What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Benchwarmers that will outscore Alvin Kamara this week (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Other names of this thread title that were tossed around but not limited to...

-I'm starting ________ over Kamara

-2 Part question...Who scores more rushing TDs, Hill or Kamara? 2nd part, Who has more rushing yards for the game?

-With Kamara on the injury report, plus the new QB, can you even roll him out on Sunday? 

I have seen him all over the place this week in rankings. 

I am going to offer up one POV for some of you that if you had Kamara all year you are likely to be Playoff Bound with so many RB1s spending time on the many "lists" that we now keep track of. Kamara was one of the few Top5 picks that didn't go flat until more recently. Some of you play in leagues with a starting roster of RB1-RB2-WR1/2/3/-TE and FLEX or some variant of this. Now if you were playing this with even a small amount of focus you realize year in and year out there are less and less RBs not only on Draft Day but very few gems fall in your lap on Fri Afternoon as you pop that first cold one going into the weekend. Besides Kamara, many of you have an arsenal of WRs...is the starting trio of Hill-Brown-Justin Jefferson which is legit, that's not WR1/2/3, maybe when you drafted or found one of them quickly on the WW, that's actually WR1/1/1.5 or something and so you need to focus on what you can do to stack the roster to what you got at the moment. Now some of you have another 2-3 WRs after your starters that many other competitors of yours would like to acquire and have on their rosters meaning your bench could possibly be better than some starting line ups so hear me out...Make Kamara your Flex this weekend, I know he's been your RB1 but this week that RB2 spot is gonna flip and be your Flex and you are going to go 4 Deep at WR and that stinky Mel Gordon that's been take him or leave him most of the year is going to be your RB1 this week(don't cry), you're going to get a wall of top flight 2020 WRs, that super duper TE Tonyan is gonna roll for you and you flip the RB2 spot and that's now your Flex with Kamara. 

I gave you that pep talk to let you down easy(Sales) but now let's be honest(Operations), who is going to outscore Kamara this week? Don't give me Cook and Henry, that's low hanging fruit. We're looking for Naheim Hines who isn't even likely to start or see the same snaps he saw last week. Cam Akers is a guy who could easily outscore Kamara and he doesn't see half the snaps on his own team, sometimes not even a third. Or how about the young and spry 40 year old Frank Gore who is coming off B2B double digit efforts?

So lay it out there because this '77 Black n Gold Trans Am is running out of gas fast and there doesn't seem to be a Texaco for miles and miles around here.  That one is for @Andy Dufresne 

Pistons poppin', aint no stoppin'...what'cha got?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own Kamara but I do bet props.  Some ranked 20 and lower who could in a PPR format are Dobbins,  Hunt, Gore,  K Johnson, J Richards.   The last two are not for the faint of heart.  I'm assuming Swift is out for Detroit today also.  Heck, if you think AP can score a TD, he could outscore Kamara also.  

Going to start 3 of these 5 RB's as D Parker @ WR looking good sitting on my bench: Kamara, Montgomery, Gaskin, Gallman, and L Murray. All 4 of these last RB's are legitimate RB starts over Kamara this week. I agree MoP. Will I have the big ball's to bench Kamara is the question. 

Part two of the question - Hill scores more TD's than Kamara but AK outrushes Hill.  Hill seems to look to run more in the Redzone.

Kamara would be an interesting play in big DK tourneys.   Can't see him being highly owned at all.  I don't play those but that is the type of player that excels, especially if the game script favors Atlanta and a shootout.  

Part two of the question - Hill scores more TD's than Kamara but AK outrushes Hill.  Hill seems to look to run more in the Redzone.

Kamara would be an interesting play in big DK tourneys.   Can't see him being highly owned at all.  I don't play those but that is the type of player that excels, especially if the game script favors Atlanta and a shootout.  
With 2 rushing TD's in his last two games Hill definitely a favorite to rush for more TD's then Kamara. Hill seems dialed in to do it himself inside the 5 yard line for sure. He doesn't even see an open receiver out of the backfield who could score as well as a dump pass. Hill turns into a RB himself. I know it doesn't matter as long as there is a score in many minds. However, it affects Kamara big time especially in .5 or full ppr. When is Brees coming back anyway. I own Kamara, Murray, and Hill in one league, and Hill in another, but I prefer Brees back. 

Murray seems to be getting a little more of the pie also.  
The reality of T Hill, Murray complementing him, Alvin with a slight injury, and keeping him fresh is definitely opening up a larger slice for Murray. The gap between Kamara and Murray is much more narrow as of today. Weeks 14, 15, 16 could shift back again depending upon situations and variables. When will Brees come back? 

