What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (1 Viewer)

Jamie Drysdale debut tonight. I'm irrationally excited to see how he does in the NHL. He was so fun to watch in junior, I hope he steps in and takes right over. Also I realize he's 18 and tiny and should probably still be in the OHL. 
4g6a is 14 AHL games.   The reports on him down there have been excellent.   Has great hockey sense.

Flyers second period tonight was net 10 goals better than last night.

Consistent in their maddening Inconsistency.

True story, I was in a dynasty hockey rookie draft with surely no one in this thread and I was really, really close to taking Jamie Drysdale #7 overall but I had a feeling and took him like 50 picks later instead :bowtie:

This is not at all a premature victory lap and could never in any way blow up in my face...

Ross Colton has some wheels for Tampa, scoring on a pretty sweet breakaway, and because they were in their retro jerseys(which look awesome, by the way), they played the theme from “Friends” after his goal.

One thing that has puzzled me for a few years about the Lightning is that for all their talent and success, they consistently struggle to clear the puck out of their own zone. It’s seriously almost never out on the first try, and it’s going to bite them hard one day. I know teams across the league are wanting to avoid icing/giveaways in open ice, but throw it down the middle once in a while! Keep teams honest and off the boards every time you take the puck away on defense.

Carter Verhaege, a former Bolt, beats McElhinney for an opening goal, only for Tampa to immediately answer and tie the game, which shows that Tampa players are still the best on the ice, even if they’re in the wrong uniform.

So that game was terribly officiated, even by NHL standards, for both sides. What idiot calls a penalty for roughing on the guy getting punched in the face? Never mind the tackling of Bolts players as though the Panthers suddenly started cosplaying as actual cats, these refs are awful!

Definitely an interesting tournament bracket this year, with no PairWise or any other "objective" way of picking the field.

I do like that the Bridgeport Regional is teams I don't ever really see. UMass has never played Lake State. BU and St. Cloud (Albany) have played only once, oddly enough also in Albany in 2000. The ND pick is a bit of a head scratcher.

All five Minnesota teams in for the first time ever ... State of Hockey, indeed.

Definitely an interesting tournament bracket this year, with no PairWise or any other "objective" way of picking the field.

I do like that the Bridgeport Regional is teams I don't ever really see. UMass has never played Lake State. BU and St. Cloud (Albany) have played only once, oddly enough also in Albany in 2000. The ND pick is a bit of a head scratcher.

All five Minnesota teams in for the first time ever ... State of Hockey, indeed.
I didn’t realize UMass had never won the Hockey East tourney.  they had a great year, consistent the whole way in a weird year.

Bemidji more of a head scratcher imo.  decent team and if Mankato wins the tourney they should be in ahead of Lake but no way WCHA should be getting 3 teams in.  

Notre Dame is plucky, hard working structured team that could upset a BC team that has been underwhelming the last couple months.  they swept Minnesota and Michigan in weekend series’ and I watched a lot of the Minnesota one and it wasn’t a fluke.  also had a SO win against Wisconsin.  that said there are several teams on the outside I’d put in front of them.

I don’t think BU is very good and I’d argue Providence, UConn, Lowell, and Northeastern are all better but BU has the points in a small sample.  Providence probably the biggest HE snub, that’s a solid team.  though DU might be better then all of them and a top 10 team.

I’m just glad St. Lawrence bowed out, though it seems a little too convenient timing and that it was the coach that tested positive...pressured??? conspiracy!

looking forward to the tourney!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t realize UMass had never won the Hockey East tourney.  they had a great year, consistent the whole way in a weird year.

Bemidji more of a head scratcher imo.  decent team and if Mankato wins the tourney they should be in ahead of Lake but no way WCHA should be getting 3 teams in.  

Notre Dame is plucky, hard working structured team that could upset a BC team that has been underwhelming the last couple months.  they swept Minnesota and Michigan in weekend series’ and I watched a lot of the Minnesota one and it wasn’t a fluke.  also had a SO win against Wisconsin.  that said there are several teams on the outside I’d put in front of them.

