What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Average Trump Voters - Biden Voters - Was The Election Stolen From Trump? (1 Viewer)

Does the "average Trump Voter" think the election was stolen from Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 87 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 34.6%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
This is not what YOU think. It's your estimation of what you think the "average" Trump or Biden voter (whatever that is) thinks.

Trying to get a sense for what people think. 

Does the "average Biden Voter" think the election was stolen from Trump?

Does the "average Trump Voter" think the election was stolen from Trump?

I don’t even know where to begin to answer the second question. I don’t know how people vote and don’t talk to nearly enough people about politics. I spend 90% of my time now talking with my close family, friends and teenagers. 

I don’t even know where to begin to answer the second question. I don’t know how people vote and don’t talk to nearly enough people about politics. I spend 90% of my time now talking with my close family, friends and teenagers. 
For sure, it's just a guess on what you think the Average Trump voter thinks. 

For sure, it's just a guess on what you think the Average Trump voter thinks. 
I couldn’t even give a guess but if I had to I would say my answer isn’t a listed option. I think they would say they think there was some funny business going on and want to see all the evidence investigated before they decide one way or another. 

No, Yes.

Based on the wording of the question. Which people will probably not stick to. We just can't help ourselves LOL

7 million vote difference. Not even sure why or how this would even be a question.

Let me repeat:  7 million votes.
I voted no and no, but to be fair, we’re probably only talking about a few hundred thousand votes from an Electoral College perspective which is all that matters. 

No.  The average Republican voter jas got to be smarter than that, right?  I mean, it's the hackiest of partisan hacks that are being really loud and obnoxious with this crap now, right?  The average Joe who has seen politicians lose gracefully for every election ever knows this is all whining from the whiniest whiner there ever was, right?

7 million vote difference. Not even sure why or how this would even be a question.

Let me repeat:  7 million votes.
I don’t think many republicans thinks Trump won the meaningless overall popular vote. Not sure what that has to do with this thread

I would be very curious to talk to the supposedly average Biden voter who thinks Trump was robbed. 
I agree with this. I feel like most republicans feel like Trump was robbed and I can’t recall reading or hearing from a single democrat that thinks this.

I don’t think many republicans thinks Trump won the meaningless overall popular vote. Not sure what that has to do with this thread
Joe's thread title is "Average Trump Voters - Biden Voters - Was The Election Stolen From Trump?"

Not sure what you are talking about here.

306 - 232

Last edited by a moderator:
No / No

I am not super confident that the average Trump voter doesn't feel the election was stolen from Trump, but I'd like to believe so.  Regardless of what the average voter thinks, it's sad how many people are believing the con.

Winners: There was no election fraud!  We won fair and square!

Losers: Massive election fraud and the election was stolen from us!

I'm guessing had Biden lost this poll would have been completely reversed.  :)

No / No

I am not super confident that the average Trump voter doesn't feel the election was stolen from Trump, but I'd like to believe so.  Regardless of what the average voter thinks, it's sad how many people are believing the con.
The vast majority feel it was stolen. If you don’t believe that, go read Republican forums, Republican social media, or talk to republicans. 

I'm going to be honest here.  

I think most people that voted for Trump are normal people, that think he lost and needs to move on.  

But man, there are A LOT of people that think this was stolen.  Our city has a facebook group of the Republican party.  And it's all memes and articles from random websites about "Here's proof the election was stolen."

A lot of misinformation about the virus/masks/vaccines/etc.  

Rethinking a lot.

The vast majority feel it was stolen. If you don’t believe that, go read Republican forums, Republican social media, or talk to republicans. 
I do think sometimes the vocal minority gives the perception that they are speaking for the majority.  

Our school board had a vote to go back to a hybrid in-person model.  They said they needed at least 50% of people with children attending school in the district to vote in favor of going hybrid.  The vote was 70/30 in favor of distance learning.  A week later they reversed their decision because a few angry moms showed up at the board meeting and yelled at them.  The FB/Nextdoor groups made me think 80% of the people wanted to go back to hybrid, but it just turned out that the people wanting distance learning weren't vocally protesting to maintain the status quo.  I suspect we are seeing similar here.

You only have to go back 4 years to find a democrat losing a presidential election and see the reaction.  I challenge you to find one politician or serious media member posting as late as Devember 7 that the election was a fraud.

Are you claiming voter fraud or election fraud?  I thought Trump was claiming voter fraud.

What do polls say? (I know that’s not what Joe is asking.) I know it was greater than 50% of Republicans early but I assume that’s come down over time.

I wish this poll was public. No way any Biden supporters think the election was stolen from Trump.  It's completely illogical. 

What do polls say? (I know that’s not what Joe is asking.) I know it was greater than 50% of Republicans early but I assume that’s come down over time.
That number is mind blowing to me.  It is also the reason Trump was (and still is) able to pull off the biggest grift in American history.   

To be clear, I don't think that the average Trump voter thinks that the election was stolen but there certainly are some. Probably because Trump keeps saying that the election was stolen without any proof whatsoever.  Which, without any evidence, is why it would be illogical for a Biden voter to think that the election was stolen from Trump. 

