What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you an alcoholic? (2 Viewers)

How worried are you about your own drinking?

• not worried at all

Votes: 122 52.1%
  • I can see how it would go bad but I'm nowhere near that point

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • I'm a little worried but staying pretty strong most days

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I wasn't worried until you posted this poll

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Friends , family or a significant other has mentioned I drink too much but I'm ok

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I probably drink too much but nobody has confronted me about it yet

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • i probably drink too much, and people I know well have started to mention it

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I definitely drink more than I should but I could stop at any time

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • I definitely drink more than I should but I don't want to stop right now

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • I definitely drink more than I should and I have tried stopping but it's hard

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I definitely drink more than I should and I have tried stopping but I can't

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I am an alcoholic

Votes: 17 7.3%

• Total voters

bostonfred

Footballguy
With all the drinking during the pandemic, there will be a lot of alcoholism to deal with. I'm not judging... I'm currently drinking a bottle of wine I didn't even realize I owned and discovered today. I have only recently graduated from boxed wine. My high horse is neck deep in Franzia.  

My question to you is - anonymously, and without judgment- are you worried about your drinking?  If so, how worried are you?

Please do not feel obligated to say how you voted 

My vote was

I'm a little worried but staying pretty strong most days

I have gone months without drinking during this pandemic. I've also over drinkeded more than once. 

I moved from Consumer Electronics to Wine and Spirits late in 2019. Been an interesting year, but I went from maybe having the remnants of a six pack in my fridge to a few dozen bottles of spirits on hand. I'm definitely drinking more than I did two years ago, but probably from an average of two drinks a week to four or so.

Answered not worried at all, but 100% honest, I could see how it would go bad.

ohhhhhh man.  

I have always been a hard partier - and have always been a good-natured friendly drunk guy to be around.  

But since retirement, I have had way too much time on my hands and tend to let things get to me. 

Have had our MIL living with us for the last 2 months - and it's been stressful.  

I had a Frank Costanza "Festivus" moment with my wife and MIL last week - "I got a lot of problems with you people - and now you're gonna hear about it!!" 

I have laid off the booze and just gone with a beer or two the last couple of weeks.

Man, my body just doesn't process liquor the way it used to ...

Drink more than I should but not worried about it.  On the weekends have 2 or 3 cocktails on Friday and Sat night with an occasional drink during the week.  During the warm weather months add quite a bit more weekday drinking with golfing and having a beer or two or three while cooking out.  I seldom get drunk but get buzzed up quite a bit. 

despite that I’m in relatively good shape, could drop about 10-15 lbs and I know cutting out alcohol would go a long ways towards that but really it’s my only vice. It’s doesn’t impact my work or personal life in anyway so screw it I enjoy it and will continue to imbibe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not worried at all about having an outwardly facing problem. I could go days without drinking and not think about it. Never an issue at work. Hardly ever drank at home before the pandemic. Mostly business trips. Never get sloppy. Never blacked out. Never drink and drive. None of that. I’m sort of a binge drinker with a high tolerance. Out with the boys on a golf trip? Can have 5-6 vodka sodas + wine. Definitely buzzed, good time, rinse and repeat the next few days of the trip. Wouldn’t even think it’s an issue except that I’ve had a heart attack and alcohol is a risk factor. I was in Vegas the weekend before I got on my Peleton last December. Lots of drinking that weekend. 

I don’t think I have an alcohol problem at all, but my body may be saying otherwise. 

Don't really drink much at all. Never have. My last drink was about half a cup of champagne @Maverick Helicopters in Vegas on 12/11/2017.

Never really understood the appeal of alcohol. My experience with “feeling buzzed” is about the same as the the medicine-headed sensation I get by taking a Benadryl. If I drink more, I just get sleepy, totally bypassing the euphoria/relaxation others describe as being pleasantly drunk.

But more surprising than craving that sensation is the sheer volume of liquid people consume. I rarely drink more than 12-24 oz of any beverage at a sitting. Even if I liked it, I don’t think I’m thirsty enough to ever have a drinking problem.

I drink socially, and I'm not a social person.
Im a bit more social, but this is me. Amd during covid...yeah. 

