What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I crazy to consider Akers over Conner (PPR)? (1 Viewer)

ultraviolet

Footballguy
First round of playoffs and I am considering starting Akers over Conner as my second (RB) in a PPR league.  My matchup is projected to be very close and am wary of being yet again disappinted by Conner. Plus he is coming back from an infection.

I have read the Waldman columns and so know Akers is far from a sure thing.

My gut says roll with Conner.  What says the crowd?

First round of playoffs and I am considering starting Akers over Conner as my second (RB) in a PPR league.  My matchup is projected to be very close and am wary of being yet again disappinted by Conner. Plus he is coming back from an infection.

I have read the Waldman columns and so know Akers is far from a sure thing.

My gut says roll with Conner.  What says the crowd?
If you are a underdog, I think that you have to go with Akers.  You can run the ball right down NE's throat......Thursday night game with NE going from the east coast to the west coast, I think it has the writings for a big game from the LAR running game....let by Akers.

If you're a favorite, I wouldn't fault you with going to Conner, but I would probably still play Akers.  PIT offense runs through Big Ben and there is no guarantee that Conner with get all the goalline touches, and Conner isn't a huge part of the passing game. 

They each have risk.  Will McVay use Akers the way he did last game or does Henderson/Brown get the lion's share of touches?  Is Conner healthy and will he get a full workload?

Thursday games tend to be ugly defense battles so it's tough to play questionable starters in those games.  Even with that I still lean Akers.  He is looking good and I think the Rams can run on NE.  

Users who are viewing this thread