What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the GOP candidate in 2024? (3 Viewers)

What say ye?

• Total voters
From Fox News:

A tweet by Ivanka Trump is raising eyebrows in the political world as it may hint that President Trump's daughter and adviser may have national aspirations of her own.

The younger Trump took to Twitter on Monday to write that she loves Iowa, using an exclamation point for extra emphasis. Her tweet quickly garnered over 10,000 likes.
That is a clever way to signal emphasis!

babydemon90 said:
Who will be the nominee, vs who has the best chance of winning, is a good question.

Haley I think might stand the best chance to win in 2024 as a challenger. (if Biden runs for re-election especially)

Haley is interesting in that if it's Nikki Haley Vs Kamala Harris (who knows what happens to Joe Biden in 2 years). Since Haley has no scandal and can't be "cancelled" then this becomes an optics war over the First Gentlemen. How much dirt can the DNC dig up or fabricate on Haley's husband. They want to negate him since he serves and has served overseas in a combat zone. This means Kamala Harris needs to do four things

1) She needs DLA Piper to clean house. Anything related to Doug Emhoff needs to be sanitized. Again, the woke cancel culture lefty lawyers here will go full crickets. There is less dirt going through a vacuum machine at Grand Central Station than what flows out the spigot at DLA Piper. Who can't be blackmailed nor extorted will just go for a long vacation somewhere.

2) She'll need to neutralize or pay off Jamal Trulove. She kept him him prison by suppressing evidence. The other knotty issues are aligning with Biden ( Crime Bill) and that she is Jamaican and Indian. Lots of black voters won't see her as "truly black" That's an issue of sensitivity the MSM won't discuss. Lots of black women voters will take umbrage that she married a white man. That's also an issue of sensitivity that the mass lefty media won't talk about. The tactical choice to suppress her Indian heritage with media optics in 2020 will come to light against Nikki Haley. Flashbacks of Biden saying "you ain't black" and talk about "racial jungles" and opposing busing is going to be weight she needs to carry. There are already a large number of young black conservatives that literally no one in the MSM will acknowledge actually exists. CNN and MSNBC coverage of Trump rallies literally rework their positional blocking before hand to make sure no black people en masse could be seen with MAGA gear. Combine that with the small business owners looted and burned out plus city and state workers furloughed in Big Blue cities and Harris could easily lose the majority of the black vote.

3) She has to clean up the narrative that she slept her way up the political ladder. It's more than Willie Brown. One more instance of cleaning pipe for a married man in power and she gets labeled a jump off home wrecker. These are optics she won't survive, no one could survive them.

4) She has to stab Pete Buttigieg in the back. Clearly he was promised half the ticket as VP for jettisoning when he did in the primaries and shoveling Medicare For All Who Want It as a patchover for Obamacare to get into the administration and see his star rise. By the 2022 HOR cycle, AOC will control anywhere from 12-14 votes. And her social media platform has grown exponentially. AOC is the rare bird is more lethal to her own party compared to anyone across the aisle. She'll have to offer AOC half the ticket. This co-opts  M4A into Harris' platform. I don't see the old guard DNC letting this happen though. It's the right political move for POTUS but not the right political move to keep the DNC power brokers satisfied. This divide is why the ticket every four years has such a lackluster offering. Clinton then Biden then Harris/AOC/Newsom.  What a gallery of mediocrity.

Nikki Haley seamlessly walks into the RNC ticket if she can get a military VP with actual trigger time who is not a war hawk.

Harris has to clean up a lot of baggage first. The difference between the two is staggering. This is the legacy Obama left the DNC. He's literally the Bill O'Brien of professional politics. For anyone keeping score, Kamala Harris is Adam Gase in this scenario.  How can you be the first "black" woman to potentially get the DNC POTUS ticket and still run a very good chance of losing most of the black vote anyway? People are going to say it's not possible, but it's like Harris, Biden and Obama literally wanted to pick the only route possible to disenfranchise the black vote from the DNC forever. It's like falling out of a tree and hitting every last branch and twig on the way down.

Nikki Haley literally has to stand there. She has to not move and rely on playing it safe and boring. She doesn't need to fight the DNC, they are too busy tearing themselves apart to deal with her.

I know some conservatives will ask me, isn't Barack Obama more like Barry Switzer? No, trust me, he's completely Bill O'Brien.

