What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (2 Viewers)

Same boat. I haven't bought a new system since PS3 but I did buy the NHL game a couple of times for that. As someone who spent half my 20s playing the NHL games on Sega, this time I felt like I was just running around with no idea what I was doing (although it was cool to use retro jerseys with the Devils and Stars to pretend I was playing the California Golden Seals vs. the Kansas City Scouts).

I can more than hold my own with MLB The Show and NCAA College FB, but I lost interest in the NHL game pretty quickly. I have to assume more recent versions wouldn't be much better for me in that regard.
Yea, I’m pretty okay at madden (just won a super bowl with the Bucs 🎉) and can get around ok on the nba game but this was totally pointless. I couldn’t even connect passes. Scored 2 goals in 5 games today. Doesn’t seem like it needs to be this hard. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada roughing up Russia in the World Junior semis.  4-0 after 2.  13-4 in scoring chances.

I doubt this thread is the place but NHL 21 is the hardest sports game I’ve ever played. Jesus Christ I’m old I guess. 
Downloaded the free one from XBOX Gamepass (might have been NHL 20) and I deleted it the same day. I was never, ever going to get even mediocre at it.

Kaliyev can just shoot it.

Tell me again how he lasted to the top of the second round in 2019?
If I recall correctly some had concerns about his skating ability. And compete level: 

https://www.tsn.ca/americans-set-to-dominate-first-round-of-the-nhl-draft-1.1323878

The biggest draft wild card is Kaliyev, the 6-foot-2 winger who scored 51 goals this season. Next to 72-goal scorer Cole Caufield, Kaliyev is quite likely best goal scorer in the draft. He has underrated playmaking ability, too, not to mention size and strength — but inconsistency of effort has created a polarizing effect among scouts. In the TSN survey of 10 scouts, one had the Kaliyev in the top 10 and another had him outside the top 40. The others had him spread out in between, totaling six votes in the first round and four in the second. No other prospect ranked in the first round has such a wide variance.
That's per Bob Mckenzie prior to the 2019 draft. McKenzie ranked him 21 on his list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavy Canada push there 2nd half of that period. Getting to the intermission with the 2 goal lead intact is big. Regroup and come out strong in the 3rd. 

@BaileyAJohnson_: a year ago, cam york celebrated his 19th birthday at home in california after an early exit at world juniors, licking his wounds from playing a very limited role as the 7th defenseman. 

today, on his 20th birthday, he's the captain of the team that just won the gold medal.

Users who are viewing this thread