Normally have 2-10 drinks a month, most of them in a sitting if we're out with friends. During covid, a very occasional glass of wine or scotch if the wife pours herself something. Although I've noticed the wife is starting to drink more :oldunsure:

I only drink light beer, no hard stuff.    I never drink just to have a beer or two so I go days and weeks without drinking.  When I do drink the minimum is 4- 6 Bud or Miller Lites, party situation 8-10. It is hard to get really hammered on Lite beer.

My wife has a glass of red wine almost every night and she is one of the few among our friends that can have one drink and stop. If I am only going to have one drink I would  rather have none.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Just noting, because I’m that guy - 

Topic asks - “are you an alcoholic?” 
First post asks - “are you worried about your drinking?”

Different questions!

Almost all of the replies answer the unasked question, “how much do you drink”?

Different questions!

To expand upon this, alcoholism, or alcohol use disorder is defined as follows:

To be diagnosed with AUD, individuals must meet certain criteria outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). Under DSM–5, the current version of the DSM, anyone meeting any two of the 11 criteria during the same 12-month period receives a diagnosis of AUD. The severity of AUD—mild, moderate, or severe—is based on the number of criteria met.

To assess whether you or loved one may have AUD, here are some questions to ask.  In the past year, have you:

Had times when you ended up drinking more, or longer than you intended?

More than once wanted to cut down or stop drinking, or tried to, but couldn’t?

Spent a lot of time drinking? Or being sick or getting over the aftereffects?

Experienced craving — a strong need, or urge, to drink?

Found that drinking — or being sick from drinking — often interfered with taking care of your home or family? Or caused job troubles? Or school problems?

Continued to drink even though it was causing trouble with your family or friends?

Given up or cut back on activities that were important or interesting to you, or gave you pleasure, in order to drink?

More than once gotten into situations while or after drinking that increased your chances of getting hurt (such as driving, swimming, using machinery, walking in a dangerous area, or having unsafe sex)?

Continued to drink even though it was making you feel depressed or anxious or adding to another health problem? Or after having had a memory blackout?

Had to drink much more than you once did to get the effect you want? Or found that your usual number of drinks had much less effect than before?

Found that when the effects of alcohol were wearing off, you had withdrawal symptoms, such as trouble sleeping, shakiness, irritability, anxiety, depression, restlessness, nausea, or sweating? Or sensed things that were not there?

If you have any of these symptoms, your drinking may already be a cause for concern. The more symptoms you have, the more urgent the need for change. A health professional can conduct a formal assessment of your symptoms to see if AUD is present.
Also relevant:

Moderate alcohol consumption:

According to the "Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020,” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture, moderate drinking is up to 1 drink per day for women and up to 2 drinks per day for men.

Binge Drinking:

NIAAA defines binge drinking as a pattern of drinking alcohol that brings blood alcohol concentration (BAC) to 0.08 percent - or 0.08 grams of alcohol per deciliter - or higher. For a typical adult, this pattern corresponds to consuming 5 or more drinks (male), or 4 or more drinks (female), in about 2 hours.

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which conducts the annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), defines binge drinking as 5 or more alcoholic drinks for males or 4 or more alcoholic drinks for females on the same occasion (i.e., at the same time or within a couple of hours of each other) on at least 1 day in the past month.

Heavy Alcohol Use:

NIAAA defines heavy alcohol use as more than 4 drinks on any day for men or more than 3 drinks for women.

SAMHSA defines heavy alcohol use as binge drinking on 5 or more days in the past month.

Patterns of drinking associated with Alcohol Use Disorder: 

Binge drinking and heavy alcohol use can increase an individual's risk of alcohol use disorder.

Different questions!

I’ll rephrase. My wife is worried I’m not closer to being an alcoholic. 

Not worried

i probably have at least a drink or two every day, but will go without occasionally 

I definitely have a tendency to binge drink on certain occasions (weddings, vacations, parties, random Saturdays)

ive always considered an alcoholic as someone who can’t not drink, and I’m nowhere near that point

we do have a neighbor a few doors down that’s a definite alcoholic.  Yesterday she was outside at 10 AM asking the garbage men to open her 2 liter of lemonade for her

Nope. 

