What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Saints at Eagles +8 (42.5)*** This One Hurts (1 Viewer)

This crew this week is so different from Nantz/Romo last week and the ESPN guys who ripped this organization a few new ones for this mess, while this crew seems to want to defend them and make excuses 

just crazy how the whole team looks so much better today. can't figure out if doug is calling a better game, or Hurts is managing the game better, or what

So watching this game, what the heck does Lurie do after this season? If Doug beats the #1 team in the NFC it will be hard to justify canning him i would think

Difference between Saints D first half and this half so far is that they have Discipline against Hurts running ability. 

Hurts aint big enough to do that Doug. Thats one of the things Wentz was still doing well this year especially at his size was getting those 4th and short sneaks converted. 

So watching this game, what the heck does Lurie do after this season? If Doug beats the #1 team in the NFC it will be hard to justify canning him i would think
If they beat the Saints today and Hurts look decent the rest of the way, they have to bring Doug back to see what he can do with Hurts.  

It depends what is going on behind the scenes. Why all of a sudden are the doing everything we wanted With Wentz now with Hurts? Was it Wentz refusing, Doug and coaching staff having Egos not wanting to change, etc? I think what we don't know in that area will play a part in that too. If it was more the coaching staff refusal then I think Lurie has no choice but to fire Doug for coaching Malpracticet there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If they beat the Saints today and Hurts look decent the rest of the way, they have to bring Doug back to see what he can do with Hurts.  
I think to benefit everyone here if Doug is here next year both Wentz and Hurts cannot be here. Same if they bring in a new coach unless the new guy wants to see both before making a decision. 

I would like to thank Coach Pederson who has loved to use Sanders sparingly for weeks to block for Wentz. Now today you figured out you have a legit RB?

Lets see how Hurts and the offense responds. Dennis Allen and the Saints D making very good adjustments for the 2nd half. Jim Schwartz should pay attention there

This is how they beat Hurts in college. Disguising the blitz and bringing constant pressure. Hurts doesn't do well when under pressure and is known to make some really bad decisions under duress. 

I forgot to mention this in my “stuff you talk about incessantly” post.
Don't think you can not let it go. For a league who talks about player safety all the time that play and the lack of action there after just makes the league look like Hypocrites. The whole organization was PO'd by the call, asked for a league investigation on it and then the NFL pretty much gave it a slap on the wrist. The Eagles didn't have anyone in the org with enough Balls to call out the league on this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s the thing that’s going to sink Taysom as a QB. He can actually throw well enough. He just can’t hang on to the football. One or two on the ground every game, and opposing defenses sell out for the strip.

Josh Sweat is one of our only mid to late round Picks that has been really good and developed for us. however I don't know how much credit I give them for a guy who was a 1st round pass rusher if it wasn't the fact that he had some bad knees 

Users who are viewing this thread