What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 14 games (1 Viewer)

I’ll take Chad Hansen for my last FAAB dollar 

Deshaun could grab a couple guys from the parks department and throw for 350 rn

Gabe the babe from Buffalo is a repeat from last week but another good game, still only 5% owned. They say TDs are variable but then again some guys have a knack for being playmakers. Very impressed by Davis. Helps he plays with a stud and a very capable possession receiver - something’s gotta give.

Another week looking for RB help.   Looks to be a few possible options such as Ty Johnson and Akers.  May even have to go with AP.  

I have Wentz, unfortunately,  but I’ll be going after Hurts and hope he plays better then Wentz has. Having Gibson I might have to try for Barber, unfortunately a team grabbed McKissic before week 13. Also considering grabbing Ty Johnson or Josh Adam’s and see what happens. Jeff Wilson may have been dropped in your league and he only had a couple less carries then Mostert had week 13. 

Jeff Wilson may have been dropped in your league and he only had a couple less carries then Mostert had week 13. 
Wilson is one of those guys who seems to do well when healthy and called upon, but you can never figure out outside of Mostert who is going to get meaningful touches.

Wilson is one of those guys who seems to do well when healthy and called upon, but you can never figure out outside of Mostert who is going to get meaningful touches.
I agree but with the way Mostert can’t stay healthy it’s worth a chance; but on the other hand Wilson hasn’t been the most durable recently either. 

In re Wilson, also have to consider whether the team was using him more to give Mostert a chance to ease back, and whether the volume will be there going forward as long as Mostert stays healthy (another separate consideration altogether).

In re Wilson, also have to consider whether the team was using him more to give Mostert a chance to ease back, and whether the volume will be there going forward as long as Mostert stays healthy (another separate consideration altogether).
Certainly could be the case, or maybe with their whole stable of RBs on the trainer’s table this year, Shanahan is trying to limit touches all around. Next week will probably be telling.

Somehow McKinnon has been the healthiest of the bunch, but he’s definitely more of a situational guy at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you thinking ahead: Higgins - CLE WR

I'm stacked at WR, but he's definitely trending up and has a great Week 16 matchup (NYJ), he could slide into my flex spot that week.

Looking ahead to weeks 15-16 I’m wondering what players might be sat and who would be the starters. One player I’m thinking of grabbing is James Washington. Thinking the team could sit juju, diontae and Claypool at some point and Washington would be the number 1. What other players are out there in coming weeks that could become starters. 

Any folks feeling Breshard Perriman?  In particular for week 14?  He came on strong late last year in TB.  Mims is likely out so perhaps some extra targets and they are going to have to likely throw the ball to keep pace with SEA.  Thoughts...?

Looking ahead to weeks 15-16 I’m wondering what players might be sat and who would be the starters. One player I’m thinking of grabbing is James Washington. Thinking the team could sit juju, diontae and Claypool at some point and Washington would be the number 1. What other players are out there in coming weeks that could become starters. 
Teams don’t typically sit guys until week 17 unless they’re really banged up. 

Any folks feeling Breshard Perriman?  In particular for week 14?  He came on strong late last year in TB.  Mims is likely out so perhaps some extra targets and they are going to have to likely throw the ball to keep pace with SEA.  Thoughts...?
If Mims is out, I think Perriman is a very good play.

Only one bye and the Steelers should be in close competition with the Chiefs at least through week 16.

The Steelers's Johnson and JuJu might get a sitting down if they keep dropping passes. Tomlin said so -- though he was broad in his comments and didn't mention any specific player -- in his presser.

The Steelers's Johnson and JuJu might get a sitting down if they keep dropping passes. Tomlin said so -- though he was broad in his comments and didn't mention any specific player -- in his presser.
I heard on the radio today the Steelers lead the league in drops.  I think it was 32 YTD with HALF in the last 2 weeks. 

Tomlin can’t bench them all. BUT I can see him making an example out Ebron, JuJu, D Johnson, Washington, or even Claypool if and when they drop a pass.

Starting these guys may be the ultimate gamble over the next couple of weeks. 

Perriman is a good risk/reward candidate -- he gets looks in this offense even though it's largely stalled, and if Mims is out his target share likely does go up. This could turn into a sling fest as both Ds aren't great against the pass (Philly is much better than the Jets but still variable performers). 

Users who are viewing this thread