Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 NHL Season Thread: Trade Szn is here

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be drunk, or without pants, or both (or neither) right now. But likely all of the above to come soon. If anyone knew what we went through as UMass hockey fans since the team returned

I work long hours this time of year, usually leave work during the middle of the Sabres game, usually during the 2nd or 3rd period.  I'll always have the game on the radio for the drive home.  Approx

Was searching on youtube for David Quinn's post game press conference after yesterday's loss. Instead I come across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6gvJ11YTU&ab_channel=RobertDiBenede

3 hours ago, JaxBill said:

@NotThrashers: Thrashers have acquired forward Alex Galchenyuk

And now the Leafs have the hot potato named Alex.  Guy gets around. 

7 minutes ago, falguy said:

And now the Leafs have the hot potato named Alex.  Guy gets around. 

Could threaten Mike Sillinger's record with this season alone.

• Thinking 1

Good news???

@NHLFlyers: Based on individual quarantine requirements, eligible players will be permitted to practice either today or Wednesday. The Flyers practice today at the Virtua Center @FlyersSkateZone in Voorhees, NJ at 11 a.m.

@billmeltzer: I was told this morning there will be about 12 players practicing today. Not sure who. Will see in a few minutes.

eta

@billmeltzer: 14 skaters, two goalies (Hart and Elliott) on the ice today.  No Covid 2/15 protocol players today. Taxi squad players on the ice: Andreoff, Pouliot, Kase and Sushko.

Edited by JaxBill
24 minutes ago, QuizGuy66 said:

Devils back in action tonight :devil:

I think it is a tough spot though :unsure:

-QG

Panarin and Kandre the giant out tonight. Should make it easier. 

• AcerFC changed the title to 2021 NHL Season Thread: Devils actually playing a game tonight
1 hour ago, AcerFC said:

Panarin and Kandre the giant out tonight. Should make it easier. 

Panarin out will make it easier for my fantasy team at least :)

Keeping expectations low though - think we gotta win it between minutes 10 and 45.  If it's like our season-opener we'll be slow out of the gate and I fear dead legs at the end the same way Buffalo had.  Would be a huge 2 points.

-QG

• AcerFC changed the title to 2021 NHL Season Thread: Looked like the Rangers were the ones who have not played for 2 weeks

Very happy with the effort from my Devils :devil: - a lot of guys playing like they want to stay in the line up when the big guns return.  Indirectly via interviews comments a minimum of 6 Devils tested positive and surely it was more.  Mileage clearly varied as Kuokkanen actually was one of the positives and it clearly didn't hold him back last night.

A good chunk of the game did have the feel of two young teams trying to figure things out - which they are.  Good start to the rest of the year which I believe has 10 back-to-backs and only a single two-day break the rest of the way.

Goose back at practice today so I think that means there are 3 guys left: Kulikov, Hischier and Zajac.

-QG

6 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Quick with is first AHL shutout in over a decade last night

He actually looked good.  Maybe all this talk of Peterson taking over will light a fire with him.  Although an improved defense in front of him might help too. 

8 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Eagles trade Wentz for 27 dollars of trinkets 

Phillies announce Realmuto has broken thumb 

Suddenly Flyers being down 5 forwards sounds like no big deal.

Bruins game gonna be ugly

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

You've got a game with two questionable power play teams and the refs are calling a minor every 3.5 minutes.

how do you call a penalty shot when the player gets a quality shot off?

• AcerFC changed the title to 2021 NHL Season Thread: Lake Tahoe game which is NOT on Lake Tahoe coming up. Fredo sleeps with the fishes

Just got done reading The Athletic story on the Coyotes. I saw it a couple of days ago but didn't have time to sit down and go through it.

Crazy how no matter what they try to do in the desert, that franchise just can't get out of its own way.

wut?

SASKATOON – Stanley Cup champion and two-time Olympic gold medal-winning coach Mike Babcock is the new head coach of the University of Saskatchewan (USask) Huskies men's hockey team. 

Huskie Athletics Chief Athletics Officer Dave Hardy announced today that Babcock, a long-time NHL and Canadian national team head coach, will lead the Huskies on a full-time volunteer basis for the next two seasons. A former Huskie hockey player from Saskatoon, Babcock replaces Dave Adolph, who announced his retirement on Dec. 7, 2020, after 27 years coaching Huskie hockey. 

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

wut?

SASKATOON – Stanley Cup champion and two-time Olympic gold medal-winning coach Mike Babcock is the new head coach of the University of Saskatchewan (USask) Huskies men's hockey team. 

Huskie Athletics Chief Athletics Officer Dave Hardy announced today that Babcock, a long-time NHL and Canadian national team head coach, will lead the Huskies on a full-time volunteer basis for the next two seasons. A former Huskie hockey player from Saskatoon, Babcock replaces Dave Adolph, who announced his retirement on Dec. 7, 2020, after 27 years coaching Huskie hockey. 

wow, wtf

18 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

lol, it's so bad they might punt this to tomorrow

It's so bad that they are actually playing on a lake

Tomorrow is supposed to be 8 degrees warmer, so the entire thing might get cancelled.

Edited by rascal
2 hours ago, JaxBill said:

wut?

He was advising Todd Woodcock with the University of Vermont Fightin' Rudnickis this season.

38 minutes ago, rascal said:

It's so bad that they are actually playing on a lake

Tomorrow is supposed to be 8 degrees warmer, so the entire thing might get cancelled.

@DownGoesBrown: Apparently the NHL’s requirements for an ideal outdoor game are the same ones it has for Arizona Coyotes management: Shady and not too bright.

• Laughing 2

@richarddeitsch: . @reporterchris tonight on Hockey Night in Canada when talking about the U.S. NHL TV rights deal: "Word is seeping out right now that ESPN has stepped up and it looks like they will get at least •part• of this contract."

9 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@richarddeitsch: . @reporterchris tonight on Hockey Night in Canada when talking about the U.S. NHL TV rights deal: "Word is seeping out right now that ESPN has stepped up and it looks like they will get at least •part• of this contract."

Betting a whollllllllle bunch of that goes to espn+

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Auston Matthews has 18 goals in 18 games. 50 goals in this 56 game season is legitimately in reach

McJesus might do that tonight.

• Laughing 1
  • AcerFC changed the title to 2021 NHL Season Thread: Trade Szn is here