What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (1 Viewer)

Anaheim Ducks@AnaheimDucks

·

5m

Zegras is the fifth American to earn the award. The Ducks are the only organization in the NHL to have two American MVPs, with Zegras joining John Gibson (2013).

I just want to congratulate you all on the victory last night. 

Well deserved.  I thought it was a very entertaining game. Very well played. Well officiated and the better team (last night 😉) won.

USA now 4-1 in Gold medal games vs Canada at the Jr's . We better hold a referendum to get this fixed!

I'm going back bare my soul to you hockey veterans this morning for I'm feeling frustrated. I'm more of a casual hockey fan whose interest in the sport has grown over the last decade or so. I live in Columbus and attend Blue Jacket games when I can or catch some of the games on TV when I can't. My frustration is that while I enjoy watching and rooting for the team, and they have made strides as a franchise, it seems like there is a never-ending saga of our young, talented players wanting out of here as soon as they're able to do so. See: the latest news on PLD, Panarin and Johansson before him, etc. I don't know if it's Torts, Jarmo, the City or a combination of all three that's driving these guys away. 

I'm not as familiar with the other franchises but is this sort of thing widespread across the league and I just have to deal with it or is it more of a problem for my team and I just have to accept it for what it is and carry on? 

I'll hang up and listen now. Thanks. 

I'm going back bare my soul to you hockey veterans this morning for I'm feeling frustrated. I'm more of a casual hockey fan whose interest in the sport has grown over the last decade or so. I live in Columbus and attend Blue Jacket games when I can or catch some of the games on TV when I can't. My frustration is that while I enjoy watching and rooting for the team, and they have made strides as a franchise, it seems like there is a never-ending saga of our young, talented players wanting out of here as soon as they're able to do so. See: the latest news on PLD, Panarin and Johansson before him, etc. I don't know if it's Torts, Jarmo, the City or a combination of all three that's driving these guys away. 

I'm not as familiar with the other franchises but is this sort of thing widespread across the league and I just have to deal with it or is it more of a problem for my team and I just have to accept it for what it is and carry on? 

I'll hang up and listen now. Thanks. 
Being from Michigan and a Red Wings fan I can tell you it's because they're in Columbus.

tough market to sell a guy like Panarin on as compared to NYC or LA or Miami. Seems like most US and Canadian kids would be ok with it though. I think the bigger issue is they haven't had much postseason success outside of the crazy Tampa sweep (which was followed by losing half their roster).

@Aaron Rudnicki the leeg happening this year?

Do you think Rude will answer the requests about the leeg?

I got a Yahoo invite a couple of weeks ago. Assumed it was from him.  :shrug:

I had a dream last night Rude replied to all the fantasy leeg posts.

I had the dream again last night.

Quality schtick that Rude liked my post last night.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/791992-2021-ffa-nhl-fantasy-league/

@SaraCivian: The Canes have promoted Eric Tulsky and Darren Yorke to Assistant General Managers. More to come!

Eric Tulsky is one of the Fancy Stats OG. i was reading his stuff when he was writing for a Flyers blog. Then he did a couple short term projects for a couple teams. Then the Canes hired him full time

@Real_RobRossi: Penguins have cancelled practice and scrimmage scheduled for Saturday. Potential exposure to COVID-19 cited as reason. 
No word yet on how Sunday practice/scrimmage will be impacted.
Important to clarify that this does NOT mean anybody has tested positive for COVID-19.

@CapFriendly: The #Isles have signed F Mathew Barzal to a 3 year contract with an AAV of $7M. Barzal will be an RFA with arbitration rights at the expiry of his contract. https://twitter.com/CF_Transactions/status/1347946779606736896

@CapFriendly: Cap Space Update:
New York #Islanders are $3.09M over the cap limit with a roster of 21 players (13F-6D-2G) after signing F Barzal for $7M AAV

*Boychuk's $6M cap hit is LTIR eligible.

http://www.capfriendly.com/teams/islanders https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1347952350204469253/photo/1

JaxBill said:
@Real_RobRossi: Penguins have cancelled practice and scrimmage scheduled for Saturday. Potential exposure to COVID-19 cited as reason. 
No word yet on how Sunday practice/scrimmage will be impacted.
Important to clarify that this does NOT mean anybody has tested positive for COVID-19.
Probably just a precaution what with the Browns in town

YES!

@byajperez: NEW: Mike Milbury won’t be back as an NHL analyst for NBC Sports, @FOS has learned. 

Statement from NBC Sports:

“We are grateful to Mike for all of his contributions to our coverage for 14 years, but he will not be returning to our NHL announce team. We wish him well.”

@nufced: On the verge of  beginning his second season, Flyers coach Alain Vigneault is now the most tenured head coach among the big four professional sports teams in Philadelphia.

This doesn’t make sense to me. I’m happy, but now that TDA signing looks absolutely awful. 
TDA has too much value to let linger and 4.8x2 seems fair.  if they were able to deal skjei’s deal and get a 1 back, then TDA is infinitely traceable if need be.

TDA has too much value to let linger and 4.8x2 seems fair.  if they were able to deal skjei’s deal and get a 1 back, then TDA is infinitely traceable if need be.
Really. How many teams are clamoring for a guy that can’t wait for parlour to get back up and running

Lot of veteran presence - and cap space -  on that Flyers third line. Patrick has been a pleasant surprise in camp.

@billmeltzer: Lindblom-Couturier-TK
Giroux-Hayes-Farabee
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-NAK

13th: Frost

PP1: Provorov, Giroux, Hayes, Couturier, TK
PP2: Farabee, JVR, Patrick, Voracek, Gustafsson

Not at practice: Gostisbehere

Lot of veteran presence - and cap space -  on that Flyers third line. Patrick has been a pleasant surprise in camp.

@billmeltzer: Lindblom-Couturier-TK
Giroux-Hayes-Farabee
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-NAK

13th: Frost

PP1: Provorov, Giroux, Hayes, Couturier, TK
PP2: Farabee, JVR, Patrick, Voracek, Gustafsson

Not at practice: Gostisbehere
patrick seems a strong breeze away from retirement.

Triple-header tomorrow and with no fans this year I really don’t understand why the NHL isn’t going to do more of that. 
Because it means somebody is going to get stuck with Regis telling us where everyone went to elementary school. 

the Yandle doghouse thing is odd and confusing.  I have no idea what Florida is doing these days.  the last couple years they keep moving backwards after putting together a nice young team with potential. 

the Yandle doghouse thing is odd and confusing.  I have no idea what Florida is doing these days.  the last couple years they keep moving backwards after putting together a nice young team with potential. 
agree completely with this.

it sucks that Arizona and Florida are being run as poorly as they are. tough to build any support in those markets when the teams are a mess.

agree completely with this.

it sucks that Arizona and Florida are being run as poorly as they are. tough to build any support in those markets when the teams are a mess.
Yandle is supposed to be one of the best locker room guys in the league and had played in 866 consecutive games, a streak that ends with this news. I'm the last guy to harp on veteran presents but seems like stuff like that matters a lot to players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread