Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 15 games


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, starks said:

Jeff Wilson anyone? 

Yes...looking at him and noticing Gus Edwards available.  Wilson if Mostert's ankle keeps bothering him seems like a good move.

Lost Deebo in one play last week...Gaskin just before the week started.  Now Ronald Jones with a finger issue that may not keep him out.  And Im going up against the guy I traded Mostert to...so Wilson may be top on my list (that traded worked out pretty well for me...hoping it doesn't kill me this week...gave up Brady, M Thomas, and Mostert....got Rodgers, Chubb, and Chark...when Thomas, Chubb and Mostert were all out...yeah, Chark sucks but man getting 50+ out of Chubb and Rodgers week 1 of the playoffs sure helps).

Edited by sho nuff
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurts -- I own Herbert and will consider starting Hurts, but most likely not. However, if I make it to the championship and Hurts keeps rolling the matchup against DAL could be too much to pass up.

J. Wilson -- No brainer flex even if Mostert is playing. RB1 if Mostert out against Dal D.

I. Smith -- Only if Rudolph out.

L. Bowden -- Could be a nice flex play if all the Miami WRs out. He's in the slot so should avoid NE"s nasty corners.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami has to play New England this week, they are in almost a Must Win situation IMHO with Vegas and Buffalo to follow, it's a great test for Miami who was 7-1 over their last 8 games coming into KC and the game looked very different in the 1st and 4th Q vs the 2nd and 3rd, Miami only lost 33-27 and they had cut it from 30-10 down to 30-24 and were actually going to get the ball back again but KC woke up and finished them off. 

Why am I posting all this? Lynn Bowden is a potential SLEEPER this coming week and he is coming off a 7/82 yd performance and Parker left the game, might not play this week and then of course Tua can never find Parker so you have to look at these last 11 catches on 13 targets and say...is this a guy you can plug in for the Playoffs as a Flex?

Most of us still in it at this point are sporting something along the lines of Tyreek Hill and AJ Brown at the 1 and the 2 spot, can we not pretend we are talking up a WR1 slot here, we're talking 10-12 points though as possibly the floor just based on volume. Gesicki likely to miss time as well, not a lot of people to throw it to and catch the ball. 

I'm not endorsing you to play him right away but for the next 2-3 weeks, he might be one of those Rookies that flashes in the last month and gets hype in the off season. 

-I don't even remember Miami making this deal but trading something in 2022 which is likely to be in the back half of that round for a player who was taken this year in 2020(With all the craziness) in the or close to the Top 100, I'd like to see Miami develop him because it would mean 1 less high priced pick on a skill player. 

OK but back to the wiaver wire...if you have room at the end of the bench and since not as many folks are grabbing guys, you might want to get him. 

ALSO of NOTE...on RT SPORTS he is listed as a RB and that isn't likely to change. I don't think I have to spell this out but if you could have a RB getting close to 10 targets, you don't need any rushing yds. Bowden has had 1 carry both weeks and he takes direct snaps sometimes. I would say Miami is trying to mold him into their "Swiss Army Gadget" to use but I don't see him long term being a high target guy week in and week out, this is a direct result of injuries, etc...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:
19 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Or maybe Vaughn gets a look?

I guess McCoy looked good last week...

True - I doubt with the playoffs hanging in the balance, Arians will turn the keys over to a rookie at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Wont work, he's only listed as a RB on my CBS

Must be a setting then, this is just a free league I'm in so I can get their stats.

I'm too lazy to post a pic, but mine says :  

Lynn Bowden

#15 RB | Miami | Exp: --

Eligible at RB, WR

Edited by Ardbeg4ever
more info
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruggs to COVID list making Agholor tempting (that is a disgusting thing to say)

Lost Deebo, Cooks iffy, Have C Samuel and Landry and looking to add another receiver.   
 

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Ruggs to IR making Agholor tempting (that is a disgusting thing to say)

Lost Deebo, Cooks iffy, Have C Samuel and Landry and looking to add another receiver.   
 

Is this for sure? What I saw was he was added to the reserve/covid list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Sorry my fault.  The Covid list not IR

Thanks. I was asking because if it was the covid list I was thinking he may still be able to play this week and not miss the minimum of 3 games that IR would be, but I forgot they play Thursday so no chance of him being cleared in time I don’t believe.  

Edited by whole-show
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whole-show said:

Thanks. I was asking because if it was the covid list I was thinking he may still be able to play this week and not miss the minimum of 3 games that IR would be, but I forgot they play Thursday so no chance of him being cleared in time I don’t believe.  

Yeah. The Thursday game is the reason its big for waivers and this week.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's the better flex pickup for this week - Wilson or Bowden? 

 

If Mostert plays, that severely hurts Wilson's value...even if he's the goal line back. Need something closer to a guarantee in the fantasy semis. 

New England's D is strong, and if all the other playmakers in MIA are out, I can see NE focusing on shutting down Bowden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 9:21 PM, Broncobiv said:

Who's the better flex pickup for this week - Wilson or Bowden? 

 

If Mostert plays, that severely hurts Wilson's value...even if he's the goal line back. Need something closer to a guarantee in the fantasy semis. 

New England's D is strong, and if all the other playmakers in MIA are out, I can see NE focusing on shutting down Bowden.

This is a good question, I ended up somehow securing Wilson last night and I could still bring Bowden into the fold but I'm primarily trying to nail down my Flex in PPR...Akers has emerged as my RB2 and so I can pick and choose amongst both RB and WR for the Flex, have Gage and Keke Coutee in the cuts as well. 

I need to see Mostert is OUT before I go all in on Wilson, he didn't exactly light it up last week with all those snaps. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 9:21 PM, Broncobiv said:

Who's the better flex pickup for this week - Wilson or Bowden? 