Joe I’d love you to revisit this question in (a) 2 months and (b) 1 year. Two months because at that point Biden will be in the White House. One year because a lot of time will have passed. 
I have no idea how people will think at those points  but it will be interesting to find out. 

Joe I’d love you to revisit this question in (a) 2 months and (b) 1 year. Two months because at that point Biden will be in the White House. One year because a lot of time will have passed. 
I have no idea how people will think at those points  but it will be interesting to find out. 
Sure. I think it will be interesting then too. 

I wish this poll was public. No way any Biden supporters think the election was stolen from Trump.  It's completely illogical. 
It's not what Trump or Biden voters think.  It's what someone thinks average Trump or Biden voters think.  :shrug:  

If someone really believes the election was stolen, is it that much of a stretch for them to think, "and they know it too.  :angry:  "? 

The one I saw was kind of interesting. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/half-of-republicans-say-biden-won-because-of-a-rigged-election-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN27Y1AJ

Altogether, 55% of adults in the United States said they believed the Nov. 3 presidential election was “legitimate and accurate,” which is down 7 points from a similar poll that ran shortly after the 2016 election. The 28% who said they thought the election was “the result of illegal voting or election rigging” is up 12 points from four years ago.
The 2016 number surprised me too. 

I’m Republican. I don’t think it was stolen. I seriously doubt a vast majority of Republicans feel that it was. Maybe a vocal minority, but that’s it. 

I don't doubt that's what you're seeing. The interesting thing I believe is "Trump voters on social media" is not necessarily = to "All Trump voters". 

Even though it's very easy to assume so when that's what is visible. 

For sake of argument even if the vast majority of Republicans are stating the the election was stolen in such places, I'd still not be sure that this is convincing that the vast majority actually thinks this.  I'd think they are just falling line behind their team as normal.

This question also is one of those where public vs private matters.

In this case, I think private answers will be more honest. At least on the "yes - the election was stolen" part.

I had a conversation yesterday with a person who friend to friend said he leans toward there having been enough fraud to make a difference but he would never say that in public. It's an interesting question for sure. 

We don't have to guess. We have real evidence. We can just look to 2016. You know - the one where the loser conceded on election night.

I have no idea if the "conservatives" I am exposed to correspond to "average Republican voters" or not....I really don't know.  What I DO know is there has been a significant divide created that is roughly 50/50 (sadly) in the group I know.  Half are of the "time to move on" mentality and the other half have gone really deep down the rabbit hole of conspiracy.  Never thought I'd see some of what I'm seeing out of a lot of people I respect.

That's my impression too. But purely anecdotal. 
I don’t know the rigor of the polling on the internet and haven’t seen any recent polling but it seems to indicate somewhere between 50-80% of Republicans thought as recently as Nov 18  that Trump has rightfully won the election.

Almost all of my friends and family voted for Trump. Most of them think the election was stolen. Some of them are die hards who believe everything Mr. Trump says on twitter, including the wildest conspiracies. But for the most part, they use the word "stolen" to describe legal maneuvers by various states, such as allowing everyone to vote by mail, or extending ballot deadlines, etc.

I do think Trump would have won if every state had prohibited vote by mail, but that's just the breaks of the game, ya know? Trump knew the rules before the game started, and he should have embraced them.

Almost all of my friends and family voted for Trump. Most of them think the election was stolen. Some of them are die hards who believe everything Mr. Trump says on twitter, including the wildest conspiracies. But for the most part, they use the word "stolen" to describe legal maneuvers by various states, such as allowing everyone to vote by mail, or extending ballot deadlines, etc.

I do think Trump would have won if every state had prohibited vote by mail, but that's just the breaks of the game, ya know? Trump knew the rules before the game started, and he should have embraced them.
Given the environment we are currently living in with the messages being conveyed, I am 100% confident this is true.  Throw on top of that the fact that when voter turnout is high, it's usually a bad thing for the GOP, this is a Harlem Globetrotters style layup of a comment IMO.

I don't doubt that's what you're seeing. The interesting thing I believe is "Trump voters on social media" is not necessarily = to "All Trump voters". 

Even though it's very easy to assume so when that's what is visible. 
This.

The ones screaming on social media are loud and prolific, but in my personal experience, the average republican voter (who voted for Trump because he's an R) is, at worst, dismayed at all the early voting / mail-ins (which, as one neighbor put it, "makes it easier for fringe people* to vote..."), but doesn't think there was some widespread coverup to "steal" the election.

* = people not like him.

I don’t understand what is meant by “average” Biden voter and “average” Trump voter. Does “average” refer to those who belong to a certain specified demographic? What are the characteristics of an average Trump or Biden voter?  Or is it meant to refer to a majority of voters of the candidate? Put another way, “do you think Trump voters, on average, think the election was stolen from him?”  If the latter, my answer is No and No. 

I don’t understand what is meant by “average” Biden voter and “average” Trump voter. Does “average” refer to those who belong to a certain specified demographic? What are the characteristics of an average Trump or Biden voter?  Or is it meant to refer to a majority of voters of the candidate? Put another way, “do you think Trump voters, on average, think the election was stolen from him?”  If the latter, my answer is No and No. 
I can't imagine any Biden voter, anywhere, thinking the election was stolen from Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread