What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homestretch Waviers... Who to add before Week 13 (1 Viewer)

I think Perriman has a decent floor. That is why I was thinking him. He is above 10 in PPR in 4/5 games since coming off injury. 
5.8 targets pg VS 6.6 for Mims (last 5 for ea); BP has been getting TDs and while those are variable I think it’s correct to say he has has more big play potential.

just not gonna trust Darnold over Allen so it’s moot - probably more comfortable taking Davis who is a riser on a much better offense. he has his own risks but it’s just a one week rental.

slight edge to the Jets WR on matchup but theyre probably looking at a ~16mph wind, while the Bills are in the desert.

Ours run Thursday morning. I like the extra day of practice reports and injury updates, will make a more informed decision than most weeks.

Wednesday games are dreck though.

Finding a QB these days is difficult.   Maybe Fitz if Tua sits again.  
Had Burrow. Scooped up Hill luckily before he was announced starter hopefully he plays at least to Week 15. Looking to add Mayfield for his Week 16 matchup vs NYJ. Fitz is out there but hard to trust if he'll still be the starter.

Ours run Thursday afternoon.   I like it.  Having those extra days of player reports is helpful when making decisions.   

Had Burrow. Scooped up Hill luckily before he was announced starter hopefully he plays at least to Week 15. Looking to add Mayfield for his Week 16 matchup vs NYJ. Fitz is out there but hard to trust if he'll still be the starter.
I have gone through Stafford, Goff, Wentz, Carr, and scooped up Hill last week as well.   Started Carr over Hill which didn’t work out so well.  Musical QB has not worked out at all for me this season.  I’m starting Hill this week.   Sorry in advance for Hill’s dud.   

I have gone through Stafford, Goff, Wentz, Carr, and scooped up Hill last week as well.   Started Carr over Hill which didn’t work out so well.  Musical QB has not worked out at all for me this season.  I’m starting Hill this week.   Sorry in advance for Hill’s dud.   
 Boy did Carr lay an egg last week in what should have been a + matchup.

Which has me hesitating about replacing Watson in Weeks 13/14/15. I’ve only started Stafford twice the bye & one other week, both worked out well. Kicked him to the curb for a lotto ticket RB and now my replacement options are Cousins, Fitzmagic and Rivers. And another half dozen trash bags.

Ride or die with Deshaun.

Thinking of dropping Zeke before waivers as a sabatoge drop to drain some FAAB from teams? 

I havr Jrob, Mostert, Edmonds, Snell, and Edwards. Not sure I can ever start Zeke with confidence even as a FLEX but then again he's still getting carries. 

SoBeDad said:
It's Brandon Allen at QB in Cinninati. He struggled to move the team vs the Giants last week. I'd drop Boyd and Higgins for other WRs.
Dropping Boyd and hoping the right team picks him up and starts him.  We'll see how he likes Boyd then.

Now that the week is over, I can finally post my adds. These are more tilted (like all my suggestions) to future opportunity rather than one week guys. Thought I might as well throw mine in:

Gabriel Davis, Bills WR - The script is simple: If John Brown/Stefon Diggs/Cole Beasley ever miss time, you need to look at Davis. Davis played 60/62 snaps (97%!) and was the starter outside. John Brown (IR) is scheduled to miss 2 more games and may not play immediately off it, so Davis should have a solid snap rate for 2 more games at least (@49ers, Steelers). Buffalo runs the 2nd most 10 personnel in the league (17%) so Davis will see the field even if everyone is healthy, but with Smokey out and McDermott dialing up tons of Allen passes Davis has the makings of an upside WR3.

Breshad Perriman/Denzel Mims, Jets WRs - Mims actually gets a slight bump for me over Perriman (slightly higher avg. target share + % of passes over the middle, should avoid top cover CBs). Though Darnold isn't playing well at all the garbage time prospect still exists, and since all the Jets WRs came back healthy Mims has averaged 8 targets to Perriman's 6.3 (24-19). Perriman seems a bit more boom-bust due to higher aDot but has three scores over that span.

Kirk Cousins, Vikings QB - Kirk Cousins isn't a great QB; I think he's pretty mediocre. However, he's throwing to future Top 20 WR Justin Jefferson and one of the better secondary WRs in the game in Adam Thielen and can dump balls off to Dalvin Cook with a somewhat decent sched ahead (Jacksonville, @Tampa Bay, Chicago, and @New Orleans). Tampa Bay and the Bears would normally give me pause about considering him but he's hot right now (multiple TDs in four straight games, three TDs in three of his last four) and dropped 17+ FP on the Bears in Standard earlier in the year. He's not a bad replacement if he's on your wire.

