What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 - I'm starting Jalen Hurts over _____? (1 Viewer)

farfromforgotten

Footballguy
Cam Newton at LA Rams. 

I've had to roll with Cam since losing Dak for the year and am pretty much facing a must-win situation to secure the final playoff spot. I'm 7-6 going against the #1 team in the league and the guy behind me is 6-6-1 squaring off against one of the worst teams in the league. 

I don't love the matchup for Hurts but maybe he can catch the Saints by surprise in his 1st career start. Only worry about sitting Cam is his ability to punch in goal line TDs. 

Funny guy (or gal) you disagree with my thought process? Do you see Cam throwing for much of anything tomorrow night against the Rams? His worth is pretty much tied to goal line TDs. Hurts can probably match or, more than likely, exceed his rushing yardage. I'll take the chance that Hurts will out pass him as well. I'm more of a risk taker I guess and I'm facing the top team in the league. We shall see. 

Considering how the Saints D has been rolling, I don't know how anyone would be comfortable putting him in their starting lineup.  Hurts isn't going to do much of anything in that inept offense.

I'm picking him up in a redraft superflex and dropping Lock.  Can't start him though, and he'd have to show extremely well against NO for anyone to feel comfortable starting him in a Week 15 playoff matchup

This site has Hurts starting Week 14 over Carr, Newton, Finley, Cousins, Tua, D Jones, Mayfield, Lock and the last 4 NFL starters.  While NO is a tough D and Philly has been a disaster I see two big differences for Philly this week 1) People love Jalen Hurrts and the dudes around him will play for him.  They seem to have quit on Wentz and 2)  Hurts will provide a fantasy floor because he's going to run for 40-60 yards per game.  If he can throw for a TD and 200 yards, he'll be fine in a Superflex league which is where I have him starting in one league where I'm desperate.  He's far from a polished passer but so is Lamar Jackson.  

I am in the same boat. Cam or Hurts in a 2qb league. Really tough call imo, I can see Cam having another horrible game tonight. I am hoping Cam sits so no decision is needed.

Well I'm off to a good start in my matchup. Sat Cam, started Rams D, and even placed a bet that the Patriots would score the fewest points in the league this week to boot! 

Users who are viewing this thread