I can probably count on one hand the number of drinks with alcohol I've had this year.  I drank booze less and less over time to the point now that I have such low tolerance for it, two drinks will give me a slight buzz.  And if I do drink, it it at a friend's house or out somewhere (I have never been a home drinker), and the last thing I want to do is drive home when having any kind of buzz, so I will occasionally have one to enjoy, but that's it. 

Its definitely in the back of my mind as being prone to it given a Wisconsin upbringing and family who were alcoholics.  So I am always mindful of things.

But have never felt "oh, I just have to have a drink".  I enjoy a drink...I don't drink "to get drunk".  Was probably close to that a few years ago due to a little depression and things that had gone on.  These days...like last night...I just enjoy sipping something (be it bourbon...or this time of year Salted Caramel Crown Royal).  2-3 drinks max.

Might have a couple beers today as I smoke a Butt...but may not...same with tomorrow watching the Packers.  Its possible I have a beer or 3.  But I may not...its not a big deal if I do or don't I guess.

Could I quite altogether?  Probably.  I have for Lent before and it wasn't a big deal.  Do I want to quit altogether?  Not really.  As I said, I enjoy it whether its sipping bourbon or a couple of beers with friends or for a game.

I average 2-3 drinks per day.

Some days none, some days 5-6.  It has definitely risen over the last few months.

I've gone months without before, so don't have the "alcoholic gene", but I'm definitely self medicating which I know is unhealthy.

Odd thing is, my life is pretty good right now, I just prefer to drink often.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
smokes and carbs have turned out to be my only actual addictions. i've done a substantial variety & amount of drugs, and drank an alcoholics portion of booze in the dozen years i was high on coke for 3/4 of my waking life. since detoxing in my uncle's hunting cabin for a winter after my wife died 20some yrs ago, however. i have been able to both drink & drug when i wanted without ever getting carried away. my troubling cardiac health keeps me from wanting to be overly high anymore, but i have never feared myself around mind-altering substances. dunno if i'm lucky or merely a superior individual...

Not worried. Was probably drinking more pre-pandemic when I had a ton of work travel. During quarantine I probably upped my home drinking but also go weeks without having drinks. Recently I've started mixing in NA beers for a change of pace. I enjoy the taste of the Athletic Brewing NA beers.

Drink more than I should but not worried about it.  On the weekends have 2 or 3 cocktails on Friday and Sat night with an occasional drink during the week.  During the warm weather months add quite a bit more weekday drinking with golfing and having a beer or two or three while cooking out.  I seldom get drunk but get buzzed up quite a bit. 

despite that I’m in relatively good shape, could drop about 10-15 lbs and I know cutting out alcohol would go a long ways towards that but really it’s my only vice. It’s doesn’t impact my work or personal life in anyway so screw it I enjoy it and will continue to imbibe.
This is essentially exactly what I was going to say.  If I was really being honest with myself, I drink "more than I should".  But it's never impacted any personal/professional relationships or led to high-risk behavior (blackouts, driving drunk, etc).  I don't drink to get drunk, I drink because I love craft beer, nice liquors, good cocktails.  Getting a buzz is a nice side-effect.

As I've gotten older, I find I have fewer of the heavier-drinking occasions, partially because I'm going out to bars less (especially these days) and because my tolerance and ability to shrug off a hangover aren't what they used to be.  I'm more likely to have a cocktail on a Wednesday than I was 8 years ago, but I'm also more likely to keep it to 1 drink rather than an occasional 4-beer Thursday at a bar.

I don't drink most days because of trying to be in some sort of decent shape and family history (my dad was an alcoholic). As a general rule I don't drink Monday to Thursday. 

That said, the binge description up there definitely describes me. Not like 10 a night but I'm not a stranger to having 6 beers on a Friday night. I've got a group that meets at the pub every Friday after work for 2 or 3 and it's pretty easy to come home on those nights, and have 2 or 3 more with the wife. 

I should cut back on those binge nights for sure but I love beer. 

Ever since college, I've been a moderate drinker. It's only been in the last couple of years where my body seems to crave it late afternoon especially when I'm off work for long stretches. I can see where that can go bad. It has not taken much willpower to resist those cravings. So not worried, fully recognizing that my body may be healthier without it, but I'm not sure I'd be happier. 