Captain Obvious Pick

Keke Coutee, Texans WR - This was actually in doubt a bit with the thought Isaiah Coulter, 'Steven Mitchell' and even Jordan Akins/Duke Johnson would see more work at WR, but with media outlets saying Coutee will start as the #2 WR outside should make him a decent flex play (expectation is that the Texans will run more 12 personnel the next few weeks). Randall Cobb should come off IR after 2 more games so Coutee once again has a shot to establish himself. Guy had electric game tape 2 years ago will allover-the-field usage, but couldn't stay healthy and battled inconsistency.

Devontae Booker, Raiders RB - This is not hard. Jacobs has a bit of an ankle injury (EDIT: DNP on Wednesday) and Booker is the clear handcuff to him, Even if he plays ankles can be tricky and a reinjury isn't out of the question. Booker also wouldn't be affected by game script like Jacobs is due to his pass catching ability.

Deeper Dive: Nab Them Before The Rise

Isaiah Coulter, Texans WR - There is wealth of info on him in his thread. Note, he is very raw and was inactive last week over someone named "Steven Mitchell". There's a question if he can play at this level, but we are looking for cheap opportunity here. He has good size at 6'2 and boasts enough straight line speed that he could become a sort of deep threat although he's not a good route runner. The offense seems comfortable with Watson having to chuck 35+ times and a lot of targets are up for grabs; Cooks will see #1 corners so Watson will have to spread it around.

Kenny Stills, ? WR - After clearing waivers he has been rumored to go to a number of teams (Green Bay, New Orleans, Vikings). If someone signs him he won't play for 5 days (quarantine), but if you want a lotto ticket he's not terrible if you have a free spot. 

"Your ### Should've Had Him Last Week"

Frank Gore, Jets RB - Frank Gore only played 58% of the offensive snaps but had 18 carries and caught 3 balls with La'Mical Perine on IR. Gore is the unquestioned workhorse for 2 more contests and has a very solid Flex floor. With the way Adam Gase runs his squad would it be outside the realm of possibility Gase just makes Gore the starter again? If a RB is getting 20+ touches, in this economy you gotta own him.

Evan Engram, Giants TE - The cycle occurs every week; Engram has an unquestionably bad drop or play, catches a big pass, then is immediately rage dropped (12/3 EDIT: Not necessarily in that order!). Stop the cycle; Engram is finally being used like he's not a 38 year old and is running jet sweeps and getting attempts all over the field. Even with Colt McCoy as the new QB the two bankable pass catching weapons remain Sterling Shepard and Evan Engram. With TE a fantasy wasteland his mouthwatering potential vs. his frustrating inconsistency is a battle of wills... Giants next 4: @Seattle, Arizona, Cleveland, then @Baltimore. If you don't have a Top 5 TE grab him.

That's all I have unless I forgot someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of dropping Zeke before waivers as a sabatoge drop to drain some FAAB from teams? 

I havr Jrob, Mostert, Edmonds, Snell, and Edwards. Not sure I can ever start Zeke with confidence even as a FLEX but then again he's still getting carries. 
But you are going to have confidence in Edmonds or Snell?

Crazy talk.

Now that the week is over, I can finally post my adds. These are more tilted (like all my suggestions) to future opportunity rather than one week guys. Thought I might as well throw mine in:

Gabriel Davis, Bills WR - The script is simple: If John Brown/Stefon Diggs/Cole Beasley ever miss time, you need to look at Davis. Davis played 60/62 snaps (97%!) and was the starter outside. John Brown (IR) is scheduled to miss 2 more games and may not play immediately off it, so Davis should have a solid snap rate for 2 more games at least (@49ers, Steelers). Buffalo runs the 2nd most 10 personnel in the league (17%) so Davis will see the field even if everyone is healthy, but with Smokey out and McDermott dialing up tons of Allen passes Davis has the makings of an upside WR3.

Breshad Perriman/Denzel Mims, Jets WRs - Mims actually gets a slight bump for me over Perriman (slightly higher avg. target share + % of passes over the middle, should avoid top cover CBs). Though Darnold isn't playing well at all the garbage time prospect still exists, and since all the Jets WRs came back healthy Mims has averaged 8 targets to Perriman's 6.3 (24-19). Perriman seems a bit more boom-bust due to higher aDot but has three scores over that span.

Captain Obvious Pick

Keke Coutee, Texans WR - This was actually in doubt a bit with the thought Isaiah Coulter, 'Steven Mitchell' and even Jordan Akins/Duke Johnson would see more work at WR, but with media outlets saying Coutee will start as the #2 WR outside should make him a decent flex play (expectation is that the Texans will run more 12 personnel the next few weeks). Randall Cobb should come off IR after 2 more games so Coutee once again has a shot to establish himself. Guy had electric game tape 2 years ago will allover-the-field usage, but couldn't stay healthy and battled inconsistency.
Very nice.

After losing Will Fuller and with my M. Evans on bye these are exactly the three I'm looking at (along with D. Mooney).

