What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (4 Viewers)

something tells me he won’t, but McDavid definitely should get a game or two for that 
I was watching live and thought "holy. he just did that??".

I doubt they'll even look at it.  Kotkaniemi wasn't hurt. Maybe if he was they would have a look see but since he's McJesus and no injury I would be shocked.

insert this Is Fine meme

@NHLFlyers: Transactions: We have recalled the following players from the Taxi Squad:

F - Connor Bunnaman
F - Carsen Twarynski
D - Samuel Morin
G - Alex Lyon

In addition, we have assigned defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere to the Taxi Squad.

hmmm ...(walks in from the ledge slightly)

@charlieo_conn: Vigneault says that was part the reason why they waived Ghost, to increase the roster/cap flexibility to make it easier to sit both. Felt Lindblom & Patrick really need the break. Giving them a full 72-hour break away from the ice. Neither practiced today.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlameHart

@charlieo_conn: The Flyers can only have 23 players on the roster at once.

Right now, they have 3 goalies because they're giving Hart a full reset.
Sitting Lindblom/Patrick means they need 14 forwards (12 playing).
That leaves only 6 roster spots for d-men. https://twitter.com/tartansoul/status/1377368026140524546

@charlieo_conn: If any of Provorov, Myers, Sanheim were waived, they'd be claimed.
Morin deserves to be playing.
Braun would have decent chance of being claimed.
Gus is on an expiring deal so he might be claimed.
Ghost's remaining contract is prohibitive to most teams so he was likely to clear.

@charlieo_conn: People are really mad but what this really boils down to is that Flyers think Patrick and Lindblom need physical and mental breaks. Which... seems reasonable?

@charlieo_conn: My interpretation of this basically boils down to the sports science stuff the Flyers do. They keep track of players' conditioning levels, particularly in practice. It sounds like they've noticed both players down in that area recently.

one game away from 19.

one. single. game.

this team had it all.  no goaler.  no defense.  dead superstar.  underperforming up and down the lineup.  a $9mil guy with less points than some goalies.  fire sale into the deadline.  covid issues.  tough division.  it was special.  we may never see anyone get that close again in our lifetimes.  and here I was beginning to get optimistic about a shot at the 80/81 Jets 30.  what could have been.  I’m devastated.

still, a hell of a run.  well done, Sabres.  bravo.

After this ####### piece of #### month of March, Flyers better not announce any moves April 1, because I'll have zero idea if it's an April Fools after one successive New Low after another. 

one game away from 19.

one. single. game.

this team had it all.  no goaler.  no defense.  dead superstar.  underperforming up and down the lineup.  a $9mil guy with less points than some goalies.  fire sale into the deadline.  covid issues.  tough division.  it was special.  we may never see anyone get that close again in our lifetimes.  and here I was beginning to get optimistic about a shot at the 80/81 Jets 30.  what could have been.  I’m devastated.

still, a hell of a run.  well done, Sabres.  bravo.
Don’t be sad the streak is over. Smile because it happened. 

gotta love the hypocrisy of Stephenson getting 3 games a day after McDavid gets a slap on the wrist for the same thing...and then they actually try to justify it.  just give us some respect and admit McDavid is untouchable

man was I wrong about the Talbot signing, guy has been fantastic.  Kahkonen has had a great season too but Talbot has been even better all year imo.  Guerin nailed this one.

Bolts beat Detroit 2-1 on a strong outing from Vasilevskiy. Interesting pair of stats at game end: he’s 13-0-0 at home this year and 12-0-0 all time against the Red Wings.

The Blues are officially Dead Team Skating at this point.  My confidence in them has been shaky for a while, but they are in major freefall now and not sure if anything can be done to stop it this season. 

The Blues are officially Dead Team Skating at this point.  My confidence in them has been shaky for a while, but they are in major freefall now and not sure if anything can be done to stop it this season. 
Well actually their poor shooting percentage over the last couple weeks will most likely get back to normal and they will win some games. That said, they aren’t a good team. They haven’t been a good team all year. Their most impressive win was a 4-1 decision over the Avs in game 1. They came out in game 2 and got obliterated and it’s been a downhill trajectory ever since aside from beating up on California a bit a couple months ago. They suck, man, but they pretty much have all season. 

Well actually their poor shooting percentage over the last couple weeks will most likely get back to normal and they will win some games. That said, they aren’t a good team. They haven’t been a good team all year. Their most impressive win was a 4-1 decision over the Avs in game 1. They came out in game 2 and got obliterated and it’s been a downhill trajectory ever since aside from beating up on California a bit a couple months ago. They suck, man, but they pretty much have all season. 
Tonight won't help

Bolts lose again, this time with Vasilevskiy in net. Not thrilled about the rough patch they’re hitting, but better now than in the playoffs, I suppose.

Exactly what the Isles needed - scorers that play the Isles 2 way game.

The Isles are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

Well done Lou !!!!

Last time two respected veterans were excited to waive NTC to go to the Islanders for a Cup run, I couldn't wait to hit the online forums. But there was no internet.

Great trade by the Isles although I don't know much about the 2 players going back, the 2021 1st will be late in what is going to be a weak draft.  Lou gets 2 wily veterans who can still play.  Cagy move to get this done early. 

Bolts beat Columbus 6-4 in a game where their defense apparently missed the plane, but the offense stepped up. Ross Colton is having himself a season as well, he’s likely to be good for a while if this trajectory holds up.

Bolts beat Columbus 6-4 in a game where their defense apparently missed the plane, but the offense stepped up. Ross Colton is having himself a season as well, he’s likely to be good for a while if this trajectory holds up.
Can’t believe how good he is. Wasn’t considered a prospect at all. 

The win was nice, but Stamkos left with an injury in the third and the Bolts have yet to release an update...here we go 

Great trade by the Isles although I don't know much about the 2 players going back, the 2021 1st will be late in what is going to be a weak draft.  Lou gets 2 wily veterans who can still play.  Cagy move to get this done early. 
It's also going to be the weirdest draft ever in hindsight. With so few viewings of the top prospects, there will be guys taken way earlier/later than they might have in a proper season.

It's also going to be the weirdest draft ever in hindsight. With so few viewings of the top prospects, there will be guys taken way earlier/later than they might have in a proper season.
No doubt. OHL players will be very interesting to see since the vast majority - other than the top guys who got to play overseas - haven't even played. I feel terrible for these kids and their families. :(  Should be a fun draft tho.

Rumor is the Lightning are in on Savard. Don’t know how they could pull that off without CBJ eating a lot of salary. 

Sports are just weird. The Blues went like a month unable to score a goal. They regressed to the mean in one night.
A week ago, they looked like they were in free-fall and would be ending the season that way, but the last two games showed that they still have plenty of fight in them.  Not that my expectations are suddenly high, but I'd rather see them go down fighting than with a whimper. 

Rumor is the Lightning are in on Savard. Don’t know how they could pull that off without CBJ eating a lot of salary. 
There are also some rumors on Raw Charge that they’re taking a look at Ullmark. The guy has a .916 save percentage in Buffalo, which is a miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread