What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the GOP candidate in 2024? (1 Viewer)

What say ye?

• Total voters
Trump running or even talking about running will hurt any other potential GOP candidates' ability to fundraise.   He's doing some massive long-term damage to the party.
I kind of think this.  As long as Trumps in the game, I don't think his ego will allow a Ted Cruz the chance to beat Biden in a rematch.  

What say ye?
Current odds

Trump +$400

Pence +$400

Haley +$500

Kasich  +$800

Hawley +$1000

Cruz +$1200

Scott +$1400

Cotton +$1400

Crenshaw +$1600

Weld +$2000

Ryan +$2000

Fioriana +$2500

Trump Jr +$2500

Cuban +$2500

Giuliani +$2500

Noem +$3000

Owens +$3300

Desantis +$3500

Romney +$4000

Paul +$4000

Kushner +$5000

Rice +$6000

Pompeo +$6000

Flake +$7000

Graham +$7500

Baker +$8000

Abbott +$8000

Tuberville +$8000

Bush +$10000

West +$10000

McEneny +$15000

Oof. It’s as if the MAGA crowd is going out of their way to support the least likable politicians. Gohmert for 2028?
Methinks that could be used to the Democrats advantage.  Liberal groups need to start promoting an "I STAND WITH CRUZ" narrative.  Trump supporters will knock each other over to get away from a canidate that the pink v hat crowd supports.  

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA
Current odds

Trump +$400

Pence +$400

Haley +$500

Kasich  +$800

Hawley +$1000

Cruz +$1200

Scott +$1400

Cotton +$1400

Crenshaw +$1600

Weld +$2000

Ryan +$2000

Fioriana +$2500

Trump Jr +$2500

Cuban +$2500

Giuliani +$2500

Noem +$3000

Owens +$3300

Desantis +$3500

Romney +$4000

Paul +$4000

Kushner +$5000

Rice +$6000

Pompeo +$6000

Flake +$7000

Graham +$7500

Baker +$8000

Abbott +$8000

Tuberville +$8000

Bush +$10000

West +$10000

McEneny +$15000
Surprised that Gov Hogan from Maryland isn’t listed. He has little chance as he was too much of a critic of Trump but so are many others on this list.

Value pick
Help us all of that happens. She can definitely pull the Trump base but she’s much worse than the COVID stuff. She had a war against hemp for awhile even though her core supporters (farmers) were some of the people begging for her to not veto the law. She also has horrible views on marijuana is going to try and fight the legalization that was approved in November. I just can’t see her making it out of a crowded field.

Help us all of that happens. She can definitely pull the Trump base but she’s much worse than the COVID stuff. She had a war against hemp for awhile even though her core supporters (farmers) were some of the people begging for her to not veto the law. She also has horrible views on marijuana is going to try and fight the legalization that was approved in November. I just can’t see her making it out of a crowded field.
I'm hoping she comes around. If politicians like Biden can do a 180 on marriage equality and segregation, people can change on marijuana.

I think he takes the role of kingmaker over the next four years so it’s going to be who can take the MAGA mantra. Trump will also flip the House to red in 2022.  So there will be different dynamics.  

Of this group my early favorite is Cruz. Obviously, the OP is not serious with some of the inclusions. 
meh...the ONLY two I haven't heard mentioned on "conservative" sites are Eric and Melania.  And recently, there has been no mention of Kasich.  The rest all seem to be possibilities in the "conservative" stratosphere.....that should give us all pause.  The ONLY one I'd vote for on that list is Kasich and I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Kasich.  He seemed the most sane in the 2016 pool, really don't want to vote for Harris, but if a Trump runs in 2024 it may push me that way.

Rubio would do well in the general election, based on his polling numbers from 2016 - he was doing great with suburban women for example. He would also do well with Hispanics and evangelicals.

But he is very unlikely to get the GOP nomination.

• Sad
More and more, I think the Trump Coalition collapses as the First Time and "First Time/Long Time" voters who helped him sneak in in 2016 will go back to not voting. Now...it's up to Republicans to move to the Center a little and rally around Right leaning/Centrist Democrats to stymie the remanants of the Hard Left.  

• Sad
More and more, I think the Trump Coalition collapses as the First Time and "First Time/Long Time" voters who helped him sneak in in 2016 will go back to not voting. Now...it's up to Republicans to move to the Center a little and rally around Right leaning/Centrist Democrats to stymie the remanants of the Hard Left.  
Tell me the last time the Republicans moved to the center.

No idea if he'd ever run, but I think Dave Ramsey would be perfectly positioned to somewhat replicate the Trump enthusiasm in the GOP if he ever ran. 

• Thinking
You guys remember back in 2017 or so, a lot of people criticized the democrats for not learning any lessons from the 2016 election?  Instead of going back to the drawing board and rethinking who they are and what they stand for, they went all-in on Russiagate.

I think Republicans do the same thing.  They are going to spend the next 4 years whining about a "stolen" election.  There will be no move to the center, there will be no reasonable candidates.  It's going to be Trump or someone from his brand.

You guys remember back in 2017 or so, a lot of people criticized the democrats for not learning any lessons from the 2016 election?  Instead of going back to the drawing board and rethinking who they are and what they stand for, they went all-in on Russiagate.

I think Republicans do the same thing.  They are going to spend the next 4 years whining about a "stolen" election.  There will be no move to the center, there will be no reasonable candidates.  It's going to be Trump or someone from his brand.
I think that until Trump is incapable of holding a leadership position in the GOP, for lack of a better term (health issues, death, etc), he will be the kingmaker for the party.  It's a weird dynamic because while they need him, I don't really think he gives a #### about them.  He has all of the leverage, because the party has spent the last 5 years integrating themselves with Trumpism.  If Trump wants to run for president in 2024, I think they have to let him - if he runs independent, the GOP has a major problem.  Where I think it becomes very curious to watch is when Trump inevitably picks an unqualified successor family member without his clout or charisma (say, Don Jr or Ivanka, for example).  Does the GOP back that candidate or go with a much more qualified, "normal" candidate (who would surely be from the Trumpist school - Hawley, Noem, whoever)?

I agree, and it ensures that whoever their candidate is will get shellacked in 2024.  Between Trump's nonsense and COVID, I have to believe that the the great majority of Americans want a return to normalcy (or the closest thing to it), and aside from his hardcore base, no one wants to hear about a stolen election for the next month, much less the next four years. Hard to believe they could be that stupid, but I am almost counting on it now. :rolleyes:

• Sad

Users who are viewing this thread