Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Saints at Eagles +8 (42.5)*** This One Hurts

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or he might watch his coach engineer a 2nd Half collapse if they don't pick it up here.

The fact that I started hill and the Saints d today is further proof that the eagles exist primarily to make my life miserable 

Well he does have 100 on the ground.   No sacks and turnovers is very important.   Carson doesn't seem to get that 

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Saints could feel Hurts was starting to get some rhythm and they were expecting pass and then BAM they got run over by Sanders. 

#58 and #27 both left the Saints Defense High n Dry...58 totally misses or doesn't get there, take a bad lane to try and get Sanders and then he busts 27 along the way, Jenkins...WOW!!!

27 is Jenkins btw for those keeping track at home 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

This Eagles team looks like a Super Bowl contender.  WTF is wrong with this league?  So unpredictable other than the Chiefs (who we pretty much know will not lose the rest of the way)

Steelers/Eagles Super Bowl?  Your son would be torn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, jasvic said:

I feel like I should be happy, but I really freakin' hate this team this year.

I'm :hot: off because they are calling the plays for Hurts and doing things we've called for them to do with Wentz. Now they do it with Hurts? If I'm Wentz I feel under appreciated 

4 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

The fact that I started hill and the Saints d today is further proof that the eagles exist primarily to make my life miserable 

I took the wrong QB off the WW as my back up, I shoulda grabbed Hurts instead of Hill. 

The Saints look dysfunctional throwing the ball, Payton is nuts thinking he can win with Hill regularly as their QB. 

1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I wonder what Wentz is thinking right now.

Probably wants to call his agent and ask if theres anyway to get me off this team. It's obvious I'm not appreciated anymore 

Just now, Deamon said:

Get me outta here Frank.

I really wouldn't blame him. At this rate I might be all for Trading Wentz and he goes on to be a HOFer elsewhere while we are stuck with Hurts and just good enough to be in the playoffs every year. Would serve the Eagles right for how they handled this. 

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I really wouldn't blame him. At this rate I might be all for Trading Wentz and he goes on to be a HOFer elsewhere while we are stuck with Hurts and just good enough to be in the playoffs every year. Would serve the Eagles right for how they handled this. 

What's wrong with being in the playoffs every year?   :confused: 

• Like 1

Wentz counts as $60M in Dead Cap if they flat out released him and back in June of 2019 they guaranteed him $108M and I'm not sure if that is like lump sum or if that is actually all the way guaranteed. 

But things get better in 2022 with $25M in Dead Cap should they part ways

4Yr/$128M seemed reasonable and so much better than say $500M or whatever Mahomes signed for and is now the Mayor of Kansas City for the rest of his life. Imagine being on the hook for all that with Wentz, you all got a bargain. Cut him a check and move on. 

2 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Assume he means being a decent 10-6 team every year that gets bounced in the first or 2nd round every year. Hurts is his new Sidney Jones, he don't like him.

• Thinking 1
2 minutes ago, modogg said:

Eagles against the #1 defense in the league 1st half - 17 points

Eagles' scores over the last 1st halves combined over the last 4 games - 12 points. 

Nice!

It helps when you don't have film on a rookie QB, but yes, this doesn't look like the defense we've seen the past 6 weeks.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, jasvic said:

Assume he means being a decent 10-6 team every year that gets bounced in the first or 2nd round every year. Hurts is his new Sidney Jones, he don't like him.

Yep. We’ll be hearing about it for years, in between tales of his arguments with people at Acme and on other forums.

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Don't the Saints have a backup QB on the bench who passed for >5000 yards last tear or something??!!

As someone who needs Hill to do something (anything) I'm afraid they're going to remember this in the 2nd half.

12 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

More or less would be we're just good enough with Hurts to make the playoffs where Wentz goes on to make a team a SB contender and wins 2 somewhere else. It would be a literal kick in the nuts just because of how poorly the Eagles handled the situation 

12 minutes ago, jasvic said:

I hated this pick more then the Sidney Jones move. At least Sidney had some talent. There were scouts when he left Bama that said Hurts would have a more successful career if he changes positions for the next level. At least you can argue Jones fit a need for us, where there's no arguing a good one at least drafting Hurts in the 2nd round a guy considered QB when you put in over 100M into a guy, with other position needs and very little cap space. Even if Hurts becomes a decent Back up it's a luxury at this point we can't really afford. 

2 minutes ago, need2know said:

Here's the eagles def we all know and love

Yep I was wondering when the real Eagles D would show up