What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XVIII: Super Nintendo, Kelly Kapowski and Andro Regimens (1 Viewer)

RnR

Footballguy
This iteration will be a 1990s draft with a projected start date of January 5, 2021.

1990-1999 players will be eligible. I'll post more rules soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
IN so far:

1- RnR
2- cheese
3- Bogart
4- scoobus
5- Frosty
6- jfranco77
7- Kraft
8- DougB
9- the moops
10- HellToupee
11- rodg12
12- ChemX
13- Dr. Taco Tuesday

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm going to get in a league where I am vaguely competitive but never really a threat and spend most of my time wondering why my pitcher with better numbers sucks compared to a throwaway guy who I thought would suck but is in the running for Cy Young, I'd rather do it with players I grew up watching. 
Ask and thou shalt receive @Frostillicus

In all seriousness, do we have enough interest to make this a go?
We'll find out now. I only stumbled upon this thread by seeing it on the main Forums listing page -- I don't come into the Baseball Forum often.

But yeah ... you can list me as "IN".

• Smile
Reactions: RnR
I’m in. Board is blocked at work again, but I should be able to muddle through on my phone.

• Love
Reactions: RnR
:kicksrock:

Should we make the switch to OOTP old man?
I think I saw that OOTP 21 is on sale for $4.99 through Steam. I already have it and would be willing to play in a league. Not sure I have the skillz to commish that, though.

RnR said:
I think I saw that OOTP 21 is on sale for $4.99 through Steam. I already have it and would be willing to play in a league. Not sure I have the skillz to commish that, though.
It is, and I bought it, and would be in, and would have no idea where to even begin commishining. 

Is OOTP kind of like WIS, where it's all online and $4.99 buys you a season?

Also, what's the learning curve like from WIS to OOTP? Does OOTP offer spring training practice seasons like WIS?

Is OOTP kind of like WIS, where it's all online and $4.99 buys you a season?

Also, what's the learning curve like from WIS to OOTP? Does OOTP offer spring training practice seasons like WIS?
It's a game that you download and play on your computer. It's way more immersive than WIS. Online play is only one feature. It is done through FTP of league files and a dedicated web space for a personalized league website. It's 10000x's better than WIS, but it's also more time consuming.

Honestly, I'd suggest buying it on the cheap and trying it out. I'd be shocked if you're not immediately hooked on your own.

I'm probably out for WIS. Life is about to get pretty busy for me, COVID willing. If that changes I'd be in.

In for anything that happens with OOTP. Haven't played it yet but it looks awesome and I plan to buy it once I get a new computer, FBG league or not.

The WIS forum thread about the Negro Leagues has dried up. That's probably the only thing that would bring me back for another season.

Still in 
I was searching for some google doc the other day and came across Finless Gobbler league from 2015. A ####### hoot reading through who were the top picks in this thin. Oh and RIP @Finless  :sadbanana:

I think I would have only been able to guess one of these dudes that went in the first round.

B.J. Upton

Billy Hamilton

Adeiny Hechavarria

Ricky Nolasco

Jeremy Guthrie

Juan Lagares

Dustin Ackley

John Danks

Michael Morse

Ryan Howard

Austin Jackson

Colby Lewis

2015 Gobbler Standings

Team        W-L-T        Points
rodg12        17-9        3103.8
eephus        16-10        2204.8
JZilla        16-10        1912
Kraft        16-10        2228.5
the moops    14-12        2108.5
Spartans Rules    14-12        2107.5
ChemX        13-13        2263.5
RnR        13-13        2002.8
TRE        12-14        1516.2
Frostillicus    12-14        1797.5
Cheese        11-15        1696.5
Wrigley/Annyong    2-24        1144.8

rodg's murderer's row of Chris Owings, Anthony Gose, Ian Desmond and Avisail Garci was formidable.

In for anything that happens with OOTP. Haven't played it yet but it looks awesome and I plan to buy it once I get a new computer, FBG league or not.
@Spartans Rule , did you ever end up getting OOTP? If so, what did you think?

15 years was a really good run for an enterprise like this. I don’t think we even have half the posters around anymore from those first few WIS leagues.

An OOTP online league would require everybody to own a copy of the game and be familiar enough with the management options to set their lineups. These are more complicated (but more logically organized) than the team management interface in WIS. Last years version of OOTP is ten bucks so it's cheaper than a WIS season.

I think it's possible to have the computer control teams so full team management may be optional.

An OOTP online league would require everybody to own a copy of the game and be familiar enough with the management options to set their lineups. These are more complicated (but more logically organized) than the team management interface in WIS. Last years version of OOTP is ten bucks so it's cheaper than a WIS season.

I think it's possible to have the computer control teams so full team management may be optional.
This accurate. You can manage as much or as little of the details of your franchise as you’d like.

Doug B — you’d love this game. You won’t regret buying it on steep discount.

My OOTP Rockies expansion universe was a distraction during the early months of the pandemic but even I'm not that big of a nerd.

I fired it up tonight and played a game. Got shut down by Dwight Gooden who's still with the Mets in 1996 and is seemingly recovered from the torn labrum he suffered last year. He also missed the 1992 season due to a torn elbow ligament.

Users who are viewing this thread