G. Davis will get the snaps, but I fear that this week, the SF D is coming on strong and could bleed the clock a bit. Probably solid, but don't see ceiling.

Mims, available on the wire vs not for Perriman, seems like he has loads of talent. LV D is nothing to write home about. One of these games Darnold is going to hit him big and he'll be the pickup of the week. Wouldn't be a bad pickup for this week and maybe down the stretch.

K. Coutee is a curious one for me. This guy when he first emerged was a big producer, but hasn't done squat since due to injury or other. This would seem to be a prime spot to get back in the groove with Watson. Considering HOU can't run the ball I'd think Coutee has a safe floor, but may also have a high ceiling since he's been a redzone target lately.

Not many mentioning D. Mooney, but bum or not, Trubisky has cakewalk matchups through the end of the fantasy playoffs. I'm sure he'll throw some INTs and fumble things around, but considering this team can't/doesn't like to run, I think A. Robinson and somebody else benefits. Watching last week's game, Trubisky seems disinterested in throwing to the TEs. Meanwhile Mooney got many looks down the field.

Right now prioritizing as:

1. K. Coutee

2. D. Mims

3. G. Davis

4. D. Mooney

Very nice.

After losing Will Fuller and with my M. Evans on bye these are exactly the three I'm looking at (along with D. Mooney).

G. Davis will get the snaps, but I fear that this week, the SF D is coming on strong and could bleed the clock a bit. Probably solid, but don't see ceiling.

Mims, available on the wire vs not for Perriman, seems like he has loads of talent. LV D is nothing to write home about. One of these games Darnold is going to hit him big and he'll be the pickup of the week. Wouldn't be a bad pickup for this week and maybe down the stretch.

K. Coutee is a curious one for me. This guy when he first emerged was a big producer, but hasn't done squat since due to injury or other. This would seem to be a prime spot to get back in the groove with Watson. Considering HOU can't run the ball I'd think Coutee has a safe floor, but may also have a high ceiling since he's been a redzone target lately.

Not many mentioning D. Mooney, but bum or not, Trubisky has cakewalk matchups through the end of the fantasy playoffs. I'm sure he'll throw some INTs and fumble things around, but considering this team can't/doesn't like to run, I think A. Robinson and somebody else benefits. Watching last week's game, Trubisky seems disinterested in throwing to the TEs. Meanwhile Mooney got many looks down the field.

Right now prioritizing as:

1. K. Coutee

2. D. Mims

3. G. Davis

4. D. Mooney
Great work here @The Frankman as well)

Tgis list is spot on for me. I might actually have to start one of these guys (Godwin bye, Julio hammy) but thankfully it won’t affect my seeding.

I tend to load and unload my QB2, have been doing it ever since Dak went down and Rodgers is my primary but I wanted to offer up a POV you should use and that's disarming a potential bomb before it goes off. The same 3-4-5 QBs fill my league's WW same as yours be it Goff or Wentz or Carr, etc...and I grab one every week more so to keep them off other owners rosters that I think might potentially hurt me with one of them especially in a H2H situation where they have a shaky QB1. 

I've done this same thing other years just as a blocker as much as anything. Occasionally a guy gets so hot I keep them but again it's more about keeping them off others rosters. Wentz is snake eyes so often you almost want him out there to tempt FFManagers. 

How did you guys do? Because all playoffs spots were decided things were quiet in my 12 team league (and a number of teams are out of FAAB) so I got pretty much everyone I wanted:

Dropped: Teddy Bridgewater, Duke Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Giants D

Picked up: Chicago D ($3, no one bid), Devontae Booker ($2, tied but had bid priority), Keke Coutee ($2, beat out a $0 bid) and Kirk Cousins ($0, dunno if Lamar Jackson will play).

Perriman and Engram were picked up in my league, Mims and Coulter are unclaimed. I may look to nab one of them if Lamar gets the green light to play early.

This was a helpful discussion and aligned with my thinking with a bit more in depth analysis to confirm my initial take. Took Coutee to fill my WR5 but probably won’t start him unless Julio can’t go. Hopefully never need him but if he reverts to late 2018 form, gonna be nice having the Watson stack. Early reports are Jones is feeling good so he’s unlikely to ever be in the lineup but nice to have upside in case he is required.

I was debating Mims or Davis to cover Godwin’s bye, leaning towards the rookie in the better offense (& wet weather may be a factor for Mims/Perriman), and while on a late night walkabout I remembered Trubisky has beaten Detroit four straight times. 12 TDs (3 in each), 1 INT, with a rating of 125.5 (77.7 in the 21 games against the rest of the league.) Mooney didn’t do much WK1 but I’ve been impressed with his film all year. It’s def a boom/bust gamble but with Thomas limited by having Taysom I could probably use a little juice. He’s probably just a one week rental BUT he does have a sweet stretch coming up if there’s any 9 route chemistry there.

