What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (2 Viewers)

And never gets watched?
Future of sports is a LOT of regular season games streaming. Maybe not the NFL but the other 3. Not saying no games will be on espn or espn 2 of course, but they want to pump up ESPN+ and I’m positive a part of NHL and MLB games will be a large part of that. 

Meh.   As long as my in market games stay the same they can bastardize the out of markets.   I don't think they will attract viewers for random nhl/mlb games but could be wrong.  I figure your either already a nhl center ice/mlb tv subscriber or not if you want out of market games

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh.   As long as my in market games stay the same they can bastardize the out of markets.   I don't think they will attract viewers for random nhl/mlb games but could be wrong.  I figure your either already a nhl center ice/mlb tv subscriber or not if you want out of market games
This is a different package than your regional sports. You’ll always have the fox sports networks for your local teams but espn+ will be there for national games a few nights a week, and likely a Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday set of games on the main networks. Think of it as more, not less. 

This is a different package than your regional sports. You’ll always have the fox sports networks for your local teams but espn+ will be there for national games a few nights a week, and likely a Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday set of games on the main networks. Think of it as more, not less. 
I understand that, I'm not talking about fox.  We have our local affiliates for our local teams.  Flyers are on nbc sports philadelphia for example.  My point was adding these extra national "non home market" games don't seem like a reason to want to subscribe to espn+.   My point was if I want to watch these extra games I'm already subscribed to nhl center ice.  Unless they blackout center ice if the game is on espn+. :shrug: . I just don't understand how it's a selling point for plus

I understand that, I'm not talking about fox.  We have our local affiliates for our local teams.  Flyers are on nbc sports philadelphia for example.  My point was adding these extra national "non home market" games don't seem like a reason to want to subscribe to espn+.   My point was if I want to watch these extra games I'm already subscribed to nhl center ice.  Unless they blackout center ice if the game is on espn+. :shrug: . I just don't understand how it's a selling point for plus
Content is the only selling point for all these services. Imo there is a big gap between the people willing to fork over 150-200 a year for each center ice/extra innings/nba package (like 4-600 a year for all 3) and those willing to pay $6 a month for for some extra games across all the sports, as well as extra college football and basketball games and whatever other sports and shows espn + has. 

Content is the only selling point for all these services. Imo there is a big gap between the people willing to fork over 150-200 a year for each center ice/extra innings/nba package (like 4-600 a year for all 3) and those willing to pay $6 a month for for some extra games across all the sports, as well as extra college football and basketball games and whatever other sports and shows espn + has. 
I mean, I’m an example of this. I’m not willing to pay for center ice, but espn + already has some hockey games on it and I flip those on at night quite a few times a week. 

I mean, I’m an example of this. I’m not willing to pay for center ice, but espn + already has some hockey games on it and I flip those on at night quite a few times a week. 
Yeah, this is me too. Love that I can subscribe/unsubscribe to any streaming service when I want.

As for ESPN+, our family is one where we watch a ton of hockey. I have two kids in hockey and no local team to root for. So we will watch 3-4 random games a week if we can get them.

espn+ cracks me up because they cover a ton of international soccer that the mother ship never mentions.

my concern with espn is they're gonna screw up what is generally decent NBC coverage. (likewise epl soccer)

nhl center ice is a bargain compared to Sunday Ticket.  I currently pay for both center ice and espn+. 

swell

@charlieo_conn: AV: "The game was originally supposed to be at 4:30 (7:30 PM EST) tonight, they've already told us to expect it to be a little bit later, depending on -- as everyone can see right now -- the sun."

So prepare for the possibility of a later start than 7:30.
https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1363563693573697536
There's no lights either 🤣🤣 

Eta: I know they have temp lights.

NYR: Panarin taking leave of absence

New York Rangers star Artemi Panarin is taking a leave of absence from the team in wake of a politically motivated article from Russia, in which his former Vityaz head coach alleges that the ex-forward of the Moscow Region club beat an 18-year-old girl in Riga, Latvia in 2011, The Post’s Larry Brooks reported Monday morning.

