7/57/TD, 4/81...22-18-17-12 which would likely have him in Top 5 range this season with the way the position has played out. He also had 24 targets over that 4 game span and he hasn't seen 24 targets all season. 

Hollister seems to be out there for a lot of snaps right now but that may just be perception.

I'm a Dissly fan but I also drafted Kittle, traded early for Ertz and have been streaming a mishmash of guys like Burton, Reed, Tonyan(currently), Dalton Schultz, and many others... 

Unless something comes up from xray/MRI for Jacobs in order to grab Booker I am not seeing any "break the FAAB bank" or use a top waiver on anyone. 

Possibly Snell or McFarland with Conner on Covid.  Although they should both see work and Pitt is mostly just passing it these days.

But a starting RB on an undefeated team is worth something at this point of the FF season.

How about Gabriel Davis-WR Buffalo? Only on like 3% of rosters and John Brown is now on IR, Josh Allen can throw at anyone who gets open, he has a shot as a WR3 in this offense to makea. little noise. 

How about Gabriel Davis-WR Buffalo? Only on like 3% of rosters and John Brown is now on IR, Josh Allen can throw at anyone who gets open, he has a shot as a WR3 in this offense to makea. little noise. 
I bought him where I could earlier this season. My expectations are low for the rest of this season, but I've seen enough to think he could take a big step year 2 and the Bills can get out of Brown's contract if they want to.

DeAndre Washington had a lot of touches and looked capable of doing a lot more than he flashed. At one point I think he was 7/35 when it counted, a lot of his carries were just run out the clock up the middle stuff towards the end fo the game when Miami was just trying to get off the field. 

Miami running game has no rhythm and nobody seems to be able to fill the hole left by Gaskin and Ahmed right now. 
Isn't Gaskin back this week though? I always liked Washington but he's had years to prove himself and couldn't do with with multiple teams. I pick him up as an end of the bench flyer in one league but just assumed he would be depth as soon as Gaskin returns.

Thinking of grabbing Cousins (Jax), though it’s probably meaningless (I’m likely going to be locked into the 4th seed.) I was not too worried about Watson facing Ind-Chi-Ind but now a little spooked with Fuller on the shelf. Slim pickings out there: Stafford, Rivers, Fitzmagic (if Tua is out again.) I guess maybe Minshew since he seemed close to returning this week.   

Booker will be my #1 target. I have Brian Hill, though it seems like Ito Smith was the guy to grab, most of his touches were in garbage time of a blowout. Cam Aker coming off a good game (61 yarder + his 2nd TD) but he doesn’t offer anything in PPR and that backfield is almost as bad as the Ravens. We’re talking RB8 lottery tix here and it’s a little late in the year for rosterbation.

I have three injury prone WRs (Thomas, Julio, Godwin) and my backups going into WK 12 were John Brown (sent to IR), Slayton (MIA), and Fulgham, now the 7th option on a bad passing team.Might throw a couple darts:

• Reagor (meh)
• Perriman or Mims (both seek boom/bust)
• Hamler (if he has a QB)
• Renfrow (NYJ this week, coming off his best game in months)
• Josh Reynolds (44 targets last 6 games, floor has been 5)

I am so screwed if any of these people are in my lineup in the next 4 weeks.

Key’vantanie Coutee if they don’t talk Stills into coming back - total blindfolded dart throw but he’s got some YAC in him if they game plan a bunch of bubble screens & slants.

Mixed bag, schedule stiffens up... but Watson is playing so well right now, so I'm adding 
Hopefully don’t have to play him. But as Harris often says, there’s no easy solution to the melancholy of infinite sadness that is the WR3.

Mine is Godwin (bye) who consistently gets 6 or more targets and has enough talent to do something with mid-range target share.

Most of the time in competitive leagues you’re deciding between the likes of a disappointing/injured Chark/Kirk or an inconsistent Parker/Smith-Schuster (equal parts stud/dud/meh) or throwing darts at a Perriman/Renfrow. Two week trends begat a third week flop, rinse & repeat. WR3 is very much like getting sucked into a pot you should have never called.

Denzel Mims is another solid good-aa-any-random. He’s had 40+ yards 5 straight weeks:

33 targets (8-7-8 last 3)

That averages out to 6.6-3.4-56.8

Has had three straight of (barely) doubt digits in PPR.

Shot in the dark and feels dirty but D. Mooney.

He's getting targeted and believe it or not, CHI actually has a nice schedule setup for the remainder of the year.

I'm a bit desperate after losing Fuller and have both Evans and AB on bye this week.

