What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (1 Viewer)

Seems like a very odd match. Rivalries aside, he's been a good GM that has made a name patiently building up the farm system and trading for youth and picks. Doesn't seem like the guy that a team supposedly trying to keep Crosby/Malkin/Letang together for one last run would be interested in.

@FriedgeHNIC: Ron Hextall had second interview in PIT. We will see where this week takes us.

The time for Quinn to go is upon us.  How can you have a too many men penalty virtually every game?  SO by the same team 2x, with nary a change in style?  The young guys, supposedly his strength, are barely noticeable.  I'm ready......

Sounds like Flyers had more than just Sanheim test positive

@frank_seravalli: Further to @DarrenDreger, tonight's #Flyers-#Caps game has been postponed.

Sounds like Flyers had more than just Sanheim test positive

@frank_seravalli: Further to @DarrenDreger, tonight's #Flyers-#Caps game has been postponed.
I'm very upset that my Devils personally drove down to Philly to infect those Flyers players.

-QG

@frank_seravalli: Ron Hextall has been offered the GM job of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Two sides are talking numbers at this point, but it’s possible that a handshake agreement is in place as soon as today. #TSN

Uh Boy

So Vegas canceled their postgame presser "due to COVID protocols" and Anaheim's was ended after 8 minutes.  

Tomas Nocek was pulled in the 2nd period for reasons not yet announced.

Shea Theodore did not play in the 3rd either. :unsure:

Devils having a team bonding trip to Las Vegas during their COVID break looking like a bad idea in hindsight...

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
Now apparently there was a hit that might have shaken up Theodore but there is nothing on the Nosek deal.  Anyway stay tuned for more bad news.  With NJ, BUF, and MIN in full on delay, PHI looking like they are headed thar way if you add VGK and possibly ANA you could have almost 20% of the league in protocol.

Strongly suspect we are gonna end up with different divisions playing a different total number of games the way things are shaping up.

-QG

Giroux and Justin Braun were added to the Covid list yesterday.

No word on if Brauns age places him in the high risk category

I feel like you never actually get a clear shot of a stick being over the crossbar on an eventual goal...

...and they rule it a good goal. I'll take it. 

RUSF18 said:
I feel like you never actually get a clear shot of a stick being over the crossbar on an eventual goal...

...and they rule it a good goal. I'll take it. 
I guess the rule is vague in that if the high stick doesn't directly lead to the goal, they can't review it if it wasn't called on the ice.

I can live with it, since my boy Rooney ended up with the goal.

I'll accept refs being allowed to call embellishment penalties when they are willing to put up their game checks on being 100% right. 
What gets me is when they call the penalty AND an embellishment, 

Either the guy tripped him or he didn't 

Chemical X said:
time for quinn to bench him....
Brett Howden...last 21 games...over 5 hours of ice time....zero goals.    Quinn loves this guy!

edit: amazing that Rooney, IMO has been our best center all year.  I am also looking forward to Colin Blackwell returning, liked how he played C as well.   

Brett Howden...last 21 games...over 5 hours of ice time....zero goals.    Quinn loves this guy!

edit: amazing that Rooney, IMO has been our best center all year.  I am also looking forward to Colin Blackwell returning, liked how he played C as well.   
It's pretty evident that the Rangers need help at center badly.  Winning 1/3 of your faceoff's each night is not going to usually be a winning formula.  Every time I see Crosby or Bergeron line up in the circle, they are going to just about at will.  It's frustrating as hell.  Mika is not very good at faceoff's at all, but I think he is certainly a top 6 center here and you have to re-sign him.  Chytil was actually showing signs of being good this year, but you need a #1 or #2 center.  Rangers have PLENTY of pieces to deal from.  Now, this team is not Stanley cup caliber this year, but they are good enough to make it into the playoffs.  You get a young center here and this team is deep.  You are getting contributions from all your bottom 6 guys, Gauthier, Rooney, Lemieux, Blackwell, et al.  Honestly, you are going to have to move something to get something, and I'm pretty good with moving just about anyone at this point shy of Mika, Fox and Panarin (probably Lafreneire too because no GM in their right mind would trade him).  Fox is so good.  I'd bundle a Georgiev, young D, Howden, draft pick, whatever to get a good center.

Teams been playing better, Boston is just a better team right now.  Rangers are on par with just about everyone else in that division, imho.  Rask won the game for Boston last night, and Varlamov the night before.  Rangers have had great chances with the guys you want with the puck on their stick, but they've been beat.  

Not really. There are zero GMs that would not have taken Kakko and Lafreniere so it is what it is. 
I was referring to the fact that they got lots of high draft picks over a short period of time.  However They, too, made picks that were pretty much concensus - Yakupov and Puljujarvi - that havent panned out.  

As an aside I expect both of those players you have to be fine NHLers and no reason to not expect Laff to be a star, IMO.

so, with the Rangers set to pick 1 or 2 again, who is the pick?
I'm going with one of the Michigan Centers - Matty Beniers.     Tough to pass on 6-6' defensemen Owen Powers though.   

edit: would take either.  if quinn is still here at least those two are college boys.   euro youngn's aren't quinns strong suit.   

I guess I haven't watched many Vegas games this season..have they worn those horrid shiny gold helmets all year so far? 

The grey ones were perfect..these look clownish.

Artemi Panarin out tonight with 'lower-body injury' vs Bruins.  

Looks like Lafreniere to skate with Strome and Kakko.     Colin Blackwell should also be back.

Funny pre-game gamesmanship @ Rangers/Bruins. Marchand and Zibanejad refusing to leave the ice before the other. It lasted about 5 or 6 minutes. Mika finally calls a rock-paper-scissor to decide. Mike throws rock, Marchand throws scissor and accepts defeat. 

Fun stuff.

Skipdog77 said:
I guess I haven't watched many Vegas games this season..have they worn those horrid shiny gold helmets all year so far? 

The grey ones were perfect..these look clownish.
A great tribute to Dynamo from The Running Man

-QG

Flyers Covid list remains 7.

@charlieo_conn: All of Giroux, Braun, Laughton, Lindblom, Frost and Voracek remain on the list. So it's still seven players, but with Konecny now on there instead of Sanheim.

Users who are viewing this thread