I rarely have more than 3 drinks in one sitting but perhaps have 1-2 drinks a few nights a week.  

I'm really not worried at all.  I could completely cut it if i wanted to but also see no reason why i would need to do that.

Between 0 and 4 glasses of wine any given night.  Probably drink 3-4 days per week.  Might have one might have a couple, might have a couple more if hanging out with friends.

This is significantly higher than it was pre covid, but I don't see it as an issue.... is it an issue?

A lot of people who are having trouble and aren't posting about it.  

If you are concerned about your drinking and not posting about it, let's talk about some generic strategies we can use to keep the pandemic from changing our lives for the worse.

Like, maybe work on that liver health. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower might be a good idea.  Drinking lots of water is important.  Getting some fiber isn't a bad idea either. You don't want that yuck lingering in your digestive system. Even if you're not looking to quit or slow down, you should consider your health.

If this is newer behavior, consider why you have been drinking more.  Are you bored?  Lonely? Down because of the pandemic? Politics fatigue? Work (or unemployment) stress?  Locked in? Is a friend or significant other drinking with you and you're feeding each other's bad habits? 

Maybr consider some rules -

No drinking before 7. Or whatever time works for you. No drinking before the kids go to bed. You probably informally have rules like this in your head but make the 

No drinking on certain days. Maybe no drinking on weeknights is too big a change right now. At least pick a day each week when you don't drink.

No drinking right before bed.  If you usually go to sleep at midnight, cut yourself off at 11. That last drink won't do much except make you sleep badly.  

Pick a non drinking activity that you enjoy and that doesn't go well with drinking and make that your new habit. Sober Tuesday is when we cook a fun meal or work on the house or get on the treadmill. Maybe something more fun than that.  You be the judge.

No drinking alone. If you want to drink with someone on zoom, set up some zoom dates with friends and family.  Maybe you're just drinking because you're lonely.  

No drinking more than x. If you're routinely knocking back 4 or 5 drinks a night then let's try capping that at 3. If you’re routinely finishing a bottle of wine, get a vacuum sealer so you can close it off after a couple glasses and save some for tomorrow. If you're routinely getting sloshed with the wife, try 

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. I just want to see my fellow FBGs stay safe and healthy through this pandemic, If you think you might have a serious problem then there are resources available. AA is certainly one of the best known but some people shy away because they think it involves religion.  If I understand correctly, that's not true- you do acknowledge a higher power, but not in a religious sense. Your friends and family can be your higher power, or anything that has meaning to you, There's other options too. Feel free to reach out to me over PM if you're feeling down or need to talk about it.  I can't guarantee I'll see it but I'll do what I can. 

I developed an alcohol allergy around age 22.  After a little experimentation to see if it was some other ingredient (say, hops) and deciding it was definitely alcohol, I stopped drinking.  I've had a couple of glasses of wine when I couldn't easily decline while working in France, and a beer in a brewhouse in Germany because I wanted it, and that's it for the last 25 years.

then you're not doing it right.
So they say. But believe me, I’ve tried my share of alcohol over the years, and there’s never been anything that has opened my eyes to the joys of drinking. 

If there are people who are particularly susceptible to addiction, there are probably others who just don’t have a taste for alcohol, or its mind-altering effects.

If you are concerned about your drinking and not posting about it, let's talk about some generic strategies we can use to keep the pandemic from changing our lives for the worse.

Like, maybe work on that liver health. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower might be a good idea.  Drinking lots of water is important.  Getting some fiber isn't a bad idea either. You don't want that yuck lingering in your digestive system. Even if you're not looking to quit or slow down, you should consider your health.

If this is newer behavior, consider why you have been drinking more.  Are you bored?  Lonely? Down because of the pandemic? Politics fatigue? Work (or unemployment) stress?  Locked in? Is a friend or significant other drinking with you and you're feeding each other's bad habits? 

No drinking before 7. Or whatever time works for you. No drinking before the kids go to bed. You probably informally have rules like this in your head but make the 

No drinking on certain days. Maybe no drinking on weeknights is too big a change right now. At least pick a day each week when you don't drink.

No drinking right before bed.  If you usually go to sleep at midnight, cut yourself off at 11. That last drink won't do much except make you sleep badly.  