I don’t think BU is very good and I’d argue Providence, UConn, Lowell, and Northeastern are all better but BU has the points in a small sample.  Providence probably the biggest HE snub, that’s a solid team.  though DU might be better then all of them and a top 10 team.

I’m just glad St. Lawrence bowed out, though it seems a little too convenient timing and that it was the coach that tested positive...pressured??? conspiracy!

looking forward to the tourney!
UMass won the regular-season title two years ago, but got upset by BC in the semifinals. Made the championship game in 2004, when they lost to Maine in triple OT ... phenomenal game. Jimmy Howard remains a curse word around here to this day, because he made an unreal flopping kick save on Thomas Pock in the first OT. Pock had the whole top of the net and somehow Howard got his pad on it.

BU is mostly Farrance and Commesso (freshman goalie, Blackhawks 2nd-rounder), so I tend to agree. Lowell got hot down the stretch, Northeastern really never got on a roll.

One of my friends who works for College Hockey News agrees with you on Bemidji. Now watch them go beat Wisco on Friday. ND was a weird team, they somehow couldn't win at home this year. And I agree on Denver ... tough team, but I guess the optics of putting in a 10-13 team were too much.

Ahhh ... it's North Dakota's to lose anyway (at least until they face that NCAA juggernaut AIC  :lmao: ).

Should be fun.

Tampa beats Dallas 2-1, meaning the Lightning are the first team to 50 points in the standings, and Andrei Vasilevskiy has set a franchise record with his 12th straight win in goal.

Love the new thread title - my vaxxes will be in full effect 4/22 so I plan to buy tix to one of the last couple of Devils home games before the season runs out :devil:

-QG

Yep, Plager was a major Blues legend. One of the best parts of winning the Cup was seeing the older players who never won a Cup here celebrating the win (Plager, Hull, Federko, etc.). R.I.P. 

Is there any chance that the nhl gets rid of the blackout rule? It’s so dumb that YouTube TV dropped RSN and NESN. 

5-0 Rangers, Mika with another natural hatty against the Flyers.    3 min into 2nd.

edit: 6-0.  K'Andre

15 straight goals for the Rangers vs Philly before Giroux put that one in. 

The last time the Sabres won a game in regulation during the month of March was March 31, 2018.

I work long hours this time of year, usually leave work during the middle of the Sabres game, usually during the 2nd or 3rd period.  I'll always have the game on the radio for the drive home.  Approx 20 minute commute, so we'll say maybe 8-10 minutes of actual game action while I'm driving home.  Given how they've packed the games in the schedule this year, easily 2-3 games a week.

As I listened to Rick Jeanneret's solemn call of Ovechkin's 717th career goal last night, to make it 6-0 as I drove home, it dawned on me.  I don't think I've heard a single Sabres goal this entire season.
:looks at watch:

Any day now, fellas

Zibanejad got another 3g 3a vs Philly and made history: First player to ever score 6+ points in consecutive games against one team during the regular season. 

Weird night 

Rangers get out shot by a bunch, have 22 shots and score 8 and the blues outshoot the wild 37 to 11 and lose 2 0. Fla outshoots chi by almost 2 to1...loses. Hell, the Sabres even outshot Pittsburgh and lost.  :loco:

Minnesota content to just roll over and take the night off and the Blues couldn’t buy a goal. Things are going swell in St. Louie. 

answer is carter hart.  question is who is that former goaler that now owns an ice rink after being out of the league at 24.  man, he looks like he should be on buffalo.
that has been the most depressing thing about the Flyers struggles. It's gone from "The Flyers finally have a franchise goalie " to "Stupid Flyers have broken Carter Hart ".

How bad are things going? After the game, the official Twitter account passed along news that Oskar Lindblom was still cancer free

@NHLFlyers: The best news we could deliver right now. #OskarStrong 💜 https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1375267486292185091/photo/1

...well, somebody must have posted an extremely negative reaction (then deleted their account )

@NHLFlyers: @bdwala @oskarlindblom Oskar made this announcement following the game tonight because it is his news to announce. We’re not going to apologize for celebrating one of our players being cancer free.

Users who are viewing this thread