From Fox News:

A tweet by Ivanka Trump is raising eyebrows in the political world as it may hint that President Trump's daughter and adviser may have national aspirations of her own.

The younger Trump took to Twitter on Monday to write that she loves Iowa, using an exclamation point for extra emphasis. Her tweet quickly garnered over 10,000 likes.
And to think there are those who laughed at the idea of another Trump getting the GOP nomination.

My hope is that at some point after January 20 you guys get past this nonsense and start discussing actual issues again. 
Yeah, we kind of had this conversation in the "Healing and Moving Forward" thread.  

Other than being SUPER convenient now that your guy won, after the left's behavior the last 4 years why should anyone listen to you?  I mean, the left showed us literally the exact opposite of "getting past nonsense and start discussion actual issues" the last 4 years.

@bigbottom actually helped me understand a bit, but maybe you can too? 

Last edited by a moderator:
From Fox News:

And to think there are those who laughed at the idea of another Trump getting the GOP nomination.
I still laugh at the idea of another Trump getting the GOP nomination. It takes more than just saying "I like [thing that flyover state person likes]!"

Ivanka is a coastal elitist who embraces China.

Don Jr's only move is to smarmily own the libs. That's the kind of thing that makes for a great House candidate in Florida or Ohio, but it's not going to go far in the presidential race.

Eric seems like a halfway decent person by comparison, but he lacks charisma and often doesn't say anything of substance aside from parroting talking points.

From Fox News:

Please let this be true.

Yeah, we kind of had this conversation in the "Healing and Moving Forward" thread.  

Other than being SUPER convenient now that your guy won, after the left's behavior the last 4 years why should anyone listen to you?  I mean, the left showed us literally the exact opposite of "getting past nonsense and start discussion actual issues" the last 4 years.

@bigbottom actually helped me understand a bit, but maybe you can too? 
True. However, Republicans and President Trump certainly went out of their way to vilify and demonize the opposition from day one as well (actually well into Obama's term).
So sure, we can point fingers, and continue to view the other side as pure evil, or at some point try to move past it.

Personally, I doubt it, and I think you're right, and no one will make any effort to 'discuss actual issues'.

I still laugh at the idea of another Trump getting the GOP nomination. It takes more than just saying "I like [thing that flyover state person likes]!"

Don Jr's only move is to smarmily own the libs. That's the kind of thing that makes for a great House candidate in Florida or Ohio, but it's not going to go far in the presidential race.

Eric seems like a halfway decent person by comparison, but he lacks charisma and often doesn't say anything of substance aside from parroting talking points.

Both Ivanka and Donald Jr can seamlessly get into the daily media cycle. That's incredibly hard to do. How many people are in the HOR? How many have actual name recognition? How many Senators filter in and out as unknowns? How many Governors can the average person name? The average American might not even know the name of their Mayor and couldn't tell you the last four Mayors of their city.

Did anyone in America know who Lori Lightfoot was outside of Chicago before she basically ran Chicago into the ground?

Ivanka Trump, over time, doesn't have a real chance at higher office. She has clear corruption. Also she's too attractive. ( Suburban women are vicious in that way)

Donald Jr, with time and maybe a Senate seat or a Governorship, maybe. In 2024? No. In eight to twelve years? It's hard to say. Right now Colin Kaepernick is getting his own TV show. After getting fat money from Nike for basically nothing. Who would have thought that would have happened only a few years ago when he was blackballed from the NFL? Some of you guys want to predict the future based on Orange Man Bad/Orange Family Should Burn.

Would anyone have conceived in 2012, that one cycle later, a geriatric 4th rate failed reality TV star, backed by the media strategy devised by the guy who created Toughest Cowboy, with no political experience and with decades of scandal, would crush two political dynasties in Clinton and Bush, troll the entire MSM, create political barnstorming no one has seen since the days of the Roman Empire and reset the strategy on how an outsider can bypass the tried and true ruthless political establishment?

Much of Trump's media strategy is basically classic Mark Burnett. Some of you woke cancel culture lefties want to ignore the impact of being able to headline the daily media cycle to further the ridicule of Orange Family Must Burn. However none of you will acknowledge that the DNC in 2016, created the largest financial warchest in human history, and lost to the blueprint of a guy who decided Toughest Cowboy would sweep the nation and have the American people love it.  Not only that, the same strategy took the DNC to the brink in 2020 ( call it a sequel named  "2 Tough 2 Cowboy") and catalyzed the growth of the already dangerous Progressive faction that will haunt the Democratic Party for decades to come?