I keep thinking they will do some of those power runs to the edge using Kamara as the runner and getting the direct snap and letting Hill be a blocker. Seems like a nice wrinkle but probably just wishful thinking.

I don't have the balls to not start him. I can't stand to lose watching him get 25 points on my bench. My other options are Sanders (obvious concerns there as well) and Amari Cooper as a flex. 

Having seen Hill once already I hope that Atlanta is more prepared at stopping him forcing NO, to expand on what they've been doing lately.

I have been going over this decision all week.  I am fortunate to have some good options, and will be starting Carson and Mostert at RB.  But am still deciding between Kamara, Murray, and Hines, at Flex.

With J. Taylor back at RB, not sure if I trust Hines to duplicate his performance from last week.  Although Indy's rushing matchup against Houston today is tempting.

I am actually leaning towards Murray over Kamara, although Atlanta's run Defense may stifle both NO options.

This is going to be a tough last minute decision.

Im down to just one fantasy football league. It is a 10 team half ppr redraft money league. I drafted in the 9th spot. People hated Kamara so much that he dropped all the way to me at the 9th pick lol. I was also lucky enough to get Ekeler, Carson, and Mostert. My team had a tough time keeping up with all the injuries but I have managed to put myself in 4th place going into the last week before the playoffs. Im only one game behind the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams. Slim chance I get a first round playoff bye but it could happen If I win. I had this plan. I have Hyde on my team. If Hyde didn't play this week, I was going to bench Kamara and play Ekeler, Carson, Mostert. Looks like Hyde is going to play so that makes my decision a little tougher. Im starting Ekeler and Mostert for sure. I'll probably leave Carson on the bench and start Kamara. 

I was hoping somebody would have offered me a good WR for one of my RB's so I wouldn't have to do this every week. They all stayed injured so long nobody would offer me anything. Im super happy now that I didn't trade Ekeler. 

The reality of T Hill, Murray complementing him, Alvin with a slight injury, and keeping him fresh is definitely opening up a larger slice for Murray. The gap between Kamara and Murray is much more narrow as of today. Weeks 14, 15, 16 could shift back again depending upon situations and variables. When will Brees come back? 
Eligible to come off the IR next week.

I am going to offer up one POV for some of you that if you had Kamara all year you are likely to be Playoff Bound with so many RB1s spending time on the many "lists" that we now keep track of. Kamara was one of the few Top5 picks that didn't go flat until more recently. Some of you play in leagues with a starting roster of RB1-RB2-WR1/2/3/-TE and FLEX or some variant of this. Now if you were playing this with even a small amount of focus you realize year in and year out there are less and less RBs not only on Draft Day but very few gems fall in your lap on Fri Afternoon as you pop that first cold one going into the weekend. Besides Kamara, many of you have an arsenal of WRs...is the starting trio of Hill-Brown-Justin Jefferson which is legit, that's not WR1/2/3, maybe when you drafted or found one of them quickly on the WW, that's actually WR1/1/1.5 or something and so you need to focus on what you can do to stack the roster to what you got at the moment. Now some of you have another 2-3 WRs after your starters that many other competitors of yours would like to acquire and have on their rosters meaning your bench could possibly be better than some starting line ups so hear me out...Make Kamara your Flex this weekend, I know he's been your RB1 but this week that RB2 spot is gonna flip and be your Flex and you are going to go 4 Deep at WR and that stinky Mel Gordon that's been take him or leave him most of the year is going to be your RB1 this week(don't cry), you're going to get a wall of top flight 2020 WRs, that super duper TE Tonyan is gonna roll for you and you flip the RB2 spot and that's now your Flex with Kamara

I gave you that pep talk to let you down easy(Sales) but now let's be honest(Operations), who is going to outscore Kamara this week? Don't give me Cook and Henry, that's low hanging fruit. We're looking for Naheim Hines who isn't even likely to start or see the same snaps he saw last week. Cam Akers is a guy who could easily outscore Kamara and he doesn't see half the snaps on his own team, sometimes not even a third. Or how about the young and spry 40 year old Frank Gore who is coming off B2B double digit efforts?

So lay it out there because this '77 Black n Gold Trans Am is running out of gas fast and there doesn't seem to be a Texaco for miles and miles around here.  That one is for @Andy Dufresne 

Pistons poppin', aint no stoppin'...what'cha got?
:grad:

Users who are viewing this thread