 

If Mostert plays, that severely hurts Wilson's value...even if he's the goal line back. Need something closer to a guarantee in the fantasy semis. 

New England's D is strong, and if all the other playmakers in MIA are out, I can see NE focusing on shutting down Bowden.

I don't think there's any question it's Wilson.

Even if Mostert is active he could re-injure that ankle or be on a limited snap count. Hell, the way this guy is trending he could get a new injury and leave the game if history is any guide. 

The matchup is so delicious Wilson and Mostert should feast.

Seems like a lot is up in the air with the Miami offense. Is Parker playing? Is Grant playing? Not to mention, if the offense has several issues, how well will they move the ball against NE anyway? Seems like a 13-9 slugfest is coming.

As someone who owns Mostert, Wilson and Bowden, I'm slotting in Wilson without question right now and I'm holding Bowden possibly for my 2nd flex position, but only if Parker and Grant are out.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I don't think there's any question it's Wilson.

Even if Mostert is active he could re-injure that ankle or be on a limited snap count. Hell, the way this guy is trending he could get a new injury and leave the game if history is any guide. 

The matchup is so delicious Wilson and Mostert should feast.

Seems like a lot is up in the air with the Miami offense. Is Parker playing? Is Grant playing? Not to mention, if the offense has several issues, how well will they move the ball against NE anyway? Seems like a 13-9 slugfest is coming.

As someone who owns Mostert, Wilson and Bowden, I'm slotting in Wilson without question right now and I'm holding Bowden possibly for my 2nd flex position, but only if Parker and Grant are out.

I like your thinking and you seem to have confidence in Wilson almost regardless of Mostert status. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I don't think there's any question it's Wilson.

Even if Mostert is active he could re-injure that ankle or be on a limited snap count. Hell, the way this guy is trending he could get a new injury and leave the game if history is any guide. 

The matchup is so delicious Wilson and Mostert should feast.

Seems like a lot is up in the air with the Miami offense. Is Parker playing? Is Grant playing? Not to mention, if the offense has several issues, how well will they move the ball against NE anyway? Seems like a 13-9 slugfest is coming.

As someone who owns Mostert, Wilson and Bowden, I'm slotting in Wilson without question right now and I'm holding Bowden possibly for my 2nd flex position, but only if Parker and Grant are out.

Right now I am with you.  Just think his floor his higher knowing he will likely get 10 touches or so with or without Mostert...and a good shot at a TD.  And yes...Dallas D is poo

Others I am considering (already on my squad or available on waivers)...at flex as my other RB spots Im good with Jacobs and Chubb

Damien Harris ...about the same yardage floor on the same touches it seems..but less of a TD upside unless he breaks one from 15 out.

Gus Edwards...last few weeks were great...but seems likely that he will have to do whatever damage on 10 touches or less.  Good TD upside.

Salvon Ahmed...with Gaskin out and the mess in that backfield..if he goes, probably gets the most touches.  But TD upside lower than others and who knows how healthy he really is.

Jarvis Landry...probably a nice floor around 60 yards...Giants D actually not been bad against WRs though.

Curtis Samuel (assuming Im starting Cooks at WR2)...should be a high volume game to try and keep up with GB.  GB pretty stingy at times against WRs.  If he draws Jaire, that makes it tough.  Rushing upside against that D and screens are a threat.

 

 

Edited by sho nuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Right now I am with you.  Just think his floor his higher knowing he will likely get 10 touches or so with or without Mostert...and a good shot at a TD.

Others I am considering (already on my squad or available on waivers)...at flex as my other RB spots Im good with Jacobs and Chubb

Damien Harris ...about the same yardage floor on the same touches it seems..but less of a TD upside unless he breaks one from 15 out.

Gus Edwards...last few weeks were great...but seems likely that he will have to do whatever damage on 10 touches or less.  Good TD upside.

Salvon Ahmed...with Gaskin out and the mess in that backfield..if he goes, probably gets the most touches.  But TD upside lower than others and who knows how healthy he really is.

Jarvis Landry...probably a nice floor around 60 yards...Giants D actually not been bad against WRs though.

Curtis Samuel (assuming Im starting Cooks at WR2)...should be a high volume game to try and keep up with GB.  GB pretty stingy at times against WRs.  If he draws Jaire, that makes it tough.  Rushing upside against that D and screens are a threat.

 

 

Watch out for D. Harris injury status. Even if active S. Michel could get into the act.

I'm hoping Mostert is active and looks healthy. I'm pushing all my chips on black and the Dallas horrible rush D with both Mostert and Wilson if I can. I've watched that D so many times and there are just gaping holes in that rush D.

If Mostert is out, then I have to pivot to one of several horrible options: J. Conner (nope), or B. Snell (nope), D. Washington (Ugh...especially if Ahmed back and Breida is in the mix), L. Bowden. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Watch out for D. Harris injury status. Even if active S. Michel could get into the act.

I'm hoping Mostert is active and looks healthy. I'm pushing all my chips on black and the Dallas horrible rush D with both Mostert and Wilson if I can. I've watched that D so many times and there are just gaping holes in that rush D.

If Mostert is out, then I have to pivot to one of several horrible options: J. Conner (nope), or B. Snell (nope), D. Washington (Ugh...especially if Ahmed back and Breida is in the mix), L. Bowden. 

Yeah...if I play Harris, its because he is playing and I think getting 5-6 points is good with the outside shot at a TD.  Pretty much like playing Landry really.

And definitely why Wilson was my pick up this week was the Dallas D and Mostert's questions.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, zamboni said:

According to this beat writer, Shanahan believes Mostert will play. No confirmation about how much his nose was growing as he reported it, however.

https://twitter.com/jenniferleechan/status/1339303147148255232

I think I’ll wait to see the practice reports 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...