The DNC literally spent hundreds of millions on experts, ads, TV spots, analysts, pay offs, bribes, special interest pork, collusion, extortion and the like and were hosed by the same media strategy that got Toughest Cowboy on the air. And you guys want to laugh at basically anyone else? Really?

Too many of you are looking at Don Jr for his last name and not his Q Rating and his actual platform in the daily media cycle. Point to note, none of you will learn actual political strategy hot dogging whatever comes out of CNN or social media.

Let's go over sequel names for 2024 so the DNC can spend hundreds of millions more fighting off the tactics of 4th string Jersey Shore writers.

Toughest Cowboy Coda: The Death Of Rapist And Oil Dynasties

Tough & Tougherer: When The Donald Met Michael Cohen

TC2 Vs MSM: Back in the Ratings Habit ( From the best selling novel "I Hate You For Not Leaving Me" by Sapphire )

Toughest Cowboy 2: Pardon Harder Like Obama

TC Dominion Cut: I Still Know What You Did Last Election

Toughest Cowboy 2 Extended Riot Edition: Black, White & Orange

Toughest Cowboy: Back 2 Dat Mar A Lago

Toughest Cowboy 2: Electric Jared Tames The Shrew

Toughest Cowboy 3DD: Swamp Reloaded

You guys want to talk about quality of candidates and the DNC can only offer up Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and some future form of Gavin Newsom and AOC and you want to point fingers?

Sea Duck said:

Uhm...so is and does Biden.  

But other than that, I don't see any Trump getting traction for the Presidency.  The US is starting to look like a monarchy where the power succeeds to the first born or immediate family member.  This needs to stop (it all started with Kennedy).

babydemon90 said:
True. However, Republicans and President Trump certainly went out of their way to vilify and demonize the opposition from day one as well (actually well into Obama's term).
So sure, we can point fingers, and continue to view the other side as pure evil, or at some point try to move past it.

Personally, I doubt it, and I think you're right, and no one will make any effort to 'discuss actual issues'.
This is the design

babydemon90 said:
True. However, Republicans and President Trump certainly went out of their way to vilify and demonize the opposition from day one as well....

https://www.thestreet.com/politics/donald-trump-rode-5-billion-in-free-media-to-the-white-house-13896916

"Donald Trump didn't spend nearly as much on advertising as typical presidential candidates, and he didn't have to -- he relied on billions of dollars of free mentions in media ranging from major TV news networks to Buzzfeed and Twitter instead.

The real estate magnate got $4.96 billion in free earned media in the year leading up to the presidential election, according to data from tracking firm mediaQuant. He received $5.6 billion throughout the entirety of his campaign, more than Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio combined.......

"You have Donald Trump coming along and getting all this coverage without spending a dime," said Paul Senatori, chief analytics officer at Portland-based mediaQuant. "He definitely throughout the election did show, in order of magnitude, better use of Twitter and better traction on Twitter than Hillary Clinton was able to captivate," said Senatori. Election 2016 was an enormous one for Twitter: according to data from the company, over 75 million election-related tweets were sent on Election Day alone, compared to 31 million tweets during the entire 2012 election."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-has-gotten-nearly-3-billion-in-free-advertising-2016-05-06

"MarketWatch earlier this week wrote that Trump has spent the least amount of money per vote and per delegate of any candidate in either party — just $4.62 per vote."

https://money.cnn.com/2016/03/15/media/trump-free-media-coverage/

"Meanwhile, Trump has spent only $10 million on television advertising, accounting for half of one percent of the total value of his media attention. By contrast, Jeb Bush spent $82 million on advertising, while Marco Rubio has spent $55 million."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/campaign-finance/

$1.4 B Total For Hillary Clinton 2016

$623.1 million
Hillary Clinton campaign

$598.2 million
Party and joint fundraising committees

$204.4 million
Super PACs

https://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/the-anatomy-of-hillary-clintons-84-million-money-laundering-scheme/

"The Anatomy Of Hillary Clinton's $84 Million Money-Laundering Scheme

DAN BACKER 04:16 PM ET 12/26/2017

In 2014, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of my client, Alabama engineer Shaun McCutcheon, in his challenge to the Federal Election Commission's (FEC) outdated "aggregate limits," which effectively limited how many candidates any one donor could support.

