Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

-Agree on the Brady points. Lifelong Phinsfan but had the pleasure of living in Tampa Bay during the Dungy-era and got very caught up in the team, Sapp-Brooks, lot of local Florida college talent on those teams and so it was very difficult to stomach Brady signing with a team I have very strong ties to. But I am going to say as I said to many folks, "What a gift" mr Brady leaves for a few of us who had hated him and had a bad taste in our mouths for the better part of 20 years and while I still have a bitter taste for all the losing down here in Miami, I did start to understand and appreciate Brady the more and more time went on throughout the season. His ability to lead on and off the field, recruit players and get everyone on the same page...what else am I supposed to say? Miami never stood a chance, wouldn't have mattered what we did. 

-Now the Shula-BB stuff...I'll just say that 48 wins without Brady could take a little while longer. How many 8-8 seasons can he survive or people call in to question what he is hanging around for? Maybe it won't go that way but you have to acknowledge what Buffalo has discovered and also the improvements Miami is making. Both of those teams seem to be on the rise and the Pats are starting to fade. I didn't realize it was under 50 wins, not pulling for BB to hang on. A good 5-11 season would at least turn the heat up a notch or two there. He's always going to scrape 6-7-8 wins, he's a good game planner and can simply just make the opposing offense look like they are in mud all day, I'll give him that. 

Cheers!

I would be real careful throwing dirt on the Pats grave...it was one bad season and they still won 7 games and were somehow a couple of plays away from a few more...let's see what they look like after the draft, with some of the opt outs back and most importantly with what they do with all that salary cap space (and most importantly with a functional QB...I hope!)...as for Miami and Buffalo they are definitely real good teams and I like how they are being built but I always say this about teams on the rise...getting good is one thing, let's see how you do now that you have pressure to win, aren't sneaking up on anyone and some adversity hits because it will...once I see that then I will be convinced you're in for the long haul.

I feel like new England is going to return faster than most folks want to believe. They have a lot of money to spend if they desire in free agency and I also think they will become a very involved player in the QB domino shuffle about to come to life.  Belichick knows more about football despite my disdain for him, but he knows more in his pinkie finger than all of us combined in the Shark Pool. 

Roughly $60M UNDER the Cap going into 2021. Is that number skewed and I am unaware of it? 

Would love to see Brady take on New England for his chance at B2B Super Bowls with the Bucs. 

On 2/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, habsfan said:

I've been reflecting on what it really means for Brady to walk on to a new team and immediately win it all. This isn't the NBA where LeBron makes a few phone calls in the off season and goes to Miami. Tampa looked to be in pretty good shape on paper going into the season but the odds against actually manifesting it have to be extremely long.

The circumstances with which this Super Bowl was won should make it go down as one of the greatest championship accomplishments in sports history.  Not just the NFL. 

31 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

The circumstances with which this Super Bowl was won should make it go down as one of the greatest championship accomplishments in sports history.  Not just the NFL. 

Sadly, people put quite a deal of money on TB to begin the year and considered them favorites to win it all. I did, too. They should have won, really. So it's not going to go down as either dominant nor unexpected. I know you have a unique connection to the team, but those things probably place it way out the realm of "greatest championship accomplishments in sports history" and I don't think any objective person would regard that statement as truth.

36 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Sadly, people put quite a deal of money on TB to begin the year and considered them favorites to win it all. I did, too. They should have won, really. So it's not going to go down as either dominant nor unexpected. I know you have a unique connection to the team, but those things probably place it way out the realm of "greatest championship accomplishments in sports history" and I don't think any objective person would regard that statement as truth.

Only one other Super Bowl winning QB has won one after changing teams and Manning didn't do it in his first year.  I can't really find if there are free agent QB's who've won a Super Bowl in their first year with a new team, but there can't be many, if any.  Add in that there was no real off-season to learn the offense.  Lose arguably their best defensive player in week 5.  7-5 start to the season.  Win 8 in a row to close it out including beating 3 Super Bowl MVP's in the playoffs on their way?  Two of them on the road.  Fair enough.  I'm certainly biased, but it seems pretty legendary to me.