Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 NHL Season Thread: Trade Szn is here

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be drunk, or without pants, or both (or neither) right now. But likely all of the above to come soon. If anyone knew what we went through as UMass hockey fans since the team returned

I work long hours this time of year, usually leave work during the middle of the Sabres game, usually during the 2nd or 3rd period.  I'll always have the game on the radio for the drive home.  Approx

Was searching on youtube for David Quinn's post game press conference after yesterday's loss. Instead I come across this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6gvJ11YTU&ab_channel=RobertDiBenede

uh oh

@penguins: Coach Sullivan on Crosby: "Sid will not be available for tonight's game. He will be listed on the NHL's COVID protocol list. We didn't have a morning skate this morning due to the NHL's COVID protocol."

• Sad 1

I take back what I said about Edmonton potentially posing a threat to Toronto.  Leafs can go ahead and make travel plans for the final 4. It's men against boys up here.

• Like 1
  • AcerFC changed the title to 2021 NHL Season Thread: Brasky sings Divinyls songs when thinking about Kaprizov
14 hours ago, falguy said:

I take back what I said about Edmonton potentially posing a threat to Toronto.  Leafs can go ahead and make travel plans for the final 4. It's men against boys up here.

Get thee a zamboni driver or 3!

-QG

5 hours ago, Capella said:

Vasy with 3 straight shutouts. 

Interestingly enough, he is actually on 2 different shutout streaks: the one from this season, and he has blanked the Stars for 3 straight games going back to Game 6 of the Cup Finals.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Capella said:

Vasy with 3 straight shutouts. 

He’d run the table if they played Dallas every night. 

16 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

He’d run the table if they played Dallas every night. 

Word is he’s getting into the sports executive business, since he owns the Stars now.

Rangers  6-1  over Devils.    After the 1st period would have predicted the other way around.

Mika Z with the least ice time at C 1st period, benched first 10 minutes of 2nd (Chytil double shifted).

Kreider with a natural hat trick to go up 3-1 after Hughes scored.   Hughes loves to score on the Rangers.  This unfortunately looks like a trend.

Lafreniere points in 4 straight, and a snipe on the 6th goal.

Igor leaves on non contact injury in 3rd, back or leg...he looked in pain, did not look good at all.

Ryan Mura@RyanMura

6h

fans attending sabres games can choose to have their vaccine shot during intermission. for an additional cost you can also be euthanized

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
6 hours ago, E Street Brat said:

Nevermind. 

Just give them time, they’ll start scoring. Still, they were definitely sloppy tonight, and somebody is going to make them pay for that if they don’t fix that.

5 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

is every coach in Canada going to get fired before Green?

Hadn't really thought of that but I can see the all-Canadian division really cranking up the heat on the coachea there that much more.

-QG

Bolts drop the game in the shootout, but remain a point ahead of Carolina for first in the Central. I’m surprised Chicago is this good, because at the start of the season, they definitely were not that.

what happened to Bergeron?

@NHLBruins: #NHLBruins prax lines:

Marchand - McKegg - Pastrnak
Ritchie - Krejci - DeBrusk
Frederic - Coyle - Smith
Bjork/Kuraly - Studnicka - Wagner

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Zboril - Clifton
Tinordi - Vaakanainen
Moore - Kampfer

Rask
Halak
Booth

Absent: Bergeron, Carlo, Kase, Lauzon, Miller. https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1368250269906124804/photo/1

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

what happened to Bergeron?

@NHLBruins: #NHLBruins prax lines:

Marchand - McKegg - Pastrnak
Ritchie - Krejci - DeBrusk
Frederic - Coyle - Smith
Bjork/Kuraly - Studnicka - Wagner

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Zboril - Clifton
Tinordi - Vaakanainen
Moore - Kampfer

Rask
Halak
Booth

Absent: Bergeron, Carlo, Kase, Lauzon, Miller. https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1368250269906124804/photo/1

He went down pretty hard into the boards at one point last night.  Although hoping it's just a maintenance day. Give him the day off after all the awesome captaining he did yesterday after the Scumbag Wilson affair. 

• AcerFC changed the title to 2021 NHL Season Thread: Barzal is pretty good at hockey
54 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

how is Buffalo this bad?  

The quick answer is that ownership makes dumb decisions.

4 hours ago, Skipdog77 said:

He went down pretty hard into the boards at one point last night.  Although hoping it's just a maintenance day. Give him the day off after all the awesome captaining he did yesterday after the Scumbag Wilson affair. 

All indications were that it was just a maintenance day.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Caufield secures the Big Ten title yesterday and almost finishes at a goal per game.  even more impressive since he didn't have Holloway for a good chunk of the season.  

I believe Wisky is the first college hockey team ever to go from worst to first in back-to-back seasons. But that just underscores what a massive underachiever Bucky was last season.

• Like 1

Bolts go down 3-0, then proceed to take the Hawks lunch money in the 2nd, roaring all the way back to take a 4-3 lead. The 3rd will either feature a defensive showdown or 13 goals.

Edited by Kal El
ETA: Hawks only got 2 in the first

I guess the Lightning just took about 25 minutes of game time to remember, “Oh yeah, we’re the Lightning,” and scored 6 straight to win 6-3.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kal El said:

I guess the Lightning just took about 25 minutes of game time to remember, “Oh yeah, we’re the Lightning,” and scored 6 straight to win 6-3.

That Cernak hit looked bad...

Tonight I learned that I can leave my car to pick up food at a restaurant with my team up a goal and get back in my car with my team down 3-1 and not have a single ####### complaint about the takeout service at the restaurant.

• AcerFC changed the title to 2021 NHL Season Thread: Trade Szn is here