Also targeting G. Davis with J. Brown out.

Everyone keeps talking about Keke, but I think I’m going to take my shot at Isaiah Coulter. Coutee seems like he can never stay healthy and guessing he’ll be playing the slot which means Isaiah Coulter will be playing the outside alongside Cooks to replace Fullers role. 

I'll give it a shot (obviously these are dependent on league size, scoring, etc.).....

RB

Obvious adds - Ekeler, Mostert, Gallman

Latavius Murray - In leagues where I own both Kamara and Murray, I'm actually debating who is the better play with Hill under center.  That might be a bit of an overreaction, but the numbers don't lie.  With Hill starting the past two weeks, Murray has not only outcarred Kamara (31 to 24), he's got just as many targets in the passing game (3 each).  This is a concerning trend, to say the least, for Kamara owners.  That said, this is not the time of year to sit and wait to see what happens.  I'm adding Murray anywhere he's available.  

Ito Smith - Not only ran for more yards than Hill, he was also the only RB involved in the passing game.  Gurley with any sort of knee issue feels like it could linger.  Atlanta won't win by 30 every week, so maybe game script was a factor, but if nothing else, Smith seems like a plausible add in deeper leagues with PPR.  He would have netted a solid 11.5 this past week, without scoring a TD.  Could do worse if desperate at RB.

Cam Akers - Given that he may be available in a lot of redraft leagues, he's worth a shot if you need help at RB.  Had a nice stat line this past week, averaging over 9 yards per carry with a score.  

Josh Kelley - The RB carousel in LA continues, and we seem to be back where we originally started.  Well, not exactly (that would be Ekeler and Jackson).  But, back to where Ekeler has returned, and so has Kelley, who started to steal time from Jackson a couple of months ago.  And, yeah, as long as Ekeler is healthy, he's the main guy (especially in PPR).  But, there remains room for two backs in this offense, in terms of fantasy production.  Kelley is a bit of a flier at this point, but as long as he can get some of the goalline work in what has proven to be a weekly high-producing offense, he's worth a stash for the fantasy playoff push.

WR

Obvious adds - Deebo Samuel, Marvin Jones

Higgins/Boyd (CIN) - If either were dropped, Kyle Allen is a decent enough QB to keep them relevant fantasy-wise.  Just temper expections.  With Burrow, they were both legit WR2's.  Now, they're more in the WR3/flex range.

DeVante Parker - Another guy who may have been dropped in some leagues.  This is simple.... When Fitzpatrick plays, Parker gets targets.  Like, a lot of them.  Last week, Parker had 14, while the next highest player (Gesecki) had 5.  

Breshad Perriman/ Denzel Mims - These two have clearly surpassed Jamison Crowder, in terms of the passing target heirarchy in NY.  I give Perriman the slight nod over Mims, at least for now, mainly because he's the one scoring TD's.  But, in terms of targets and yardage, Mims is not far behind.  

Keke Coutee - Somebody will have to catch passes besides Cooks, and Watson is playing pretty well.  Add the fact that HOU will be playing from behind more often than not, and he's a less obvious must-add, in my opinion.

Josh Reynolds - Over the past six weeks, he's averaged over 7 targets, 4.5 catches, and around 50 yards per game (with 2 scores).  Not amazing, but consistent.  He's decent enough to start in a pinch, and if anything happens to Woods or Kupp, he's an immediate top-20 WR play.  Quite simply, the upside outweighs the downside, in leagues where you have space to roster him.   

Golden Tate - Tied for the team lead in targets with 9 this past weekend, while teammate Slayton only had two.  At this point in his career, Tate is what he is.  But, in an NFC East race that is literally wide open, a veteran presence like Tate's might be what is needed to push NY into a front-runner position.  Or, it could have more to do with Jones getting hurt and McCoy playing in his place.  Either way, I'll add Tate in deeper leagues as a WR emergency play.

Mohamed Sanu - If Golladay continues to be out, he might be worth a shot.  Sanu is the type of guy who could gain Stafford's confidence with more time together, and DET will throw a bunch more weeks than not.  

TE

Kyle Rudolph - If Irv Smith is out, Rudolph is a top-ten TE.  

Logan Thomas - The TE position is a wasteland filled with guys who are less than consistent.  Thomas is in that group, but he's had double-digit points in nearly half of his game (5 out of 11), and at least four targets in every game this season.  You could do worse, at least in terms of consistency.