Pick a non drinking activity that you enjoy and that doesn't go well with drinking and make that your new habit. Sober Tuesday is when we cook a fun meal or work on the house or get on the treadmill. Maybe something more fun than that.  You be the judge.

No drinking alone. If you want to drink with someone on zoom, set up some zoom dates with friends and family.  Maybe you're just drinking because you're lonely.  

No drinking more than x. If you're routinely knocking back 4 or 5 drinks a night then let's try capping that at 3. If you’re routinely finishing a bottle of wine, get a vacuum sealer so you can close it off after a couple glasses and save some for tomorrow. If you're routinely getting sloshed with the wife, try 

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. I just want to see my fellow FBGs stay safe and healthy through this pandemic, If you think you might have a serious problem then there are resources available. AA is certainly one of the best known but some people shy away from the religion. There's other options too. Feel free to reach out to me over PM if you're feeling down or need to talk about it.  I can't guarantee I'll see it but I'll do what I can. 
Thought you weren’t going to get preachy?

Thought you weren’t going to get preachy?
Did I?  I said I wasn't judging. And I'm not. But I will preach, if that's what you want to call it, unapologetically. 

Did you read the poll results? 8 people saying they're alcoholics and 20 more saying they definitely drink too much?  That's about 1/4 of all responses so far. 

And that doesnt include people under counting.

I probably undercounted myself. I've had long stretches during the pandemic where I've stopped dinking altogether, but when I have been drinking I have been drinking more than I'd like. I'm drinking right now. I did an hour of yoga, ran a couple miles, came upstairs and my wife and kid were asleep so I poured a glass by myself. And then another. I put a cork in the bottle after two glasses because of this thread, but i snuckvanother half glass. I could easily have killed a bottle, by myself, alone on a Saturday night. That's not ####### healthy. 

I know for some people this topic is a joke and not a problem they're personally facing so they minimize it. And other people are struggling a bit and don't want to admit it so they act like it's a big joke. But for some people this is a pretty serious topic. And if I can start a dialog with one of my lifelong friends at FBG when we're all going through a ####ty time and help even one person  I will, even if it makes me sound preachy. This is a time when it would be very easy to develop a permanent addiction that is very difficult to deal with.

But yes haha hilarious I did sound really preachy and you noticed it and called me out on it and that's funny so thank you for that. 

I have a bourbon every night with a little bit of chocolate and watch TV or Netflix with my wife. It’s our evening wind down. I hate drinking during the day and I haven’t been drunk in a long time except for a couple work trips where things got away from me.

It’s more of a habit at the end of the day and something I look forward to and miss if I don’t get to do it but I also don’t feel like I crave it because a few years back I went six months without drinking it didn’t bother me at all.  So I enjoy a drink every night and don’t feel like it impacts my ability to be a good husband or father or perform at work etc.

bostonfred said:
Did I?  I said I wasn't judging. And I'm not. But I will preach, if that's what you want to call it, unapologetically. 

Did you read the poll results? 8 people saying they're alcoholics and 20 more saying they definitely drink too much?  That's about 1/4 of all responses so far. 

And that doesnt include people under counting.

I probably undercounted myself. I've had long stretches during the pandemic where I've stopped dinking altogether, but when I have been drinking I have been drinking more than I'd like. I'm drinking right now. I did an hour of yoga, ran a couple miles, came upstairs and my wife and kid were asleep so I poured a glass by myself. And then another. I put a cork in the bottle after two glasses because of this thread, but i snuckvanother half glass. I could easily have killed a bottle, by myself, alone on a Saturday night. That's not ####### healthy. 

I know for some people this topic is a joke and not a problem they're personally facing so they minimize it. And other people are struggling a bit and don't want to admit it so they act like it's a big joke. But for some people this is a pretty serious topic. And if I can start a dialog with one of my lifelong friends at FBG when we're all going through a ####ty time and help even one person  I will, even if it makes me sound preachy. This is a time when it would be very easy to develop a permanent addiction that is very difficult to deal with.

But yes haha hilarious I did sound really preachy and you noticed it and called me out on it and that's funny so thank you for that. 
Wasn’t trying to be funny at all. Carry on. 