WR3 is melancholy and infinite sadness. It’s impossible to get it right with consistency. One-time would be amazing. Aside - I’m locked in to #4 seed so NBD regardless of outcome, but happy with the process I used so that’s enough for today.

Mooney didn’t do much WK1 but I’ve been impressed with his film all year. It’s def a boom/bust gamble but with Thomas limited by having Taysom I could probably use a little juice. He’s probably just a one week rental BUT he does have a sweet stretch coming up if there’s any 9 route chemistry there.
I just received an alert that Allen Robinson was downgraded to questionable with a knee injury. Something to watch.

I picked up Mims. I did see that weather could be a factor. If ARob is out I think I'd pivot to Mooney rather quickly.

I just received an alert that Allen Robinson was downgraded to questionable with a knee injury. Something to watch.

I picked up Mims. I did see that weather could be a factor. If ARob is out I think I'd pivot to Mooney rather quickly.
for 2021, do you think Mooney's usage will go up or stay about the same as this year?

for 2021, do you think Mooney's usage will go up or stay about the same as this year?
I think it depends on several things.

1.  Is Matt Nagy back as Head Coach?

2.  Does Allen Robinson return?

3.  Who is the Bears' QB in 2021?

4.  Do the Bears add any other receiver talent in the offseason or draft?

I have Mooney rostered in dynasty, and I am excited about his potential future, but there are a number of moving parts which could affect Mooney's future role and production.

If you were looking for a QB for just Week 16,  who would you grab?

Mayfield (vs Jets)

Brees (vs Min)

Stafford (vs TB)

Or just roll with Roethlisberger vs Indy?

If you were looking for a QB for just Week 16,  who would you grab?

Mayfield (vs Jets)

Brees (vs Min)

Stafford (vs TB)

Or just roll with Roethlisberger vs Indy?
If   Brees is back him but I'd pick up J. Winston.  One of the Saints qbs will be a good start.   Followed by Mayfield.  Yuck. Mitch TRUBISKY i might be on the we I'd start him before Mayfield.

Is that great news? Mooney doesn’t have a fully developed route tree. A-Rob is a master craftsman who receives a lot of attention.

Mooney DNP Friday (knee) but Nagy says it’s precautionary. Was not on the injury report Thursday so that’s weird, but he should go Sunday. A-Rob got hurt during Friday practice and they shut him down to be safe. Hopefully both will be fine.

Def might raise Anthony Miller’s floor. He just got dropped in my league but I’m not sure when those waivers run. Usually it’s Friday overnight (330-530 Sat morning) so hopefully it will be only set back one day. Weird week so I’m not certain.

Looks like Julio is all systems go. I’m hopeful that Taysom lob a few more knuckleballs this week so maybe it’s not as bleak as I thought for Can’tGuardMike. Wondering if I want Mooney’s upside (higher risk) or a floor guy with a bad QB like Jakobi (another curious drop.) Jeudy also out there. Real “wat the...” waivers run last night.

That's all I have unless I forgot someone.
Cleveland WR Rashard Higgins

WR KhaDarel Hodge was starting but is OUT this week with a hammy.

Not the first hamstring injury he has had this season.

KhaDarel Hodge Ruled Out Against Tennessee Titans

The Cleveland Browns ruled out wide receiver KhaDarel Hodge on Friday with a hamstring injury. It appears to have been suffered during the week of practice and unfortunately, it's not the first hamstring injury he has suffered this season.

Hodge suffered a hamstring injury in warmups before the game against the Dallas Cowboys and was unable to play in that game as well as the remaining four games games before the bye week...
Mayfield missed a WIDE OPEN Higgins last week at the goal line.  Baker Mayfield Somehow Misses WIDE OPEN Touchdown vs Jags

Higgins will get the start this week and the last time Hodge had a hamstring injury it took an entire month before he made it back so Hollywood Higgins 'looks' to be the starter for the rest of the FF season and I think Mayfield will connect if/when he gets down to the GL the next time.

For those desperate for an RB, Kerryon Johnson might be a decent play. Swift is either going to be out or very limited, and AP only got about half of KJ's yardage last week with the same amount of touches (98/15 for KJ).  Lions are also down to just 4 WRs, so more 2 TE formations with a mix of run and dink and dunk?  And as was mentioned elsewhere, the OC turned interim HC wants to pick up the pace of the offense.

For those desperate for an RB, Kerryon Johnson might be a decent play. Swift is either going to be out or very limited, and AP only got about half of KJ's yardage last week with the same amount of touches (98/15 for KJ).  Lions are also down to just 4 WRs, so more 2 TE formations with a mix of run and dink and dunk?  And as was mentioned elsewhere, the OC turned interim HC wants to pick up the pace of the offense.
I'm starting him out of desperation today, but he will get an opportunity.  

Users who are viewing this thread