Trey Burton - He has emerged as the TE to own in IND (at least for now).  Burton had twice as many targets (6) as Doyle and Alie-Cox combined this week, and has now scored in two straight games.  

Drew Sample - Long shot here, but Sample just had his best back-to-back pair of games all season.  Is it coincidence that these games were played, in large part, without Joe Burrow?  I don't think so.  While Burrow has the arm to stretch the field with the likes of Boyd and Higgins, his replacement (whether it's Allen or someone else) will tend to dump off more than Burrow did.  I see Sample as a potential low-end TE1, in 12 to 16 team leagues, for the rest of the year.  He's not going to blow you away, but will potentially draw 4-5 targets a game.  Sadly, that's enough to make him stash-worthy as a TE.  

Cameron Brate - This is a stash-if-you have-space recommendation.  Particularly if you're without the likes of Kelce, Waller, Goedert, etc. at TE.  The fact that he's almost fantasy-relevant with Gronk on the field says a lot.  And, more importantly, Gronk has been dinged up all season, basically.  In other words, the chances that Gronk makes it through the rest of the year without missing a game are slim.  If he does miss time, I think Brate becomes an immediate top-ten TE at worst, and maybe even a top 5-7 play at the position.  

I'll give it a shot (obviously these are dependent on league size, scoring, etc.).....

RB

Obvious adds - Ekeler, Mostert, Gallman

Latavius Murray - In leagues where I own both Kamara and Murray, I'm actually debating who is the better play with Hill under center.  That might be a bit of an overreaction, but the numbers don't lie.  With Hill starting the past two weeks, Murray has not only outcarred Kamara (31 to 24), he's got just as many targets in the passing game (3 each).  This is a concerning trend, to say the least, for Kamara owners.  That said, this is not the time of year to sit and wait to see what happens.  I'm adding Murray anywhere he's available.  

Ito Smith - Not only ran for more yards than Hill, he was also the only RB involved in the passing game.  Gurley with any sort of knee issue feels like it could linger.  Atlanta won't win by 30 every week, so maybe game script was a factor, but if nothing else, Smith seems like a plausible add in deeper leagues with PPR.  He would have netted a solid 11.5 this past week, without scoring a TD.  Could do worse if desperate at RB.

Cam Akers - Given that he may be available in a lot of redraft leagues, he's worth a shot if you need help at RB.  Had a nice stat line this past week, averaging over 9 yards per carry with a score.  

Josh Kelley - The RB carousel in LA continues, and we seem to be back where we originally started.  Well, not exactly (that would be Ekeler and Jackson).  But, back to where Ekeler has returned, and so has Kelley, who started to steal time from Jackson a couple of months ago.  And, yeah, as long as Ekeler is healthy, he's the main guy (especially in PPR).  But, there remains room for two backs in this offense, in terms of fantasy production.  Kelley is a bit of a flier at this point, but as long as he can get some of the goalline work in what has proven to be a weekly high-producing offense, he's worth a stash for the fantasy playoff push.

WR

Obvious adds - Deebo Samuel, Marvin Jones

Higgins/Boyd (CIN) - If either were dropped, Kyle Allen is a decent enough QB to keep them relevant fantasy-wise.  Just temper expections.  With Burrow, they were both legit WR2's.  Now, they're more in the WR3/flex range.

DeVante Parker - Another guy who may have been dropped in some leagues.  This is simple.... When Fitzpatrick plays, Parker gets targets.  Like, a lot of them.  Last week, Parker had 14, while the next highest player (Gesecki) had 5.  

Breshad Perriman/ Denzel Mims - These two have clearly surpassed Jamison Crowder, in terms of the passing target heirarchy in NY.  I give Perriman the slight nod over Mims, at least for now, mainly because he's the one scoring TD's.  But, in terms of targets and yardage, Mims is not far behind.  

Keke Coutee - Somebody will have to catch passes besides Cooks, and Watson is playing pretty well.  Add the fact that HOU will be playing from behind more often than not, and he's a less obvious must-add, in my opinion.

Josh Reynolds - Over the past six weeks, he's averaged over 7 targets, 4.5 catches, and around 50 yards per game (with 2 scores).  Not amazing, but consistent.  He's decent enough to start in a pinch, and if anything happens to Woods or Kupp, he's an immediate top-20 WR play.  Quite simply, the upside outweighs the downside, in leagues where you have space to roster him.   

Golden Tate - Tied for the team lead in targets with 9 this past weekend, while teammate Slayton only had two.  At this point in his career, Tate is what he is.  But, in an NFC East race that is literally wide open, a veteran presence like Tate's might be what is needed to push NY into a front-runner position.  Or, it could have more to do with Jones getting hurt and McCoy playing in his place.  Either way, I'll add Tate in deeper leagues as a WR emergency play.