Anti-speech liberals railed against McCutcheon's win, arguing it would create supersized "Joint Fundraising Committees" (JFCs). In court, they claimed these JFCs would allow a single donor to cut a multimillion-dollar check, and the JFC would then route funds through dozens of participating state parties, who would then funnel it back to the final recipient.

Democracy 21 President Fred Wertheimer claimed the Supreme Court's McCutcheon v. FEC ruling would lead to "the system of legalized bribery recreated that existed prior to Watergate." The Supreme Court, in ruling for us, flatly stated such a scheme would still be illegal. The Democrats' response? Hold my beer.

The Committee to Defend the President has filed an FEC complaint against Hillary Clinton's campaign, Democratic National Committee (DNC), Democratic state parties and Democratic mega-donors. As Fox News reported, we documented the Democratic establishment "us[ing] state chapters as straw men to circumvent campaign donation limits and launder(ing) the money back to her campaign." The 101-page complaint focused on the Hillary Victory Fund (HVF) — the $500 million joint fundraising committee between the Clinton campaign, DNC, and dozens of state parties — which did exactly that the Supreme Court declared would still be illegal.

HVF solicited six-figure donations from major donors, including Calvin Klein and "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane, and routed them through state parties en route to the Clinton campaign. Roughly $84 million may have been laundered in what might be the single largest campaign finance scandal in U.S. history....

Here's what you can do, legally. Per election, an individual donor can contribute $2,700 to any candidate, $10,000 to any state party committee, and (during the 2016 cycle) $33,400 to a national party's main account. These groups can all get together and take a single check from a donor for the sum of those contribution limits — it's legal because the donor cannot exceed the base limit for any one recipient. And state parties can make unlimited transfers to their national party.

Here's what you can't do, which the Clinton machine appeared to do anyway. As the Supreme Court made clear in McCutcheon v. FEC, the JFC may not solicit or accept contributions to circumvent base limits, through "earmarks" and "straw men" that are ultimately excessive — there are five separate prohibitions here. On top of that, six-figure donations either never actually passed through state party accounts or were never actually under state party control, which adds false FEC reporting by HVF, state parties, and the DNC to the laundry list.

Finally, as Donna Brazile and others admitted, the DNC placed the funds under the Clinton campaign's direct control, a massive breach of campaign finance law that ties the conspiracy together. Democratic donors, knowing the funds would end up with Clinton's campaign, wrote six-figure checks to influence the election — 100 times larger than allowed. HVF bundled these megagifts and, on a single day, reported transferring money to all participating state parties, some of which would then show up on FEC reports filed by the DNC as transferring the exact same dollar amount on the exact same day to the DNC. Yet not all the state parties reported either receiving or transferring those sums."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

When I was asked to run the Democratic Party after the Russians hacked our emails, I stumbled onto a shocking truth about the Clinton campaign.

By DONNA BRAZILE November 02, 2017

....I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested....

So I followed the money. My predecessor, Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, had not been the most active chair in fundraising at a time when President Barack Obama’s neglect had left the party in significant debt. As Hillary’s campaign gained momentum, she resolved the party’s debt and put it on a starvation diet. It had become dependent on her campaign for survival, for which she expected to wield control of its operations.....

The Saturday morning after the convention in July, I called Gary Gensler, the chief financial officer of Hillary’s campaign. He wasted no words. He told me the Democratic Party was broke and $2 million in debt. “What?” I screamed. “I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.”

That wasn’t true, he said. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign—and had been paying that off very slowly. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016. Hillary for America (the campaign) and the Hillary Victory Fund (its joint fundraising vehicle with the DNC) had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance.

.....The campaign had the DNC on life support, giving it money every month to meet its basic expenses, while the campaign was using the party as a fund-raising clearinghouse. Under FEC law, an individual can contribute a maximum of $2,700 directly to a presidential campaign. But the limits are much higher for contributions to state parties and a party’s national committee.

Individuals who had maxed out their $2,700 contribution limit to the campaign could write an additional check for $353,400 to the Hillary Victory Fund—that figure represented $10,000 to each of the 32 states’ parties who were part of the Victory Fund agreement—$320,000—and $33,400 to the DNC. The money would be deposited in the states first, and transferred to the DNC shortly after that. Money in the battleground states usually stayed in that state, but all the other states funneled that money directly to the DNC, which quickly transferred the money to Brooklyn.

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?” Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse. “That was the deal that Robby struck with Debbie,” he explained, referring to campaign manager Robby Mook. “It was to sustain the DNC. We sent the party nearly $20 million from September until the convention, and more to prepare for the election.”

