What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (4 Viewers)

I believe Wisky is the first college hockey team ever to go from worst to first in back-to-back seasons. But that just underscores what a massive underachiever Bucky was last season.
Big 10 was also not as strong this year with ND, OSU, and PSU all taking significant steps back and only having conference play.  but they did figure out how to keep they luck out of their net which helps a lot.

Sabres were decent but mostly unlucky until Covid hit. Then they healthy scratched Skinner for 3 games and the wheels fell off completely.

made me smile.  Reminded me of #9 to #8.
He looked impressive in stretches last night.  First time I had seen him.  Kings suck in overtime.  I knew once they put Brown on the ice he would get torched....and he was.  

Although I am still trying to figure out how Athanasiou walked through four defenders to score.  I don't remember having a Kings player that could do that in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolts win in OT, 4-3, but they didn’t look all that great against a bad Wings team. They’re going to have to do better or someone will steal a win against them.

I'm a huge Carter Hart fan but I'm officially worried.

#goaliesarevoodoo
yikes 

@charlieo_conn: Hart: I just need to find more ways to stop pucks. Just go out and play. Not overthink things, and just trust my game. It's just ####ty right now. I don't feel like myself, and I've got to find a way to get back into playing the game that I love & trusting the game I've built.

I have NHL.tv and also got ESPN+ as part of a package last summer.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out ... but can we trust the NHL that this will be a good thing in the long run?

I have NHL.tv and also got ESPN+ as part of a package last summer.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out ... but can we trust the NHL that this will be a good thing in the long run?
No. And we can probably be sure ESPN will foist Steve Levy and Linda Cohn on us. (Bucci doesn't bother me)

I liked this though

@jksports: Thinking of Tom Mees and John Saunders today. Lost too soon, they were passionate ESPN hockey voices who helped define & build our NHL coverage for years.  They would love today's news: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/03/the-walt-disney-company-espn-and-national-hockey-league-reach-groundbreaking-long-term-agreement/

ESPN sucks.  worst part of the frozen four is it is on that awful network.
I think their live sports presentations are great, way better than any other network sports other than maybe NBC football. There’s not much they don’t do well with live sports imo 

I think their live sports presentations are great, way better than any other network sports other than maybe NBC football. There’s not much they don’t do well with live sports imo 
I’m just happy because I’m tired of all basketball all the time. It’s fine as a sport, but the fastest game on ice deserves more screen time. Of course, the NHL will find a way to screw this up, because Gary Bettman.

Sooo, seems Panarin has returned to the ice after a 2 1/2 week absence over unsubstantiated assault rumors from 10 years ago.  I dunno, but this makes it seem like he's kinda guilty to me of at least something.  And I am seeing rumors abound about Jack Eichel in play.  Now, this is probably all nonsense, but if there is a spec of truth to it, and someone in The Athletic reported it, I think the Rangers should be all in here.  Maybe I'm crazy (definitely biased), but why not offer a Buchnevich, Kravtsov, K. Miller and a 1st round pick?  That's a pretty compelling offer and really wouldn't shake up the team at all.  Rangers desperately need a #1 center, I think this is a match made in heaven.  I dunno :shrug:   Rangers just skidding along this year, not going to make the playoffs with the team as is, but really close to being really good, imho.

Maybe I'm crazy (definitely biased), but why not offer a Buchnevich, Kravtsov, K. Miller and a 1st round pick?  That's a pretty compelling offer and really wouldn't shake up the team at all.  Rangers desperately need a #1 center, I think this is a match made in heaven.  I dunno :shrug:   Rangers just skidding along this year, not going to make the playoffs with the team as is, but really close to being really good, imho.
that offer doesn't get you Eichel.

*sigh*

Looking like a 5th place team at best

@BroadStHockey: And now, in what is the first good thing to happen to the Flyers in over an hour, this period will end 1:29 early.

(There's a piece of broken glass. Teams will take intermission now while they fix it, then they'll play that last 1:29 and then the third period.)

4-1 Caps.

Sooo, seems Panarin has returned to the ice after a 2 1/2 week absence over unsubstantiated assault rumors from 10 years ago.  I dunno, but this makes it seem like he's kinda guilty to me of at least something.  And I am seeing rumors abound about Jack Eichel in play.  Now, this is probably all nonsense, but if there is a spec of truth to it, and someone in The Athletic reported it, I think the Rangers should be all in here.  Maybe I'm crazy (definitely biased), but why not offer a Buchnevich, Kravtsov, K. Miller and a 1st round pick?  That's a pretty compelling offer and really wouldn't shake up the team at all.  Rangers desperately need a #1 center, I think this is a match made in heaven.  I dunno :shrug:   Rangers just skidding along this year, not going to make the playoffs with the team as is, but really close to being really good, imho.
You don't get a player like Eichel without shaking up your team.

that offer doesn't get you Eichel.
And this is why they won’t trade for him. There is zero chance they trade one of Kakko or Lafrieniere let alone both as some Sabres fans are suggesting. Which is fine. They don’t need to absorb the 10 million a year

BUT, the Rangers have some serious issues down the middle in terms of having zero top Center options. It won’t matter how many wingers they have. If they can’t win a draw or have a playmaker get it to then, it’s all for naught. Who is the real Mika. Last years version or this years version. 

I thought I was being pretty obvious with my sarcasm. I did mention how I thought the Blues sucked just a couple pages ago. Don't let that take away from my very real thoughts that the Canadian division is garbage, though.

That Auston Matthews winner last night was a beaut. Classic NHL 94 forehand backhand roof. I have scored many a goals with Mogilny that way.

So McElhinney is not great as a backup, got torched by the Wings. Looks like the Bolts might do some shopping for Vasy’s new backup.

So McElhinney is not great as a backup, got torched by the Wings. Looks like the Bolts might do some shopping for Vasy’s new backup.
They have no cap space at all, like literally down to dollars. The backup won’t play in the playoffs and the playoff spot is locked up. I don’t see the need. 

They have no cap space at all, like literally down to dollars. The backup won’t play in the playoffs and the playoff spot is locked up. I don’t see the need. 
I know they’re right up against it, but it would be nice to give Andrei a night off and not wonder which version of backup will be in net. Then again, he played every second of their Cup run in the bubble, so he’s got the stamina.

I know they’re right up against it, but it would be nice to give Andrei a night off and not wonder which version of backup will be in net. Then again, he played every second of their Cup run in the bubble, so he’s got the stamina.
Yea I don’t think regular-season losses matter right now. In fact, I hope they give 91 and 77 some games off. 

Lankinen seems like the only person who's even close enough to pose a threat.
No other skater is coming close to Kaprizov. Only way I see him not winning is some playoff driven narrative where one of Lankinen/Kahkonen/Nedeljkovic completely takes over their crease and goes on a huge run. 

Users who are viewing this thread