What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tablet Guys (1 Viewer)

Aerial Assault

Footballguy
I need a new tablet and could use some advice.  Before I go on about it here, anyone know if there's a thread for this already?  

Guessing there is no other thread then. . . . 

First, I'm an Android user all the way, phones and tablets.  Samsung pretty much exclusively too though I would consider other makes with an Android OS if Samsung just doesn't have what I want.  

I've had a wonderful Samsung tab for years and years now, a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2" with 32GB.  I don't use it for work much, mostly just websurfing and a few apps.  (It's not connected to a mobile plan either; I just use WiFi.)   It's one of the best devices I've ever owned.  

Recently, though, the battery won't hold a charge.  It looks like I can try to get a new battery and pop the back off to replace the old one.  I imagine I can also reset Chrome (which might be causing the drain).  Either of these steps will probably wipe out my browser history, right?  

As for getting a new one, it doesn't seem like 12.2 was a popular size; almost all Samsungs now seem to be way bigger (which I don't need) or 10" or less (which is too small).  

Anyone have any good advice here, either about the repair or getting a good replacement?  TIA.  

:blackdot:

I've had an iPad and an older Samsung Tab. Didn't really notice a difference in either, but the Samsung seems to have died sooner. Stuck in between going the Surface/iPad route or trying to find a cheaper tablet again. My 7 year old Macbook Air is also on its last legs, but unsure how much I really need two different devices.

Just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 bundle from Costco for a Christmas present for the Mrs. After much research this is the one that caught my eye the most. It's got the keyboard, cover, and S pen. 

Users who are viewing this thread