Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Steelers-Ravens Game thread


Recommended Posts

Can't overstate how important that Steelers turnover was. That was the game on the line. Just hold on to the ball and you're golden. These guys have like five first downs in them today.

Touchdown Edwards!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Goodell: “We believe our protocols are working.”  You’re literally talking at the halftime of a regular season game at 5 on on a Wednesday.

Hope everyone is having a happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

I'll never forget where I was when James Washington made his Wednesday catch on a pop-up thrown by Big Ben.

Just now, The_Man said:

Center's short arms paid off for him getting under Nose Tackle there

Was just laughing about short-arm. You think Tucker misses that XP? No way.

Ravens lead. Hwarf.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, how many people thought the Ravens could take the lead at any point in this football game after Jo Haden returned that Interception for a TD on the Ravens 2nd drive deep in their own territory? Did anyone think the Ravens would be able to take the lead at some point in this football game?

  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

Honestly, how many people thought the Ravens could take the lead at any point in this football game after Jo Haden returned that Interception for a TD on the Ravens 2nd drive deep in their own territory? Did anyone think the Ravens would be able to take the lead at some point in this football game?

Wasn't sure if they would score - at least until garbage time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Man said:

Tirico really just said, "Justin Tucker, good kicker"

Might be understating the matter a little there

Tucker is first ballot HoF. If there are kickers there, everything about the guy is unflappable and perfect for a K.

He and Vinatieri should be in as generational kickers, one X, one Y.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_Man said:

Tirico really just said, "Justin Tucker, good kicker"

Might be understating the matter a little there

I think it is funny that he is an opera singer too! I saw the special on him on 60 minutes a few years back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Uruk-Hai said:

I think he's really good, rock. The Ravens don't get him the ball enough.

Yeah, @EBFin the Shark Pool was really high on him in his scouting stuff. I'd known of him from watching his highlights out of Texas. This is also by way of lobbying for EBF to keep posting in the SP. I've disagreed with him before, but his insight is valuable.

You might also be able to say the same things about Brown and Boykin with respect to not getting the ball enough, too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Tucker is first ballot HoF. If there are kickers there, everything about the guy is unflappable and perfect for a K.

He and Vinatieri should be in as generational kickers, one X, one Y.

seriously - basically your doomed if a short drive into FG range is all the Ratbirds need for a win

-QG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Man said:

Ravens fans always conflicted when they go up against a Terp, like McFarland

Worst flag and unis in the United States, the Terps version of it. Let that thing be, please.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Tucker is first ballot HoF. If there are kickers there, everything about the guy is unflappable and perfect for a K.

He and Vinatieri should be in as generational kickers, one X, one Y.

Agreed. Anybody that says kickers dont belong in fantasy football has obviously never owned Justin Tucker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Man said:

Yeah, but racist

Oh really. Something about its history (I've long since moved from MD) told me not to like, but I seem to have forgotten it. I know at one point I really didn't like it.

I used to hang out at Enoch Pratt in Baltimore for my job so I remember some characteristics about the city that others might not be aware of. Like the Mencken library is there, IIRC.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great.....

Elliott is having a breakout season and it looks like he's ok. Exciting young Safety who is a wrecking machine

Wolfe, I'm hoping it's a high ankle sprain and not a break. But their D Line is so thin today that this will be a huge loss. Gonna need The Replacements to show out up front

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Man said:

Oh great.....

Elliott is having a breakout season and it looks like he's ok. Exciting young Safety who is a wrecking machine

Wolfe, I'm hoping it's a high ankle sprain and not a break. But their D Line is so thin today that this will be a huge loss. Gonna need The Replacements to show out up front

I had DeShon in my IDP dynasty league. I dropped him a while back. Should I reconsider?

eta* Never mind. He gone.

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Man said:

Oh great.....

Elliott is having a breakout season and it looks like he's ok. Exciting young Safety who is a wrecking machine

Wolfe, I'm hoping it's a high ankle sprain and not a break. But their D Line is so thin today that this will be a huge loss. Gonna need The Replacements to show out up front

Really can’t afford another DL injury. Today may be a lost cause anyways but I still think the D can be really good if they’re all healthy together.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you hear how Collinsworth frames the Covid situation for Baltimore who is woefully underman today trying their best to honor the NFL and the fans and do the right thing and get thru this, they should be thanked or handled with a little more respect or kid gloves than he's doing. 

He could reserve the obvious about how thin they are and wait until the Ravens do something good which they have already and praise them for being able to do that short handed, instead he almost snickers and saying how Pittsburgh is going right back to test the Ravens and press them into submission, it's just bad spirit as an announcer I find. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

I had DeShon in my IDP dynasty league. I dropped him a while back. Should I reconsider?

I don't keep track of IDP stats so I don't know how he scores. Unlikely to get any INTs. Lots of tackles and absolutely lays the wood when he gets there but doesn't blitz much. Probably a better real life player than fantasy 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Did you hear how Collinsworth frames the Covid situation for Baltimore who is woefully underman today trying their best to honor the NFL and the fans and do the right thing and get thru this, they should be thanked or handled with a little more respect or kid gloves than he's doing. 

He could reserve the obvious about how thin they are and wait until the Ravens do something good which they have already and praise them for being able to do that short handed, instead he almost snickers and saying how Pittsburgh is going right back to test the Ravens and press them into submission, it's just bad spirit as an announcer I find. 

He might be snickering ruefully. That's the tone I got. That he wants it to be a game, but it could get out of control really quickly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Man said:

Oh great.....

Elliott is having a breakout season and it looks like he's ok. Exciting young Safety who is a wrecking machine

Wolfe, I'm hoping it's a high ankle sprain and not a break. But their D Line is so thin today that this will be a huge loss. Gonna need The Replacements to show out up front

Wolfe looks fine judging on that last mantackle he made

Edited by Ministry of Pain
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Wolfe looks fine judging on that last mantackle he made

Yup dodged that bullet. Wolfe Campbell Williams the rookie Judon Yannick works on the DL with the talented secondary back there. Would love to see them all together soon!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...