I have wondered about once folks are in retirement how that has changed their drinking.  With less to do and not as much responsibility, I would have to make sure and have some of the rules Fred talks about.  Now, the most I have during the work week is maybe a bourbon or a beer with dinner on a given night.  It just seems like every day would almost be like a Saturday and that’s easily the day I drink the most historically.

Mr. Ham said:
In March, I started ordering wine online. I selected a case just before Thanksgiving and was greeted with a message that I’d reached the 36 gallon limit allowable for an individual household in TX.

We also ordered wine from Costco along the way, probably another 5 gallons. (20 bottles.) I personally drank the lion’s share of 250 bottles (maybe 230 of them), which averaged under but close to a bottle per day. That’s not sustainable. I cut back since then, but I’m aware it’s not ideal. 

Would generally drink a bottle between 5pm and 10pm. Usually about a glass an hour. At that point, I feel it the next day until around noon. On occasions I go over a bottle (worst is maybe 1.5,) it’s a full blown hangover. 
My buddy told his doctor that he drinks a bottle of red wine a day.  Doctor asked "Do you have a problem?"  My buddy said "Not at all, I could drink two easy"

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. I just want to see my fellow FBGs stay safe and healthy through this pandemic, If you think you might have a serious problem then there are resources available. AA is certainly one of the best known but some people shy away from the religion. There's other options too. Feel free to reach out to me over PM if you're feeling down or need to talk about it.  I can't guarantee I'll see it but I'll do what I can. 
I'll be honest that I'm one of the people you're talking to here.  I've been a heavy drinker since my 30s.  When people think of alcoholics, they tend to think about "real degenerates" who crack open a beer with breakfast, drink at work, pick up DUIs, black out every night, and suffer all sorts of relationship problems.  That's not me.  I have no desire whatsoever to drink before about 4:00 or so.  I have a great marriage and a great relationship with my kids.  I've never had a DUI and I don't drive drunk or buzzed.  My job is great, I've run five marathons, etc.  

The problem is that I really like alcohol.  It tastes great, but more importantly it feels pleasant.  It temporarily shuts off the inner monologue that I normally enjoy but need a break from on occasion.  That's all fine of course, but I know my drinking is problematic for several reasons.  First, none of the rules you mentioned above work.  Obviously this isn't meant to be critical of you because I know you mean well, but people like me look at rules like "Just don't drink on weekdays" or "Stop at three drinks" and know that stuff like this is just wishful thinking.  Second, I've always been the kind of person who would rather have four drinks than one, and who would also rather have zero drinks than one.  That's not a good sign and indicates a dysfunctional relationship with alcohol.  Finally, I know that the overall quantity of my drinking -- a handle of hard liquor would typically last me about four days -- is inconsistent with good health even if hasn't caught up with me yet.  

I'm not going to call anybody out, but I can name at least half a dozen long-time posters on this forum who fit the exact same profile, and I'll bet most readers of this post can as well.

What worked for me is a solution I mentioned in another thread that admittedly isn't possible for everyone: I made a road trip to a nearby state with a well-developed recreational cannabis market, and I loaded up.  For me personally, that has been an extremely positive lifestyle change.  I don't know why this is, but the effects of marijuana make me not want to have more than a drink or two, which is a complete game-changer.  I can have a couple of glasses of wine, or a glass of whisky*, and that's it.  Since early August, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been drunk, and I'm no longer concerned at all about the occasional lapse.  It's also really nice to get a full night of healthy REM sleep and to wake up feeling like a million bucks.  

(*Before somebody else asks or points this out, a "glass of whisky" is 5-6 oz. of hard alcohol and technically qualifies as binge drinking even when it's spread out of the course of an evening.  I'm fine with that.  You'll just have to take my word on it that this is a huge improvement for me.  A side benefit of weed is that whisky tastes amazing and different brands taste like totally different products.  A downside to weed is that cheap wine tastes like lemonade (white) or kool aid (red) and cheap whiskies taste like a one-note symphony, so I've been spending more on smaller quantities of legitimately good wine and liquor, but I'm an FBG so money is no object to any of this.)

Just sharing this so that you at least get one serious response.

Users who are viewing this thread