Andrei Nazarov, who is currently the head coach of the KHL’s Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, has repeatedly criticized Panarin for the forward’s outspoken beliefs regarding Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s regime. Nazarov is a known Putin supporter......

What happened to the Predators? In the Cup finals a few years ago, and every move Poile made was the greatest signing/trade ever. Now everybody is on the trading block? Ouch. Hopefully he does better on these trades. :boxing:

NYR: Panarin taking leave of absence

New York Rangers star Artemi Panarin is taking a leave of absence from the team in wake of a politically motivated article from Russia, in which his former Vityaz head coach alleges that the ex-forward of the Moscow Region club beat an 18-year-old girl in Riga, Latvia in 2011, The Post’s Larry Brooks reported Monday morning.

Andrei Nazarov, who is currently the head coach of the KHL’s Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, has repeatedly criticized Panarin for the forward’s outspoken beliefs regarding Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s regime. Nazarov is a known Putin supporter......
I am a Devils fan but this is absolutely terrible :(

-QG

Bit late, but Bolts snap a short losing streak with a 4-2 win over Carolina. They face the Canes on both Wednesday and Thursday at home.

Panarin -loa

Tony D - banished

Zib - covid recover/hurt, whatever it is...this is not the same guy

Chytil -signs of life, gets hurt

Kakko - signs of life, on the covid protocol

Lafreniere - colin blackwell, phil di gisuppe and kevin rooney have more points.

Trouba - hand injury

Kreider - gets paid and disappears....7years/6.5mm

Anthony Bitetto getting top4 minutes and power play time.

This season is like the Knicks on Ice.

Bit late, but Bolts snap a short losing streak with a 4-2 win over Carolina. They face the Canes on both Wednesday and Thursday at home.
Kind of a weird regular-season because 3 of the 4 central spots are wrapped up for the playoffs and Dallas is likely the 4th. Hard to get excited about any of these games. 

Thoughts on the gw goal with 2 seconds left that was called back in the Habs game? 

Link

as a Habs fan, no surprise that I think it was terrible. Murray had plenty of time to get set. Not really sure why he did the backwards spin to begin with.

Wow ... Julien fired. Seems a bit harsh.
Desperate move by a desperate GM.  Losing 2 in a row to Ottawa (and 3 of 4) didn't help. 

It will be interesting for me to see what Ducharme does differently.  

Glad Muller is gone tho. He has run the PP for many years and it's never been good. 

Thoughts on the gw goal with 2 seconds left that was called back in the Habs game? 

Link

as a Habs fan, no surprise that I think it was terrible. Murray had plenty of time to get set. Not really sure why he did the backwards spin to begin with.

Wow ... Julien fired. Seems a bit harsh.
This should have been a good goal. If it is, Julien and Muller likely have jobs. 

That said, they keep coming out flat and their special teams are awful so blame the coaches I guess. 

Toronto might breeze to the conference final this year :oldunsure:

special teams are awful

Toronto might breeze to the conference final 
Beyond awful! :)

Lots of shorthanded goals earlier in the year but that run stopped a while ago.

As for the playoffs, Edmonton may have turned a corner and any team with McDrai poses a threat.  But Toronto is far ahead of anybody else right now, no doubt.  

As for the playoffs, Edmonton may have turned a corner and any team with McDrai poses a threat.  But Toronto is far ahead of anybody else right now, no doubt.  
Their top 6 forwards have really come together. Puljujarvi looks good as a physical/straight line guy with McDavid and RNH. Kahun and Draisaitl seem to be re-establishing their German connection and Yamamoto is better than I gave him credit for. 

Dangerous D too, with Barrie starting to look like the player he was in Colorado, Nurse being Nurse and Bouchard finally getting to play every day.

@GoldenKnights: We're excited to announce a new partnership with UpickTrade as the official sports recommendation pick service of the Vegas Golden Knights!

Details 👇

http://vgk.io/ROWLs

@aaronkessler: Can't wait until tomorrow when the @GoldenKnights will probably name an official fentanyl distributor partnership or something

Users who are viewing this thread