Mohamed Sanu - If Golladay continues to be out, he might be worth a shot.  Sanu is the type of guy who could gain Stafford's confidence with more time together, and DET will throw a bunch more weeks than not.  

TE

Kyle Rudolph - If Irv Smith is out, Rudolph is a top-ten TE.  

Logan Thomas - The TE position is a wasteland filled with guys who are less than consistent.  Thomas is in that group, but he's had double-digit points in nearly half of his game (5 out of 11), and at least four targets in every game this season.  You could do worse, at least in terms of consistency.

Trey Burton - He has emerged as the TE to own in IND (at least for now).  Burton had twice as many targets (6) as Doyle and Alie-Cox combined this week, and has now scored in two straight games.  

Drew Sample - Long shot here, but Sample just had his best back-to-back pair of games all season.  Is it coincidence that these games were played, in large part, without Joe Burrow?  I don't think so.  While Burrow has the arm to stretch the field with the likes of Boyd and Higgins, his replacement (whether it's Allen or someone else) will tend to dump off more than Burrow did.  I see Sample as a potential low-end TE1, in 12 to 16 team leagues, for the rest of the year.  He's not going to blow you away, but will potentially draw 4-5 targets a game.  Sadly, that's enough to make him stash-worthy as a TE.  

Cameron Brate - This is a stash-if-you have-space recommendation.  Particularly if you're without the likes of Kelce, Waller, Goedert, etc. at TE.  The fact that he's almost fantasy-relevant with Gronk on the field says a lot.  And, more importantly, Gronk has been dinged up all season, basically.  In other words, the chances that Gronk makes it through the rest of the year without missing a game are slim.  If he does miss time, I think Brate becomes an immediate top-ten TE at worst, and maybe even a top 5-7 play at the position.  
It's Brandon Allen at QB in Cinninati. He struggled to move the team vs the Giants last week. I'd drop Boyd and Higgins for other WRs.

I've been holding onto my #1 waiver priority for a few weeks now, waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.  But again this week, it doesn't look like there are any "league winners" available:

Booker?  Nope, not with the good news regarding Jacobs's injury.  Booker might help in week 13, but I'm looking ahead to the playoffs where Jacobs will almost certainly be fine.

Coutee/Coulter?  One of them will be stepping into the starting lineup.  But which one?  And will Cobb be back for weeks 15 and 16?  If so, their value tanks.

Ito Smith?  Will probably continue splitting carries with Hill, and Gurley could come back at any time.  Pass.

Cam Akers?  Don't want any part of that three-headed monster.  Do we really think the Rams to go forward with one of them as the bell-cow?  Can't trust him.

Gore?  I don't care if he's getting the vast majority of the touches.  He has all year, even while Perine was healthy.  He's not a league winner.

Latavius Murray or Deebo might be worth it, but they aren't available in my leagues.

Looks like I'll be holding onto that #1 priority for at least another week!

It's Brandon Allen at QB in Cinninati. He struggled to move the team vs the Giants last week. I'd drop Boyd and Higgins for other WRs.
My bad.  Wrong Allen.  And, you may be right.  I guess it depends on what size league.  They both ended up with better stat lines than I expected, but it's also just one week.

I've been holding onto my #1 waiver priority for a few weeks now, waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.  But again this week, it doesn't look like there are any "league winners" available:

Booker?  Nope, not with the good news regarding Jacobs's injury.  Booker might help in week 13, but I'm looking ahead to the playoffs where Jacobs will almost certainly be fine.

Coutee/Coulter?  One of them will be stepping into the starting lineup.  But which one?  And will Cobb be back for weeks 15 and 16?  If so, their value tanks.

Ito Smith?  Will probably continue splitting carries with Hill, and Gurley could come back at any time.  Pass.

Cam Akers?  Don't want any part of that three-headed monster.  Do we really think the Rams to go forward with one of them as the bell-cow?  Can't trust him.

Gore?  I don't care if he's getting the vast majority of the touches.  He has all year, even while Perine was healthy.  He's not a league winner.

Latavius Murray or Deebo might be worth it, but they aren't available in my leagues.

Looks like I'll be holding onto that #1 priority for at least another week!
I think it's an unusual week in that there are two extremes, but not much in the middle.  In other words, there are guys that are "must add's" but probably already rostered, and then there are deep reach type of adds (fliers or speculative adds, basically).  But, there really aren't any "must add's" that have revealed themselves this week (or the past couple of weeks, for that matter).  

