What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tricks you played on your dad (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
Our family bath tub had a lever that would turn the shower on.  if you left it up loaded with water it would squirt the next person who turned the faucet.

Well one day I decided to get pops when he got home from golfing with a few beers in him, so I set it all up and went out to play.

Sure enough he fell for it.  we had a good laugh around the dinner table and you congratulated me.

I tried it again and subsequent years but he never fell for it.  Pretty sure you checked that little faucet every shower for the rest of his life.

grateful zed said:
got home from golfing with a few beers in him

we had a good laugh around the dinner table
After the first part, I thought this story was going to end a lot differently.  :thumbup:  

My father is getting older by moments and years. I'm gonna miss him, or he me. I know it's bleak, but that's what this post reminded me of. Ray Kurzweil said that death was sad. There is probably no triter yet better put sentiment than that.

I’ll go the opposite with a trick my dad played on me.  I was a kid of the 70s and 80s lower middle class.  Our house had a detached garage that was not insulated.  Anyways a lot of vehicles during that time had engine block heaters and when it was bitter cold we’d have to plug in the van so it would start the next day.  

At night he’d pull 3/4 of the way into the garage and leaving it running with the headlights on while I’d have to hop out and plug it in and once I moved he’s pulled the rest of the way in.  Anyways almost every time he’d lay on the horn as I was trying to plug the van in.  Knew it was coming and still scared the #### out of me.

Years later I’m at their house, different one and we’re in my vehicle getting ready to go out to dinner.  He forgot something in the house and had to run back in. Sure enough on his way back to my vehicle he walks right in front so I lay on the horn.  Scared the crap out of him but he just laughed and said “paybacks a #####.”

Users who are viewing this thread