“What’s the burn rate, Gary?” I asked. “How much money do we need every month to fund the party?” The burn rate was $3.5 million to $4 million a month, he said. I gasped. I had a pretty good sense of the DNC’s operations after having served as interim chair five years earlier. Back then the monthly expenses were half that. What had happened? The party chair usually shrinks the staff between presidential election campaigns, but Debbie had chosen not to do that. She had stuck lots of consultants on the DNC payroll, and Obama’s consultants were being financed by the DNC, too....

Right around the time of the convention, the leaked emails revealed Hillary’s campaign was grabbing money from the state parties for its own purposes, leaving the states with very little to support down-ballot races. ....Yet the states kept less than half of 1 percent of the $82 million they had amassed from the extravagant fund-raisers Hillary’s campaign was holding, just as Gary had described to me when he and I talked in August. When the Politico story described this arrangement as “essentially … money laundering” for the Clinton campaign, Hillary’s people were outraged at being accused of doing something shady. Bernie’s people were angry for their own reasons, saying this was part of a calculated strategy to throw the nomination to Hillary....

When I got back from a vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, I at last found the document that described it all: the Joint Fund-Raising Agreement between the DNC, the Hillary Victory Fund, and Hillary for America.The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings."

babydemon90 said:
... However, Republicans and President Trump certainly went out of their way to vilify and demonize the opposition from day one as well ....

Trump's attacking, caustic, and trolling approach is a proven political strategy. It worked. Well it did in 2016. He dominated the RNC debates and took Clinton to the rails in the debate cycle. He could not match Clinton's fundraising. She amassed the largest political financial warchest in American history. She spent 98 percent of it. She even spent by choking out the DNC down the ticket. Trump generated 2 billion in unpaid media coverage by conventional metrics ( CNN pushed this because they wanted to downplay the numbers), however if you assess it along the lines of a traditional media campaign outside of politics, it rates at about 5 billion. Nothing about Trump is traditional.

Donald Trump literally Moneyball'ed the 2016 election. But he and Mark Burnett never get credit for showing how a political outsider to the establishment can become a true POTUS contender with virtually every last deck stacked against you.

It worked in 2016 but hurt Trump in some areas in 2020. The reason no one wants to talk about his trolling style as a political strategy is that it highlights the fundraising differential, which leads back to how Hillary Clinton raised that much money, which leads back to the FEC basically shelving what is the largest individual act of campaign finance fraud in American history. And how Barack Obama left the DNC in staggering debt and disarray, which would create toxic media optics for the Joe Biden campaign.

You would need to go back to Pablo Escobar to find someone who laundered that much money in that short rate of time like Hillary Clinton did. And highlighting the DNC finances plus the WikiLeaks expose points out how Bernie Sanders was essentially cut down and was systematically disbarred from any actual chance at the DNC ticket because of the Clinton financial stranglehold.

This should have been the biggest political scandal since Watergate since the DNC operated like a cartel during the Clinton run.

This is why the left leaning MSM screams Orange Man Bad instead of pointing out being a Tier 1 level troll is actually strategic in nature. No one can argue with the results, Jeb Bush screamed at Trump during the debate, "You can't insult your way to the Presidency" But he did. The strategy worked.

If you want to call Donald Trump and his caustic style a complete and total ****, I won't argue with you.

But I want to point out Donald Trump and his caustic style is actually a proven tactical political strategy, many here shouldn't argue with me. But they will anyway. Since it's non stop Orange Man Bad.

No one, and I mean no one, is talking about Hillary Clinton running the DNC like it was a ruthless feudal system that violated nearly every actual campaign finance law on the books. How does that happen?  Some of the woke cancel culture lefties here will take about Trump destroying freedom and the Republic, but won't talk about how Hillary Clinton got all that damn money and ask what she did with it?

Freedom was stolen. If some folks stop screaming long enough because Twitter told them to do so, they might actually see who really did it.

Maybe Josh Hawley? 

What was the political cost of "cancelling" Bernie Sanders in 2016?

1) Now the entire DNC has put themselves open to charges of tax fraud and tax evasion under IRS Section 527.  You can be the wealthy elite and get away with murder, molestation, domestic abuse, sexual extortion and on and on and on, but you can't get away with trying to backdoor jilt the IRS.  You screw with taxes, you risk riding the gauntlet on the road to hell.

