What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (2 Viewers)

Update: Upick now predicts COVID will win SJS vs VGK game. (It got postponed because a Shark tested positive)

-QG

not sure I remember a Too Many Men penalty with goalie pulled and 7 skaters.  And there was nobody trying to get off ice.

The Blues had the puck for 3 minutes, 36 seconds on a delayed penalty. (And didn't score ... or on the subsequent power play.)

not sure I remember a Too Many Men penalty with goalie pulled and 7 skaters.  And there was nobody trying to get off ice.
This is a Rangers staple the last few years. I would bet my house that they have taken more Too Many men penalties than any other team over the past 3 years

I've seen it the other way - one a long time ago I recall see Ottawa with 8 on the ice trying to defend against a team with a pulled goalie.

-QG

This is a Rangers staple the last few years. I would bet my house that they have taken more Too Many men penalties than any other team over the past 3 years
From 2018-2020, Blues, Rangers and Preds all had 26 minors.  Sabres had the fewest with 10

Canes had the nerve to beat the Bolts 4-0 last week and then the Bolts beat them 3 times in a row. Love to see it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blues had the puck for 3 minutes, 36 seconds on a delayed penalty. (And didn't score ... or on the subsequent power play.)
The Blues haven’t scored a 5 on 3 goal since like 2016 (in the regular season). It’s something like 23 straight minutes. This has nothing to do with what you said, I just find it amazing. 

And god they suck. 

I turned on the Canadiens game to watch the end and they turned the puck over trying to slap it out of their zone that really reminded me of peak 2021 Blues and then gave up a goal. The thing that got Julien fired was “having a great offseason” and having a hot start. Those will sink the head coach of any average team. 

scrappy win by my Devils and Zacha in full late bloomer mode.

That said it would be nice if our opponents wouldn't put up a power play conversion rate higher than the 3-pt FG % of 28 NBA teams.

Seriously - opponents are 41.7% on the power play against the Devils.  Thank goodness they're in like the bottom 3 of taking penalties.

-QG

Bruins have been awful in front of the net the last two nights without Miller and Lauzon. Grzelcyk might be back Sunday, but he doesn't bring that same physical presence.

Flyers and Islanders met in the 1980 Final.  That was when the league did 1 to 16 playoffs.

League has actually realigned a lot so surely it has happened other times.  Heck the Habs and the Kings were once in the same division

That is the question I was thinking about the othet day - what team has been in the same division with the most different teams (actually can do this 2 ways - entire franchise history and then current location only).

Bet there is some oddball contenders - like Montreal.  But there also are so many newer teams now.

My Devils moved a couple times so may be in contention for the franchise title in this.

-QG

That 80-81 Alignment is the best:

Wales Conference:

Adams Division: Buffalo, Boston, Minnesota, Quebec, Toronto

Norris Division: Montreal Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Hartford, Detroit

Campbell Conference:

Patrick Division: NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Washington, Philadelphia and....Calgary :lmao:   (Flames moved from Atlanta late)

Smythe Division: St Louis, Chicago, Colorado, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg

Amazing

-QG

That 80-81 Alignment is the best:

Wales Conference:

Adams Division: Buffalo, Boston, Minnesota, Quebec, Toronto

Norris Division: Montreal Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Hartford, Detroit

Campbell Conference:

Patrick Division: NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Washington, Philadelphia and....Calgary :lmao:   (Flames moved from Atlanta late)

Smythe Division: St Louis, Chicago, Colorado, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg

Amazing

-QG
Going back to the mid-'70s, would love to know what thought process went into putting Los Angeles and California (Oakland) in different divisions against all teams from the Eastern time zone.

I saw Bennington lose his mind there, still not sure why he got yanked in a  barn burner that the Blues won.
I don't think he lost his mind; he knew the team needed a spark and ignited one when leaving the ice.  I am zoning out on what team it was, but he did a similar thing in a game last season when the team looked lethargic.  He started a pushing contest with an opposing player for seemingly no reason and the team woke up.  

I don't think he lost his mind; he knew the team needed a spark and ignited one when leaving the ice.  I am zoning out on what team it was, but he did a similar thing in a game last season when the team looked lethargic.  He started a pushing contest with an opposing player for seemingly no reason and the team woke up.  
Maybe, goalies are weird. Still, I don’t think I’d see Vasilevskiy doing something like that to fire his team up.

P.K. Subban a healthy scratch today apparently. I'm guessing his stupid ####### shot that injured Hischier is a big part of that.

Edit - apparently not, Subban is in

Last edited by a moderator:
what exactly does brett howden do?  is it possible that mika zibanejad has 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points?  i might be off on that figure.

Oddly specific stat

@ehornick: The #Isles have shut out the #Penguins for the first time in the last 190 games (@KellyHrudey on 1/9/1986)! #NHL #NHLStats 

Users who are viewing this thread