What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody rolling with Fitzmagic this weekend or thinking about it? (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
If he is in fact starting and if you are in fact starting him as a result, how confident are you feeling or will you be?

I lost Dak earlier this year and have the QB carousal going on.  A win and I'm in the playoffs and I am giving strong consideration to starting to Fitz. 

Anybody else in the same position?

I own Fitzmagic in a Superflex league...if he’s starting I’m playing him over Stafford. 

‘Do you believe in (Fitz)Magic?!’

I own Fitzmagic in a Superflex league...if he’s starting I’m playing him over Stafford. 

‘Do you believe in (Fitz)Magic?!’
12 team Superflex played him over Matt Ryan last week with no regrets.  Will play him with Ryan this week if he is starting (over Darnold, Smith, Brandon Allen lol) but would start him over Stafford as well.

I can win some dough if I end up with the most points after week 13. I need to outscore 3 other teams all within 30 points of me. One of them is just one point behind. 

I currently have Rivers as the starter with Cam on the bench. Rivers has a good matchup but they may just run the ball. He's been pretty solid lately. I can't trust Cam anymore. I picked up Fitz and if he is the starter I am going with him. He has plenty of motivation to play well and it's a great match up. The Miami RB's are banged up although it looks like Gaskin can come back this week. I think that would help Fitz with his pass catching. 

Thanks for feedback...I am trying to decide between Fits, Goff, Carr....and leaning towards rolling with Fitz.  Anybody consider Carr or Goff better options?  

Thanks for feedback...I am trying to decide between Fits, Goff, Carr....and leaning towards rolling with Fitz.  Anybody consider Carr or Goff better options?  
I only LOL’ed and scrolled on but I saw today Key said Goff is better than Murray.

here

Somebody read it & gimme the cliff notes, I cannot with that man.

Thing about the Rams / Goff is it’s sometimes hard to know their identity; sometimes they just wanna run a lot and who can blame them with that D.

I wouldn’t trust Carr after he spit the bit in a plus matchup last weekend but a contrarian would say “meh, it’s an up/down league, they’ll bounce back bc matchup.” The weather forecast has improved the last 24 hours so maybe that one.

Fitz has a great matchup but you won’t know until Sunday a.m., right? (did I miss an update?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I only LOL’ed and scrolled on but I saw today Key said Goff is better than Murray.

here

Somebody read it & gimme the cliff notes, I cannot with that man.

Thing about the Rams / Goff is it’s sometimes hard to know their identity; sometimes they just wanna run a lot and who can blame them with that D.

I wouldn’t trust Carr after he spit the bit in a plus matchup last weekend but a contrarian would say “meh, it’s an up/down league, they’ll bounce back bc matchup.” The weather forecast has improved the last 24 hours so maybe that one.

Fitz has a great matchup but you won’t know until Sunday a.m., right? (did I miss an update?)
Yeah Sunday AM is when the QB will be announced as I have not heard anything otherwise.  I'm def leaning toward Fitz and your point about Rams is well taken...

I really don’t get why the Dolphins would start Tua over Fitzmagic when he gives them the best chance to win. 

Boo-urns.  Really changes my superflex options with Fitz likely not starting down to gross options like Alex Smith, Darnold, Allen, Crowder, Renfrow, Mooney.  Easily a 10-15 point drop down to those guys in my scoring at least.

Really too bad Fitz isn't starting somewhere this season with all the spots that opened up through the season.  Definitely better than several current weekly starters in my book. (I don't actually have a book).

I think this could have a slight impact on DeVante Parker if Tua is going to start. 
I’m definitely downgrading Parker if Tua is in there. Still starting him (no choice with bye week issues) but not expecting much. Although I guess there is always the chance Tua gets the hook for Fitz again for performance issues or if it’s clear the hand injury is still bothering him. Parker was able to double his points for the day once Fitz came in for Tua in the Denver game, so I could see something similar possibly playing out here.

I think this could have a slight impact on DeVante Parker if Tua is going to start. 
MoP on it as usual. I currently have Gaskin in over Parker in the Flex and may move Parker out of my DraftKings lineup with this info. The Fitzmagic to Parker combo worked well last year and this year. Tua just tempers expectations a bit. Now I'm looking at Gaskin with Gallman currently on the bench. Gaskin coming off knee sprain vs a hot commodity in Gallman. 

Fitzmagic just seems to offer a bit of upside excitement for the Dolphins in general, eh? Crazy. Tua will be fine in the future I would imagine.

From the FBG Sunday updates page

MIA - QB Tua Tagovailoa Expected To Start

Summary: Ian Rapoport reported, "QB Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) is expected to be back in as the starter today, source said, assuming all goes well in warmups. In anticipation of being back in the lineup, Tua took most of the first-team reps this week."

Summary: Ian Rapoport reported, "QB Tua Tagovailoa (thumb) is expected to be back in as the starter today, source said, assuming all goes well in warmups. In anticipation of being back in the lineup, Tua took most of the first-team reps this week."
What a pile of heaping stupidity. I would pull a hamstring if I were Devante Parker.

This is the game to start Tua,  vs the Bengals, if you wanna see more game time film, and not risk a loss. Fitzpatrick is waiting in the bullpen just in case.

:sadbanana: ...  :censored:

That's a good way to lose a game you should win.
With Burrow, the Bengal would have a chance. With Brandon Allen starting, the Bengals have no chance - the Miami defense is good. The Bengals only got 155 yards total offense last week vs the giants.

I'm keeping Fitz on my roster.
I am too...I really wanted to start him today but now left to pick between Goff and Carr......WDIS?  I know it's not the right place but appreciate any assistance.  Sig Bloom says Goff.....

Users who are viewing this thread