2) It caused a permanent split of the Progressive faction. AOC, long term, controls 8 votes in the HOR. By the 2022 election cycle, she could control 10-12 and growing. Her social media presence is growing at an exponential rate. Compare that rate to her actual time in office and you are watching someone who can stick their neck into the daily media cycle at the age of 31. I don't like her policies but that's an incredible feat. She is lethal to the Obama/Biden/Pelosi establishment and once they cancelled Sanders, they declared war on her entire faction. This is not the fight the DNC needs. It's a two front war.

3) Tulsi Gabbard broke ranks because she couldn't be controlled and because she had loyalty to Sanders. The DNC lost the one Democrat in Congress who could truly appeal to the cross section of women/minorities/undecideds/moderates/military.  She was one of the most valuable tactical pieces in any campaign in at least three future cycles and they made her an enemy. So she destroyed Kamala Harris in the 2020 debate and assured the former CA AG would never get the ticket on her own. The political fallout of that is devastating to the Obama/Biden faction.

If you want to wipe out a small fish like Stacey Abrams, that's not hard, that's like putting Frank Pentageli in the jack pot. But Bernie Sanders? That's like going after Hyman Roth. You have to fight his entire faction who will have no choice since being cornered would immediately threaten their individual political careers as well.

Hillary Clinton made everyone down the ticket get on their knees and beg for their allowance after extorting them into taking part in ambushing Bernie Sanders like he was some bit player in a mob movie.  Are you telling me that exactly zero of you woke cancel culture lefties have a problem with this? That you guys don't see how this is one of the worst acts of disenfranchisement of the will of US citizens and their actual freedom in all of American history?

When Orange Man Bad becomes political cover to avoid the ugly reality of "Always Follow The Money" and many of you take part in this vicious little dance, you've chosen to become complicit yourselves. This is the world you leave your children and grandchildren. And many of you do it gladly. And like all real tragedies, it's not what was taken, but what you chose to give away.

Past 4 years have pushed the Trump base into further extremist territory. You guys all wanted to see a Trump who knew what he was doing.

I introduce you all to Tom Cotton.

I don’t think it’ll matter now.  The D’s are basically a lock in 2024.

Like I usually say to @timschochet when he throws out one of these lock predictions into the far off future, four years is a long time and lots of things that seem important now will have faded into distant memory.
I don’t think this one will, especially if Kamala is running.  The R’s have to reinvent themselves ASAP.  

hows this - it’s the D’s to lose.  For the sake of the country, we can’t afford for them to lose.

I don’t think this one will, especially if Kamala is running.  The R’s have to reinvent themselves ASAP.  

hows this - it’s the D’s to lose.  For the sake of the country, we can’t afford for them to lose.
Disagree still.  I think you need to look no further than the GA runoff just two days ago.  Kelly freakin' Loeffler came within a slim majority of retaining her seat.  This is a woman who:

• Had no platform beyond "I support Trump"
  • Used her Senate privilege to engage in insider trading and profit from the COVID crisis while publicly saying it was no big deal
  • Stated in her own campaign ads that she is "more conservative than Attila the Hun" as if this is something to be proud of
  • Ran campaign ads in which her team darkened the color of her opponent's skin
  • Falsely repeated accusations of child abuse against her opponent
This woman has no moral compass whatsoever.  She is truly an odious individual.  And yet...  she barely lost, purely because of the letter next to her name.  Far too many voters in this country care about nothing but the name of the party and that isn't going away anytime soon.

For tons of voters out there, Trump's bluster, personality, and "pwning the libs" is a feature not a bug.  Last night, literally hours after our Congressional representatives were whisked away by security, Fox News was out there telling its viewers that this was all the fault of Antifa.  The people who watch Fox News and support Trump aren't going to have a come to Jesus moment and vote for those they perceive as the enemy.  This group of people has one core belief and one core belief only, "liberals are evil".  When Trump disappears, they will simply move to the next person in line, whoever has the biggest microphone and uses it to spread the word that "liberals are evil".  Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, actual US Senators, are already courting this group of potential voters.  Due to its relative success in 2020 state elections, the GOP will redraw the maps in its favor.  The GOP will spend the next two years adding more voter suppression legislation and tactics wherever it can.  The GOP has a legitimate chance to take the House in 2022, and may well find someone in 2024 capable of keeping the Trump base in line.

Users who are viewing this thread