My list was admittedly mostly the former.... either deep stash guys (or guys to grab if you're desperate), or guys who are probably gone in most formats, but grab them if they are not.  

This suggestion may belong in a different thread but Seattle D looks much better and host NYG (Colt McCoy) and NYJ the next 2 weeks.

Speaking Tuesday, 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said he was "holding out hope" George Kittle (foot) and Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) would return before the end of the regular season. 

“I’m holding out hope for ... the last couple of weeks. They’re just starting to get into where they get on the field and not with us but on their own to do some stuff,” Shanahan said of his No. 1 weapon and quarterback. Shanny emphasized it is not "guaranteed" that either player returns this season. Kittle was slapped with an eight-week timeline upon going down four weeks ago, though he said he thought he would be back sooner. In an absolute best case scenario, Kittle would probably still miss the next two games. Re-draft players without I.R. spots in roster crunches could be forced to make the difficult decision to cut Kittle loose, though he is the sort of talent you hold onto at all costs while his status is still uncertain.  

Washington is pretty good. I'm surprised no one was talking about him before the last game.

Everyone keeps talking about Keke, but I think I’m going to take my shot at Isaiah Coulter. Coutee seems like he can never stay healthy and guessing he’ll be playing the slot which means Isaiah Coulter will be playing the outside alongside Cooks to replace Fullers role. 
That seems highly probable. Keke has historically spent a lot of time in the slot. He’s a water bug, Isaiah is more praying mantis.

We haven’t seen Coulter play an NFL snap but he can high point a ball, and he was really good at contested catchers. In D-1, against athletes who weren’t good enough to play FCS. In fairness, he had a couple good games VS FCS opponents. Kind of a big leap from that to the elite of FBS.

He is fast, runs smooth, offers very little YAC upside based on his skillset. Goes down easy, doesn’t have much juke in his arsenal. We know nothing of his ability to get a good realease; there’s nothing in his college that would suggest he brings a complete set of tools for that nuance. Like a lot of big, fast WR with a talent advantage, he rounded off a lot of routes.

There is potential there and it’s not unheard of for 5th rounders to refine their skills to adjust to NFL life. But rn he seems like a 2-26-0 wait-n-see guy for redraft.

ASIDE - people discount the importance of 40 times but you actually learn a lot from watching prospects run a few. What we learned from Coulter’s combine is has a very fluid and natural gait. Now I haven’t seen much evidence he can make strong cuts but if he gets a good release he gets to top end pretty quick. Conversely, there are some WR4/WR5 guys who leave you wondering “how the heck is this guy an NFL player“ after watching their combine. This guy looks the part, but might need a year or two to be ready.

I legit need a WR3 to start this week with Godwin on a bye.

My current WR4/5s are coming off a goose egg and 2-16 (Slayton & Fulgham), and even with good matchups, cannot trust them.

Thankfully I’m locked into the #4 seed so not a full blown panic attack, but I’m uneasy. Considering dropping the two 2nd year guys for Coutee and G Davis. There’s a gaggle of others candidates: Dez, Perriman, Snead, Coulter, A Miller, Renfrow, Tate, Reagor, Ruggs, Dims.  

:shrug:

I legit need a WR3 to start this week with Godwin on a bye.

My current WR4/5s are coming off a goose egg and 2-16 (Slayton & Fulgham), and even with good matchups, cannot trust them.

Thankfully I’m locked into the #4 seed so not a full blown panic attack, but I’m uneasy. Considering dropping the two 2nd year guys for Coutee and G Davis. There’s a gaggle of others candidates: Dez, Perriman, Snead, Coulter, A Miller, Renfrow, Tate, Reagor, Ruggs, Dims.  

:shrug:
Probably Perriman.

Probably Perriman.
Boom/bust but yeah it’s as good a dart throw as any. Outside of Crowder I think I like Mims marginally better - floor is more important to me than ceiling. But of course the problem for all of them is inconsistent QB play and Dumblehead is back to calling plays again.

Last edited by a moderator:
BoerumHill said:
Boom/bust but yeah it’s as good a dart throw as any. Outside of Crowder I think I like Mims marginally better - floor is more important to me than ceiling. But of course the problem for all of them is inconsistent QB play and Dumblehead is back to calling plays again.
I think Perriman has a decent floor. That is why I was thinking him. He is above 10 in PPR in 4/5 games since coming off injury. 

Users who are viewing this thread